Author Topic: [FS] Nubbinator's Stuff: Wood Key Cap Pullers, Iron Man [W] Brobots V2, lots  (Read 29378 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Wanted

Hopefully I can trade for most of this stuff, but these are some things I'm looking for.

- Brobot V2 any color.  I have some preferences (like Army Man Green, Proto Purple, RoHS Red, Board Blue, and Emerald), but I'm open to any at a reasonable price.  So if you bought more than you necessarily wanted or needed and are willing to sell for around the sale price or trade for it, hit me up.

- Signature Plastics ABS color ring.  If I could borrow this, trade for it, or get this off of someone for less than the $35 + shipping on SP's site, that would be awesome.

- GMK White on RGB mods

- 60% PCBs (no Pure)

- GMK Purple mods

For Sale:

- White Cinn Iron Man.  This cap is awesome and I got it through trading some stuff.  It's really a silvery color, but it was sold in the GB as white, so that's what I'm calling it.  Again, it's something I'd be holding onto if I could justify, but it's a luxury item that I don't really need and really need the money instead.  Asking $45 shipped US.  This is below the GB price, even lower if you count the $7.50 shipping.

- Handmade Wood Handled Keycap Pullers.  These are handmade and tested to make sure they'll hold up.  The wire is springy and flexible like any other wire key cap puller.  Just slide the wires over the cap, twist it to the side to catch the corners of the cap, and rock it back and forth to carefully pull the cap off like you would with any other wire key cap puller.  All key cap pullers are $25 shipped in a bubble mailer to the US, additional if you'd like a box or are outside the US.

- More to come.  Several new ones have been turned and waiting to have the wires installed. 

Pending Sale:

Sold:

More
- Black on cream/off white doubleshot alphas.  All the alphas except, oddly, the 0) key are doubleshots.  The rest are pad printed.  The alphas are all in great shape with no shine that I saw and minimal wear.  Asking $10 + shipping; Sold.

- Beige and cream Alps set.  It's in good condition outside of probably needing to be cleaned a little more.  They're pad printed caps.  Please note, one of the Ctrl caps is missing.  I had to steal it to complete a set on my KB-5181.  Asking $5 + shipping.

- Thick Wyse set.  This set is in near perfect condition. The only flaws with it is a small dent on the 8*, a small scratch on 7&, and slight yellowing on F6-F9.  There's no noticeable yellowing outside of those four caps.  There's still a ton of texture on the caps and no shine anywhere. Asking $30 + shipping; Sold.

Cherry Plate Mount Stabilizers.  I have 12 pairs of these.  They have your standard 2x wires.  Asking $0.50 each + shipping; Sold, or $5 for the rest of them.

Cherry PCB Mounted Stabilizers with Screw.  These are PCB mount stabilizers that you screw into the PCB on one end so you have solidly anchored stabilizers.  I forgot to measure, but it should be a 7x stabilizer wire.  I have 8 of these. Asking $1.50 each + shipping; Sold.

White Alps and stabilizers. This is a bag of 101 white Alps and stabilizers from a Siig keyboard.  Some may have a tiny bit of the leg that has popped off because the legs were bent over in the hole and broke when straightening when taking them out.  They should still work just fine.  Asking $9 + shipping.

Cream Alps and 1 Lock Alps.  This is a bag of 104 Cream Alps and one Lock Alps from an Apple AEK II.  Some may have a tiny bit of the leg that has popped off because a couple of the legs were bent over in the hole and broke when straightening when taking them out.  They should still work just fine.  Asking $10 + shipping;Sold.

- Apple Extended Keyboard II.  I don't have the means to test this, so it's being sold as is.    It will require an adapter to use with any modern computer.  It's in excellent condition with no yellowing, caps with tons of texture still, and dampened cream Alps with an Alps lock switch on the caps lock.  It has a couple tiny scratches on it, but nothing really noticeable. Asking $20 + shipping; Sold.  I have another AEK II caps set that should be clean soon that I can include for $5 and you can have either of the Alps bags up for sale for $5 if you grab them with this keyboard.

KB-5181 with Monterey Blues.  This keyboard is in fantastic condition with only a small melted part by the spacebar, a few scratches on the back, and a tiny discolored spot on the right hand side.  Asking $30 + shipping; Sold.  If you want an AT to PS/2 adapter, I'll include one once it comes in.  I haven't tested it yet, but once I confirm that it works, I'll be ready to ship it.

Black Dell AT101W.  This board is in great condition with some shine on some of the main caps like space, shift, and enter and some shine starting elsewhere, but that's to be expected with a keyboard this old.  I have reconditioned the board by cleaning it all, opening up all the Black Alps switches, cleaning them out, and applying some krytox to the sliders.  It feels fantastic now if Alps are your thing.  Asking $27 + shipping.  I can also toss in the bags of White Alps for $5 more or the extra Alps caps set for $2 more.

IBM Model M 42H1292.  This is a UK made Model M with a fixed straight cable.  It works perfectly with my Adesso PS/2 to USB adapter and is in good condition aside from some blemishes like a discoloration/mark on the top panel and some marks on the back.  It ships with an extra spacebar (not pictured) that's less yellow and cleaner than the pictured space bar.  Also worth noting is that there are no popped rivets at all with this board.  Asking $38 + shipping.

- Lego Ninja Turtle Cap (Raphael).  Made some little key caps out of Lego Ninja Turtle heads and a white stem the other white.  The stem is secured with E6000 and super glue since I'm out of epoxy.  Asking $4.50 + shipping.  This is pretty much at cost for me.

Walnut space bar.  I made this as a prototype for a space bar I'll be making for someone else.  Right now it's just finished in Danish oil, but I can finish it in Arm-R-Seal if you'd like.  It's your standard 6.25x space bar.  I think the right hand stem may be off by just a hair since it feels a little sluggish on my Pure with Cherry stabilizers, but feels perfect on my Costar stabilized boards.  Asking $25 + shipping for it.

- Novelty Caps.  Buy any of them with anything else and the top four rows are $1.50-2 and the bottom four rows are $0.25 each, including the ones off to the sides.  Buy them on their own and the top four rows are $2-2.50 each and the bottom four rows are $0.50 each.

- Pure/Poker case.  This is listed as a Poker X case, but they're all the same thing, just a different badge on the back.  It's in good condition and I'll be including all the screws necessary with it.  Just a forewarning, one of the screw mounts popped off and was superglued back in place.  It hasn't affected the functionality of the case at all, but it's just something you should know.  It's perfect for those of you waiting on a GH60.  Asking $22 + shipping .

Plate mounted MX Blacks.  I have a mix of the three different blacks, vintage, and the two other other housing styles.  All of these switches came off boards from the early to mid eighties up to the early 90's (c.'92).  I've cleaned the outside of them, but some may need a little more cleaning inside. Asking $0.25 a switch + shipping.  You'll get 10% more switches than you buy to make up for any potentially defective ones and every order over 50 will come with a binder clip switch tool so you can easily open them if you want.   I have 84 left since one pending is MIA, you can have them and the extras (~10) for $15+ shipping since I want them gone

More

- Cream and beige double shot set with (most) of an SP Moogle.  Apparently the Moogle didn't have an \| or Enter key when I got it, so it's short those two caps, but the rest are there and the caps all still have a ton of texture.  The numpad 0, +, and Enter and the Backspace are unstabilized since I got them off of a BTC board that wasn't compatible.  I actually think the BTC doubleshots are nicer than SP, though they're not as good as Cherry/GMK.  I'll be including some other non-standard sized caps that came with it and a Cherry black on beige Esc key.  Asking $35 + shipping.  This is right around what I remember paying for them.

Wyse set A.  This set is a less common variation of the Wyse set.  It lacks the arrow keys and has a right hand side function row that's missing F1 and F2, but other than that, it's pretty much your standard Wyse.  It had the esc on the numpad like IBM Model Fs do, but I added some other keys to make it so you can have a full numpad if you want.  Other than the two missing Function keys, it's in great condition with very little shine (though it is starting) and marginal yellowing.  It's thin ABS, not thick like the set I sold earlier.  Asking $10 + shipping.

- Bloodwood key cap puller (more info on Bloodwood).  Bloodwood is a resilient, dense, and very hard wood.  Asking $25 + shipping since Bloodwood is an expensive and a very hard to work with wood.

More

- Wyse set B.  This is a thin ABS Wyse set.  It's yellowed and shine is starting, but not readily apparent.  Overall, it's in pretty good condition.  Asking $12 + shipping

- Pau Amarello and Black Palm.  Pau Amarello is one of my favorite smelling woods when I work with it.  It has a unique almost sweet smell that's pleasant, though sometimes overpowering.  Both Black Palm and it are very strong and durable woods.

- Padauk and Black Palm.  Padauk can look bright orange after being worked with, but mellows into a darker red with oiling.  It provides an interesting contrast to the Black Palm.

- Padauk and dyed Curly Maple key cap puller.  The maple has been dyed with black then red dye, hence the darker sections on the wood, and finished with Danish Oil and a turning finish. 

- Black Palm key cap puller (more info on Black Palm).  Black Palm is an interesting wood since, technically, it's a monocot, making it more in line with reeds and grasses, bamboo, banana, corn, etc.  There's a slight color shift in the picture due to the evening sun. There is also a small scratch on it from the lathe tools that I didn't get a chance to sand out while it was on the lathe.

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2014, 09:20:33 by nubbinator »

Offline calavera

I will take Wyse set.

Offline jalaj

great stuff at reasonable, affordable pricing, glws

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
I will take Wyse set.

Sold, pending payment.

great stuff at reasonable, affordable pricing, glws

Thanks.  I try to keep my prices reasonable.  The prices would be cheaper if I didn't put so much work into some of the stuff.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
ygpm

Offline AGmurdercore

Damn it these switches are soooo tempting ;( Too bad that i will have to pass them for now, GLWS!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Added Cherry stabilizers and Alps switches.  Still debating on the Monterey Blues and Model F.  Two AEK IIs will be added once I finish cleaning them up as well as an AEK II cap set.  Other cap sets may or may not pop up as well.

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
Really wish I had a project for black switches right now. GLWS
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

What you should be asking is what kind of project can you do with the switches you just bought because they are priced so well!! ;)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

What you should be asking is what kind of project can you do with the switches you just bought because they are priced so well!! ;)

I should add, I have some plates I can send for the price of shipping if you want to try your hand a direct wired keyboard.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

I should add, I have some plates I can send for the price of shipping if you want to try your hand a direct wired keyboard.

You know that might not be a bad idea with that teensy group buy that is going on right now.

Offline pixel5

• pixel5

I'm interested...what kind of plates?
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Great pricing, GLWS!

Offline AGmurdercore

How much will be the shipping to Bulgaria? ;(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

I'm probably going to keep the bottom one and make myself a wood case for it.  I like the right hand side function row and it might be a fun plate to play with.  The others I have several of each and will give them a quick cleaning with soapy water and steel wool and a rust remover and steel wool before sending them out.

How much will be the shipping to Bulgaria? ;(

Not cheap, sadly.  It looks like it would be at least $16 to ship, if not a little more.  I haven't weighed the plates, so I can't even an exact shipping cost.

Offline AGmurdercore

Yeah i knew that it wont be cheap, sad to say this but i will pass ;(

Offline pixel5

• pixel5

Show Image

I'm probably going to keep the bottom one and make myself a wood case for it.  I like the right hand side function row and it might be a fun plate to play with.  The others I have several of each and will give them a quick cleaning with soapy water and steel wool and a rust remover and steel wool before sending them out.

Those are some very strange layouts. Nothing ANSI, I guess?
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline j2c8w6f8

pmed

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Those are some very strange layouts. Nothing ANSI, I guess?

Yeah, they are kind of funky.  They're all ANSI...ish.  They're from old WY-35 and other Wyse boards.  The one I like came from a local company, but I forgot the brand of the board.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
And last update for today, added a KB-5181 with Monterey Blues and an Apple AEK II.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
pm'd
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Added a pair of Wyse sets and I'll be adding more stuff later.

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
Is it CONUS only, or do you do international shipping too   :D?
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 September 2013, 15:12:29 by JonasDK »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Is it CONUS only, or do you do international shipping too   :D?

I'll do international shipping, but will require it to be paid as a gift unless it's to one of the countries like Canada where I have delivery confirmation via USPS.  If you're outside one of those countries, I can ship it whichever method you prefer.

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
No extra shipping fee? What will shipping to europe be?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
No extra shipping fee? What will shipping to europe be?

It's entirely contingent upon weight and if USPS is fine or if you want it shipped another way.

Offline Sniping

Wow, and I just paid for my 5181 today, which was more expensive and in worse condition. $30 is an amazing price, GLWS!

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
Does every version of the mx black housing accept LEDs?
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline ohgodpleaseno

• Nonononono please no
Can I buy set #1 from you? :)

Edit: I also would like to buy some cables bundled with it if possible. :O
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 September 2013, 14:09:34 by ohgodpleaseno »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Does every version of the mx black housing accept LEDs?

Yes.  They're all diode or LEDs, you can't have both.  If you have a keyboard that requires diodes in the housing, you can't have LEDs since the diode will interfere with the LED legs.  If the diodes are soldered elsewhere, you can have LEDs.

Can I buy set #1 from you? :)

Edit: I also would like to buy some cables bundled with it if possible. :O

I have someone who asked about it via PM earlier.  If they don't get back to me by tomorrow, it's yours.

Offline rao2100

GLWS
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline AGmurdercore

I would like to buy the remaining 80 black switches if they are still available. I will PM you too to make sure you get this :)

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
I would like to buy the remaining 80 black switches if they are still available. I will PM you too to make sure you get this :)

Glad I got my order in. These are a great deal!
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline AGmurdercore

Glad I got my order in. These are a great deal!
Yeah i will actually borrow some money from a friend to get these, because i am totally broke atm but i don't wanna miss them. :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Might have a use for the ALPS switches. I'll get back to you in a day or 2.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Dropped the price on the Black AT101W.  You're getting the cleanup and tune up with Krytox for free now.

Added a Walnut space bar and a Pure/Poker case.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
nubs why you always gotta sell cool stuff and make me want to spend all my monies!!!!!

that spacebar is the coolest thing I've seen all day

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
If you make an ebony spacebar I will buy it and your IBM model M
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
nubs why you always gotta sell cool stuff and make me want to spend all my monies!!!!!

Thanks.  And what can I say.  Wood working is one of the few outlets I have for the stress of job searching and dealing with piling student loans and other expenses.  If it wasn't for woodworking and the experiments like that, I'd be going even more insane.

I could definitely do one, but the wood cost alone would be ~$25.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio

Thanks.  And what can I say.  Wood working is one of the few outlets I have for the stress of job searching and dealing with piling student loans and other expenses.  If it wasn't for woodworking and the experiments like that, I'd be going even more insane.

I could definitely do one, but the wood cost alone would be ~$25.

I'm interested in an ebony spacebar... that is all.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline pixel5

• pixel5

I have never approved of an alternative spacebar material until I read this. I still wouldn't buy it because it would look ugly, but MAN ebony is awesome to touch.

Also screw you nubs, selling things I want to buy. I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY RIGHT NOW DUDE. This is cruel and unusual.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
can't wait the miami cable and your lego TMNT  :p

Offline AGmurdercore

God f***ing damn it why these switches are available after i got the 80 you had remaining like 1 week ago ;( It will cost me a fortune for the shipping to get these too damn it i feel so sad now ;(. GLWS!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Dat wood spacebar is awesome
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
I have never approved of an alternative spacebar material until I read this. I still wouldn't buy it because it would look ugly, but MAN ebony is awesome to touch.

Also screw you nubs, selling things I want to buy. I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY RIGHT NOW DUDE. This is cruel and unusual.

Then you'd hate the idea of a full set of wood key caps that I'm thinking about doing.

And, sadly I am selling because I'm in the same boat. 

God f***ing damn it why these switches are available after i got the 80 you had remaining like 1 week ago ;( It will cost me a fortune for the shipping to get these too damn it i feel so sad now ;(. GLWS!

Sorry :(  I had to wait a few days to make sure that the person who had said they wanted them had indeed flaked and disappeared.

Dat wood spacebar is awesome

Thanks. It's your inspiration.  I should get your Zebrawood one done sometime this week hopefully.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
no rush
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline AGmurdercore

Sorry :(  I had to wait a few days to make sure that the person who had said they wanted them had indeed flaked and disappeared.
You don't have to be sorry man, you did what was right for you :P I am the one that should be sorry because i have no money to get this switches on this great price. GLWS :P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
You don't have to be sorry man, you did what was right for you :P I am the one that should be sorry because i have no money to get this switches on this great price. GLWS :P

Thanks.

And update pic of the inside of the Model M.  I'm pleased to announce that there are no popped rivets at all.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
any update on dat ebony space-bar?  preferably with pearl inlay?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
any update on dat ebony space-bar?  preferably with pearl inlay?

I have to go to my wood supplier and look at their ebony and find something acceptable.

And I know you want the pearl inlay.  I'll have to look around, but inlay is a b*tch.