Author Topic: I'm Coming Off the Fence. The iPad Will Be Huge  (Read 36119 times)

Offline hyperlinked

I'm Coming Off the Fence. The iPad Will Be Huge
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 12 April 2010, 12:10:41 »
Quote from: wellington1869;171603
Also MS's upcoming courier looks neater and neater:

article: http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/microsofts-courier-digital-journal-exclusive-pictures-and-de/

Yep. The Courier sure looks slick! Looks like Microsoft may have finally gotten all their internal politics sorted out and people stopped sabotaging other people's projects.

The only thing against the Courier that I started to realize as I pondered the entire iPad world is that the split screen could be a detriment. If the Courier is as solid as it looks in that demo, I'd be willing to bet that it'll end up being a one piece solid tablet within three product cycles. I think what's making the iPad so compelling is that it's basically formless. Whatever app is made for it can more or less become the device.

The form factor of the Courier locks it to a certain category of usage. While it's added portability will certainly be a plus to a lot of people, it also puts some constraints into what it'd be ideal for. The name and the form factor suggest it's primary function is to be the ultimate digital organizer, but I don't think the world of users who really want a better digital organizer is really that large and even more complicated is that it's hard to get people to adopt new ways of organizing themselves. If it's primary strength is something that requires some time for the adoption curve to swing in its favor, it'll be in for a rocky start.

Let the competition roll. It'll be interesting to see what everyone comes up with in response. It'll be interesting to see where the tablet industry is in three years when companies that either do not have the marketing reach, the halo, or the money of Apple may find it possible to enter the market after Apple and other big companies have proven (or failed to prove) that there is a new market to play for.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 12 April 2010, 16:08:16 »
yea it'll be interesting to see if the different form factor of the courier finds a sustainable audience/market.  

Other than the form factor, the other interesting thing is the focus on pen-based input rather than on-screen keyboard. Its focus seems to be as a kind of pocketable "universal clipper" (into the "infinite journal"). You get data into it (photos, voice, web, writing) and organize those clippings into folders. This makes it focus on being a creation/clipping tool, rather than a consuming/viewing tool which the ipad mainly is (as my ipad-owning-friend put it).

Of course those lines will blur as both add more features over time.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2010, 16:12:52 by wellington1869 »

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 15 April 2010, 16:27:15 »
Well, I finally got my hands on an iPad. There were no big surprises or revelations. It was neither a relgious moment nor a disappointment. It mostly confirmed for me what I thought about it already. As a device, it's a device. It's all about the apps and the form factor does indeed affect how you experience some of the apps.  

I found the size of the on screen keyboard a non issue. Some hay was made over that you couldn't quite fit your fingers over it in landscape mode. The typing experience is only a problem if you're trying to use it like a laptop, which I wouldn't expect to try. I was probably doing around 40wpm typing with a one handed method or 50wpm doing a two hand hunt and peck.

I think this will indeed harm the netbook market as many have thought. My netbook is my fun PC, but it's not in a very practical form factor for impulsive use. If I carry it around, I have to find some spot to sit down so I can check my email or compose a quick note on it. If I try to use it for serious work, I spend all day either waiting for it to catch up or all my time goes into scrolling through the tiny screen. Now that I've tried it, I'd much rather have one of these than a netbook.

There was one app on there that was particularly intriguing. It was "MLB At Bat" an app that's clearly meant while you're doing something else. Baseball junkies can use it to get stats and info on players while they're watching a game. Yes, you could easily do that on a laptop, but for psychological reasons, it just felt far less cumbersome to be doing this with a tablet than on a laptop. Even a small netbook feels like it's in the way.

The MLB At Bat app is the kind of cross-over app that makes me think the iPad/table hype is worth keeping an eye on. They're apps that aren't really just for people who want to consume content, but who want to consume content in a way that affects their experience of other things in real time. It's low tech augmented reality. Not as sexy as those apps that let you use a mobile phone to view your landscape with all sorts of special embedded messages overlaying a picture of what's in front of you, but with greater practical application.

Edit: I didn't buy one yet. I just waited out the long line at my favorite deli by dropping by the Apple store today. I still don't feel a strong personal desire to have one, but plan to follow through later this year on getting one as first hand research for work.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 April 2010, 16:29:42 by hyperlinked »
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline zerocool

• http://www.tecnocondor.com
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 19 April 2010, 10:01:59 »
if it lowers prices of netbooks then i wont cry over it, i need a new one and dont fancy the iPad, i am waiting for an iPhone (belated graduation present and waiting to see what happens with a possible new one).
Technology News and Reviews At tecnocondor.com

Offline maclover

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 14:24:10 »
You can hook up a regular usb keyboard to the iPad if you get an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. So when can we expect a picture of the iPad being used with a real keyboard?
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2010, 14:31:27 by maclover »

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 17:56:48 »
Quote from: maclover;175875
You can hook up a regular usb keyboard to the iPad if you get an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. So when can we expect a picture of the iPad being used with a real keyboard?

Yeah, hook up a model F AT to that sucker: you'll need a AT to PS/2 and PS/2 to USB adapter though.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 17:51:06 »
Quote from: wellington1869;171603
The G-Pad?

Complete with G Spot NSFW!!!!

The only 'tame' pic.

I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 18:00:06 »
OMG, that is epic.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 22:35:11 »
I'm shocked. In fact...

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 22:44:34 »
I really, really liked my 2 week iPad test cruise. Convenience, comfort, a nice "inbetween" iPhone and Mac Book Pro...but what I really should have used it for is THAT!
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 27 April 2010, 03:40:20 »
I just got to test an Ipad at a local Pestbuy and and well...

1) It was a tad smaller than I thought it would be and that's a good thing for portability.

2) Felt nice and sturdy and constructed well.

3)Was a bit heavier than I thought it would be. I expect one would get used to the weight but for some reason I kept thinking my had would get sore while my other hand was trying to type.

4)That glossy screen is just that, WAAAAAAY glossy. In the store I kept getting really distracting sharp reflections. Finger smudges and general oils from the hands make it look greasy than the pizza I just had...ewww, but YUM! =P
Outside of the glare the screen has a good vewing angle

5)I tried all three that were on display and they all downloaded web material pretty slowly. I thought it important to mention I have a really slow connection at home that I am comparing this with.

6)Geekhack looks nice on it, and I left each one at the store on Geekhack when I left.

7)It was pretty responsive only the slightest of delays with finger motions. It opened and closed things slightly slower than I expected. I don't know if there is an option to change its sensitivity but it seemed a bit too sensitive and would make mistakes a bit.

8)I went to youtube on it and it played the videos, which I found odd since I thought It couldn't use Flash. Was I wrong? The interface was a bit off for youtube but I don't know if anyone would care.

9)Still really wish it used a competent stylus.

10) Using the keybaord was a joke, although I really liked the ".com" button. Haahaa I thougth that was fantastic. I was not able to use both hands even when I set it down and I certianly couldn't touch type on it. But the thing I found the most odd about it was since I had to hunt and peck with one finger I never looked at what I was typing until I was done. and I really disliked that disconnect.

Over all I can see how some may really like it, I found It fun to use. I can even see how it could prove to be usefull for a bunch of different things. I could possibly use it for very light emailing (mostly just checking the emails) and quick web surfing. Perhaps even the occasional quick portfolio viewer. But I don't see one on my shopping list.

crap! I just noticed how long that was, sorry :S
I guess I quick summary from me is... meh, a good stepping stone to something better to come.
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 27 April 2010, 03:51:05 »
Youtube supports HTML5, which is the thing that Apple is pushing to replace Flash.

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 27 April 2010, 04:01:20 »
Quote from: ch_123;176506
Youtube supports HTML5, which is the thing that Apple is pushing to replace Flash.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up. From the way I hear HTML5 talked about I thought it was yet to become available. So me and my program neewbness is going to hide behind my chair now XD
haahaa

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 27 April 2010, 04:10:14 »
Quote from: clickclack;176509
Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up. From the way I hear HTML5 talked about I thought it was yet to become available. So me and my program neewbness is going to hide behind my chair now XD
haahaa

Well, you're sort of right. It's not finalized yet, but a lot of people are getting really impatient. Even if it were to be finalized tomorrow, you might still get the feeling that it hadn't arrived yet as HTML4 is so entrenched that a lot of designers won't update for a while.

Besides... IE won't ever disappoint in its ability to be a drag on progress.
-

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 27 April 2010, 04:13:17 »
Quote from: clickclack;176509
haahaa

The last I checked youtube had it as an experimental feature. I was surprised by your post because I didn't know that youtube would handle the iPad transparently (or is it the other way around? hehe)

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 27 April 2010, 04:24:22 »
Quote from: ch_123;176514
The last I checked youtube had it as an experimental feature. I was surprised by your post because I didn't know that youtube would handle the iPad transparently (or is it the other way around? hehe)

Interesting, I checked a bunch of different random videos and all worked as they always had.

The only reall different things to note revolved around the layout of youtube and that that vids would start playing in their thumbnail sizes while still in list format, so you had to enlarge them (unless your living room can fit into a thimble).

Oh, that reminds me I forgot to list another one of my observations-

11) since the speaker is inside when audio is played your hand feels the vibrations of the speakers. I must say I was not terribly fond of that, especially since the speaker is relatively weak when it's turned up the vibrations kinda got on my nerves. Headphones would counter that annoyance though if you felt inclined to use them.

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 02 May 2010, 14:47:01 »
Quote from: didjamatic;169194
For now, it's just a device that is cool but we don't need because doesn't replace or outperform existing devices.  The iphone had/has the ability to replace your iPod, PDA, cell phone, home phone and take on many functions of your computer while being in your pocket.  The Ipad doesn't do this and won't fit in your pocket.  It has no proper input device, onscreen input is "lived with" on a phone but is not ideal and certainly no replacement for a keyboard and mouse.  But you say "you can use a keyboard with an ipad" but the moment you do that, it loses it's cool "pad-ness" and becomes a very wimpy competitor to a tablet or netbook... and with apple's refusal to let you add storage via memory card slot or install apps that YOU want, it's very big brother, very hyped and though cool is not what iSteve says it is.

It may open the door so iPad v.3 or v.5 or v.25 could do more of what they say it will, time will tell.

The iPhone doesn't really replace anything but an iPod. It's painful to use any touch device for anything you really need- to be prodctive you need a physical keyboard. It can't replace a PDA because it can't multitask (and OS 4.0 doesn't bring real multitasking). It can't replace a cellphone because it's a bad cellphone, it drops calls and has short battery life. It doesn't have a user-replaceable battery. It's too big for a phone (and has low resolution for its screen size) and too small to browse as well as a small tablet. It's locked to the App Store. It doesn't support Flash, so you're locked out of many e-commerce and other sites. It doesn't have memory card support, so you're tied to a PC.

It and the iPad are just fashion accessories for the technology-impaired. At the end of the day they're both just overpriced toys.
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 02 May 2010, 15:07:19 »
Quote from: ironcoder;178197
The iPhone doesn't really replace anything but an iPod. It's painful to use any touch device for anything you really need- to be prodctive you need a physical keyboard. It can't replace a PDA because it can't multitask (and OS 4.0 doesn't bring real multitasking). It can't replace a cellphone because it's a bad cellphone, it drops calls and has short battery life. It doesn't have a user-replaceable battery. It's too big for a phone (and has low resolution for its screen size) and too small to browse as well as a small tablet. It's locked to the App Store. It doesn't support Flash, so you're locked out of many e-commerce and other sites. It doesn't have memory card support, so you're tied to a PC.

It and the iPad are just fashion accessories for the technology-impaired. At the end of the day they're both just overpriced toys.

I wouldn't use an iPhone or anything of the sort for real work, but a lot of people say they're good and like them (Apple did do something right to control so much of the market in that area). Although I guess the Commodore 64 will always remain as the best selling computer of all time.
Apple computers I must decline, they are impossible to work with and give me headaches. Poor quality too.

I agree; a keyboard can't really be replaced in terms of speed an functionality; nor can a mouse.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 02 May 2010, 21:26:11 »
"iPad uses Typing on an iPad" ??? Is that some kind of recursive procedure, or doesn't that keyboard have punctuation?

I preferred this video. Here's a Yank who gets irony. :smile:

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 02 May 2010, 21:29:40 »
RESPONSIVE?!?

I don't think that's even possible...
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 02 May 2010, 21:35:57 »
If you could type 200 words per minute on the iPad, you'd still have to stop after 600 words or so, when your neck started hurting from looking down all the time.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 03 May 2010, 02:09:00 »
And the techies are right about another thing: the iPad is not a laptop. It’s not nearly as good for creating stuff. On the other hand, it’s infinitely more convenient for consuming it — books, music, video, photos, Web, e-mail and so on.

So it's good for limited tasks and looking pretty. That's reasonable. [strike]Women[/strike] Apple, know your limits!

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 03 May 2010, 06:55:22 »
Quote from: ripster;178339
David Pogue.  NY Times review.  When the PC first came out you guys would still be holding onto your punch cards.

I still am, buddy. And that's "punched cards" as long as we're doing the "couldn't care less v. could care less" thing LOL
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline JBert

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 03 May 2010, 14:33:46 »
Quote from: Rajagra;178334
I preferred this video. Here's a Yank who gets irony. :smile:
Well, there's irony and there's too much of it.

Watching the second part is worth it.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 06:19:12 »
My 64GB unit just shipped.   Should be here in a few days.   It's a HUGE success for many reasons imho.   Art, education, music, controlling other home/work PCs etc..   I soon hope to adapt the Ipad into an office greeting device for inputing personal information and having it transfer directly into my computer system.   And I'll be able to use my IPad to VNC into my other computers along the network.   Watch any of my 12 TBs worth of HD-DVD and Blu-ray movies from anywhere inside/outside of my house.  

So many Apps too.  That's the future...

Imagine a wall of IPads?  Or how about an IPad table top??  

I personally think this device is everything that a netbook, tablet, mobile handheld should have been.  

Add a phone  (built in capability already) and it's the ultimate Geektoy.

Yeah, it's expensive, but the price will drop.   And it can't be too expensive if it's selling out still.   I ordered mine and waited 2 weeks for it.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 13:48:46 »
Quote from: webwit;182035
It's a computing device. It can do stuff other devices can, but not as good and it's locked down. Get over it.

Do you have one?   My buddy from the Netherlands bought one in Vegas to bring home.  He loves it!!   It's great for wasting time  :)

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 13:50:21 »
Quote from: skcheng;182044
It's great for wasting time  :)

That's what work is for.

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 14:00:14 »
Idea: attempt to obtain iPad from Apple claiming it is an engineering sample for compatibility testing.
kishy.ca

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 14:15:22 »
This will be skc when he's unable to play cargo bridge on his ipad.  :)

IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 15:11:12 »
Quote from: ripster;182059
Have the proper attitude when you enter the store.

>
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">[/youtube]

The store clerks will all start shouting.  ACKKKK! It's a UNIX BEARD!!!

That's pretty bad  ......

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 15:12:21 »
Quote from: didjamatic;182063
This will be skc when he's unable to play cargo bridge on his ipad.  :)

Show Image

I like playing pinball on the IPad.   Try that on your laptop you non-Apple-fanboy losers!!

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 15:24:34 »
Quote from: skcheng;182079
I like playing pinball on the IPad.   Try that on your laptop you non-Apple-fanboy losers!!

You mean the one that comes standard with Windows?  Yeah, I play that on my laptop.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 16:22:42 »
I want to see a Model M go through the blender. I suspect the steel plate is more than they can deal with.

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 13 May 2010, 16:25:58 »
Quote from: skcheng;182079

LMAO!!!

Quote from: ricercar;182121
I want to see a Model M go through the blender. I suspect the steel plate is more than they can deal with.

Agreed.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 15 May 2010, 22:00:57 »
Where's xsphat with his fancy new iPad?  :)

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 16 May 2010, 01:03:35 »
Quote from: itlnstln;182090
You mean the one that comes standard with Windows?  Yeah, I play that on my laptop.

Actually, I have all three of those pinball tables (as how the whole game was released), they were created by cinematronics or what have you. My favourite is the dragon one, it has three pinball arms.

As for REAL pinball machines, probably the williams "funhouse" pinball would be the coolest:

>
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">[/youtube]

Also, the "black knight" pinball table would be cool to play:

I remember seeing one of these beside an adam's family themed table, darn! If only I knew how good it was.

And my friend is getting an iPad. I'll be able to see how good it is. Maybe take some pictures of it with a bunch of IBM stuff just to annoy people. "ewww IBM is so ugly" <-- yeah whatever, IBM stuff looks way better than Apple.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 16 May 2010, 09:26:44 »
Quote from: ripster;182917
I still don't get why all the SW developers here aren't jumping on the bandwagon.

Money talks.

Hauppauge shares up 60% after announcing iPad app to stream TV signals directly to iPad.

I think there are PLENTY of people developing Apps for Apple.   I've lost track of how much I've paid so that my son can have everything he wants on his ITouch.  

Here he is on our recent trip to Vegas.   I wonder if he was stealing some glances over to his right  :))

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 16 May 2010, 09:34:07 »
You need to take that iPod Touch away from him so he can focus on the world around him.  He is missing out on some nature to his right.

Unless that's his sister or something.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 16 May 2010, 10:14:22 »
Quote from: kishy;182056
Idea: attempt to obtain iPad from Apple claiming it is an engineering sample for compatibility testing.

Just get an Apple employee drunk and wait till he drops his. Same effect.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 16 May 2010, 10:21:27 »
Quote from: ripster;182933
Gotta see Hangover!  Don't let your son see it though.  I let my 15 year old get through it but stopped it before the ending credits.
Show Image

I saw the Hangover.  Twice actually.   And I let my son watch everything other than the credits.  He does a great impersonation of Mr. Chow.  

This was classic:

>
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">[/youtube]

It was another waste of the talents of Heather Graham.  But I'm not complaining.....

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 16 May 2010, 22:55:15 »
Quote from: skcheng;182925
I wonder if he was stealing some glances over to his right  :))

He was. The angle of incidence is the angle of reflection.

:faint:

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 17 May 2010, 00:18:24 »
Quote from: skcheng;182925
I think there are PLENTY of people developing Apps for Apple.   I've lost track of how much I've paid so that my son can have everything he wants on his ITouch.  

Apple apps... blah! who needs those when you have a stash of IBM keyboards.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 17 May 2010, 12:35:19 »
iTouch is a logitech keyboard trademark. iPod Touch is an Apple trademark for the device in that boy's hand.

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 17 May 2010, 12:41:13 »
Quick, everyone register trademarks for every word in the English language with an i added to the beginning.
kishy.ca

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 17 May 2010, 13:20:30 »
ItlnStln.  Done.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 19 May 2010, 23:00:11 »
Quote from: webwit;183057
Now you're talking. Also, if he had some IBM keyboards with him instead of the iTouch, he would have made a real impression.

Ahhh, so that's how you impress the girls webwit, you show off your M15s. Got it!

Webwit's dating tip #285: always carry M15s to impress someone.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 20 May 2010, 04:02:57 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;184509
dating tip #285: always carry M15s to impress someone.

I'd be impressed.

« Last Edit: Thu, 20 May 2010, 04:07:09 by ricercar »

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 26 May 2010, 15:09:42 »
Apple the behemoth

Off that fence, mortal!

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 26 May 2010, 16:07:14 »