Author Topic: A DELAY!!!!!  (Read 28607 times)

Offline ValerieV

A DELAY!!!!!
« on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 15:24:27 »
So i got an email today from Matias saying that due to the demand, my preorder that was scheduled to be delivered this month will be postponed until March! I thought i was one of the first to order as soon as it was announced that it was coming out...I guess not.  :mad:  :confused: In all seriousness i hope those that have the first shipment release what they think of the keyboard and post videos of it. What a letdown for me though.   :(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: A DELAY!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 15:27:36 »
What keyboard is that?

Offline polpo

• http://polpo.org/
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 15:47:46 »
I got the same email. I also preordered before Matias even announced it here on Geekhack. Hopefully I'm in the first group, and they just sent them out to everybody who preordered...

Halverson: The Mini Quiet Pro.
Matias Mini Quiet Pro / DSI SMK-88 (Cherry Black) / IBM Model M (10 Jul 86) / ThinkPad Travel Keyboard with Ultranav

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 16:00:25 »
Mine was the tactile mini. Someone on this board said they got theirs a few days ago. I have to admit i am a little annoyed when they assured those that preordered that we would get it this month. I am glad that there is a demand for the keyboard though because that means more keyboards like this will be made. Fortunately, Matias has great customer service so i am going to have to suck it up and wait. I have no other choice. 

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
A DELAY!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 16:12:59 »
I should have grabbed you guys some from the warehouse yesterday hah.
After seeing them in person, they are all awesome boards.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 17:21:08 »
LOL! I can't wait to get my hands on one. I love how the newer keyboards are going smaller to accommodate those that only use a laptop.

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 11:09:16 »
Did you all order through kagi?

I have not received any emails after the one I got from my initial kagi pre-order. So I am crossing my fingers I'll get my mini QP soon.

The pictures from the Toronto gathering give the impression the actual board looks a lot nicer than their marketing photos suggest.
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 11:59:09 »
Yes i ordered through KAGI. A woman named Barbara sent me the email. It was very professional and i appreciate them telling me. However, I don't know how much faster i could have ordered it to get it this month. I ordered it a day or two after it was announced!  :confused:  I hope it is worth the wait. Can you send me links showing the new keyboards that were shown in Toronto? Thanks.

Offline Burz

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 13:24:57 »
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:18:26 »
Thank you. All those keyboards look awesome! It looks like everyone had a good time.  :D

Offline tekky

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 10:47:06 »
I ordered it within 24 hours after it was announced officially for sale, and in my order I paid for extra option to have speedier shipment. So I hope Matias keyboard company will expedite my order than for compared to those who did not pay the extra for speedy shipment. It was about USD$ 5 or 10. I forgot.

I was informed by their customer service that due to the Chinese New Year, the factory workers in Taiwan returned for holidays and production would resume sometime end of February. Thus my order would probably be received only in March. Was pretty miffed about the long delay without being informed of it as I was told by Barbara that I would receive it by mid-February. I had to chase them in email to ask again when it was going to be shipped out. With all this being said, I hope the feedback given helps to improve communications etc.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 11:09:23 »
If they were as fast with the production of the keyboard as they are with taking my money i wouldn't have a problem. They should charge us only AFTER they have shipped an item. Basically, I paid for an item a month before i even get it. That's not right!  :mad:  I guess this is the kind of thing that you risk when you want to get something as soon as it is announced.

Offline Se7en

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 12:20:42 »
I paid for extra option to have speedier shipment. So I hope Matias keyboard company will expedite my order than for compared to those who did not pay the extra for speedy shipment
LOL! Nice try but obviously the shipment option will not get you ahead of the queue, only faster shipping.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 15:03:25 »

@Halverson
I should have grabbed you guys some from the warehouse yesterday hah.
After seeing them in person, they are all awesome boards.

:)
you kill me with kindness

More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline tekky

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 05:36:17 »
I paid for extra option to have speedier shipment. So I hope Matias keyboard company will expedite my order than for compared to those who did not pay the extra for speedy shipment
LOL! Nice try but obviously the shipment option will not get you ahead of the queue, only faster shipping.

Nice try? Matias staff read these forums, I expect them to take customer feedback seriously. I paid for a PRE-ORDERED item. It was purchased within 24 hours after they officially announced the sale, and I opted to for the cost of speedier shipment. I expect my product reach me before those who did not pay for the cost of speedier shipment. No?

Offline iri

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 08:47:02 »
oh... when i ordered my qp mini i didn't expect this to take so long.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 09:18:44 »
Nice try? Matias staff read these forums, I expect them to take customer feedback seriously. I paid for a PRE-ORDERED item. It was purchased within 24 hours after they officially announced the sale, and I opted to for the cost of speedier shipment. I expect my product reach me before those who did not pay for the cost of speedier shipment. No?

You should merely get it faster than those who ordered AFTER you.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Burz

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 13:43:35 »
Pyrolistical said his mini TP came in, but going by his comments I have to wonder if the delay is due to quality problems Matias discovered in the first batch.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 February 2013, 13:48:52 by Burz »

Offline iri

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 14:41:35 »
****. i should have ordered a fullsize one.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 16:25:06 »
Pyrolistical said his mini TP came in, but going by his comments I have to wonder if the delay is due to quality problems Matias discovered in the first batch.
I can accept that.
quality trumps speed.
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 17:53:53 »
I agree. If it is a quality problem i think i can accept that. However, i wonder what kind of quality problem it would be considering that some people already got theirs. I just want them to be honest if it was a quality problem like WASD keyboards were about their delay. Also, i resent how Matias takes our money so quickly and i feel that now i am being jerked around a bit. If i get this keyboard in March with no problems then all will be forgiven.  :D

Offline Burz

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 22:17:01 »
I agree. If it is a quality problem i think i can accept that. However, i wonder what kind of quality problem it would be considering that some people already got theirs. I just want them to be honest if it was a quality problem like WASD keyboards were about their delay. Also, i resent how Matias takes our money so quickly and i feel that now i am being jerked around a bit. If i get this keyboard in March with no problems then all will be forgiven.  :D

WASD had a quality problem with the v2??

It sounds like Pyrolistical's keyboard wasn't laying flat... one rubber leg doesn't make contact with the desk.

Matias may not have had much of an option about charging so soon; I'm guessing Kagi isn't flexible enough to deal with a prolonged delay on pre-orders. Some of us are evidently starting to feel "kagi" about the situation... :D

Offline Matias

• http://matias.ca
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 04:34:07 »
Very sorry for the delay.  We were pretty overwhelmed with the number over orders we got for them -- which is good and bad.

We're expecting to get another shipment before the end of March.  Due to the high demand, we'll be flying them in (at great expense) and will ship them out as soon as we get them.

Regarding the credit card charges, that unfortunately is a limitation of our online store provider.  They are not able to do deferred charges.  To compensate for this, we give everyone who pre-orders FREE shipping.

Again, sorry for the delay.  We're doing everything we can to get everyone their orders ASAP.

Offline iri

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 05:25:55 »
If i get this keyboard in March with no problems then all will be forgiven.  :D
pay in january, get product in march. just like group buys, lol

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tekky

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 01:11:58 »
Very sorry for the delay.  We were pretty overwhelmed with the number over orders we got for them -- which is good and bad.

I was informed by one of your customer service officers (not revealing the name) in early February, that the delay was due to China staff workers returning home for the Chinese New Year holidays. In China, the CNY festival and holidays last about 2 weeks total. So they would probably have only returned back to work in Taiwan, the last week of February. So the delay is due to factory workers returning home for a very long holiday!

Offline Burz

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 23:02:02 »

I was informed by one of your customer service officers (not revealing the name) in early February, that the delay was due to China staff workers returning home for the Chinese New Year holidays. In China, the CNY festival and holidays last about 2 weeks total. So they would probably have only returned back to work in Taiwan, the last week of February. So the delay is due to factory workers returning home for a very long holiday!

I hope that's true... it sounds great!

Offline tekky

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 02:22:24 »
I am pleased to announce here that my Mini Tactile Pro arrived within 2 days after it got shipped from their Taiwan factory. Am typing on it now. Customer service Barbara informed me on the day it got shipped. All in all I am very pleased that with my express order option, the product arrived in just 2 days.  :) Thanks Matias. This makes the delay just roll over now.

Keyboard feels and sounds great. Very nice tactile feedback. The keyboard finish is nice and clean. Quality control looks to be good. Caps Lock's green light is a nice pale. It arrived in a box with handle, good packaging.

So, just 2 days Matias! Thanks!!

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 19:56:27 »
Still haven't heard from Matias and they said i would be getting it before the end of March. It's now going in the third week of March. Not too happy...   :mad:

Offline polpo

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 11:20:13 »
ValerieV: hopefully they're on the way from Taiwan to Canada right now. tekky above got his straight from Taiwan, probably because he paid for expedited shipping.
Matias Mini Quiet Pro / DSI SMK-88 (Cherry Black) / IBM Model M (10 Jul 86) / ThinkPad Travel Keyboard with Ultranav

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 18:59:17 »
So now on Matias' website they are giving free shipping for those that order now for April delivery. Why did i waste my money in January for a first run keyboard that promised me free shipping and hasn't even come like they promised in February? Thanks for nothing Matias.  :mad:  Hey Matias, why don't you give me a discount for taking my money 2 months ago and not even giving me my item?  :confused:

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 16 March 2013, 04:15:08 »
Tekky received a Mini Tactile Pro, IIRC the OP was waiting for a Mini Quiet Pro. It'll be interesting to know if the Mini Tactile Pro is on the same delivery schedule.
More

Offline tekky

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 16 March 2013, 10:09:22 »
Still haven't heard from Matias and they said i would be getting it before the end of March. It's now going in the third week of March. Not too happy...   :mad:

I think yours should be arriving with this coming week. Customer service Ms. Barbara told me that it would take 5 to 7 working days from Taiwan to reach me. However I got it in 2 days instead because I opted for express shipping. Best would be to email Matias customer service to ask on status of your order. Let us know once you have it!

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 16 March 2013, 13:26:09 »
I will. Thanks. I do wish someone would do a video review of it. I am very curious how it sounds and feels.  ;D

Offline Burz

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 16 March 2013, 15:33:16 »
Would it not sound and feel the same as the full sized TactilePro?

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 16 March 2013, 18:51:33 »
Not the model from last year. Matias said it doesn't have the ringing sound after pressing a key and there were some comments that it is a little more quiet than the other tactile models.

Offline tekky

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 17 March 2013, 03:21:45 »
It feels easier to type on than the chiclet MBP keyboard. My typing seems to be faster now. It is loud with good tactility. I don't hear that ping'ing sound which I had heard via watching videos on YouTube. I have to say this is very loud. When typing at 1AM when all is silent, I actually wondered could my neighbours hear it.

The only mechanical keyboards I have ever used were those from the 90's. We still got an old Dell keyboard but it's PS/2 port. So this is my first self purchased mechanical keyboard. I nearly went with Filco or Daas but did research on these forums, from blogs, as well as watched countless YouTube videos. Decided to go with Matias which has the Mac keys and good reviews online. :) I think this tenkeyless tactile pro is a win!

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 17 March 2013, 07:55:41 »
Thank you so much! I can't wait to get my hands on one. I appreciate the review!  :D

Offline iri

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 07:46:56 »
lol i almost forgot i ordered the board

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 03:32:10 »
dear matias,
next time it would be nice if you found a way to notify your customers about that their orders were shipped.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline polpo

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 18:58:05 »
Got a notification from Matias yesterday:
The stock is now arriving and your particular order will be shipped before
the end of this week.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 21:03:42 »
dear matias,
next time it would be nice if you found a way to notify your customers about that their orders were shipped.

Pretty sure there wont BE a next time, at least not from me.  Such lackluster customer service and poor consideration for customers rarely deserves a repeat purchase. 

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 March 2013, 21:05:30 by deepthawt »
More

Offline fuzzyx3000

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 11:37:36 »
Lol, I ordered mine on 1/15 and now it's expected to ship in may, which means I might not even be in school to receive it =/

Offline seethemoon

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 14:30:45 »
I ordered in January, finally inquired in mid-February and was told they couldn't tell me when I'd receive it.  Guess was April.  I started the cancellation, decided to halt it, but there are so many cooks in that kitchen that it was processed anyway.  I put in another order because I simply couldn't find another keyboard like this one.

After another month, I decide to check-in again because -- surprise, surprise -- I've received no communication whatsoever about my new mid-February order.  I was finally told that my order would not ship until May.

The second order is all my fault.  I guess that's what I get for even thinking about trusting them again.  Their keyboards look great, but that's no way to run a company.  They need at least a half-year to get a keyboard in my hands?
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2013, 14:32:40 by seethemoon »

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 14:41:00 »
This is so strange. When the Quiet Pro first launched, everything went quite smoothly... I wonder what happened.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 15:58:06 »
I ordered from Tiger Imports and i spoke with them today as well. They are sending it out today and they have one more in stock of the Matias Mini Tactile. I canceled at Matias and i was told that Tiger couldn't have the keyboard because they haven't begun their second run yet. When i told Tigers that they said that they have them from the first batch that they got. He assured me it is the keyboard that i want and i will be getting it on Friday. Thank you Tigers (Mechanical keyboards. com).  :D

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 27 March 2013, 20:31:33 »
I emailed and asked when mine would be delivered and they said end of may, I replied that i thought their lack of customer followup was pretty inconsiderate and asked if they intended to deliver it at all.  matias.ca reply was, sorry for the production delays, your order has been cancelled and you will be getting a refundI never asked for a refund.   

I think they should be more concerned with their own customer service policy, which they assumedly do have control over and less with apologising for parts delays that they do not control.

So now I don't have a mini quiet pro to bring to the April meetup, and won't likely have one in the foreseeable future as they cancelled my order without asking.

WTH

matias, if you are actually reading forums.. keep your customers informed of their order status, treat them as friends instead of making them feel like shills that are not worth the time of day to talk to.  Customers that actually want to do business with you but instead get ignored and passed over.  Don't make promises like 'be the first to get' when you don't intend to follow up.  And when people review your products and say favourable things about them and your company, don't expect them to pretend that crappy service, sloppy production planning, shoddy customer service and unexpected early early collection will get any type of positive press.  Exactly the opposite.

I prefer to buy from a company because I expect professional service, considerate policy and accountability for the product.  That's why I generally don't seek group buys, but I can say that the forum group buys that I HAVE participated in have been a far better experience than the dismal conduct of the Matias keyboard company.

A dissapointed ex-customer.

More

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 20:32:47 »
What keyboard did you order? If it's the Matias tactile mini let me know.

Offline Matias

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 01:02:43 »
I emailed and asked when mine would be delivered and they said end of may, I replied that i thought their lack of customer followup was pretty inconsiderate and asked if they intended to deliver it at all.  matias.ca reply was, sorry for the production delays, your order has been cancelled and you will be getting a refundI never asked for a refund.   

I think they should be more concerned with their own customer service policy, which they assumedly do have control over and less with apologising for parts delays that they do not control.

So now I don't have a mini quiet pro to bring to the April meetup, and won't likely have one in the foreseeable future as they cancelled my order without asking.

WTH

matias, if you are actually reading forums.. keep your customers informed of their order status, treat them as friends instead of making them feel like shills that are not worth the time of day to talk to.  Customers that actually want to do business with you but instead get ignored and passed over.  Don't make promises like 'be the first to get' when you don't intend to follow up.  And when people review your products and say favourable things about them and your company, don't expect them to pretend that crappy service, sloppy production planning, shoddy customer service and unexpected early early collection will get any type of positive press.  Exactly the opposite.

I prefer to buy from a company because I expect professional service, considerate policy and accountability for the product.  That's why I generally don't seek group buys, but I can say that the forum group buys that I HAVE participated in have been a far better experience than the dismal conduct of the Matias keyboard company.

A dissapointed ex-customer.

I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience. 

We just finished updating everyone on shipping status, and obviously a mistake was made with your order.  If you still want to receive the keyboard, we can notify you when it's available, and ensure the you get the free shipping discount.  Otherwise, as Valerie mentioned, you may still be able to get one from MechanicalKeyboards.com.

Offline Matias

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 01:22:56 »
This is so strange. When the Quiet Pro first launched, everything went quite smoothly... I wonder what happened.

A bit of a perfect storm happened...

Our sales were about 10x what we were expecting, so our first production run wasn't anywhere close to the level of demand.  The Laptop Pro got featured in the Wall Street Journal, which spiked sales even further.  We're still catching up.

It also didn't help that we ran up against Chinese New Year, where all the factories shutdown for almost a month.

Things should be back to normal after this next production run.  Again, I'm very sorry for the delays you all had to endure.  Demand is hard to predict.  I hope we can do better next time.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 29 March 2013, 15:31:29 »
Hey Matias i got my tactile pro mini today from another supplier who had some from the first run. I LOVE IT! All is forgiven after typing on this beauty. I think the problem is that we are so used to the outstanding customer support that you have provided in the past that when we had to call to inquire where are keyboards were, it annoyed us. Then, to find out that it was going to be another 2 months when we payed in January, that was a difficult pill to swallow as well. PLEASE in the future do a better job notifying us when there is a delay. I want to also say that i have spoken personally to your office and you have some great, classy employees. They answered my questions and emails and they were very professional. Please thank Barbara and the rest of your staff for putting up with me. I am sure you can understand my frustration.
Regards,
Valerie   ;)