Author Topic: O-Rings of various thickness and softness [Group Buy]  (Read 61991 times)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
O-Rings of various thickness and softness [Group Buy]
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 16 January 2012, 17:29:00 »
Quote from: jellowiggler;491902
As this is concluding, please don't forget to update itrader ratings on GH and anyone who has a heatware profile.

Quote from: cix;491931
btw, my heatware is cixx79. Thanks!

this is a group buy, not something i'm personally selling. the prices were from quotes i received, plus the two way shipping costs added on. so whatever you bought, it's directly from the manufacturer, i'm just distributing it. with that said, i don't think getting a feedback score applies for group buys, but i suppose if you request it i can give feedback both on heatware and GH itrader once i ship everything out

for those that participated in other past group buys, is this something regularly done, or does the feedback/itrader system apply only for the classified section?

cix, heatware is a good feedback system outside of ebay though, because it's the same feedback account that can be used no matter what forum you go to.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 January 2012, 17:31:40 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 17 January 2012, 13:55:06 »
UPDATE: complete order is processed, they started making the custom o-rings. i already received some of the first half of the order i placed on friday, so i'll start shipping out for people that ordered pack A

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 11:40:57 »
Thanks for all the diligence and updates on this gb :)

Offline jellowiggler

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 16:36:28 »
Indeed.  Well done.  Very smooth.
Mike -jellowiggler-
Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless / Rosewill RK-9000 / IBM Model M 1391401 / Logitech DiNovo Edge / MS Sidewinder X4

Offline devouringone3

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 01:20:01 »
Dang I missed that! I am not often on geekhack but if somebody do the same groupbuy in the future I would take one pack of each. Thank you I receive an e-mail when someone PM me on geekhack, I would really enjoy less noise for my cherry switches.

Offline OkGold

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 07:21:14 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;492672
UPDATE: complete order is processed, they started making the custom o-rings. i already received some of the first half of the order i placed on friday, so i'll start shipping out for people that ordered pack A

thanks! what a cool group order, thank's again! can't wait to try them!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 09:15:11 »
Quote from: devouringone3;493847
Dang I missed that! I am not often on geekhack but if somebody do the same groupbuy in the future I would take one pack of each. Thank you I receive an e-mail when someone PM me on geekhack, I would really enjoy less noise for my cherry switches.

I am pretty sure there will be a round2, so that the people who ordered the "sample" pack can get what they want with that.

Offline devouringone3

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 21:26:58 »
Quote from: dorkvader;494016
I am pretty sure there will be a round2, so that the people who ordered the "sample" pack can get what they want with that.

I hope so!

But in all truth I have to tell you guys that I could pass on my full order to Whitefirephoenix who have bought a tad more than strictly what was demanded, and that this was enough for me to... to buy for 75$ of o-rings!

Hahahaha hahahaha, muhahaha, no one can beat me!

Offline devouringone3

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 21:27:37 »
Quote from: dorkvader;494016

I hope so!

But in all truth I have to tell you guys that I could pass on my full order to Whitefirephoenix who have bought a tad more than strictly what was demanded, and that this was enough for me to... to buy for 75$ of o-rings!

Hahahaha hahahaha, muhahaha, no one can beat me!

Offline metafour

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 20 January 2012, 00:16:10 »
Thanks for doing this!

I got my first keyboard today and can't wait to try these out.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 20 January 2012, 17:48:22 »
UPDATE: I just got another shipment in. If you ordered pack A, E, F, G (or any of these combinations) with a sample pack, I can ship out what's available right now if you pay the $1 postage cost. Then the sample pack and packs B, C, D, H will ship out again in 2-3 weeks when they finish. I can't put together the sample packs yet with half of the different O-rings still missing. If you ordered A, E, F, or G without the sample pack, I'll automatically ship out your stuff in the next day or two.

I will send a PM of this to all those that apply, in case you don't constantly check this thread for updates.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 21 January 2012, 03:58:15 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;495189
UPDATE: I just got another shipment in.

I will send a PM of this to all those that apply, in case you don't constantly check this thread for updates.

Looking forward to receiving a pack.  Thank you so much for this Group Buy.

Offline Vornath

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 21 January 2012, 23:35:47 »
Received Pack A (105) x 6 in New York on Saturday.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 January 2012, 23:45:54 by Vornath »

Offline cix

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 00:51:45 »
I got my 2 pack A's, thanks for organizing this GB, I'm sure if this gets rebooted, I'll get more.

Offline metafour

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 00:58:40 »
I'm hoping my pack A comes tomorrow since it seems everyone else got theirs.

Got mine today, January 23rd. What method/process are people using to put these on?
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 January 2012, 22:27:55 by metafour »

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 17:28:48 »
received my 70a rings :) thanks man!

Offline Changdrew

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 17:59:54 »
Got my pack A today.
CM Quickfire Rapid | Filco Majestouch 2 | Filco Linear R | Poker

Offline Disposable Hero

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 18:13:22 »
Shoot I missed out on this, how do I get my name in the hat for a pack of A's??? :noidea:

Offline Forin

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 18:27:46 »
I missed that group buy. Hope that there will be next soon. ;)
Ducky DK1087 MX Brown, Filco MJ1 Tenkeyless MX Blue, CM Storm MX Blue

Offline sordna

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 21:02:49 »
Quote from: Disposable Hero;499039
Shoot I missed out on this, how do I get my name in the hat for a pack of A's??? :noidea:

You can get 40A o-rings from wasdkeyboards.com, they would be similar to the A's offered here.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline artee

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 08:21:37 »
Received mine today! Thanks for the GB!

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 11:46:39 »
Would like to mention that I've tried both the 40a (wasd), 50a (mcmaster carr), and 70a (this group buy), and the 70a is the only ring that I've used that didn't change the feeling of the key hitting bottom. 40 and 50a are almost no difference in feeling, but the 70a is surprisingly more stiff. Unfortunately because of how it reduces the travel on the key itself (and I feel ergo clears need a little more breathing room to better feel the tactile bumps), I'm not using them. They'll come in handy elsewhere though :)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 19:22:28 »
UPDATE: I just received shipment for packs B, C, and the rest of E. Looks like they saved the hardest for last (pack D and H), right sordna? Looks like you'll be the last one to get a complete order ^_^

Offline 443330

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 22:42:06 »
oh goody, getting closer.

Offline sordna

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 23:03:42 »
It's ok, I can wait. How many folks ordered pack D and H ? It would be interesting to post order statistics. Also, did you order any extras for folks that missed out?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 23:29:17 »
Quote from: sordna;501296
It's ok, I can wait. How many folks ordered pack D and H ? It would be interesting to post order statistics. Also, did you order any extras for folks that missed out?

I've got all the time in the world.........  Just take it easy and send the O-rings when ever you like.  I'm not going to put the hard word on when I will get it, but WhiteFireDragon has gone the utmost in providing high-quality O-rings for the likes of us here at Geekhack.

I for one, am very glad to know this person, and will always be buying more stuff from him.

Offline Gus.s

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 01:11:18 »
Got mine today. Thank for the group buy.

Offline YiL

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 02:40:46 »
Still open or closed?

Or any orders left?

Gr.

Offline Glockateer

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 13:15:43 »
I got my G packs today. Thanks.

Offline bastii

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 08:50:12 »
got mine today. thanks

Offline AtL

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 11:05:56 »
Got mine. Thx!
KBC Poker

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 14:22:19 »
Mine arrived. Thank you WhiteFireDragon!

Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 14:25:37 »
Quote from: sordna;501296
only 5 people ordered H, and 7 people ordered D. Pack A had the most by far, about 40 packs. Minimum order for each type was 500 O-rings, which had no problem hitting. I had to order extras for all of them because most people wanted sample packs. There's about 1 extra pack for all of them, F and G has a few extra packs, and pack A has the most extra since they are the most popular.

Quote from: Elrick;501302
I've got all the time in the world.........  Just take it easy and send the O-rings when ever you like.  I'm not going to put the hard word on when I will get it, but WhiteFireDragon has gone the utmost in providing high-quality O-rings for the likes of us here at Geekhack.

I for one, am very glad to know this person, and will always be buying more stuff from him.
Your stuff shipped last week so you should get it sometimes this week if you haven't already gotten it. And thanks for the kind words ^_^

Quote from: AtL;504225
Got mine. Thx!
I'm very surprised that you got it just now, yours was one of the first ones that shipped out.

Offline jonnybastard

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 23:00:01 »
Got my pack of A's yesterday thanks heaps, they're soo much better than the one's I was able to source locally!
KMAC    -    HHKB Type-S    -    Filco TKL LineaR    -    Poker X    -    KBT Race LE

flickr

Offline jellowiggler

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 01:22:56 »
Got mine today up in calgary.

This was a nice gb! Quick, well run, fast payments and shipping.
Mike -jellowiggler-
Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless / Rosewill RK-9000 / IBM Model M 1391401 / Logitech DiNovo Edge / MS Sidewinder X4

Offline 443330

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 01:26:15 »
Mine hasn't even been posted yet :c waiting for all the o rings for the sample pack I guess.

Offline snarlingchicken

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 01:43:16 »
Eager to get mine in! :P Kinda regret ordering the sample pack since I'm the impatient type but oh well! For those with pack A who have never used O-rings before, how did they feel for you guys?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 02:02:53 »
Quote from: 443330;506138
Mine hasn't even been posted yet :c waiting for all the o rings for the sample pack I guess.

Quote from: snarlingchicken;506142
Eager to get mine in! :P Kinda regret ordering the sample pack since I'm the impatient type but oh well! For those with pack A who have never used O-rings before, how did they feel for you guys?

You guys didn't see the update? I also sent PMs to everyone that it applies to. I basically said I got some half of the shipment already, and I'm willing to ship it early as long as you pay for postage ($1). That's how half the people on the list already received their complete or partial orders already. I sent out this "early shipment" either the same day or day after payment. The rest of the shipment will go out again when I get everything, at no addition cost. I'll just automatically ship it out. Check your inbox again, and here is also the update I posted in this thread:

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?25714-O-Rings-of-various-thickness-and-softness-Group-Buy&p=495189&viewfull=1#post495189

Offline 443330

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 02:10:51 »
Ah, missed that. Anyway how much longer are we looking at for the rest to be sent?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 02:23:54 »
I'm guessing I should get the rest in a few days, a week max. I ship stuff out either same day or day after, and it takes another 1-3 days for you to receive them if you're in CONUS, or about a week if you're international.

Offline 443330

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 02:28:32 »
Awesome so 2 weeks or less. I'm excited.
Also would you have any clue as to why when I remapped my KBC Poker so my Caps lock should act as an Escape it did not work?
I went into the registry at  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
and created a new binary value called Scancode Map with what I believed to be the relevant scan code values but nothing changed, even after I rebooted :c

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 15:31:07 »
Got my pack A a little over a week ago now (shipped rather fast actually). If you do another round I'd definitely be up for more packs for any future keyboards I get.

Offline CanadaRox

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 18:33:35 »
Got my pack F yesterday for my Poker with reds and it feels amazing.  The reduction in travel makes it feel much less mushy with a softer bottom out sound and almost not change in how it feels to bottom out (other than it is sooner).  Looking forward to the samples so I can decide if I want to get anything for my browns.  Thanks for the awesome group buy!
Das Keyboard | KBC Poker | Phantom [WIP]

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 04:58:28 »
My Pack-E's arrived today.  So happy in getting them.

WhiteFireDragon has surpassed my level of service.  He has indeed provided a product that is very needed on this forum and I am glad to have him here to provide everyone with even more great stuff.

Thanks so much.......

(P.S. Have already left very positive feedback for you......)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2012, 05:04:38 by Elrick »

Offline snarlingchicken

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 04:36:43 »
Just wondering, would it be possible to just cancel my order for a sample pack and instead use that $1 for the expedited shipping? :3 I don't think I'll have much use with the sample pack anyways.

Offline Gascogne

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 08 February 2012, 06:16:31 »
Still possible to order some O-rings?

Would like to have the same ones you have in your short review, I also used to have logitech lowprofile keys. ;)
-> O-Ring mod: dampen noise and shorten bottoming-out distanc
"while the larger ones has an outer diameter of 6/16" (9.52mm) and a thickness of 3/32" (2.38mm)"

It is pack E?

pack E: nearly no bottom-out noise, max key travel reduction $20
40A, 3/16 ID, 3/8 OD, 3/32 W

*120 count pack

Offline resis

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 12:46:15 »
I received my Pack A this week. Many thanks to WhiteFireDragon.

I love how the keyboard feels with the rings. Over time the loud clacks became annoying and the hard bottom out almost painful to the finger tips over the course of long and hard, fast typing. With the rings the keyboard is more silent and there is less stress to the finger tips. I actually wonder why mech boards aren't designed like this from the get go.

Only drawback is that it does affect the backlighting, not for the smaller characters which are located at the top of the key (top if you look from above the keyboard, the function keys, etc), but for the larger letters which have the bottom part slightly darker, giving the letters some sort of a gradient. Not a big deal, but not great either.

Another drawback is, that clumsy me cracked the spacebar while removing it, right where the glowing logo is. :( But it's luckily not that much visible. Still, those keys are extremely fragile.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 22:31:27 »
Not sure what the hold up is with the last few O-rings types. I expected them to come by now, but still have not received it yet. Time to send some nag emails to get it done faster.

And to new orders and PM's, I already took care of all you guys :wink:. Let me know if I missed any PMs or shipments.

Offline 443330

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 22:33:19 »
;c Just my luck.

Offline Glockateer

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 15 February 2012, 10:04:05 »
I'm glad I paid the extra dollar to come early because I still haven't received my sample pack. : P