Which profile this set should be?

DCS (standard filco-like caps)
38 (43.7%)
DSA (low spherical)
22 (25.3%)
SA (tall spherical)
27 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: [IC] ALL NEW Midnight SA set  (Read 167770 times)

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
Re: Midnight set
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 06:14:40 »
There are at the very least 6 fake votes for DCS.

What people do.... :'(
No need to make clone id just for vote :rolleyes:

but 30-6, DCS still win :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 06:43:16 »

That's how it's like with DCS lovers, they cheat to death on everything in their lives  ::) .  If the DCS numbers sway you Matt3o, then I would like to see how many front up with the payments.......

I sure hope this GB goes through, whether it's DCS, DSA or SA because the colours, graphics and layout are too good to ignore (but DCS is a non starter for me personally  :( ).

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 06:56:09 »
It sounds insulting huh?
I am not a dcs lover as I do love retro set, but for this midnight set. Honestly imo it would looks better on dcs than SA profile.
I felt ashame of the fake votes but let's minus the fake votes and continue the votes. I believe dcs profile has more votes in the end. :)

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 07:09:54 »

That's how it's like with DCS lovers, they cheat to death on everything in their lives  ::)If the DCS numbers sway you Matt3o, then I would like to see how many front up with the payments.......

I sure hope this GB goes through, whether it's DCS, DSA or SA because the colours, graphics and layout are too good to ignore (but DCS is a non starter for me personally  :( ).

This tho, as much as I don't want it in SA profile, I don't mind to miss it, but I really wonder how many of sets will the one faking the vote be buying.  :))

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 07:13:28 »
Honestly imo it would looks better on dcs than SA profile.

Have you got both profiles in front of you this very minute?

The spherical matches perfectly with every graphic that Matt3o has designed for this key-set and the SA profile is heavy duty.  The DCS is common junk available everywhere and the thin plastic ABS walls lends itself to damage quite easily (at least when I use it).

The SA is for heavy duty use and that is why the profile wins hands over the DCS thin-walled rubbish.  Besides I've got dozens of DCS's sitting in boxes from various Group Buys, over the years, and only have one SA profile currently in use.  I love the SA profile.  Once you have it installed into your Cherry board and/or Filco you will soon realize that this profile is the clear winner.

Don't rely on some newly appointed-noob perception on what an SA is 'possibly' like, you need to own it and use it before you start sprouting rubbish about your so-called opinions here on Geekhack.  Everyone seems to run in a pack looking for popularity but life isn't like that.  Find out for yourself before blindly following some moron's recommendation with what an SA profile might look/feel like, because the photos do not do justice to this amazing profile.

Know what an SA profile feels like before condemning anything and the only way you would know is when it's sitting in front of you.  Don't comment about anything unless you have it.  Otherwise it's just imagination, and that's better left for bed time or a fresh spliff  ;) .
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 January 2014, 07:33:42 by Elrick »

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 07:22:04 »
I agree SP SA is superior to SP DCS.

The good news is that if we go DCS we could use cherry fonts (at least I hope)

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 07:39:13 »
Honestly imo it would looks better on dcs than SA profile.

Have you got both profiles in front of you this very minute?

The spherical matches perfectly with every graphic that Matt3o has designed for this key-set and the SA profile is heavy duty.  The DCS is common junk available everywhere and the thin plastic ABS walls lends itself to damage quite easily (at least when I use it).

The SA is for heavy duty use and that is why the profile wins hands over the DCS thin-walled rubbish.  Besides I've got dozens of DCS's sitting in boxes from various Group Buys, over the years, and only have one SA profile currently in use.  I love the SA profile.  Once you have it installed into your Cherry board and/or Filco you will soon realize that this profile is the clear winner.

Don't rely on some newly appointed-noob perception on what an SA is 'possibly' like, you need to own it and use it before you start sprouting rubbish about your so-called opinions here on Geekhack.  Everyone seems to run in a pack looking for popularity but life isn't like that.  Find out for yourself before blindly following some moron's recommendation with what an SA profile might look/feel like, because the photos do not do justice to this amazing profile.

Know what an SA profile feels like before condemning anything and the only way you would know is when it's sitting in front of you this very minute.  Don't comment about anything unless you have it.  Otherwise it's just imagination, and that's better left for bed time or a fresh spliff  ;) .

What you said was clearly based on your opinion, saying how DCS is rubbish, it's like saying one should cherish Cherry more than Topre because Topre is crap, and like we've mentioned before, this is all up to preference, both are good, and perfect, but in the end it's all up to preferences.

I prefer DSA over DCS, but since I have an MX clear board, it'd be hell to own a DSA keyset, I have already broken a few stems on the keycaps, oh and you mentioned don't rely on newly-appointed noobs, but what you're doing right now is no different than them isn't it?

Let them vote what they want, I know that you know which profile is good and perfect, but it's their money.

Easiest way to settle this though, why not have a groupbuy for SA set and DCS set together, like how Bunny is doing it for his groupbuy?

Offline justnits

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 07:45:03 »
so much controversy in this set  :eek:

but anyway, as much as i love the colour theme for this set, if it's in SA, it's going to be a miss for me :(
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 07:46:06 »
Easiest way to settle this though, why not have a groupbuy for SA set and DCS set together, like how Bunny is doing it for his groupbuy?

link?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 07:48:24 »
I think only hyperfuse did that, and Bunny was forced to eat a bunch of additional expenses because it was hard to get enough orders for each profile to be cost effective. He ran DSA and DCS.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 08:18:04 »

link?
https://ctrlaltgroupbuy.com/buys/hyper-fuse-dcs
https://ctrlaltgroupbuy.com/buys/hyper-fuse-dsa

that's the link that Bunny do 2 profile together

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 09:13:51 »
I'd prefer to run 2 GBs at at least 1 month distance.

Offline justnits

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 10:00:31 »
I'd prefer to run 2 GBs at at least 1 month distance.

when is the first gb expected to begin?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 10:35:53 »
depends on SP. I hope beginning of February

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 12:26:24 »
will the RGB mods also include 1.5x CTRL and ALT?
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 13:12:29 »
will the RGB mods also include 1.5x CTRL and ALT?

yes. look at the latest design in the prev page

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 22:02:32 »
I prefer DSA over DCS, but since I have an MX clear board, it'd be hell to own a DSA keyset, I have already broken a few stems on the keycaps, oh and you mentioned don't rely on newly-appointed noobs, but what you're doing right now is no different than them isn't it?

I've got MX Clears as well hence I tried using the DCS's on them already and sure enough they crack like cheap packets of crisps.  I now only use SA profiles because they are built firmer and with more plastic per key, so far no chips, cracks or splits in any key regardless of how many times I remove each key from any MX switch.  Through my own experience I had to find out what worked and what failed - and the DCS is a major fail due to SP's very frugal use of plastic in their outdated moulds.

Let them vote what they want, I know that you know which profile is good and perfect, but it's their money.

It would be good if 'these' people have already bought DCS's and SA's and used them side by side in various keyboards BUT unfortunately the majority 'voting' here are utter noobs and probably only have one keyboard in front of them.  Democracy in the real world only works if everyone is thoroughly informed about which course to take (nowadays that doesn't happen) hence to rely on uninformed/ignorant people to make a serious decision - is asking for strife.

Matt3o's design should be put out there for everyone to appreciate, but if it ONLY goes on cheap DCS's the noobs get what they want, but it will only be them and no one else.  The informed will spend their money elsewhere and over time his original design fades into obscurity because the uninformed plebs had made it so.

Maybe the noobs don't want to spend any extra money then the DCS is right up their alley - perfect for the "Cheap-bastards", they should be proud at least for supporting SP's continued profit margins with an old cheap-arse profile  :)) .
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 January 2014, 22:06:03 by Elrick »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 01:33:28 »
Elrick, I don't think you're doing yourself a favor by calling everybody who doesn't like SA profile a noob. Keycap profiles are all about personal preference. You happen to like SA while others might not. Both profiles have advantages and disadvantages concerning durability, tactility, typing comfort etc.

@ Matt3o

Although I prefer the DCS profile with Cherry legends for this set myself, I don't think you should read too much into the poll.

After all many people will vote but not commit to buying a set when the GB actually starts. There are many factors that influence whether people will or can join a GB.

If you think SA is the better profile then go for it! Worst thing that could happen is you don't get enough orders and have to cancel the GB. You could still re-start it in DCS then  :thumb:

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 02:13:00 »
thanks LechnerDE, the poll is just to get an idea of people preference. Considering that there are 6-10 fake DCS votes, DCS and DSA are basically tied.

@Elrick

don't be so extremist :) DCS has its value. The problem is SP quality that is definitely higher on SA than it is on DCS.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 January 2014, 02:14:32 by Matt3o »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:12:09 »
thanks LechnerDE, the poll is just to get an idea of people preference. Considering that there are 6-10 fake DCS votes, DCS and DSA are basically tied.

@Elrick

don't be so extremist :) DCS has its value. The problem is SP quality that is definitely higher on SA than it is on DCS.

You should know me by now, "extremist" is my middle name  :thumb: .

It's your Group Buy buddy, if 'they' want DCS then you shall bestow upon them their desire.  Just make sure you collect all the money they promised to hand over to you.  One thing 'noobs' like to do - is make promises then disappear (you know what I mean  ;) ).

I know many just want "Cherry-styled" key-sets but that can ONLY be delivered via GMK or maybe BSP.  I have them as well, and you've never seen such HIGH quality key-caps made out of ABS than what these Germans make.  I can understand how valued they are amongst the hardcore enthusiasts.  Currently typing on some spare NEW Sherryton's Dolch's and it's near enough to perfection.

A shame that majority here think that SP's DCS is the next best thing if they can't get an original GMK set....... it's not even close, not even a shadow of what GMK casts upon the key-cap scene.  I just wish everyone could/would be able to purchase these babies at the same price SP charges for their DCS, then you'll know what I'm talking about when it comes to comparing super high quality Cherry Profile verses DCS.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:23:12 by Elrick »

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:35:22 »
I'd like to make this SA just because of the fake DCS votes. Anyway worry not, if the first round is successful we will have both profiles anyway

Offline justnits

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:41:49 »
if u r running SA first and didn't get the expected numbers, will u still be running DCS?
| | | |

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:51:49 »
I was just kidding, I can't ignore the poll. Also we had a lot of SA lately, I'm more than happy to start with DCS profile and do a SA version later.

I'll post an updated DCS screenshot later, with lower case letters. It's very nice actually.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:54:09 »
Is DCS SP different with filco? :)
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 04:10:57 »
Is DCS SP different with filco? :)

Yes, the Filco caps are OEM profile which means they are a little higher than DCS profile.

Offline justnits

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 04:51:29 »
I was just kidding, I can't ignore the poll. Also we had a lot of SA lately, I'm more than happy to start with DCS profile and do a SA version later.

I'll post an updated DCS screenshot later, with lower case letters. It's very nice actually.

man...i was hoping u'd do SA first and then DCS so that i have time to recover my wallet lol :))
| | | |

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 06:41:02 »
DSA would be insta-buy for me. Never tried SA though. Are they Filco/OEM height? If so that wouldnt be that bad.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 06:42:53 »
DSA would be insta-buy for me. Never tried SA though. Are they Filco/OEM height? If so that wouldnt be that bad.

SA is even higher than OEM, but way thicker. Think of it as the Hulk among keycaps :p

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 07:28:19 »
I'd like to make this SA just because of the fake DCS votes. Anyway worry not, if the first round is successful we will have both profiles anyway

I think even if you host the groupbuy in SA profile, people would still buy them, I wouldn't because I really don't like tall profile keycaps, despite it's "quality" better than the others. Don't forget this is Wallethack.  :thumb:

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 13:12:09 »
lowercase DCS layout

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 13:14:59 »
lowercase DCS layout

Show Image

OHHH...use the cherry font :D
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 16:30:58 »
don't know if possible... but would be nice

Offline kekkon

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 19:39:17 »
lowercase DCS layout

Show Image

In my opinion,  think this set looks  a lot better.  :thumb:

Offline justnits

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 19:55:44 »
any chance for a centre stem stepped capslock matt3o?  :p
| | | |

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 02:05:43 »
depends on pricing

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 11:55:01 »
This has been sent to SP for review.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 11:58:05 »
That set looks sharp! I'm looking forward to the SA run :D.

Offline justnits

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 19:04:42 »
This has been sent to SP for review.

Show Image

i'm excited to see the centre stem stepped capslock in the base kit! :D

but i noticed that there isn't a stepped capslock for the tsangan kit...will the kit have off-centre stepped capslock?
just want to clarify...
| | | |

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:07:30 »
That set looks sharp! I'm looking forward to the SA run :D .

Same here, just waiting for the SA run as well  :thumb: .  Could also go for the DSA if he chooses it.

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:58:49 »
All stepped keys are off center I believe (unless there's a proper request for center stem stepped key)

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:59:23 »

Same here, just waiting for the SA run as well  :thumb: .  Could also go for the DSA if he chooses it.

Take the macross set now, and wait for SA in a month or so :)

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 02:05:36 »
You've come up with some fantastic sets, Matt3o.
I want them all.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline CatNip :3

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 02:07:38 »
Ohhhhhh! This is sweet! This would be great with a black case and a teal plate (or vice versa). :D

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #193 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 02:30:31 »
You've come up with some fantastic sets, Matt3o.
I want them all.

Welcome to Wallethack.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 02:33:39 »

Take the macross set now, and wait for SA in a month or so :)

Which one of your sets are going to be DSA?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:30:22 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:33:37 »
Macross set is DSA http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=52615.0

Thanks.

I thought I read that one was going to be SA?
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:49:58 »
I believe that has always been DSA, but don't trust my leaky memory :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #198 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 03:54:25 »
Wow! Can't believe Midnight attracts me so much!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 04:06:46 »
Wow! Can't believe Midnight attracts me so much!

It does look really good. I just wish it was going to be DSA.  By the votes most people want it either DCS or SA.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More