Author Topic: Review of the Shogun Bros Ballista Mk1  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Blusey

Review of the Shogun Bros Ballista Mk1
« on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 07:24:14 »
Hey guys, Back in 2013 I asked people for advice on getting a new mouse. I ended up buying one and honestly I thought I'd return the favour of the advice by letting everyone know what I thought of it. Also currently trying to get into reviews so let me know what you think!

The mouse I bought was the Shogun Bro's Ballista Mk1. Was quite impressed with the packaging when it arrived as it looked good and you could see the product clearly.

The mouse itself has a really interesting design and is themed in a military sense. It has a nice amount of illumination over the mouse and over all it's quite nice. It has a slightly different side grip which takes time to get used to but it feels quite nice after that little bit of time.

The main thing about the mouse which I love however is the sensor being placed under the index finger so it feels more like you're pointing at the cursor/where you want.

One of the factors I love about this mouse is the ability to hold a button for 5 seconds then every time you scroll up or down you change the DPI by 200.

Looking at the Interface for the mouse drivers was the only thing that I wasn't over the moon about on this. It does the job and works perfectly however it doesn't look that amazing compared to the rest of what they provide.

Over all I would give this mouse:

5/5 Performance
5/5 Packaging
5/5 Aesthetics
3/5 Driver user face

Overall if you are looking to buy a good gaming mouse for around the price of £50 I really recommend this one!

Offline ajunakey

Re: Review of the Shogun Bros Ballista Mk1
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 02:00:59 »
Nice mini review! What was your prior mouse to this one?

Offline lunr

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 03:15:37 »
I never heard of Shogun Bros before. I'm guessing they are a new company? I saw their website and they mentioned 8k DPI which I found to be a bit insane. The "Military paint" thing sounds pretty neat.

Offline ajunakey

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 01:51:55 »
I never heard of Shogun Bros before. I'm guessing they are a new company? I saw their website and they mentioned 8k DPI which I found to be a bit insane. The "Military paint" thing sounds pretty neat.

Never heard of their name either. Also who uses 8000 dpi  :confused:

Offline Blusey

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:29:25 »
I use lowest DPI but had Razer Deathadder before =]