Author Topic: new CODE keyboard from WASDkeyboards  (Read 100953 times)

Offline jabar

Re: new CODE keyboard from WASDkeyboards
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 22:11:08 »
I'll give you Micro-USB though. I'm borrowing that very good idea by WASD's to rebuild my Phantom to use Micro-USB, and I will also put it into my custom ErgoDox.

Sigh.

No, no you won't. Because hey guess what? The Ducky DK9008G2 Pro? Is MicroUSB. Shine3 too. Oopsie. (Oh, and they both come in MX Clear. Or the actually rare MX Dark Grey on the 9008G2Pro PBT.)

As I said: the only material difference is the Colemak/Dvorak. Otherwise? Mmyup.

I still have not seen a shine 3 with clears.
GUESS AGAIN DUCKY, looks like ULTRA RARE SWITCHES are too much for your (less expensive more optioned) Shine 3!
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline dante

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 22:13:06 »
I'll give you Micro-USB though. I'm borrowing that very good idea by WASD's to rebuild my Phantom to use Micro-USB, and I will also put it into my custom ErgoDox.

Sigh.

No, no you won't. Because hey guess what? The Ducky DK9008G2 Pro? Is MicroUSB. Shine3 too. Oopsie. (Oh, and they both come in MX Clear. Or the actually rare MX Dark Grey on the 9008G2Pro PBT.)

As I said: the only material difference is the Colemak/Dvorak. Otherwise? Mmyup.

Do you have pics?  Everything I see online for the 9008G2Pro / Shine 2 / Shine 3 show Mini USB - NOT Micro USB.  You also mention they come in MX Clear.  Can you point me out to a site that shows it as in stock or at the very least is taking backorders?

You don't get a backlit keyboard if you are going to use anything but the layout that is on the keycaps...
but... but... Hevletica! on ULTRA RARE ABS keycaps!

yeah sure you can get a Topre Type Heaven for about the same price but COLEMAK DIP! That totally makes it worth it!

Sure you can - now the ABS spacebar will match the rest of the keyboard.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 22:21:16 »
Shine 3 uses mini USB, I think.  It also does not come with Clears.  Shine II with Clears was a limited run and has long been sold out.  The version with thick PBT caps and Clears was also a limited run and is also sold out.  And who here gets keyboards to use with stock caps?  I know some people do, but some of us like backlight and don't need it to see legends but rather for a visual glow effect.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 00:41:35 »
Can the dip switch enable NKRO on USB?

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 01:27:58 »
I haven't tried out a cherry MX clear keyboard yet... are they any good in terms of gaming? I play SC2 mostly. Considering I love the feel of mx browns, would these feel similar or is the tactile bump more noticable compared to browns?

Seems it's the same feeling, stronger bump, stronger activation force, less "grainy". So sounds perfect for a Topre lover like me. Ordered a Leopold FC660M Grey / MX Clear from Qtang (and other stuff... bought 3 KB this week, my bank should call anytime now...). I have many KB / Switch to compare now so we'll see. And I love the design of this Code so I may end up getting one too if I like MX Clears. I decided to assume my KB like my wife assume her shoes. ;)

As a Topre user I couldn't stand clears when I put them in my old Poker. Hope you have better luck!
Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 07:05:38 »
It's a Cherry MX keyboard, how much originality can you really expect.
Put extra buttons, you complain.
Put extra logos or graphics, you complain.
Put extra bumps, shapes, you complain.
There is only so much you can do to a rectangle, only a few switches to pick from and only so much left to cram onto a keyboard before it becomes silly.

Personally, I like it. Not so happy with the key cap symbols, but I think it looks great and should obviously function just fine. Seriously,what more do you expect from a keyboard without being "too much". As for the price, it's not unreasonable really.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline dante

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 07:27:45 »
It's a Cherry MX keyboard, how much originality can you really expect.
Put extra buttons, you complain.
Put extra logos or graphics, you complain.
Put extra bumps, shapes, you complain.
There is only so much you can do to a rectangle, only a few switches to pick from and only so much left to cram onto a keyboard before it becomes silly.

Personally, I like it. Not so happy with the key cap symbols, but I think it looks great and should obviously function just fine. Seriously,what more do you expect from a keyboard without being "too much". As for the price, it's not unreasonable really.

Don't let the haters get you down.  My prediction is you're going to see a lot of "Sold out! Next delivery mm/dd/yyyy" on WASD's site.

Oh wait...  :p

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 09:52:23 »
As a Topre user I couldn't stand clears when I put them in my old Poker. Hope you have better luck!

Funny, I had the exact opposite experience. Clears are the only MX switch I'll use these days.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 10:17:56 »
I got a WASDv2 and I like it...

- Available with MX-Clears (My favorite switch)
- Minimalistic & sleek look (Shape, no branding, small LED holes, font on the code)
- Love for detail (Micro USB, double front rubber-feet, rubber on the flip-out feet, etc...)

Only downside, the case has "shrinkage" marks on the sides (not that visible from usage angle and distance)

Offline god

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 16:42:26 »
Love.

Offline GeeGee

• ㅈ ㅈ
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 17:03:11 »
Ducky Shine 2 with Blues
Poker 2 with Reds
KMAC Korean Custom with Clears
ReΛlforce 87u 55g
456GT

Offline tbc

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 17:16:53 »
wow, when i saw that post i definitely expected some controversy, but this is much, much more than i believed possible.  i'm assuming everyone here hates apple?  because this is the EXACT same marketing they do; they appeal to the general public.  not to mention reviews, if you hate someone giving their opinion on how to enhance an existing product, then you must hate all reviews with a conclusion and recommendations section.

to the general public: qtan is a typo.  mx clears have never existed before (besides the v2).

i don't remember seeing any advertising bashing other keyboards in there.  so what's the problem?  for people that don't know better, they get an easy copout (people don't usually like shopping for non-gamer-bling keyboards), for you people that DO know better, you will pick what is exactly right for you.

what exactly is your definition of 'rare'?  how uncommon must a switch be to be called rare?  when you're talking about a renewable resource, rare (not commonly used) IS synonymous with uncommon.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline dante

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 17:38:15 »
Someone will chime in and say "MX Dark Gray" is a rare switch which is complete BS when almost everyone will find it unusable.

CM Storm, Ducky, and now Leopold all carry boards with MX Greens.  The former two you can pretty much buy any day of the week from multiple places.

The only other brand (other than WASD) that always has Clears in stock is Deck.  If you look on their beta site for the new boards it doesn't even look like MX Clear is going to make the cut next time.

edit: technically you could also get MX Clears in the Leopold FC660M; but you'll have to order it from China to get it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 September 2013, 17:42:41 by dante »

Offline AndyCapets

• I have a French ANSI keyboard, kiss me now.
    • YouTube!
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 16:43:55 »
Love the fact that it's so simple and just the white backplate withe these LEDs, god that looks amazing. Don't know how MX Clears are like though.
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 23:12:51 »
Love the fact that it's so simple and just the white backplate withe these LEDs, god that looks amazing. Don't know how MX Clears are like though.

Don't try to bottom out on them and they're sublime (although they're no Topre switch, that's for sure)

Offline AndyCapets

• I have a French ANSI keyboard, kiss me now.
    • YouTube!
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 05:11:57 »

Don't try to bottom out on them and they're sublime (although they're no Topre switch, that's for sure)
Why not ? It's kinda hard for me not to bottom out a key so I guess it's not a keyboard for me...
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline minimal

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 06:03:15 »
Probably not the most illustrious first post, but I'm still debating picking one of these up. Duckies run close enough to the same price and getting one with clear switches now is basically a no-go.

This an a cheap detached 10-key and I think I'll be a happy camper.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 09:26:29 »
Probably not the most illustrious first post, but I'm still debating picking one of these up. Duckies run close enough to the same price and getting one with clear switches now is basically a no-go.

This an a cheap detached 10-key and I think I'll be a happy camper.

Not a bad choice! And welcome to Geekhack!

Offline Ktzero3

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 18:32:41 »
What's the difference between the Code and the V2? The Code has all the features of a MX Clear V2 keyboard AND backlighting, yet it is $10 cheaper than the WASD V2? Why is this?

EDIT: Just noticed, is it because you can customize the keycaps?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 14:00:39 »
Reviews are up:
Anandtech
Ars Technica

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 16:19:03 »
Reviews are up:
Anandtech
Ars Technica

lol at comparing the 'quietness' to a chiclet keyboard. Ars Technica have just lost any credibility, as far as I'm concerned.
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline Belfong

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 15 September 2013, 23:49:24 »
I don't understand either. A $150 keyboard is clearly for those who are using mechanical, not a rubber done convert but a lot of reviews end up comparing to a rubber dome. Of course a mech is always better! But is it better than another mech keyboard? I go into a Code review expecting that level of comparison and insights.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 00:09:06 »
Well for a lot of people this is probably the first mechanical they've considered.  That's kind of the point of the board actually.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 00:28:02 »
My view is that if I'm a first time mech keyboard user, I'd go with mainstream. Something along the line of $80 board. Or the more popular switches like blues or browns. I won't go for 'ultra rare-have no reviews before' Clears. Code keyboard was pre ordered. It ran out of stock in less than a few weeks. The ones who bought it were definitely not mainstream new users.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 00:49:17 »
My view is that if I'm a first time mech keyboard user, I'd go with mainstream. Something along the line of $80 board. Or the more popular switches like blues or browns. I won't go for 'ultra rare-have no reviews before' Clears. Code keyboard was pre ordered. It ran out of stock in less than a few weeks. The ones who bought it were definitely not mainstream new users.

While ordinarily I would tend to agree with you, there will have undoubtedly been quite a few preorders from people who just knew of Jeff Atwood and his blog.

Offline whileycoyote

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 13:41:50 »
i kind of agree that the code doesnt really have anything super interesting that I wouldnt get elsewhere, and the aesthetics arent good enough to sway me to get one.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 08:49:10 »

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 08:59:33 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-104-Key-CODE-Mechanical-Keyboard-By-WASD-/231053351646?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item35cbda5ade

So these are RARE now?

How long before they are vintage :P

Next week.

But that's just for the rare ver. 1 variant with incorrect key profile in the modifier row...    :))

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 09:11:48 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-104-Key-CODE-Mechanical-Keyboard-By-WASD-/231053351646?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item35cbda5ade

So these are RARE now?

To be entirely fair, since the stock moving forward looks like they won't have Cherry MX Clear switches, yes it is rare now.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 09:13:13 »

So these are RARE now?

To be entirely fair, since the stock moving forward looks like they won't have Cherry MX Clear switches, yes it is rare now.

I still find that very hard to believe that they could not source clear switches.

It just struck me as funny that it hit Ebay so fast.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 09:17:17 »

So these are RARE now?

I still find that very hard to believe that they could not source clear switches.

It just struck me as funny that it hit Ebay so fast.

Well hopefully they will be able to source some more (I wouldn't mind trying Cherry MX Clears, and this is the board I would like to get as a secondary one).

I saw this a lot with an actually 'ultra limited' CD pressing of a band I'm into. was sold brand new by the record label for £28 (it came in a laser etched steel case, limited to 1000), and was seen on eBay from multiple sellers during the week after dispatch for bids upwards of £250.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 17:32:29 »
What amazes me is that eBay price - currently $212.50.  On WASD site they are listed for $149.99.

Someone's gonna be pissed when they find out ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 18:02:09 »
my my that tkl gets me all hot and bothered.
I hate everything.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 18:03:52 »
my my that tkl gets me all hot and bothered.

There is something about it, isn't there :)

And with the lack of TKL Ducky Shine 3 for now, it is one of the very few backlit TKL available.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 21:01:23 »
What amazes me is that eBay price - currently $212.50.  On WASD site they are listed for $149.99.

WASD is sold out.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 21:09:24 »

WASD is sold out.

In that case if someone is desperate enough to pay this kind of price for one ...

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 07:20:02 »
I mean, it id bid up to $296 right now, so you know that people do want them that badly. I know I was interested, because I wanted to try clears, but couldn't afford it while they were available.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 07:22:55 »
I mean, it id bid up to $296 right now, so you know that people do want them that badly. I know I was interested, because I wanted to try clears, but couldn't afford it while they were available.

No offense to anyone but that's just crazy. It isn't the only board with clears and certainly nothing special about it that I saw to warrant that price.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 07:35:43 »

No offense to anyone but that's just crazy. It isn't the only board with clears and certainly nothing special about it that I saw to warrant that price.

you probably don't wanna know how much some people will pay for vinyl records :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 07:37:06 »

you probably don't wanna know how much some people will pay for vinyl records :p

No I understand that haha.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 07:42:52 »

No I understand that haha.

I guess what I mean is it's all subjective to how badly you want something, and how much you're willing to part with to get it. Most expensive album I bought was Aphex Twin's Drukqs on 'virgin vinyl', which cost me £100. I'm sure if you listened to it you'd probably wonder why anyone would spend that much on a record...

I do want to try Clears myself, but I do agree with you that more than the retail price is a bit too rich for me personally.

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 11:49:26 »
To be honest, I really can't justify much more than the Code's retail on a keyboard. I see people around here talking about $400 keyboards, and I'm just like "But that's more than I spent on my the computer I am going to connect it to..."

Part of it for me, is that I'm a cheap bastard. For much of my life, I had very little left over after bills. For things I wanted, I bargain hunted, dumpster dived, and made what i could. I has just been this year that I've started making decent money, and even with that, I've had various medical bills and such to pay down (February, I had a car accident, and laid off. Out of work till April. July my wife was in the hospital for pulmonary embolisms. Plus my cat had a lung condition this summer, that has cost in total about two grand).

Offline dante

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 12:38:37 »
$510!! WTF?!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 12:46:36 »

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 13:04:43 »
$510!! WTF?!

:eek: ok that is insane

hmmm how many people wager that the same seller will be relisting that keyboard after the bidding is over, due to non-payment? :p

edit: just checked the bidding history... something very dodgy is going on

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2013, 13:06:46 by oscillik »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 13:17:30 »
Looks like someone is troll bidding haha

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 17:15:21 »
$510 :))

If that was a serious bid, then like I said someone's gonna be pissed when they find out what these really cost.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 18:10:39 »
Initially I believe this was only expected to be one production run, so the bidders may still be under that impression.

Also, yes, there could be some funny business going one, but some people see Ebay as gambling, they HATE to lose and will spend insane amounts to "win". I had a stepfather like that. Being that the bidder has only 1 feedback is worrisome, but there are others bidding, some with good feedback numbers. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen people do this.

Look at what people pay for Nikes, Iphones, and Playstations on release. We certainly have some keyboard addicts here, some of which have money to burn.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline yester64

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 15:09:38 »
I hate out of stock. A keyboard i want and i can not get it.  :'(
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches