Author Topic: vun's mega mouse writeup  (Read 39412 times)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
vun's mega mouse writeup
« on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:48:15 »
So I've managed to build a decent sized collection of fairly popular computer mice so far, and I figured I'd write up a small review of each one. Hopefully it'll make it easier for people to decide on a new mouse or tempt someone to add one to their collection.
Now, slight warning, this will be focused on gaming as that is often the reason to get a new mouse and also because most of my pointing devices are gaming mice. Some of what I write here will be irrelevant if you aren't getting the mouse for gaming or just casual gaming.
Also keep in mind that this will be somewhat subjective, people use different grips and settings, but over the years I've become fairly flexible when it comes to mice, so I believe I will be able to cover a decent amount.

I'll admit that there's a fair bit more writing on the MMO mice and other flagship mice, as those are usually the ones with the most features to write about. As good as the simple mice like the DA are, there’s not much to be said about it, really, since there isn’t much that sets it apart from other mice.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is, at the time it is published, pretty much just personal notes from a single mouse enthusiast, so if parts of this turns out to be awkwardly written or is either missing information or contains wrong information, do speak up, either in a post here or in a PM.
I know some parts get a lot of attention while others just get a brief mention, this is in part due to what I mentioned above; mice with more features have more features to discuss. I will be working to clean up ranty sections, correct any mistakes, remove unnecessary bits over time and as I get feedback, since if I were to try and get everything right before posting it would probably take ages to get this out there.

I've removed most of the section on sensors and settings as this is covered better in Grim Fandango's thread
If you are looking for tech info on mice and a summary of what the internet in general thinks of the mice, I would suggest checking out his thread as that has far more objective information and facts.
My thread is mostly just my subjective comparison of the mice I own mixed with a few facts and some hearsay, so I would strongly recommend taking a look at Grim's thread before making a decision.

I'll still leave my opinion on acceleration here though:

For those of you who are unaware; acceleration basically changes your cursor movement depending on how fast you move it. For instance if you quickly swipe your mouse 10cm in one direction the cursor will move more than it would if you did the same movement slower. This can be an advantage if you like using low sens to get precision aim in FPS games, but want to be able to flick the mouse quickly when you need to react to something behind you. However, it does mean that mouse movement is less predictable and consistent, which for some people lead to reduced accuracy.
It all comes down to preference, acceleration in itself is not bad, the bad part comes in when sensors/games have inherent acceleration(possibly uneven) that can't be disabled.

Microsoft

IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0
More

A real classic many gamers, both pro and amateur alike, still swear by.
I suppose what can be said about the IME 3.0 goes for the older IntelliMouse products as well as the WMO; cheap, reliable sensor and, as far as I've been able to see, with a popular palm shape that inspired the also very popular DeathAdder.

Despite the rather cheap feel of the materials, I have to admit that I do prefer the surface of the IME 3.0 materials to the DeathAdder.

MS/Razer Habu
More

Same shape as the Mamba and DeathAdder, but materials used are closer to the IME 3.0, so it feels cheaper.
Comes with 2 side panels with different thumb button placements, but this neat feature is outweighed by the picky laser sensor as it was one of the early laser mice.

(Personal note: Despite the drawbacks it's still one of my more treasured mice)
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 April 2014, 19:19:32 by vun »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: vun's mega mouse writeup
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:48:54 »
Logitech

G5
More

Again a fairly early laser mouse, I don't know the exact sensor used but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as the Habu, so the sensor isn't what you'd call top notch, but it has the shape of the MX518 and a weight cartridge.

Hasn't changed much, what can be said about the G5 can mostly be said about the G500, although the G500 does have a better sensor.
Pricey mouse with fancy schmansy laser sensor, does about the same as a cheaper, simpler model, except worse but for more money.
The G5 was pretty much a bad MX518 and the G500 is a bad G400, except the G500 has more buttons and a hyperscroll wheel so there is something to it, but it's not enough in my opinion.

G9x
More

A rather unique mouse, there is nothing quite like it, and it seems to be somewhat of a cult mouse in the sense that you either get it or you don't.
Personally I adore my G9x and I know I'm not alone.

It's not all smiles and sunshine, though. It's got a laser sensor, an off-center one at that, it’s not the cheapest mouse and can be hard to find, although I have been told that it’s still fairly easy to get in the US.
The shape can be a bit weird to some, at least with the fat grip, and the look is not for everyone. Personally I think the G9x looks good, but I haven't gotten much support for this.
So yeah, the G9x is all in the shape, it doesn't really have much else going for it to make it better than the competition, but if that shape is for you then there is no other mouse, the G9x is the one and only.

G400
More

One of the best mice on the market right now; it's cheap, well made, excellent sensor and a shape that works for a lot of people, it's hard to not recommend this when people are looking for a new mouse.
However, if your G400 was bought before or during autumn 2012 you might have one with angle snapping/prediction.

Only drawback is looks; it's not exactly a looker on the desk, although this is subjective so you might like it, but I just haven't heard anyone praise the looks of it so far.

G600
More

Logitech's MMO mouse, and from what I've seen it's quite possibly the best of the few available right now. It feels well made, the finish doesn't wear off as fast as your regular rubberised coating(at least not on the white one, I have not seen how the black looks after use, but my white one shows very little signs of wear even when I do my best to look for it) and the side buttons are placed in a rather clever way.
They way they're angled means it's very easy to find the right button without looking and the clicking action feels nice and solid.

Notable downsides for the G600; laser sensor, although not important here as the kind of games the G600 is meant for usually don't require pinpoint precision, and a somewhat buggy software if you use the current version of LGS, 8.41 I believe it is at the moment.
However, if you step back a version you lose pretty much nothing and you get no noticeable bugs, so this is a problem that is easily solved. The software also has lists of commands available for many games, so you can just drag and drop instead of having to assign each key manually.

G700s
I returned this before I took any pictures, so no pictures of this, sorry.

I can't really compare it to other wireless mice as I only have two; the G700s and the Mamba.
First off; the G700s has a small receiver as opposed to the massive charging base of the Mamba, so as a wireless mouse the G700s is easily better. It also uses a single rechargeable AA battery, so you can easily upgrade the capacity if you want, unlike the Mamba which uses its own battery pack.
It's worth noting that the G700s continues the Logitech trend of off-center laser sensors, in this case it's located at the front of the mouse.

My first impressions of the mouse are that it's heavy, the cord you use to charge and play corded if you prefer that is stiff, heavy and thick, meaning it will cause cable drag and be incompatible with a lot of bungees and other mouse cable systems. As a wired mouse the Mamba works better than the G700s as the cable is just a normal braided mouse cable, but removing the G700s cable is easier since there is no locking mechanism.

The buttons on the G700s looked ugly to me initially, but after a few minutes of using them I can see why they look the way they do; the buttons are shaped the way they are to let you instantly feel which button you're pressing, they seem to be made with the same mindset as the G600 numpad, which is incredibly clever.

G602
 - pics to come -

Impressive wireless mouse from Logitech. Unlike most other wireless gaming mice the G602 can't be charged via USB or a base, but it uses 2xAA, so you can use your own high capacity rechargeable batteries.
I'm still on the batteries that came with the mouse, although using regular batteries might get expensive depending on how much you're using it. Mine still hasn't hit the 50% mark yet, even after several days of use with quite a bit of gaming. The G700s struggled to last even a day, even if you had it at 500hz. The G602 has a switch on top that switches between endurance and performance mode. I don't know exactly what it does, but in endurance it sets the polling rate to 125, and I would assume that it shuts off faster when inactive. I've used mine in a mix between the two, although 125hz feels a bit weird at times, so I do prefer to be at 500.

The side buttons are the same type as on the G700s, the small angled ones that are really easy to navigate. They're one of the best parts of the mouse, you've got 6 buttons on the right side and two on top that you can program.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 March 2014, 05:44:38 by vun »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:49:13 »
Razer

One thing to be careful about when you buy Razer is making sure you get a working product, Razer is know to be a bit sloppy with QC. That said, the only Razer product I've had to RMA was a DeathAdder where the LED stopped working after a day or two.
Another thing to note is what generation your Razer product is the current gen uses the Synapse 2.0 driver software, which is a cloud based replacement for onboard memory. It requires you to create an account and log on the first time you use the software. After that you do not need an internet connection at all, but all in all the software was not well received. Of course, it won't be much of an issue if you plan on using just that mouse, but for many it's a matter of principle.
The generation of mice just before the Synapse generation was Razer's short affair with the Philips Twin Eye Sensor, but most of the stuff outside of PTE and Synapse should be good.

DeathAdder
More

Probably one of the more popular mice, and for good reason. It's got a shape that people can like, it's primarily a palm grip mouse although it's fairly comfortable as a claw grip mouse as well. It's also fairly lightweight and cheap, meaning it's a solid all-round choice.

DeathAdder 2013
More

The DeathAdder freshened up to fit their new image, although thankfully they kept the wavy front instead of giving it the mouse buttons the've put in all their other new mice.
Same exact shape as the old one, but the surface is rougher, more durable and more grippy, and it has rubber pads covering part of the sides meaning that those who disliked the shiny plastic on the old one will be pleased with the changes.
Build quality feels pretty much the same, although the old one feels maybe a tad more solid, because it seems the new one has lost weight and is a tad lighter, something I suspect is another welcome change.

Sensor is still optical and pretty much flawless, but now goes to 6400 dpi, not much else to say about it.

LEDs look slightly less cheap and tacky compared to the old DA, but still not able to beat the Lachesis Refresh.

Someone asked for a click comparison; it feels and sounds pretty much the same as on the G400, but the DA buttons have a bit more material and feels maybe a tiny bit more solid, but I find it hard to find any differences doing a quick comparison.

Abyssus
More

Fantastic mouse for claw/fingertip grip: it's lightweight, fairly cheap, ambidextrous shape, same sensor as the DeathAdder and a safe no-frills design.
That means physical polling rate and dpi switches underneath and no side-buttons, so using drivers is only necessary if you're planning on using it left-handed or just want to remap the mousewheel or something.

Lachesis Refresh
More

The Refresh has the PTE sensor, but unless you're a hardcore gamer at a fairly high level(in which case I don't know why you'd be reading this) the flaws of the sensor are outweighed by the unique shape and very good looks. It's hard to compare the shape as I can't really think of any other mice that have a similar grip style, and it is probably one of the better mice for people with large hands considering the praise I've seen it get from large-handed Lachesis users.

As for looks, not a determining factor when you buy a mouse, but it's nice if your setup can look good in addition to feel right, and the Lachesis is one of the better looking mice I have and it has excellent lighting, far better than the older Razer glowy stuff that just looked tacky.

Mamba
More

More expensive and heavier DeathAdder with an inferior sensor(PTE) and a tacked on wireless mode which is really just annoying. The cable locks in place with a mechanism that makes it a pain to remove. If you have the mouse connected while removing the cable I can pretty much guarantee you'll click pretty much every button on the mouse once while getting the cable out.
Don't get it. Of all the mice I have bought this is one of the few I regret buying.

Krait
More

The original, mind, not the new scaled down version of the Taipan they made for the Asian market.
I don't really have all that much to say about it as it has only seen moderate use as my laptop mouse, all I have to say about it is that it's a bit too small for my hands and that the scroll wheel is fairly slippery.

However it seems to be a very loved mouse, and I am glad that I managed to snatch one before they disappeared off the market completely.

Naga 2012
More

After being used to the G600 there were a few things that became clear right away;
First off the software is nowhere near as good, even if we disregard the fact that it's Synapse. Logitech's software already has a list of commands for most games available in a list that you can drag and drop onto the buttons you want them on, and setting up separate profiles for different games is a breeze compared to Razer.

Logitech's software will detect most of your games, adding games it fails to detect is fairly straightforward, and then you just select the game you want to configure the mouse for, a list of the various keybinds for that game shows up along with what each commands does in that game, and you're free to drag and drop.
Synapse has you create a new profile for the mouse, then select and exe for that profile and finally assign every button manually, which I find to be a hassle and so far haven't bothered setting much up yet.
However, Synapse is better at one point, and that's the cloud saving. The Naga doesn't have onboard memory, which isn't much of an issue if any memory would be like it is on the G600, meaning fairly useless for storing more than one profile, so both mice basically work as they should with their respective software running, but Razer stores your profiles online, meaning if you reinstall or switch computers you won't lose your profiles.

The numpad on the Naga is also inferior to the Logitech one; the G600 numpad is shaped in such a way that you can easily navigate it by thumb feel yet it doesn't feel uncomfortable.
Now, the Naga's numpad is completely flat, it has some tiny nubs here and there, but they don't really help you find the button you need right in the middle of a fight. For this reason, Razer has included what I like to call "training wheels", rubber pads that you can glue on the buttons to create your own little landscape for navigating them.

One thing I love about the Naga though is the interchangable side grips, I absolutely love this and I have waited for something like this for ages, now if they could only do something similar with a non-MMO mouse. The way you remove and attach the grips is done very elegantly with magnets and the grips are shaped really well, although I'm a bit iffy on the claw grip.
The palm grip reminds me of the shape of the Naos(and Qpad, I believe) mice, so if you're looking for a very palm-grip mouse that you won't be lifting a lot and with more buttons, the Naga is definitely worth considering, especially since you can swap the grip if you find that it's too flat and wide.

To conclude: I do like my Naga and I don't regret getting it one bit, but if you're only getting one MMO mouse then I can't recommend the Naga over the G600 in good conscience.

Side note about the other Naga mice;
Older mice are a mixed batch, I'd be wary of buying an older used Naga just because it's cheap, since it has no interchangeable grips and as far as I know the older models have a slightly more problematic PTE sensor.
As for the MOBA mice; they do look like they'd be nice for MOBA games, I also like that they have a solid column in the center of the buttons so you can grip it with your thumb without pressing a key down. If they had a 2012 Hex I might've considered getting that instead of the regular Naga.

Other notable MMO mice off the top of my head are the SS WoW mouse and the R.A.T. MMO mouse. The SS mouse I haven't heard a lot about, but both the SS and RAT are MMO mice with just a bunch of buttons all over instead of the numpad used on the Naga and G600.
If that's what you want then I can't say I've heard enough about the SS mouse to really say anything, but the RAT suffers from the same problems as other RAT mice, which I will cover later.

Ouroboros
More

Razer’s answer to the spaceship RAT mice, although one major difference is that this is ambidextrous whereas the RAT mice are for right-handed users only.
It comes with a base station that acts both as a charging base and a wireless receiver, although having to connect it to the PC with a USB cable does make it too clunky for portable use.
The USB can also be plugged into the mouse directly if you wish to use it as a wired mouse. It’s powered by a single AA battery, which can be removed when used in wired mode.

An interesting feature are the clutch buttons, they are buttons that activate when you firmly press the lower part of the side grips, by default these are set to keep 800dpi while pressed. If you don’t like them there are switches underneath the mouse that locks them so that you can’t press them.
The side panels themselves attach to the mouse with 3 fairly strong magnets, you just need to leave the side panel about 1-2cm to the side of the mouse and it will snap in place by itself.

It uses the strangest setup of the PTE sensor system I’ve seen so far; the different sensors are placed separately under the mouse rather than together in one odd package, and from the TF2 and CSGO gaming I’ve done with it so far it seems to work ok.

I’ve used mine mostly in wireless mode as it’s nice to not have to worry about cable every now and then, battery life is decent, but if you’re not prepared to use this mouse wired then I would advise against it. The wireless function has been very buggy for me, sometimes the mouse will stop tracking, other times it will stop responding at all except for the dpi buttons, sometimes the tracking will slow down massively along one axis. Usually this can be solved by restarting Synapse, replugging the mouse or just putting the mouse on the charging dock and then removing it.
For the most part it works fine, but so far the issues have been annoying enough that I wouldn’t recommend getting this as a wireless mouse just yet. However,  as of writing this I have only had a little time with mine, so I will update this if something changes.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 September 2013, 04:31:32 by vun »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:49:31 »
SteelSeries

Sensei
More

I have the normal Sensei, I believe the MLG version uses the Avago A9800 sensor whereas the other models have the A9500, although compared to the Naos 5k I have had no issue whatsoever with the sensor in my Sensei.
Like the G600 this also has a surface that doesn't show wear, which is not all that important, but it's a nice change from all the rubberised mice that start to show wear during the first few hours of use.

Kinzu
More

I bought a Kinzu on a whim as it was rather cheap, but along with the Mamba this is probably the only other mouse that I regret buying.
Too small for me and not a very good sensor, though the Kinzu v2 should have an improved sensor, so if you have small hands it's probably worth checking out at least.

Saitek

RAT 7
More

Now this is a controversial one, it's got the infamous PTE sensor in it, the first generation had a particularly unreliable sensor, but they got an upgrade a while back and now they have a more reliable sensor.

Apart from the sensor this is a very unique mouse in that you can adjust quite a bit of it to your liking with swappable parts and whatnot, but this makes it a bit heavier than most mice even without weights on.
For casual gaming I have found this to be a great mouse, in part due to the software which is the only mouse software I've seen so far that lets you latch keys, which is great for games where you might want to toggle certain things, like crouch, right mouse button for MMOs etc.

I would be wary about buying a RAT, though, they are cool, yes, but the fact that they're so adjustable also means there's more that can go wrong.
I had to RMA my 1. gen RAT 7 due to the sensor failing, but the 2. gen I got as a replacement has been working great so far.
All in all the RAT is an exciting mouse, but can be prone to failure, so I would recommend buying from a source where you can easliy RMA. It's also fairly heavy, large and clunky, at least the 7, 9 and MMO, not sure about the 3, so keep that in mind.

Mionix

Naos 5000
More

First off I would only recommend the Naos range of mice to mid-high sensitivity users, they have a superb palm shape, but it is not optimal for lifting, so if you lift the mouse a lot I would not recommend them.

Secondly, I have had a fairly poor experience with the implementation of the A9500 sensor in the 5000 model, it's very touchy and jitters easily unlike any other mouse with the same sensor I've seen so far. It can be eliminated, or at least mostly, by tinkering with lift-off distance and whatnot, but no other mouse I’ve had has required this much tinkering to get it to play nice.
Overall build quality is good, but the LEDs and the areas they shine through looks very cheap, again it's on the shoddy end of the scale.
The feel of the mouse buttons is also worth noting, not as being superior or inferior, but noticeably different.

All in all I can't give the 5000 a shining recommendation, might be worth checking out, but unless you NEED that extra dpi I would suggest the 3200 instead.

CM Storm

Xornet
More

Now this is a real treat, quite possibly the cheapest mouse I have and yet it is one of the best. I would, however, recommend considering the Spawn over the Xornet as the Spawn has higher quality internals, but the Spawn hasn't been available here for months, so I had to settle for a Xornet.

I do like the Xornet; it has a fantastic shape, sensor is good, no apparent flaws in build quality and a very pleasant price for such a package.

Func

MS-3
 - pics to come -
*note: there is a new revision of the MS-3 out, it's mostly the same but with a few improvements, like cable protection where it enters the mouse.
Hands down the best purchase I ever made; got it on massdrop for $30 which is amazing value. It does use a 9500 sensor, but the pros of the mouse easily outweigh the cons for me.
I really like the big flat palm shape, with rest for both ringfinger an pinky done well. Mice like the Mionix Naos were too small and flat, but the MS-3 gets the shape right.

It's also got a nice amount of buttons spread around nicely, it's got just about enough buttons for most games, and they're all placed well.

My one main complaint is the software. It's not too bad, but it isn't very powerful either. And if you're not careful when changing profiles or move the mouse when applying new changes you risk the buttons becoming unresponsive. Then you'll need to replug the mouse. Not something I've run into very often, but if you change profiles using mouse buttons often then it might be a problem.
The macro part of the software is very basic, you don't get much choice in how the macro works. You can't make a left click macro and have it repeat while the button is held down, for instance. Nor can you make a toggle macro, where the macro starts playing when you press the button and stops when you press it again.
You also can't assign separate profiles for games, which bothers me quite a bit since it's got a decent number of buttons, meaning there isn't much chance of the same mapping working in several games. And the software only has 3 profiles, so unless you only play one or two games you'll need to be prepared to remap often.

The coating is also the old rubberized stuff that wears off after a few hours of use. Not too impressive, but it does feel fairly solid.

It has become one of my favourite mice thanks to the shape and button layout, so I'm expecting it to see far more use in the future.

TT Esports

Level 10 M
 - pics to come -

This mouse is noteworthy because it's designed by BMW Designworks USA, although it does look like there are some forced elements on it.
The best way to describe the looks of this mouse would be "interesting", it's not outright pretty, but it's not all that ugly either. It would look a lot better with some proper side buttons and without the lights, a slight redesign on the front would also be nice.

The good part is that this mouse has onboard memory with storage for several profiles, which is nice because you'll want to rid yourself of the software as soon as possible. Not only does the software take up 60mb, well over half of that is taken up by ****ty videos that supposedly showcase the features of the mouse, but the videos are 90% logos and music, with a few seconds of actually showing the mouse.
It also looks like the software was designed by a 12 year old who just discovered photoshop, and used every terrible tutorial from self-proclaimed gfx-sites out there.

You can adjust the height and tilt angle of the black top, which is quite nice. At first glance it might look ambidextrous, but it is designed around right hand use. It's actually fairly comfortable as well

Other pointing devices

Kensington

SlimBlade
My first, and so far, only trackball. As the name would suggest it's got a fairly low profile, which I think is fantastic, and the twist-to-scroll thing it has is also very nice, although this is a more controversial feature. Some prefer the scrolling to be separate, but I find that being able to simply twist the ball to scroll is very convenient.

Build quality is also fairly solid, although the sound and feel of the click is a bit cheap, so I would recommend swapping the microswitches.
Another gripe I have is with the software, since you can't adjust trackball sensitivity, all it does is mess with windows sensitivity.

I've heard that some find it to have a bit too low dpi, so if you're used to very high dpi then it may be worth looking at CST trackballs instead. Personally I found the dpi to be a bit too high at first but got used to it after some weeks of use.

CST

LTrac
Much better build quality than the Slimblade, switches don't feel like junk. While the overall design of the Slimblade is better looking, the all-black LTrac does fit better on my desk with all the other black peripherals despite the design being mostly function over form and isn't all that pretty.
For me, though, it's all downhill from there unfortunately.
Now, a lot of these issues are things that might not be an issue for other people, but I've found the LTrac to be a downgrade for my setup.

First off; I use both a trackball and mouse at the same time, with the trackball to the left of the keyboard. This means I prefer swapping left and right click on the trackball.
The CST software, which seems to be an old version of X-Mouse Button Control, just hijacks all inputs, so when you assign left click to right mouse button, this happens to all pointing devices. That's not a good thing. There's also no chording support and one button less than on my Slimblade, so until I add buttons to my CST(which is not a user-friendly procedure) I've got 3 less buttons to work with. Which sucks since I was using those for media controls on my Slimblade.

Second; it's taller than the Slimblade, so it's a bit more awkward to rest the hand on, and the scroll wheel is all the way back, which some prefer, but for me this means I have to move my entire hand just to scroll.

Third; you need to open it up to get the ball out, which is a pain in the ass compared to the Slimblade where the ball lifts out and you can clean the ball, bearings and sensors without having to unscrew anything.

All in all, it's a downgrade in functionality but a fairly decent step up in terms of build quality.
I don't regret the purchase; it's still a good trackball and while it's less functional than the Slimblade, it's more enjoyable to use. And a lot of these concerns are moot if you intend to either not remap the keys or don't have other pointing devices plugged in.
Next up I'll try adding keys to it, I've got some spare MX switches I can wire up, but the main problem is knowing exactly how to wire them and what to put them in, so I'll need to figure that out.

Wacom

Intuos3
A graphics tablet I would say is a must for anyone working with something like CAD, photography, graphic design etc.
Not sure if I'd recommend it as a permanent replacement for a mouse, but I find that it is invaluable when working with photography, drawing/painting and graphic design. Some may find it difficult getting used to having to draw somewhere you're not looking and having the result show up someplace else, but it doesn't take long to get used to, and if you've got the cash you could always get a Cintiq.
Although if you are getting a tablet; get wacom. There really isn't any competition, it would be nice if there was, but atm wacom is really the best option for good tablets.

Mousepads I have used
Not priority atm, will elaborate on these later

SteelSeries QcK+ and QcK Heavy
Decent cloth, available in all sorts of sizes and easily available. The QcK series is a solid range of pads, you can't really go wrong with one as they're decent value and easy to get. The padding on the Heavy and Mass is very comfortable, so far my Heavy is probably the most comfortable pad I've used.

SteelSeries Experience I-2, or IceMat if you want to call it by its original real, and far more sensible, name.
My favourite pad so far, it's got a matte surface giving it a glide somewhere between cloth and hard pad. Feels a bit satin-like.

However, it requires frequent cleaning and doesn't play nice with all older laser sensors, but no major issues.
Since it's made of glass it also feels colder than cloth if it sits in a cold room, so it can be uncomfortable at first when you sit down. But when it gets warmed up a little it just feels amazing.

Also looks very pretty.

Razer Goliathus Extended
Speed
Very slick cloth, stitched edges to prevent fraying, glide is like a smoother QcK. Not much else to say, it’s a decent deskmat.
Control
Much rougher surface for a more controlled glide, seems like it’s pretty good quality.

Might consider doing what someone else here on GH did(pretty sure it was kawa); put thick QcK pads under the Goliathus for better padding.

Razer Manticor
Not had this for too long so these are early impressions; overall a very good pad. The glide is good, quick comparison seems like it has more friction than a QcK.
Very sleek look as well; matte black coating with a small black-on-black Razer logo in the corner. So far no gunk buildup or anything, but I can't really say much on how well it handles wear yet.
Has rubber underneath to prevent it from sliding around, that's working great so far.

So far the only downside has been temperature; it can get cold, which isn't really comfortable. It's usually warm around my desk, but when I open the window the pad tends to cool down and get somewhat uncomfortable.

SteelSeries 5L
This is a funky pad; it's built up in several layers to make a cloth/plastic hybrid pad. I'm not quite sure what the layers are atm, I will look up and add later, but I think the surface is resin-soaked cloth or something.
My second favourite pad, coming in just behind the I-2, haven't found any pads that feel like it yet. Mine is so worn now that I don't dare use it much more, and finding a new one is impossible.

Not really too fond of SS atm; they've stopped production of all their interesting pads in favour of pumping out more QcK pads. Even the I-2 is gone. Bring back the I-2 and 5L and I will buy a stack of each.

Cooler Master alu pad
Got this with a case once, I don't know what they coated the surface with, but it is an amazing pad. Sadly it's too small to use with mid-low sens, so it hasn't seen use in a while.

Mionix Ensis 320
Coated alu pad. The coating is really nice and smooth, although the glide isn't as slippery as some plastic pads. It's still a hard pad, so the glide is fairly smooth.
While I was really happy with the pad at first, it didn't really take long before it started getting dirty and ugly. The glide is still ok, and it's easy to wash, but it seems to have gotten fairly scratched up as well.
It's a decent pad, but ultimately not worth the money unless you can get it on sale, which is the reason I picked it up.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 April 2014, 12:25:10 by vun »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:50:06 »
SOFTWARE(still WiP)
With the increasing popularity of all-in-one software rather than individual drivers I figure it's worth doing a section on software. Lets me clean up some of the above sections, most notably the Naga and G600 sections.

Logitech Gaming Software
More

A real treat for gamers; it scans for installed games and comes with a list of commands for them. Not all games work with this, although adding game profiles isn't hard.
The picture shows my GW2 setup, the commands that you see in the list and used on it were all there by default, all I had to do was drag and drop them onto the buttons I wanted.
Another neat feature is that the game's profile is only actually active within the game, and once you minimise or quit the game it reverts to the default profile. If you alt+tab often this might cause some hiccups like the default profile staying active even after you go back into the game. Usually this is solved by just waiting a bit or alt-tabbing again. Although I'm not sure if this has been improved with newer versions of the software, I know it was an issue when I played GW2, but since then I haven't used it much.

LGS also lets you set up macros just the way you want to; if you record pressing a key, like shift or W, you can delete the key release and set the macro to toggle, meaning you can make a run toggle key if you want.
This is amazingly helpful in games like GW and GW2 where you need to hold right click to move the camera. Having a toggle means you save both your finger and the right mouse button a lot of work. If you're getting a mouse for GW2 or another MMO(or any game you plan on putting lots of time into) where you find yourself holding right click a lot, do your hand a favour and get either Logitech or Saitek, as both software solutions lets you make toggles.

Razer Synapse 2.0
Requires you to create an account to use it, so you basically need an internet connection to set up your mouse, or other Razer gear, when you get it. Although I don't think anyone includes CDs with drivers these days, so you pretty much need to get online to get the drivers in the first place anyway, but this is, as far as I know, the first to require an online connection to install and use properly.

Since launch they have actually listened to the outrage and added an offline mode, so once you've set it up you no longer need a connection.

Razer macros are slightly easier to make if you need mouse clicks, LGS requires you to right click the macro window and insert mouse events manually, whereas Synapse records all input events. Unfortunately, if you try to delete a key up event it deletes the whole key event, so you can't make any sort of toggle key.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2013, 01:51:27 by vun »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:06:46 »
what an amazing reference
i will come here next time i need my next mouse ;)
bookmarked
good work bro!

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:45:00 »
Wow ~  Nice guide man !!!

:D

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 22:37:04 »
Would be curious to hear your thoughts on the Feenix line, or at least the Nausita v2.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 03:26:03 »
No Zowies yet?  ;D
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 04:00:53 »
Nice guide vun, since you like the Coolermaster Spawn/Xornet what about the others that company makes - like;

CM Storm Havoc, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Sentinel Advance II, CM Storm Inferno and the older CM Storm Sentinel Z3RO-G.

Very little mention of these are provided anywhere except for the positive propaganda given to all Razer and Logitech products.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 August 2013, 04:03:43 by Elrick »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 04:56:34 »
No Zowies yet?  ;D
Nope, so far Zowie has been fairly low on my priorities list. I've heard they're good mice, but they're very basic, and I've already got several mice like that; basic design, flawless sensor and no frills.

Would be curious to hear your thoughts on the Feenix line, or at least the Nausita v2.

I'm still a bit on the fence about that one. Apparently it's not an OEM mouse, at least not anymore, although it's still pretty obvious that they started out with an OEM shape and just went from there. Basically it doesn't seem like anything they're making lives up to their desired branding, since they seem to be marketing themselves as a brand of luxury gaming equipment, and so far all they've got is a rebuilt OEM mouse.
It's probably a decent mouse if you actually get one, but I don't really see any reason why unless you absolutely need that shape and can't deal with the cheaper OEM mice.
But this is just me being judgemental before I've even tried them, so don't take this too seriously if you're considering getting one.

Edit:
Nice guide vun, since you like the Coolermaster Spawn/Xornet what about the others that company makes - like;

CM Storm Havoc, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Sentinel Advance II, CM Storm Inferno and the older CM Storm Sentinel Z3RO-G.

Very little mention of these are provided anywhere except for the positive propaganda given to all Razer and Logitech products.

I can't say I'm too big of a fan of the other CM mice, they look like OEM mice that someone stuck tacky bits onto. Again, like the Feenix mice, I haven't tried any as I don't want any of them myself and I don't know anyone who owns one, so this is just how I judge them based on the info I have so far. So yeah, rehash of an old and boring OEM shape that I don't like with tacky bits, which is pretty much how I view Roccat as well.

This is all hearsay, but from what I've heard Carter was a major player in making the Spawn, but didn't have much to do with their other mice. So if this is true, here's a free hint to CM; listen to Carter, he knows what he's doing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 August 2013, 05:04:44 by vun »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 06:20:56 »
This is all hearsay, but from what I've heard Carter was a major player in making the Spawn, but didn't have much to do with their other mice. So if this is true, here's a free hint to CM; listen to Carter, he knows what he's doing.

Thanks for letting me know about this.  I thought about buying another rodent and thought CM would be a good choice, but now..........  :-[ .
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 August 2013, 06:23:23 by Elrick »

Offline Larken

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 06:25:49 »
Kensington

SlimBlade
My first, and so far, only trackball. As the name would suggest it's got a fairly low profile, which I think is fantastic, and the twist-to-scroll thing it has is also very nice, although this is a more controversial feature. Some prefer the scrolling to be separate, but I find that being able to simply twist the ball to scroll is very convenient.

Build quality is also fairly solid, although the sound and feel of the click is a bit cheap, so I would recommend swapping the microswitches.
Another gripe I have is with the software, since you can't adjust trackball sensitivity, all it does is mess with windows sensitivity.

I've heard that some find it to have a bit too low dpi, so if you're used to very high dpi then it may be worth looking at CST trackballs instead, but personally I found the dpi to be a bit too high at first, but I have gotten fairly used to it by now.

gotta ask, which microswitches would you recommend (or consider to be the best) to be swapped into the slimblade? might look into doing that for my expertmouse, but I don't have any experience as to which ones would be good.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 06:42:44 »

Thanks for letting me know about this.  I thought about buying another rodent and thought CM would be a good choice, but now..........  :-[ .
Like I said, it's hearsay and my memory is a bit fuzzy, so don't take it as fact, but that's what I seem to remember and it makes sense considering how different the Spawn/Xornet is compared to the rest of their mice.
Kensington

SlimBlade

I've heard that some find it to have a bit too low dpi, so if you're used to very high dpi then it may be worth looking at CST trackballs instead, but personally I found the dpi to be a bit too high at first, but I have gotten fairly used to it by now.

gotta ask, which microswitches would you recommend (or consider to be the best) to be swapped into the slimblade? might look into doing that for my expertmouse, but I don't have any experience as to which ones would be good.

I'm afraid I don't really know, although I figure pretty much any switch should be better than the stock ones, so I'll probably end up sacrificing a mouse I don't care about, like the Kinzu or something, and just put those in.

Offline Larken

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 07:15:26 »
ah, I see. Thanks. Now I wish I hadn't thrown away my old logitech mice.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Lawngahnome

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 14:41:16 »
Wow, bookmarking this for the next time I need a mouse. Nice write up.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 16:32:28 »
Brilliant read vun, but you know what it is missing? Pictures! And lots of them, please!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 17:04:23 »
Thanks for all the kind words so far.
I'm glad I decided to put this out when I did, as I got my eDox soon after, and getting used to the layout is taking some time. So don't expect major updates to this just yet, since at my current pace it'd be slow going.

I can, however, try to get some pictures up.
edit: Anyone know the max amount of pictures in a post and if that number depends on the amount of characters in a post?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 17:55:50 »
Thanks for all the kind words so far.
I'm glad I decided to put this out when I did, as I got my eDox soon after, and getting used to the layout is taking some time. So don't expect major updates to this just yet, since at my current pace it'd be slow going.

I can, however, try to get some pictures up.
edit: Anyone know the max amount of pictures in a post and if that number depends on the amount of characters in a post?

I'd say it depends on the number of characters. Upload the images to imgur or some other image host

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 09:25:59 »
OK MEGA PICTURE UPDATE

The pictures are fairly large and take up a huge amount of visual space, so I might cut it down to smaller thumbnails, but this will do for now.
I was doing this as I was sorting out the mess of cables in the drawer where I keep them all, so the pics are somewhat rushed and some will probably be replaced later. Some items are still missing pics, those will be added later.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 09:33:53 »
 Hooray! You finally posted this! Im pretty happy its finally up! I had the pleasure of proof reading this and this article turned out better than the draft. Great job! ^__^

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 12:44:02 »
Nice pictures vun. Very purdy!

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 14:02:40 »
Thanks for posting this, it will come in handy when I start looking for a new mouse.
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 18:35:02 »
That refresh looks a lot like the beloved boomslang, still the most reliable mouse I've ever owned. RIP boomslang.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 19:37:41 »
love the pictures, great touch
anyone else love their deathadder?  :-*

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 19:39:22 »
OK MEGA PICTURE UPDATE

Much appreciated.  We all need something like this as a Vital Highlight when searching for a Mouse on the internet/shop.

The pictures help in defining the characteristics of each rodent, I would however urge everyone here to AVOID anything with the MIONIX label on it.  They make such absolute rubbish compared to all other manufacturers.  Even though all their rodents are made in China like everyone else - they unfortunately picked some dodgey-ass manufacturer to produce their current crop of failures.

Just my own personal experience with spending valuable money on the 5000 and 8200 models, which I should never have done.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2013, 19:41:02 by Elrick »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 19:48:13 »
OK MEGA PICTURE UPDATE

Much appreciated.  We all need something like this as a Vital Highlight when searching for a Mouse on the internet/shop.

The pictures help in defining the characteristics of each rodent, I would however urge everyone here to AVOID anything with the MIONIX label on it.  They make such absolute rubbish compared to all other manufacturers.  Even though all their rodents are made in China like everyone else - they unfortunately picked some dodgey-ass manufacturer to produce their current crop of failures.

Just my own personal experience with spending valuable money on the 5000 and 8200 models, which I should never have done.

Like I've said earlier; 3200 is good because of the price, above that you only pay more for poorly implemented laser sensors, build quality feels shoddy and the LED is something that should've been left out because it looks ridiculously cheap and tacky. In my photos it looks passable, but when you see it it's pretty bad.
Basically, you're not getting your money's worth above the 3200.

As for the first thing you said; yeah, that was my plan. I'm hoping that I eventually manage to tidy it up enough to be worthy of a sticky, but in the current state it's a bit too messy with the pictures taking up so much space

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 20:51:30 »
I'm hoping that I eventually manage to tidy it up enough to be worthy of a sticky, but in the current state it's a bit too messy with the pictures taking up so much space

That would be perfect because we need a Sticky such as this.  Helps people decide on what to buy instead of wasting money on Junk (like buying Mionix).

Don't worry about the pictures, they help explain visually that would take several paragraphs of wasted print.  Pics are always welcomed.  Since Ripster's wiki has been burned on here at Geekhack, we need something like your detailed explanation of various Mice more than ever.

Besides I don't even think Ripster ever did a detailed Mouse comparison........

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 04:44:19 »
Well my problem isn't that there are too many pictures, it's that they are currently so large that they take up a huge amount of visual space compared to the text. I'll probably end up having smaller thumbnails that people can click, but on the other hand I think more people will bother looking through the pictures if they don't have to click each and every one. Maybe smaller thumbnails but with a link to the imgur gallery in case anyone just wants to look at the pictures.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 05:55:14 »
Well my problem isn't that there are too many pictures, it's that they are currently so large that they take up a huge amount of visual space compared to the text.

Dear Sir,

Keep the pictures as is.  I am stuck in the 3rd World compared to your country and I am still using ancient twin-twisted Copper lines for the internet and telephone.  I'm able to load all your Mouse Pics easily within a few seconds into my latest Firefox Browser.

If you make the pics small they then become irrelevant to most people.  I don't want to waste time loading another website into another browser window.  Keep it simple and easy to see.  I just love the current pics showing how the mice look after some time of usage.  Too many websites only show BRAND NEW mice thinking that people won't see how they really look after 1 or 2 years of use.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 06:20:52 »
Why not use the spoiler tag?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 06:38:14 »

Put all the pictures in "more" tags, how does that work?

I suppose I could alternatively leave the pictures and have the text in "more" tags, maybe that'd be cleaner.

Offline mauri

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 08:16:46 »

Put all the pictures in "more" tags, how does that work?

I suppose I could alternatively leave the pictures and have the text in "more" tags, maybe that'd be cleaner.

hehe
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2013, 08:18:33 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 04:31:50 »
DA 2013 added and the Xornet now has pics

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 06:14:13 »

Already you supplied the pics to your NEW Rodent.  I have to wait for my DA 2013 to arrive which will take about 5 days from the other side of Oz.

Nice to see it has slightly better quality than a G400.  I just hope it lasts for more than 2 years without it dying on me (due to others experience with this product).

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 06:15:53 »
Nice work vun. :)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 06:58:39 »

Already you supplied the pics to your NEW Rodent.  I have to wait for my DA 2013 to arrive which will take about 5 days from the other side of Oz.

Nice to see it has slightly better quality than a G400.  I just hope it lasts for more than 2 years without it dying on me (due to others experience with this product).

It's not really better than a G400, but the click feels a bit more solid due to the buttons being slightly larger and possibly thicker, so there's a bit more plastic there.
On the whole the G400 feels like it has maybe a bit better build quality, but the difference is so small it's not really worth mentioning. I don't think either mouse has any physical feature that makes it better, but the G400 is better simply due to the fact that you don't need to use Synapse for it.

Although the DA2013 does look much better imo, not that it matters for performance, but it's always a bonus if it looks good just sitting on the desk.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 07:17:49 »
I don't think either mouse has any physical feature that makes it better, but the G400 is better simply due to the fact that you don't need to use Synapse for it.

Do you need/have to use their dodgey "Synapse" software?  I would rather let the OS control the speed of the mouse.  Just don't like having extra software for the rodent loaded into the PC's memory.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 11:54:35 »
I don't think either mouse has any physical feature that makes it better, but the G400 is better simply due to the fact that you don't need to use Synapse for it.

Do you need/have to use their dodgey "Synapse" software?  I would rather let the OS control the speed of the mouse.  Just don't like having extra software for the rodent loaded into the PC's memory.

You can use it without synapse if you can live with the default dpi, I forget what the default is but I think it might've been 1800.

It seems that it stores dpi on the mouse, but not keybinds, so you can use Synapse once to set dpi and then uninstall it, but it won't store custom binds.

Offline Martyn.T.Howells

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 13:27:06 »
Thank you for posting. I enjoyed reading it  ;D
Steelseries 6gv2 MX Black   Filco Majestouch2 TKL MX Blue   Poker II MX Red   HHKB PRO 2

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 19:05:30 »
You can use it without synapse if you can live with the default dpi, I forget what the default is but I think it might've been 1800.

It seems that it stores dpi on the mouse, but not keybinds, so you can use Synapse once to set dpi and then uninstall it, but it won't store custom binds.

Thank you for the heads up on this mouse.  1800dpi is plenty for me, I'm not a gamer but want to use something a little more comfortable than the usual rodents, and that's it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 23:15:12 »
Anything else you have your eye on for review?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 05:38:50 »
Anything else you have your eye on for review?

ATM I don't plan on expanding my collection for a while, although I would eventually like to get some Zowie in there, and I've been curious about the TT Level10M. Also been wanting to try the Taipan, but at that price it might take a while before that happens.

I was planning on getting a rollermouse, but then I got an eDox so that most likely won't happen.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 06:22:55 »
For reference, I have a RAT 3 and I love it!

It's very light, responsive and accurate. I found the RAT 5, 7, 9 and MMO too heavy for my taste, I like them really light.

Fits my hand well, but that's because I discovered a dirty little secret of the mouse. You CAN adjust the palm rest, just need to undo a screw at the side. Only change I would make is to angle the button area up towards the index finger and down towards the ring finger. Just better ergonomics. Still, it fits my hand better than any other mouse I have tried so far (Logitech G9, various Microsoft mice, Logitech wireless, etc) with the possible exception of an old Genius Netscroll Optical I had years back.

In terms of mousepads, I really like the Steelseries hard plastic and aluminium ones. Can't stand neoprene and other soft ones any more. They just don't glide like the solid ones.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 02:04:19 »
Started work on a software section, although for those of you who want my biased TLDR opinion; LGS just wrecks Synapse. SS Engine is probably also worth mentioning, so I'll put that in later.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 02:54:37 »
Started work on a software section, although for those of you who want my biased TLDR opinion; LGS just wrecks Synapse.

Of course, spread the info everywhere because it's best that for the Rodent Freaks, who inhabit here on Geekhack, know exactly what's available and what it compares to other manufacturers.  Nothing better than hearing your own personal viewpoint on this vun  :thumb: .

Offline acer589

• Gotta get out of college
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 20:44:19 »
I've got a G5 and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Logitech treats me good too.
MX Blue Black Widow Ultimate    MX Black Quickfire Rapid TKL    MX Black Poker II

Offline Sniping

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 17:03:32 »
Steelseries annouced a new mouse called the Rival, it looks like it has the infamous IME 3.0/DA shape, mind taking a look at it? Looks like there's mouse accel though.
http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-rival

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 17:18:48 »
Steelseries annouced a new mouse called the Rival, it looks like it has the infamous IME 3.0/DA shape, mind taking a look at it? Looks like there's mouse accel though.
http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-rival
The sensor is optical so there should be no hw accel.

And yeah, I will take a look at it, although I doubt it'll be around release as my collection is large enough already so I'm trying to keep mouse purchases down, but this defo moved high up on my list of mice to get down the line.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 18:19:01 »
And yeah, I will take a look at it, although I doubt it'll be around release as my collection is large enough already so I'm trying to keep mouse purchases down, but this defo moved high up on my list of mice to get down the line.

No such thing as too much here on Geekhack vun.  It's always never enough and nothing else  8) .