Author Topic: Classifieds and the 60 post rule....  (Read 29759 times)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: Classifieds and the 60 post rule....
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 05:02:57 »
Of course there's gonna be a negative connatation for GH on reddit I mean do you see the bull**** ripster spews over there on a daily?  As far as kbdmania goes, idc what they think of us, where do they get most of there keysets anyways?  Oh yeah GH group buys.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 05:39:23 »
Just a suggestion, I am a new member over on 405th.com (forum relating to spartan (Halo) Armour creations) and I joined for the information, and the pictures and the community of people who had similar interests to myself. What I have discovered is that after you hit 100 posts the classified section becomes viewable.

I didn't even know there was a classified section, it was a nice surprise. I can now buy cool things on that forum which I wasn't aware of before. It works out quite well.

Again it all depends if it was Ceteris Paribus then it would work. But this is a different site so things will always ahve variables.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 09:14:08 »
Just a suggestion, I am a new member over on 405th.com (forum relating to spartan (Halo) Armour creations) and I joined for the information, and the pictures and the community of people who had similar interests to myself. What I have discovered is that after you hit 100 posts the classified section becomes viewable.

I didn't even know there was a classified section, it was a nice surprise. I can now buy cool things on that forum which I wasn't aware of before. It works out quite well.

Again it all depends if it was Ceteris Paribus then it would work. But this is a different site so things will always ahve variables.
I like that honestly.  A lot of people think GH has become just a classifieds site.  I would rather have one member who is a contributing part of the community than 100 members who are just here for classifieds.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 11:11:33 »
I've been thinking about this.

DT doesn't seem to have any problems with the classifieds like we do.

I don't even have 60 posts there and mainly only go there for the classifieds and of course the wiki and the occasional interesting project.

Just a random thought...

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 11:12:26 »
They also have way less users  ;)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 11:15:49 »
They also have way less users  ;)

this is true....

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 11:17:23 »
Way different atmosphere over there.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 11:29:15 »
In my opinion Geekhack fine how it is. Or at least make vendor forums visible to people with under _______ amount of posts (if this whole visibility thing goes into effect).

I've never had a problem with people with 0 post when I'm selling something (often times, people just want to buy something, it kinda screws vendors by not making vendor forums visible). When buying, I'm a bit more cautious, but if I get screwed, I have no one to blame by myself and them. Not GH or 60 post or 3 months of membership....
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 13:17:24 »
Seller can always place conditions on sales, like minimum 100 posts or member for at least a month.

And is it in the rules (or should it be) that seller can reject bids/offers from members?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 12:54:08 »

I like that honestly.  A lot of people think GH has become just a classifieds site.  I would rather have one member who is a contributing part of the community than 100 members who are just here for classifieds.

We need people to buy and sell things to have a lively market. Only then can we get the physical goods we want to mod or the parts needed. Besides, there is a limit to how many cool mods I can read about, especially because most people including me are actually not good at modding anything so we can only stare open-mouthed at somebody's cool or amazing mod.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 13:14:27 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54667.0 <- CLASSIFIEDS IS CHANGING, ITS HAPPENING!!