Author Topic: Question about CST LTrac operation  (Read 1592 times)

Offline nm156

Question about CST LTrac operation
« on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 11:48:27 »
Hi everyone,

Today I noticed that Massdrop is offering a group buy deal on the CST LTrac Trackball and am considering whether to join.

I have a couple question regarding operation of the trackball, specifically, how far is the ball recessed into the body? Does anyone feel it to be too far recessed, or enough to detract from its operation?

Currently I use the Kensington Expert mouse and really like it with a few exceptions. The ball itself however is very 'open,' nearly half is visible from the body. This allows me to smoothly operate the ball using all four fingers with minimal hand repositioning. Of course the Ltrac has selectable DPI settings, which would mitigate the amount of movement required, but having grown up with low-DPI mice I've become accustomed to more movement.

As another reference point, I also own an Itac Mouse-track industrial trackball. It has nice solid construction and fairly smooth ball operation, but the ball is recessed too far into the body to be useful.

I'd be interested to hear opinions from anyone having experience with one of the above mice.