Author Topic: CST L-Trac laser trackball  (Read 143013 times)

Offline tad

CST L-Trac laser trackball
« on: Tue, 31 March 2009, 05:57:34 »
Anyone used one of these?

http://www.clearlysuperiortech.com/highperformance.html

The specs indicate it's sturdy, but I'm interested in how well the laser sensor tracks compared to a Logitech or Kensington optical sensor. I can't stand laser mice (the tracking feels "mushy"), but I am looking for a smooth+precise trackball for gaming.

Offline bigpook

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 April 2009, 20:26:04 »
I was just in a thread with ozar and were talking about this mouse, well the one that is opto-mechanical anyways. This laser one is more interesting now.
All of my current mice are optical, I think the G5 is laser. I don't notice a difference though.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline ozar

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 April 2009, 20:31:31 »
I'm really anxious to hear if these are good mice.

It looks great, and I like the scroll wheel being behind the ball rather than encircling it, like with the Kensington Expert.  Or at least I think I do, having never tried one.  :)

Offline bigpook

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 April 2009, 20:34:37 »
The kensington expert is a fine mouse, the scroll ring is genius. The only downside is it is plastic on plastic. I don't know why kensington didn't design a better mechanism for that.
Having said that, it works great for me.

Offline bigpook

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 April 2009, 20:48:20 »
Quote from: tad;26246
Anyone used one of these?

Show Image

The specs indicate it's sturdy, but I'm interested in how well the laser sensor tracks compared to a Logitech or Kensington optical sensor. I can't stand laser mice (the tracking feels "mushy"), but I am looking for a smooth+precise trackball for gaming.

Maybe its me, but this looks like a mouse that Darth Vader would use.

Offline D-EJ915

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 April 2009, 21:38:49 »
what do the 1/8" jacks do?

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 April 2009, 22:33:02 »
That is one of the ones I want to try out as well. Along with a few others. But first I have to recover from a keyboard spending binge. So it will be a while before I can start getting them.

Found the specs on this one and the more I read the more I like it. Much higher resolution than the other big ball track balls. Also those 1/8" jacks are for more buttons that can be attached. But I can't find a picture of these other buttons the spec sheet talks about. Also the only ones I've been able to find for sale is the one with out the extra jacks.

Oh here is the link to the specs if you want to take a look.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline yamaha200

I own one!
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 11:12:49 »
Well I'm glad I stumbled on to this thread. I have been using a CST2545W, which is like the one pictured here but with no external jacks. I use it for everything, internet, photoshop, gaming, etc. I've used every type of mouse from the MX Revolution to the G5. This trackball is very smooth compared to other trackballs. When playing games like Far Cry 2 and Battlefield Heros (I'm beta testing), this trackball makes aiming at moving targets easier. It has selectable Resolution between 400, 800, and 1600 just by holding the middle button and clicking the right button. I have my computer hooked up to my 37in HDTV @ 1080 Resolution and it only takes about 35 degree of movement to have the pointer move from one side of the screen to the other. If you are looking for the best trackball get this one. It is worth the money.

http://www.clearlysuperiortech.com/index.html

Yamaha200

Offline yamaha200

Cst2545saw
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 11:15:07 »
Quote from: D-EJ915;84361
what do the 1/8" jacks do?

The jacks you see their are for the people that what to add two extra buttons on the trackball for a total of five, I believe.

Yamaha200

Offline ozar

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 11:16:42 »
Quote from: yamaha200;85404
Well I'm glad I stumbled on to this thread.

I'm glad you did, too... welcome to the forums and thanks for the information regarding the trackball!  :cool:

Offline bigpook

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 11:26:38 »
Quote from: yamaha200;85404
Well I'm glad I stumbled on to this thread. I have been using a CST2545W, which is like the one pictured here but with no external jacks. I use it for everything, internet, photoshop, gaming, etc. I've used every type of mouse from the MX Revolution to the G5. This trackball is very smooth compared to other trackballs. When playing games like Far Cry 2 and Battlefield Heros (I'm beta testing), this trackball makes aiming at moving targets easier. It has selectable Resolution between 400, 800, and 1600 just by holding the middle button and clicking the right button. I have my computer hooked up to my 37in HDTV @ 1080 Resolution and it only takes about 35 degree of movement to have the pointer move from one side of the screen to the other. If you are looking for the best trackball get this one. It is worth the money.

http://www.clearlysuperiortech.com/index.html

Yamaha200

Hey thats great. I ordered the same one but with laser and should have it by Friday. Have you used the Kensington Expert? If so, how does it  compare?

And yes, welcome to geekhack!

Offline yamaha200

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 13:25:28 »
Quote from: bigpook;85409
Hey thats great. I ordered the same one but with laser and should have it by Friday. Have you used the Kensington Expert? If so, how does it  compare?

And yes, welcome to geekhack!

In my opinion, the CST trackball is better. To me, it rolls and tracks with less effort and more precise then any other.

Yamaha200

Offline bigpook

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 13:37:36 »
Quote from: yamaha200;85441
In my opinion, the CST trackball is better. To me, it rolls and tracks with less effort and more precise then any other.

Yamaha200

Thats pretty high praise : )

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 13:40:16 »
Howdy Welcome to Geekhack. I'm actually glad to hear from someone that has it. Now I just need to save a little so I can get one. I'm currently using the Trackman wheel and wanting to try out other trackballs and was planning on using this as the starting point for looking at other trackballs.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE

Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline bigpook

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 14:13:49 »
Quote from: ripster;85456
Oh man.  I'm tempted to get one and I don't even LIKE trackballs.  Actually I was going to get (for my wife) a USB CH DT225 but they sell OEM only (I tried) and over $200 at TrackballWorld isn't appealing.

The CH DT225 I have is built like a tank but this one sounds smoother.  I get approx 2 revolutions off of a flick of the finger.  A bit more than the Kensington expert.

Yamaha.  Do you know how the innards work?  I wonder if it's on rollers like a CH and if the laser is picking off it's signal off the actual ball or a wheel attached to the roller?  Does the scroll thing grind like the Kensington or is it smooth?

If you're comfortable popping one open and can take pics that would be appreciated (you can upload with "manage attachments" button).

- Ripster

wow. wo would have thunk it? : 0

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 14:18:31 »
GeekHack will make you do things would have never done otherwise. Hell, I don't even use ergo 'boards anymore. I don't date girls or have a life, either, but those might be unrelated.*

*And 100% false ;)

Offline yamaha200

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 14:26:38 »
Quote from: ripster;85456
Oh man.  I'm tempted to get one and I don't even LIKE trackballs.  Actually I was going to get (for my wife) a USB CH DT225 but they sell OEM only (I tried) and over $200 at TrackballWorld isn't appealing.

The CH DT225 I have is built like a tank but this one sounds smoother.  I get approx 2 revolutions off of a flick of the finger.  A bit more than the Kensington expert.

Yamaha.  Do you know how the innards work?  I wonder if it's on rollers like a CH and if the laser is picking off it's signal off the actual ball or a wheel attached to the roller?  Does the scroll thing grind like the Kensington or is it smooth?

If you're comfortable popping one open and can take pics that would be appreciated (you can upload with "manage attachments" button).

- Ripster

Well I don't have a camera right now to take a picture but the inside has 3 stainless steel rollers which holds the ball at the right distance and angle to the laser. The laser reads the movement off the actual ball movement. The scrolling wheel is Mechanical Optical and rollers smooth with no clicks or grinding.

I saw on either is thread or the other one about people saying the rollers will get "gunky" but CST says that the rollers on this one doesn't pick up stuff like other trackballs. They say just to spin the ball rapidly for a little bit to get the stuff off. This trackball would hardly get dirty because of how little the ball makes contact with the rollers and how much room is below the ball.

Yamaha200

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 14:28:51 »
Damn, I am not a big trackball fan, but I might even have to try one of these for myself.

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 14:29:38 »
haha.  itlnstln, I was just about to post the same thing...
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 15:01:30 »
All bow to our new Trackball over lords....
Keyboards

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 16:24:18 »
Did anyone order the opto-mechanical, or is everyone going for the purely optical?

Offline bigpook

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 16:50:07 »
Quote from: FKSSR;85545
Did anyone order the opto-mechanical, or is everyone going for the purely optical?

I went with the optical one.

Offline yamaha200

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 17:28:52 »
Quote from: FKSSR;85545

The opto-mech are good but spend a little more and get the laser.

Preference > price

Yamaha200

Offline bigpook

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 17:36:59 »
Quote from: yamaha200;85554
The opto-mech are good but spend a little more and get the laser.

Preference > price

Yamaha200

So you think the laser is better then the opto-mech?
I don't really know either way myself.

Offline bigpook

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 18:00:39 »
For whatever reason the opt-mechanical looks interesting to me and from what you guys are saying here, will last forever(?) If it is like the picture above then at least to me, it looks like a pretty decent design.

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 18:09:20 »
Yeah, but I would think that an all laser design would be more accurate, if done right.  I could be wrong, though, as we all know our preferences for mechanical input devices.

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 14 April 2009, 21:36:09 »
The problem with the opt-mechanical devices is the resolution of the opt-mechanical wheel. I read a spec sheet or web site that had the specs but I can't find it right now. All of the opt-mechanical trackballs had a resolution of 300-600 ticks per revolution of the ball. But the laser based devices had resolutions measured in DPI of ball travel.

I have had both types and I like the laser based ones much better. You don't have to spin the ball as much and when you need it you can get extremely fine control.
Keyboards

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 15 April 2009, 07:35:27 »
Quote from: ripster;85629
FKSSR, it looks like a laser escaped your trackball and punctured something.

What's with the blood on the keyboard?  Sick, dude...

It's the perfect combination of Metal and keyboards. >:)

I think the all laser is the route to go here with that DPI info.  Thanks for that, rdjack21!

Offline tad

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 15 April 2009, 23:30:44 »
Here are some nice pics showing the guts of the opto-mechanical version:

http://www.clearlysuperiortech.com/ltraccleaning.html

Offline tad

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 16 April 2009, 03:11:51 »
Heh, watch out for that "novelty 8-ball". Would make an "interesting" trackball experience, for sure.

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 24 April 2009, 22:47:34 »
Has anyone tried to find the optional additional hardware switches for this?  I'm thinking of them as ways to map common Photoshop macros.

More, has anyone used this specific trackball for a period of time?  Reviews, impressions, etc?

Cheers,
~rn
My keyboards, numpads, and pointing devices
=====================================
Quote from: Hak Foo
The label says, "World\'s best... guaranteed."

What would happen if I bought one and sent them a nasty letter that read:

"1391401.  I want my money back."

Offline bigpook

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 24 April 2009, 22:50:47 »
I just got one about a week ago and I think there is another member here that has one also. So far its working out pretty good. I have some billiard balls on order, when I get them I will post some pics.
As of right now, I think its a decent trackball. The trackball is as smooth as anything I have from kensington and the scroll wheel at the top is very smooth.I like trackballs that can be used with the left hand so that includes the kensington expert and orbit.

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 24 April 2009, 23:03:02 »
Quote from: bigpook;87193
I just got one about a week ago and I think there is another member here that has one also. So far its working out pretty good. I have some billiard balls on order, when I get them I will post some pics.
As of right now, I think its a decent trackball. The trackball is as smooth as anything I have from kensington and the scroll wheel at the top is very smooth.I like trackballs that can be used with the left hand so that includes the kensington expert and orbit.

bigpook,

How would you rate this against the Expert, as that's the other trackball I'm considering.  I'll query sales/CS about the availability of the additional hardware switches, as mapping them to Photoshop would save me serious time and work.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  By the way, where did you order your billiard balls?

Cheers,
~rn

Offline bigpook

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 25 April 2009, 06:53:58 »
Quote from: rnak92a;87199
bigpook,

How would you rate this against the Expert, as that's the other trackball I'm considering.  I'll query sales/CS about the availability of the additional hardware switches, as mapping them to Photoshop would save me serious time and work.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  By the way, where did you order your billiard balls?

Cheers,
~rn

Thats a tough call. I think the expert is a great trackball and am not sure which one to go with if I had to pick just one.

So far what I like about the CST is the scroll wheel  is very smooth, it has on the fly adjustment of DPI and its neat that I can swap out the trackball. It turns out that standard billiard balls can be used. I will post pics when they come in.

The kensington has 4 buttons versus 2 buttons on the CST(however, there is a button that is forward of the ball that can be used as a universal scroll/paste button. The kensington scroll ring is not as smooth as the CST but the scroll ring is adequate and its location (around the ball) is genius to me. The one major negative with the kensington is the supplied wrist rest. The actual material is fine but its such a cheaply designed part that connects it to the trackball base. Its a flap of plastic with 2 small plastic tits. Mine have broken off and I need to figure away to fix it as I need to use the wrist rest with this particular trackball.

Both trackballs are comfortable for me. Once noticeable difference between the two is that the kensington is a bit wider.
Which allows me to use my thumb to activate the button. The CST is a little bit narrower and instead of the thumb I use my forefinger.
Both trackballs are physically large and both of them are easy on the eye.
 On another note, the CST is a industrial grade trackball The cord is larger/thicker and the mouse itself seems to be over-built. I can imagine Bubba  using one of these in some wharehouse, one hand on a plate of gooey, greasy ribs and the other hand glomming this mouse.
Lots of dust, dirty hands and greasy fingers. I think the CST would survive in this environment, the kensington not so much.

I ordered the balls here:

check it

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 25 April 2009, 10:30:42 »
Quote from: bigpook;87216
Thats a tough call. I think the expert is a great trackball and am not sure which one to go with if I had to pick just one.

So far what I like about the CST is the scroll wheel  is very smooth, it has on the fly adjustment of DPI and its neat that I can swap out the trackball. It turns out that standard billiard balls can be used. I will post pics when they come in.

The kensington has 4 buttons versus 2 buttons on the CST(however, there is a button that is forward of the ball that can be used as a universal scroll/paste button. The kensington scroll ring is not as smooth as the CST but the scroll ring is adequate and its location (around the ball) is genius to me. The one major negative with the kensington is the supplied wrist rest. The actual material is fine but its such a cheaply designed part that connects it to the trackball base. Its a flap of plastic with 2 small plastic tits. Mine have broken off and I need to figure away to fix it as I need to use the wrist rest with this particular trackball.

Both trackballs are comfortable for me. Once noticeable difference between the two is that the kensington is a bit wider.
Which allows me to use my thumb to activate the button. The CST is a little bit narrower and instead of the thumb I use my forefinger.
Both trackballs are physically large and both of them are easy on the eye.
 On another note, the CST is a industrial grade trackball The cord is larger/thicker and the mouse itself seems to be over-built. I can imagine Bubba  using one of these in some wharehouse, one hand on a plate of gooey, greasy ribs and the other hand glomming this mouse.
Lots of dust, dirty hands and greasy fingers. I think the CST would survive in this environment, the kensington not so much.

I ordered the balls here:

check it

Thanks, bigpook.  Another question:  where did you buy the CST?  I'm looking for the CST2545-5W (laser) that can accommodate the additional hardware switches (for a 5 button configuration) and for the hardware switches themselves that no one seems to stock :frusty: :mad:.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2009, 10:38:01 by rnak92a »

Offline bigpook

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 25 April 2009, 11:08:59 »
Quote from: rnak92a;87235
Thanks, bigpook.  Another question:  where did you buy the CST?  I'm looking for the CST2545-5W (laser) that can accommodate the additional hardware switches (for a 5 button configuration) and for the hardware switches themselves that no one seems to stock :frusty: :mad:.

I got mine here:

check it

you may want to email them and ask them

Offline bigpook

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 25 April 2009, 11:22:59 »
I got the billiard balls today. So here are some pics

back plate

an inside look

[IMG]http://ajm.no-ip.info/CST/tb/img_2458.jpg">>

optical sensor

red ball on assembly

red ball!

red ball 3

yellow ball in assembly

yellow ball!

yellow ball 1

8 ball in assembly

8 ball !

I am thinking I should have also gotten the 5 ball which is orange. Dang, if I keep this up I will need to get a pool table.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2009, 11:33:15 by bigpook »

Offline bigpook

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 25 April 2009, 11:52:04 »
Quote from: ripster;87246
Hey, I like the yellow.

All you need now is to get a Touch Screen and use a Pool Cue as a stylus.

- Ripster

Yeah, the yellow is nice. Thanks for the idea though. I would have never thought to try it out until you posted about it.

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 25 April 2009, 14:51:28 »
Thanks, bigpook.  I e-mailed about the L-Trac CST 2545-5W (black case, black cable, black ball), but neither ergoguys--who listed the product--or trackball world stock it.  The laser model that's switch compatible would be ideal kit, but the challenge seems to be finding someone who stocks it.  I can always e-mail CST about a direct order, though they'll likely be the most expensive source for it.

I agree with the assessment of the look of the billiard balls in this unit:  they're first class.  Personally, I'd use a 2 ball.

Thanks again for your time and help, bigpook.  As I track down what I'm after, I'll return to the thread and post what I bought, from whom, and costs, should others be interested.

Cheers,
~rn

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 25 April 2009, 21:12:03 »
Quote from: rnak92a;87272
Thanks again for your time and help, bigpook.  As I track down what I'm after, I'll return to the thread and post what I bought, from whom, and costs, should others be interested.

Cheers,
~rn

Yes please do. I'm interested in the same one but am not quite ready to purchase yet. So anything you find out would be a great help to me. As well as finding out about adding the extra switches as well.
Keyboards

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 25 April 2009, 21:48:39 »
Quote from: rdjack21;87320
Yes please do. I'm interested in the same one but am not quite ready to purchase yet. So anything you find out would be a great help to me. As well as finding out about adding the extra switches as well.

You bet.

I have e-mails in to CST sales and that of trackball world about availability of the laser model and compatible switches for it.  Ergoguys informed me they're not going to stock this model and pointed me to a range of horrendously expensive switches that would be at odds with the trackball.  Those who know me from around here know that's not going to cut it. :smile:

I'll post responses from whomever answers my inquires.

Cheers,
~rn
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2009, 21:55:43 by rnak92a »

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 27 April 2009, 04:14:32 »
Dang.  I should know better than to read threads like this.  Now I'm itching for one of these, equipped with a 13 billiard ball.  :) (of course, you'd have to have several balls, so you can change color to match your mood)

Bigpook, are the billiard balls significantly heavier than the stock ball?  (wondering if the heavier ball would have any long-term negative affect on the longevity of the housing, rollers, etc)

Offline bigpook

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 27 April 2009, 04:46:46 »
iMav

the stock ball feels about the same as the billiard ball. I don't have a scale to measure the difference, but they seem pretty close.

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 27 April 2009, 12:00:12 »
A follow-up to my previous post about availability of the CST2545-5W:

An e-mail from Mr. Rolling at CST (emphasis and parenthetical comments mine):

Quote from: Robert Rolling
Hello,

Most of our resellers offer the CST2545-5W only for special orders. I would recommend calling or emailing Trackballworld.com. They are the reseller that deals the most with our L-Trac series. If they don't have any in stock we could drop ship the order to you. (he didn't mention cost, but I'd imagine it to be on par with resellers--I'll edit in this information after I hear from/contact trackball world).

The CST2545-5W can use any external button with a 1/8" mono jack. We are currently  working on getting switches for a trackball but would not be ready for a while. If you look online, you can find different companies that make buttons that are compatible with the -5W.

Rob,
CST  
I have an e-mail in to trackball world, but they've not yet responded.  If they don't respond today by e-mail, I'll phone them and post their response about ordering the CST2545-5W.  As for the switches, a company called Tash makes superior 1/8" mono jack switches, but egads, they're expensive.  I'll look around, see what I can find, and post back here about that, too.

Cheers,
~rn.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2009, 14:21:28 by rnak92a »

Offline MsKeyboard

One remaining on shelf now!
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 29 April 2009, 11:55:15 »
rnak92a,
We currently have one left in stock, cst2545-5w-RC (part number #MLTRACSAUB), free shipping.
See here:http://www.fentek-ind.com/laser-trackball.htm#mltracub

Let us know if we can help....Later

Ms Keyboard

Offline bigpook

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 29 April 2009, 12:31:14 »
that link says its low profile. what does that mean?

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 29 April 2009, 12:58:55 »
Quote from: MsKeyboard;88090
rnak92a,
We currently have one left in stock, cst2545-5w-RC (part number #MLTRACSAUB), free shipping.
See here:http://www.fentek-ind.com/laser-trackball.htm#mltracub

Let us know if we can help....Later

Ms Keyboard

I replied to your PM, Ms Keyboard, and indicated interest in it.  Please see my PM about total cost including shipping to my location.

The larger question, though, is whether you have switches available for this trackball, and if so, what type and at what cost (for each or as a pair).

Thanks for your assistance!

Cheers,
~rn.

Ripster:

Thanks for letting me know about this!  You could have easily sniped it Metal Gear Solid Snake style and not said a word.  I hope I'll someday be able to repay your kindness.

salut,
~rn

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 30 April 2009, 03:09:23 »
ripster,

You have a PM from me.

Cheers,
~rn
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2009, 03:18:08 by rnak92a »

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 30 April 2009, 09:37:50 »
I'm glad you're getting it, Ripster.  I'm passing altogether and have given up on this thing, for not even the damn Wonder Pets can find a pair of matching external switches that don't cost as much as the trackball.  So, I
l'll make do with the Kensington Expert Mouse.

Cheers,
~rn.

No one has
the trackball swiiiitches
the trackball swiiiitches
that would let me map
photoshop maaacrooooos to them

This....is....sewious!

Offline rnak92a

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 30 April 2009, 09:53:08 »
Ripster can set the record for WPM with his feet, DDR-Ultramix style.  Go for it, man.

A big thanks to ripster and bigpook (and everyone else who helped out) in my maniacal quest for this thing.  I'd buy it in a flat second if someone had the switches!

Hello, resellers of the switch adaptable trackball!  If you sell the trackball that accepts switches, it's logical to sell switches for it, too!!  Otherwise, just sell the model without the switch jacks and call it a day.

Cheers,
~rn

Even the Wonder Pets, equipped with their magical Fly Boat, couldn't help with this one.  I had a nice time meeting Linny, Tuck, and Ming-Ming, too.  I also found they very much enjoy celery.

« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2009, 10:02:29 by rnak92a »