Author Topic: Is Stamps.com worth it?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Is Stamps.com worth it?
« on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 22:19:17 »
Is stamps.com worth it for:

1. Running a GB
2. No GB, but around 20 packages a month

and can somebody with a subscription tell me how much of a discount they get on stuff, mainly first class for 5 oz and small flat rate boxes?

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
Re: Is Stamps.com worth it?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 22:32:16 »
I worked for a company that used them. Can't say if they got much of a discount but they printed them on the spot but I don't think they had a monthly fee. Just buy when needed. All I can say for sure it's legit if you are mailing things often because I was the one printing and sending most of the time when we needed to. Easy software as well, just make sure you put the stickers in the right way or they print on the other side :o user friendly printer fail. (Office Space)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 22:35:25 »
I ship all my **** through PayPal.  The Stamps.com price isn't worth it for my volume compared to the prices I get through PayPal.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 08:49:44 »
I use stamps. It is worthwhile if you are doing large buys as often as me. Otherwise I would say no. While you do get slightly better rates than going to post office and the ability to ship more than priority unlike usps site, the monthly fee could easily negate any savings unless you are sending in good volume. It is also easier to use than paypal system by a good deal, and I love that is keeps the customs form filled in for entire sessions so I only need to enter things 1 time and only change the addresses. That is a massive time saver.
If you are mostly going to use small flat rate I would just use the usps site.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 10:03:45 »
For me, for a group buy, the answer is a resounding YES!

Also, buy a Zebra wide (UPS) label printer.

Just my $.02.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 18:11:53 »
Might be for a large GB.
I don't think it's worth it for 20 packages a month. Just use paypal for that =P

Shiprush is good for Fedex :D buy you'll probably need more volume or ship heavier stuff for Fedex to be worth it.