Author Topic: Where to order custom keycaps from Germany?  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Beulenyoshi

Where to order custom keycaps from Germany?
« on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 08:22:10 »
Hello Geekhack-Community,
I've been reading through lots of your posts about custom keycaps and there are several caps I really would like to have. The problem is, that I live in Germany and there is only a tiny amount of custom keycaps available here. I already checked eBay and purchased a "Rainbow Mod" from one community member here, but I never received the package and got my money back after waiting for more than 6 weeks. :(

If anybody of you lives in Germany and has experience in buying custom keycaps I'm very interested in how you accomplished that and how much it cost. ;-)

Edit: Just to make sure I'm not getting warned because this question may have been asked somewhere: I searched for this question for about an hour an didn't find anything.  :-*
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 February 2013, 08:27:10 by Beulenyoshi »

Offline kboardvintage

Re: Where to order custom keycaps from Germany?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 08:38:02 »
I would suggest you to check clsssifieds forum. For sure you will find all you need there.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 08:46:55 »
Also check out the vendors that have forums here... techkeys.us, keypop.net, forum list
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Beulenyoshi

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 12:43:42 »
I checked out the links but the amount of keycaps they offer is very limited. I was searching for a huge variaty of keycaps. I've seen so many cool looking keycaps here... Or are most of the custom made for you by WASD?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 12:45:51 »
Many novelty caps are through group buys only, Signature Plastics manufactures these to order.  WASD doesn't seem to be that popular for novelty caps.  There are users here that make custom caps by hand as well, either painted or molded.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens