Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 284871 times)

Offline Bilbin

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 07:45:54 »
Anyone tried baking paper? I know someone that swears by it, might give a few layers on top of the PureTrak a go.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline Foodmanchew

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 15:28:38 »
Baking paper?  O_o

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 15:30:08 »
Quote from: Foodmanchew;455066
Baking paper?  O_o
my guess wax paper. possibly legit would wear for sure though.

Offline journeymangeek

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #253 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 17:05:56 »
Technically parchment paper, which makes sense - its basically VERY thin paper, covered in a thin coat of silicone.

Offline himynameisbunny

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #254 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 18:29:03 »
Quote from: Foodmanchew;455066
Baking paper?  O_o

aka greaseproof paper, a type of cooking paper coated in wax so grease and oil do not stick to it.

I can see that working well but being a pain in the ass tying to get it to stay put.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB

Offline himynameisbunny

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 18 November 2011, 18:31:53 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;455067
my guess wax paper. possibly legit would wear for sure though.
Quote from: journeymangeek;455124
Technically parchment paper, which makes sense - its basically VERY thin paper, covered in a thin coat of silicone.

Oops. For whatever reason I didn't see those replies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #256 on: Sat, 19 November 2011, 20:32:39 »
The waxed type would be terrible! You would get wax shavings all over the place and up in the sensor! The teflon type would be ok, but you would still probably have to replace it every couple days.

Offline Bilbin

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 25 November 2011, 11:49:09 »
Teflon mat with whole underside of mouse covered in teflon.

Interesting to think about things like this.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 16:17:29 »
OK guys, I use a Logitech G500 and I currently have a Qck Mini but I want a new mousepad. I want something that's going to be good for my mouse but I also want something twice the size of my Mini and something a bit thicker if possible. Any ideas?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 26 November 2011, 23:15:28 »
Quote from: Mackem;459306
OK guys, I use a Logitech G500 and I currently have a Qck Mini but I want a new mousepad. I want something that's going to be good for my mouse but I also want something twice the size of my Mini and something a bit thicker if possible. Any ideas?

QCK MASS or QCK HEAVY

Offline Creizai

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 02:39:25 »
Just went through alot of mouse pads and settled on PureTrak Talent.. Amazing

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 08:36:45 »
Quote from: himynameisbunny;455166
Oops. For whatever reason I didn't see those replies.

http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/C4Ngen04.htm
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline NimbleRabit

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 06 December 2011, 23:08:11 »
Quote from: aynjell;419694
I don't know if I've said so yet in this thread, but I've actually found a mouse pad I like. it has the least static friction of any mouse pad I've used and it's so slick it's off-putting to people who aren't used to it.

Behold, the Razer Scarab. At 39.99, a daunting investment, but having been noted as the slickest pad available, and seeing it hasn't worn out insanely quickly, I can easily recommend this.

To this point, I have noticed no signs of wear and tear, and I've had it since May 27th, 2011. It's holding up brilliantly for a hard pad, especially since I don't play on terribly high sensitivity so there's a lot of movement on the pad. I will say the feet on my lachesis are very small so that may reduce the amount of wear and tear that actually occurs, but I guess that makes it a good combo. The mouse reduces wear and tracks brilliantly, and the pad reduces static friction to the lowest I've ever used. A great combo.

Now, if I could figure out why in the world my mouse keeps dying on occasion I'd be set! I wish there was a better mouse for lefties, but I hate the deathadder and the new logitech mouse isn't that great. I should get a sensei and try that, I suppose.

I decided to get a new mousepad recently, and so I set out to find the perfect mousepad for me.  This Razer mousepad was really impressive, extremely slick with a nice solid feel.  I borrowed it from a friend who's been using it daily for about 6 months, and it was in fantastic condition still.  Personally I found that it was too smooth for me, and I've since ended up with a pad with just a bit more friction which suits me better.  Just thought I'd second the recommendation for anyone who wants an extremely slick hard mousepad though, this was definitely one of the better pads I tried (and I tried quite a few).

On the other hand the Razer Goliathus (control) I tried was absolutely the worst pad ever.  I know some people actually like this thing, and I can't even begin to understand how they can even stand it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 December 2011, 23:12:04 by NimbleRabit »

Offline rich0d

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 08 December 2011, 05:19:54 »
I currently have the XL version of this http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GS-000-BB - switching to the XXL when I refurb my room in the new year, it's going to cover my entire desk pretty much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline hdyebx

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #264 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 08:56:34 »
i am using a steelseries SX now,,
so precise, so smooth,,
 love it~~

Offline BababooeyHTJ

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #265 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 11:30:08 »
I've been using a puretrak talent that I picked up on sale. I would have a hard time paying the $30 asking price after shipping for any mouse pad but for what I paid I'm happy. It is a nice step up from the QCK+ which I was using beforehand and loved. I just hope that its as durable and washable as they claim. Only time will tell.

Offline WestLove

• http://tunedump.com/
that's nice
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 18:23:01 »
Wow, that's nice. The details are great!!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #267 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 19:58:28 »
Im currently using a LCD screen, best mouse pad that I have ever used.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 02 January 2012, 23:42:16 »
Quote from: TheProfosist;459454
QCK MASS or QCK HEAVY
+1 qck mass!

previously had a zowie n-rf1, a coarser grained compressed fiber pad.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline posthaste

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 03 January 2012, 08:41:12 »
CSHyde still sells the best mousing surfaces without marketing hype or silly naming schemes.  

So few have figured it out yet.

But, I guess the sheeple derive some comfort from having their Ultra Anaconda X-TREME XB4000 Turbo ICE Blasting Mat sitting on their desks.

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 03 January 2012, 09:36:31 »
CSHyde mat are indeed awesome. Crazy quality and price is good.

The only thing that bothers me with these mousepads is the noise generate by the friction between mouse and mat. Dont get me wrong, its not as loud as the Steelseries 9HD. It's just that noise is high priority for me and so I go back and forth between my CShyde stuff and other clothe mousepads.
RF-87UW

Offline posthaste

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 03 January 2012, 19:52:21 »
I pair the Extended Life PTFE discs on the bottom of my mouse along with the C4NGEN mousing surface; it's silent.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 January 2012, 08:07:41 by posthaste »

Offline Surly73

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 07:36:08 »
Quote from: posthaste;482301
CSHyde still sells the best mousing surfaces without marketing hype or silly naming schemes.  

Maybe because no one talks about them, and those that do don't provide any links, model numbers, or specific information.

I'm specifically looking for a low friction, hard mousing surface in multiple forums and this is the first I've heard of them.  And, at that, I had to spend time with google getting to something useful to look at and I still don't know which model from their product line up you regard so highly.  It looks to me like they may only have the one surface and the different models are just variation in size and backing?
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 January 2012, 07:48:56 by Surly73 »

Offline posthaste

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 08:22:09 »
http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/home.htm

"We have three types of C4 available:  C4 Ngen® with foam backing;  the super thin CX4 NGen04 with repositionable black silicone backing, and the adhesive-backed C4 Ngen® Classic."

You're right, the only difference are the types of backing and size; the surface is the same.

I like the NGen04 - it's just the super slick mousing surface without the foam backing of a standard mousepad.  The silicone backing keeps it from sliding around, but you can still peel it up and reposition it.  You can get the NGen04 in a "GIANT" 20" x 36" size to cover your entire desk, or smaller sizes that can be cut with a pair of scissors.  I had this old 3M mousepad with an integrated gell wrist rest that I was fond of, but the surface was horrible.  So I got a small 8" x 10" NGen04 roll and cut it to fit on top of the old mousepad and it stays in place with the silicone backing.  Versatile stuff.

And I use these EX-L Discs on bottom of the mouse:

http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/Accessories.htm

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 08:41:12 »
Quote from: posthaste;482766
I pair the Extended Life PTFE discs on the bottom of my mouse along with the C4NGEN mousing surface; it's silent.

It's quite silent, just not as much as a cloth mousepad. That might be because I lift the mouse very often during gaming sessions (low sens)...
RF-87UW

Offline Surly73

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 04 January 2012, 10:04:14 »
Quote from: posthaste;483060
http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/home.htm

"We have three types of C4 available:  C4 Ngen® with foam backing;  the super thin CX4 NGen04 with repositionable black silicone backing, and the adhesive-backed C4 Ngen® Classic."

You're right, the only difference are the types of backing and size; the surface is the same.

I like the NGen04 - it's just the super slick mousing surface without the foam backing of a standard mousepad.  The silicone backing keeps it from sliding around, but you can still peel it up and reposition it.  You can get the NGen04 in a "GIANT" 20" x 36" size to cover your entire desk, or smaller sizes that can be cut with a pair of scissors.  I had this old 3M mousepad with an integrated gell wrist rest that I was fond of, but the surface was horrible.  So I got a small 8" x 10" NGen04 roll and cut it to fit on top of the old mousepad and it stays in place with the silicone backing.  Versatile stuff.

And I use these EX-L Discs on bottom of the mouse:

http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/Accessories.htm

I am waffling between trying the NGen or the NGen04.  I have a 3M Precise Mousing Surface at the office at the moment.  I'm not sure about the surface characteristics, but it's ultra-thin with non-adhesive backing and is the same concept.  It has some pros and cons, and I could maybe see some issues with kids in my home environment wrecking things without the added protection of the rubber backing.

Ever tried the 3M surface?  I wonder about the similarities between the 3M and C4.  At first the cshyde site makes it sound like it would be exactly the same, but some reviews I've dug up talking about the NGen04 being rediculously thin and acting like a piece of fabric - that's much more delicate than the 3M surface.

Offline jbluzb

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 05:50:47 »
I am using Steelseried HD pads, its has a plastic mat with a bit of friction. It is really a solid mouse pad, and also easy to clean.

Offline jellowiggler

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 06:02:24 »
I use a steel series 4hd as well. It is a thin textured plastic mat with a grippy back. It allows the mouse to glide pretty well. Easy to clean.

I also have a cloth razer mat at work, the speed version. It really does about the same thing as the as 4hd hard mat. But this is flexible cloth.

Both were $20 and get the job done. In the long run I'm not sure which will hold up to wear and dirt better.

I had a ratpadz gs before and I wore a the texture off it in 6 months. I wasn't impressed. If you get a ratpadz get the original, not the gs.  

After that I had the allsop accutrack. It lasted for years before I replaced it. $15
Mike -jellowiggler-
Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless / Rosewill RK-9000 / IBM Model M 1391401 / Logitech DiNovo Edge / MS Sidewinder X4

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 05 January 2012, 17:06:25 »
If you want PTFE mouse feet that care cut to your mouse look at Corepad Skatez they preform very well and are the only company that makes replacement feet cut to fit the G700.

Offline pagonda

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 06 January 2012, 17:52:37 »
I used to think the steelseries qck were the best until my fUnc 1030 Archetype came in a few days ago. Using my mouse on the QCK feels like dragging a dead body after using the archetype.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #280 on: Sat, 07 January 2012, 02:55:48 »
Im going to be trying out the C4 NGen04 Landing Strip for both Home and Mobile use.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 07 January 2012, 04:28:20 »
Quote from: posthaste;482301

But, I guess the sheeple derive some comfort from having their Ultra Anaconda X-TREME XB4000 Turbo ICE Blasting Mat sitting on their desks.
Something I think a lot of people are missing when discussing things like this is availability. Most people can pick up said ULTRAXTREMESUPERPAD 5000000 from their local store or favourite online store, and for a lot of people they'd rather get something that works perfectly well from a source they're familiar with rather than something that's better but harder to get a hold of.
This goes for keyboards as well, most of my friends would rather get a BlackWidow over something like a Filco because the BW is available in most stores here. The Filco has to be imported from somewhere like Belgium and UK.

I considered picking up a CSHyde mat, but importing them from the US is just too much hassle for a mousepad when I already have 4-5 that work just fine.

Offline OkGold

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 09 January 2012, 14:10:02 »
I've been using the XL Qck, I like it, but I feel like the size and shape isn't exactly efficient. Half my area is taken up by the mouse pad, but I don't want my keyboard on an angle, so it's a lot less versatile of a space. A friend of mine has a Razor pad that has more length to it, I think i'd really like to have my whole desk covered in a surface, so my keyboard can be stable too.

Offline andrewjoy

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 10 January 2012, 06:16:35 »
I just ordered 2 Qck + from amazon

I am thinking of having them next to each other end to end so they can go under the keyboard and absorb some of the sound from the keys bottoming out with my fat fingers on them

Offline NorrisB

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 11 January 2012, 16:10:56 »
you guys will be disappointed if you go steel series

Offline bokan

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #285 on: Wed, 11 January 2012, 21:09:50 »
I use the razer destructor.  It's kind of odd in that it is a hard mat that isn't super slick (I suppose you get good control if you are a fine movement high sens sorta person), but the early generation copperhead laser tracks perfectly on it (and nothing else, really).

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 11 January 2012, 22:05:29 »
Quote from: NorrisB;488189
you guys will be disappointed if you go steel series
Why would that be I have run about 10 different pads from them and have never been disappointed...

Offline Pred

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 12 January 2012, 01:36:35 »
A friend of mine bought me a Tt eSports Dasher mousepad about a month ago. I really like it, but it isn't as slick or smooth as the advertisements would leave me to believe. However, using the pad feels nice and my mouse doesn't do the jittery thing it used to do with my old 5 dollar plastic pad. I think it might be a little overpriced at around 19 dollars, but I think it is a nice mousepad.

Can anyone vouch for the Roccat Taito? I've heard that it's better than the Goliathus and the Qck series, but there is a chance that might just be preference. Can anyone tell me if the Taito is actually smoother and slidy-er than the other mousepads?

Offline andrewjoy

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 12 January 2012, 06:27:04 »
Quote from: OkGold;486732
I've been using the XL Qck, I like it, but I feel like the size and shape isn't exactly efficient. Half my area is taken up by the mouse pad, but I don't want my keyboard on an angle, so it's a lot less versatile of a space. A friend of mine has a Razor pad that has more length to it, I think i'd really like to have my whole desk covered in a surface, so my keyboard can be stable too.

I got them yesterday and i will post a pic later

Offline trax

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 12 January 2012, 10:12:32 »
Qpad. (Also get glidz from them).

Their mousepads are more then just some cloth. They are frome some hard material and have a higher quality overal.

Its next level, srsly

Ive had a taito, wasnt usable after 1 year of service, the edges start to unravel.
Bought a qck (steelseries one) and its EXACTLY the same. Sold it after a few days then felt in love with the qpad.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2012, 10:15:41 by trax »
Switches tried so far
Cherry MX Red Blue Black Clear
ALPS White Black (fake)Blue
Montereys
ACER
White Black
Futaba
Buckling Sprin

Offline mcsnails

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #290 on: Thu, 12 January 2012, 20:22:31 »
I've been using a razer sphex for 4 months now and I absolutely love it.  Its paper thin (literally), made of plastic, and sticks to my desk, which isn't a problem for me because I never use my mouse anywhere else.  It's textured, yet when I use it with my Death adder it feels buttery smooth.

Offline astr0s

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 13 January 2012, 01:03:48 »
In the past few years I've had a couple of the normal Qcks (still use one with my laptop), previously a Qck+ Heavy and now a Ratscar Deskpad, because I wanted something even bigger than the Qck+ http://www.ratscar.com/gaming/products/. As far as durability goes, I've not used any of the mousepads to the point where they're totally worn out. Perhaps using a low sensitivity helps to wear out the mousepads more evenly, or then I've just not used them enough :)
Filco Mj | Filco Mj2 DSA Retro | Filco Mj2 TKL CCnG | Leopold 210TP CCnG

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 11:26:12 »
Just got my C4 NGen Mousepads. I got a great deal on Blemished ones. I love the mosepads definitely one of the slickest and nicest surfaces that I have ever used. Im now thinking of getting some steel or aluminum and having them cover that.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 January 2012, 11:30:31 by TheProfosist »

Offline keyboardnoob

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 14:21:58 »
Hmm my qck+ is really worn off, I'm glad I found this thread, because I was thinking about replacing it.

The fUnc seems to be quite popular, however it is unavailable in pretty much in every online store I've checked...
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline Reptile

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 16:32:31 »
I just ordered this guy.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 38365[/ATTACH]

Very hard to find. I ordered it from two different websites and they refunded me saying out of stock. Hopefully 3rd times a charm :-)

More info:http://www.ozonegaming.com/product.php?id=17
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline keyboardnoob

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 17:56:01 »
Quote from: Reptile;497070
I just ordered this guy.
(Attachment Link) 38365[/ATTACH]

Very hard to find. I ordered it from two different websites and they refunded me saying out of stock. Hopefully 3rd times a charm :-)

More info:http://www.ozonegaming.com/product.php?id=17

That looks good!

seems to be pretty thick as well, will definitively consider it.

edit: It's in the uk, oh well the search continues.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 January 2012, 18:33:02 by keyboardnoob »
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline posthaste

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 21:23:43 »
Another convert ... making progress. :)

Quote from: TheProfosist;496827
Just got my C4 NGen Mousepads. I got a great deal on Blemished ones. I love the mosepads definitely one of the slickest and nicest surfaces that I have ever used. Im now thinking of getting some steel or aluminum and having them cover that.

Offline Reptile

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 22:16:16 »
Quote from: keyboardnoob;497142
That looks good!

seems to be pretty thick as well, will definitively consider it.

edit: It's in the uk, oh well the search continues.

I'm in USA.

http://www.directron.com/ozglxt.html

Choose usps for shipping its cheaper than ups (default)

Plus they take paypal
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline keyboardnoob

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 23:20:50 »
Quote from: Reptile;497285
I'm in USA.

http://www.directron.com/ozglxt.html

Choose usps for shipping its cheaper than ups (default)

Plus they take paypal

I was interested in the large one ( ground level evo ), but they dont seem to be selling it.
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 24 January 2012, 15:45:19 »
I dont see thick as a good thing (at least regarding mousepads)
RF-87UW