Author Topic: Post your key caps thread  (Read 696218 times)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: Post your key caps thread
« Reply #2200 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 12:21:06 »
This QFR gets too much love…

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2201 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 13:40:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

That Oktoberfest.... *drool*
c h e r

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2202 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 00:35:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Goes surprisingly well with the CCnG!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2203 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 10:55:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

There was one for sale on Ebay a year ago that I waited too long to snatch up. Such regrets.
c h e r

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2204 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 22:35:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

There was one for sale on Ebay a year ago that I waited too long to snatch up. Such regrets.

Oktoberfest?  They turn up occasionally in Classifieds here.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2205 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 10:07:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Oktoberfest?  They turn up occasionally in Classifieds here.

I'll keep my eyes open.
c h e r

Offline dagdrivaren

« Reply #2206 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 09:58:05 »
Oktoberfest?! Would that be the Esc key on the account of it looking like a beer glass, with the beer and the foam on top? If so, that's just hilarious. Sheer genious!
Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (brown switches)

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2207 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 13:42:58 »
Oktoberfest?! Would that be the Esc key on the account of it looking like a beer glass, with the beer and the foam on top? If so, that's just hilarious. Sheer genious!

Yep. It's a do-want for me.
c h e r

Offline mindoculus

« Reply #2208 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 17:29:36 »
purchases so far in 2014.

black one on top is the batman metal keycap courtesy of imsto.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2209 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 17:40:44 »
^^ nice batman cap. Was going to get one but imsto had some issues fulfilling my order.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2210 on: Sun, 23 February 2014, 20:46:17 »
Nice Starcraft set... From the photo it looks like it would match my LZ-S perfect >.<
I love Elzy

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2211 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 06:34:19 »
I got some Alps Dolch-alike keycaps the other day. Took some comparison shots against actual GMK Dolch. They're quite nice, and in perfect condition.

The caps look darker in this one than they actually are.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2212 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:57:43 »
Got to love those sexy thicker than most Alps double shots.  Are the one with blue on the side triple shot or printed?  And are the top two rows those funky half Alps?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2213 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 09:15:05 »
I got some Alps Dolch-alike keycaps the other day. Took some comparison shots against actual GMK Dolch. They're quite nice, and in perfect condition.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The caps look darker in this one than they actually are.
Show Image

Oh my... these caps are really sexy.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2214 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 09:28:07 »

Got to love those sexy thicker than most Alps double shots.  Are the one with blue on the side triple shot or printed?  And are the top two rows those funky half Alps?

The blue are printed, but still look really good. Triple shots would be just too incredible :)

And yes, the top are the weird half alps.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #2215 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:15:00 »

started using my shine 3 gamerZ keyboard again to reacquaint myself with cherry switches in preparation for the new d3 expansion.
Still love my HHKB but cant enjoy playing games on it for crap!

i put alot of love in this keyboard, she was my first and i could never forget her...

*let someone borrow my actual camera, so sorry for the potatoes
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:16:52 by HipsterPunks »
sell out and eat ass

Offline dcskins88

« Reply #2216 on: Sat, 01 March 2014, 23:53:40 »
QFR with Banggood White PBT Keycaps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2217 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 00:56:05 »
QFR with Banggood White PBT Keycaps

Show Image

Welcome to Geekhack!

Black and white - nice contrast!

Did the windows keycaps come with the set?  Cool if they did.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2218 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 10:44:10 »
Posting shots of my Keycaps, The grey cherry profile Dye Subs from IMSTO

Nice!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2219 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 12:14:00 »

The 1.25 mods, spacebar and caps lock are GMK and the rest = original Cherry doubleshots. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #2220 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:02:19 »
Show Image

The 1.25 mods, spacebar and caps lock are GMK and the rest = original Cherry doubleshots. :)

What PCB is under that keycaps? I don't think I have ever seen any PCB supporting this layout. Interesting.  :thumb:
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2221 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:04:15 »
I believe it's ducky mini. Nice one epzy!
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2222 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 16:08:28 »
Show Image

What PCB is under that keycaps? I don't think I have ever seen any PCB supporting this layout. Interesting.  :thumb:

Yes, it's a Ducky Mini! There are Poker 2's with the exact same PCB as well.

I believe it's ducky mini. Nice one epzy!

Thanks Photekq!  :D
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline zippox

« Reply #2223 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 12:55:23 »
I found a Gateway2000 at a local goodwill. It was missing a ton of the keys but it had all A-Z and some others. They are cherry profile abs keys it seems. I replaced some of my QFR caps with them.
58230-0

Offline boradori007

• I'm trippin bear balls.
« Reply #2224 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 02:25:56 »
purchases so far in 2014.

black one on top is the batman metal keycap courtesy of imsto.

Show Image

nice collection

Offline zig_ziglar

« Reply #2225 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 23:18:40 »
A quick question: in signature plastics terms http://www.keycapsdirect.com/key-caps.php, what profile does WASD use? Or is it different again?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2226 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 23:20:24 »
A quick question: in signature plastics terms http://www.keycapsdirect.com/key-caps.php, what profile does WASD use? Or is it different again?
WASD uses OEM profile afaik.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2227 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 23:21:24 »
WASD uses OEM profile afaik.

yup oem

Offline zig_ziglar

« Reply #2228 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 23:34:54 »
doh. I don't mind DSA, but I prefer sculpted shape, so I'm not into the group buys :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2229 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 23:35:46 »
doh. I don't mind DSA, but I prefer sculpted shape, so I'm not into the group buys :(

You could get Toxic - that is DCS.

Offline zig_ziglar

« Reply #2230 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 00:26:12 »

I can't find the thread using search criteria "toxic". Can you link me? :)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2231 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 00:28:38 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55644.0
https://ctrlalt.io/buys/toxic

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2232 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 00:28:43 »

Heh ninjad, but this thread will give background information too!

Ok so you added the GB thread to your post :p

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2233 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 00:29:29 »

Heh ninjad, but this thread will give background information too!

2fast4u  :cool:

Offline zig_ziglar

« Reply #2234 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 01:19:50 »
lol@race

Many thanks, fellas. I actually don't mind Toxic! Allbeit, not quite what I was looking for. Do these group buy keycap producers do front/side printing on PBT with double shot method?! If so, I've seen quite a lot of interest in such combinations ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2235 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 04:15:28 »
lol@race

Many thanks, fellas. I actually don't mind Toxic! Allbeit, not quite what I was looking for. Do these group buy keycap producers do front/side printing on PBT with double shot method?! If so, I've seen quite a lot of interest in such combinations ...

I've never seen front-printed double-shots.

In the case of a GB, generally the colours and design (legend, novelty keys etc.) are worked out ahead of time as part of an IC (interest check), and then moves to a GB in that final form.

You can generally have a say in designing a set during the IC phase, but after that there's rarely an opportunity to change anything.

Offline mindoculus

« Reply #2236 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:59:07 »
Show Image

Thanks to boost! =D

hope I'm not too late to congratulate the artist for these creations.

they hit so many right points in terms of fun, creativity, and simplicity.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2237 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 15:12:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

With the CCnG it's more like a St. Patty's cap  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2238 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 00:09:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

With the CCnG it's more like a St. Patty's cap  :thumb:

Did somebody say Pattie? ;)

This reminds me...I need to paint more Holiday themed keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2239 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 00:23:09 »
^ 6?

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2240 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 00:29:40 »
^ 6?

That keycap didn't arrive with the rest until much later.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2241 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 13:38:07 »
Show Image

Thanks to boost! =D

hope I'm not too late to congratulate the artist for these creations.

they hit so many right points in terms of fun, creativity, and simplicity.

Couldn't agree with you more.  Bost rules!!!   :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2242 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 17:51:08 »

Did somebody say Pattie? ;)

Show Image

This reminds me...I need to paint more Holiday themed keycaps.

Those look awesome!! I agree, definitely more Key-O-Lanterns  :p
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #2243 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 17:16:18 »
My first Keycaps....  ;D   

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #2244 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 19:17:35 »
My first Keycaps....  ;D   
Show Image

ok, that top skull, DEAD SEXY

Where'd you get?

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #2245 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 19:23:57 »
Got it from teraset.net.
The Termintator Skull called "Ducky Nordic The Exoskull metal cap Cherry MX"
There are 3 other caps  ;D
The cuts in the Case are from the transport... In the next days i can post better pics. Im at work now :(

on this site there are pictures ;) i hope i can post it here.
http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ducky-nordic-keyboards-keycaps-projects-and-misc-stuff-t4718-60.html
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 19:26:47 by Toxic-i- »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2246 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 19:26:50 »
The ancient one is awesome  ;)

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #2247 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 19:29:09 »
Here is the ancient ;)

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #2248 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 20:53:21 »
I found a Gateway2000 at a local goodwill. It was missing a ton of the keys but it had all A-Z and some others. They are cherry profile abs keys it seems. I replaced some of my QFR caps with them.
(Attachment Link)

This looks a lot better then I would have thought.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2249 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 20:32:27 »
GMK RGB set. The red is a little more orange than I had hoped. Need a red Esc now but not sure if EK's will match.
66517-0