Author Topic: [IC] DSS Late Harvest | GB April 12 | Novelties Update  (Read 22231 times)

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
[IC] DSS Late Harvest | GB April 12 | Novelties Update
« on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 11:24:47 »

M65A by RAMA WORKS. Render by Misono. (Full Size)

DSS Late Harvest: Now in Group Buy!

Home Page: https://nopunin10did.com/dss-late-harvest/

Survey: https://forms.gle/WHoVVZ7qYHXCJ77f7

Discord: NoPunIn10Key

DSS Late Harvest is a custom keycap set in the DSS profile that combines a classic grey & white pairing with a muted, autumnal approach to vintage RGB mods. It consists of a large base kit that provides physical compatibility for a wide range of mainstream and exotic MX-compatible boards along with three child kits for additional color & language options.

DSS Late Harvest keycaps will be made with doubleshot ABS plastic and manufactured by Signature Plastics.

This keyset will be my second custom keyset GB (Group Buy), following the success of KAT Napoleonic. Misono (a.k.a. misononyan), who is currently preparing for her own SA Magica GB, created all renders for DSS Late Harvest and designed the deskmat.

MOLLY by TheKeyCompany. Render by Misono. (Full Size)

Vendors

The Group Buy for DSS Late Harvest is expected to run from April 12th to May 12th, 2021. Because DSS tends to have a faster manufacturing turnaround than many other popular keycap profiles, it is hoped that these keycaps will be shipped to most customers before the end of Autumn, though a more accurate estimate should be available before the Group Buy begins.

Estimated Prices & MOQ

The following represents the approximate prices planned for the kits. There have been some questions about the size of the base kit and its cost, so I want to share these earlier rather than later to emphasize that the set will be affordable. While these numbers are not final, they are based on actual quotes from Signature Plastics.

KitEstimated MOQEstimated US Price (USD)
Base Kit250135.00
Grey Kit10034.00
Spätlese Kit (NorDe)2519.00
Novelties Kit1009.00

Estimated prices exclude all taxes and shipping.

Kits & Contents

DSS Late Harvest will be sold as a base kit with three optional child kits. Using a combination of both popular and agnostic modifier legends, this base kit should provide wide physical compatibility with a large array of keyboard types, including Full-size, 1800s, Tenkeyless, 60-75%, Split/Alice, Ortholinear, 40%, and Ergodoxian.

Base Kit diagram (up-to-date as of 26 Feb 2021) (Full Size).Base kit Render by Misono (contents outdated) (Full Size).

Child Kits
Grey Kit (Full Size).Spätlese Kit (NorDe) (Full Size).Novelties Kit (Full Size).

The Grey Kit contains grey-colored versions of the accent-colored keys from base along with an additional R3 Stepped key with an agnostic legend.

The Spätlese Kit provides “NorDe” support. It provides the additional legends used by the the German, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Estonian, & Fareoese layouts. Spätlese, which literally means “Late Harvest” in German, is a wine grown along the western rivers of Germany. Legend has it that this wine’s invention came about by accident. A courier carrying orders from the Bishop of Fulda to begin the harvest was delayed by 14 days; the grapes succumbed to “noble rot” before the late harvest and yielded an unexpectedly good wine (Spätlese on Wikipedia).

The Novelties Kit for Late Harvest is intentionally small and should be priced very competitively.  The novelty designs are likely to be tweaked prior to production.

Obtaining Further Spacebars

The kitting for Late Harvest does not currently offer a distinct spacebar kit for alternative spacebar sizes. Signature Plastics does not currently manufacture convex spacebars in the DSS profile that are typically used in split and nonstandard keyboards. Because of the uniform nature of DSA and its structural similarity to DSS, concave DSA blanks are provided in the base kit as a reasonable alternative for several common sizes. If you require other sizes of bars, please refer to Signature Plastics’ own Pimpmykeyboard storefront, where a wider range of DSA blanks and DSA spacebars are regularly available.

More Renders
Below is a selection of the renders created for DSS Late Harvest.  All renders performed by Misono.  Further renders can be found the official home page of DSS Late Harvest on Wordpress.

Prime_E PCB by Prime Keyboards. Custom case design & render by Misono. (Full Size)Klippe S by Mekanisk with Boardwalk PCB by Shensmobile & MK Ultra. Render by Misono. (Full Size)

DSS Late Harvest on SP-111 by BlindAssassin111 and TheKeyCompany. Renders by Misono. (Full Size)DSS Late Harvest on SP-111 by BlindAssassin111 and TheKeyCompany. Renders by Misono. (Full Size)

DSS Late Harvest on Karina Rev 2 by Misono. Render by Misono. (Full Size)DSS Late Harvest on Ribbon. Keyboard design & render by Misono. (Full Size)

Color Standards & Honeywell Comparison
More
DSS Late Harvest Color Standards. Grey and white will be Signature Plastics’ stock colors GSZ and WA. The red, olive, and blue colors will be matched to RAL 8015, RAL 090 30 20, and RAL 260 30 20.  Colors shown in keyboard renders and diagrams should not be treated as accurate representations of final keycap colors. Manufacturer samples of the three custom colors will be checked against physical color decks of the RAL standards above. Be aware that some variation is always possible, and these colors are not guaranteed to be exact.

DSS Late Harvest has drawn some comparisons to Honeywell for the use of grey, white, and red. DSS Honeywell is an implementation of the classic Honeywell color scheme in DSS profile. It was produced by Prime Keyboards, and it consisted of a comprehensive kit for a variety of 40% keyboards. Below is a comparison of the two colorways’ specs.

About the DSS Profile
More
DSS is a keycap profile created by the company that would become Signature Plastics. It was designed in the mid-80s to meet the DIN standards (Deutsches Institut für Normung). While DSS was not initially very popular, it became the basis of the successful uniform DSA profile (Source).

Excerpt from the Signature Plastics DSS Family Specification.

DSS keycaps have spherical top surfaces nearly identical to those of DSA. However, as seen in the images above, the heights and angles of the top surfaces vary by row. The overall pattern of these heights and angles resemble Cherry profile, though in practice DSS feels quite different.

DSS Late Harvest will use an R3 bottom row, which matches the overall angle and height of the convex spacebars and is not as sharply angled as R4.

DSS keycaps are only available in ABS plastic. DSS tends to be more noticeably textured than other keycap profiles. The somewhat rougher feel of the caps may not be a common preference, but personally I find that texture quite enjoyable. The unique feel and sculpt of DSS make it one of my favorite keycap profiles, and I am excited about the possibility of more DSS group buys on the horizon.

About Rendering the DSS Profile
More
One of the reasons that DSS custom sets have been so sparse is that until recently, there wasn’t a way to render them in a reasonable fashion. The original DSS moulds had been created long enough ago that Signature Plastics haven’t been able to provide digital models and geometry for the profile. However, in the past year, DSS rendering has become possible using KeyV2.

KeyV2 is an open source project that uses OpenSCAD to generate keycap STEP files parametrically. As part of a collaboration with github user colegleason, I assisted with porting the Signature Plastics’ specifications for the DSS profile to KeyV2, and I used the tool to produce 3D models for most of the sizes of keycaps available for the profile.

Misono has been one of the first 3D artists to create renders using these often-difficult-to-work-with models. They are the best digital models of the DSS profile currently available, but it is important to note that they are still approximations. Likewise, the legends shown in renders are based on common text mods and alphas for DSA / DSS as manufactured by Signature Plastics, but they too contain several inaccuracies. For better examples of how DSS legends and keys look in reality, please check out the product listings DSS Dolch and DSS Tecla (note that Dolch uses a different bottom row than Late Harvest).

Home Page: https://nopunin10did.com/dss-late-harvest/

Survey: https://forms.gle/WHoVVZ7qYHXCJ77f7

Discord: NoPunIn10Key

Geekhack Banner

Add the following code to your profile signature if you want to help promote DSS Late Harvest!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://nopunin10did.com/dss-late-harvest/][img width=360 height=120]https://diplomacyvariants.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/dss-late-harvest-gh-banner.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 April 2021, 08:43:34 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Re: [IC] DSS Late Harvest
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 11:25:28 »
Reserved, but probably not used.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 11:47:03 »
Very nice! The only thing I'd like to see is an option to not have the coloured mods (though this will bump the price up a bit) and perhaps a less yellow and more green shift?

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 11:56:14 »
Very nice! The only thing I'd like to see is an option to not have the coloured mods (though this will bump the price up a bit) and perhaps a less yellow and more green shift?

1) I would never have guessed anyone would describe that olive color as being yellow. Fascinating.
2) I am going to look into the pricing on a child kit that would replace the accent color keys with the standard mod colors.

Offline Rossman360

• Montsinger
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 12:07:39 »
Love it! The colorway and profile seem in total harmony.

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 12:20:07 »
This is very clean, definitely interested! Do you plan on providing any novelties?

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 14:58:54 »
very nice!

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 15:14:57 »
This is very clean, definitely interested! Do you plan on providing any novelties?
It's under consideration.  What sort of novelties were you envisioning?

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 15:54:29 »
It's under consideration.  What sort of novelties were you envisioning?
I am by no means a designer, so honestly not really sure. Maybe follow the autumn/farmer theme? I'm not entirely famiilar with the tradition or if it's called anything specific, but maybe something in the area of the october-ish harvest festivities or whatever it is, with the pumpkins and other root vegetables, the baskets and the wagons, very orange/brown feel.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 22:25:50 »
Lovely colors, Signature Plastics and superb base kit.
I am interested!

Offline VXQN

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 03:56:43 »

1) I would never have guessed anyone would describe that olive color as being yellow. Fascinating.
2) I am going to look into the pricing on a child kit that would replace the accent color keys with the standard mod colors.

For clarity, this illustrates what I meant by "less yellow":

260751-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 January 2021, 04:06:36 by VXQN »

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 07:19:55 »

+1 on this. The accents look great but it would be nice to have the option of standard mods as well.

Offline acitrin

• https://acitrin.design/
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 14:50:10 »
Great job, NoPun! Really excited for this set! :)

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 20:17:23 »
This is incredibly tasteful. I already have something similar in Honeywell, so it's hard for me to justify this, but as others have indicated this seems to meld really well with DSS profile. A great set to demonstrate the profile.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 21:07:02 »
very interested to try dss, this looks great! stepped control would be nice to have, but would definitely buy as is  :thumb:

Offline ab042896

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 22:14:48 »
classy set, IMO this set is very distinct from Honeywell.

what is the possibility of F13 support, not sure if signature plastics has molds or not

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 07:56:07 »
classy set, IMO this set is very distinct from Honeywell.

what is the possibility of F13 support, not sure if signature plastics has molds or not

The agnostic legend “FIX” is included in the base set and looks quite nice in the F13 slot. I am considering adding an official F13 key to a child kit that would focus on requested aesthetic features (like grey versions of the colored keys).

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 07:58:38 »
very interested to try dss, this looks great! stepped control would be nice to have, but would definitely buy as is  :thumb:

I may include a stepped “FUNC” or “CODE” in an all-grey child kit; would that work?

Offline terryleeboring

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 08:10:06 »
I like this keycap so much, I hope to initiate a group purchase soon!

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 08:21:06 »
Colors are not for me, but I could see a LOT of people really digging this set. Good luck, friend!

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 12:18:45 »
I am very into this. Love DSS. Love that olive mod color (the rest are great too). I could do a board with just that olive color.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 14:16:21 »

I may include a stepped “FUNC” or “CODE” in an all-grey child kit; would that work?

certainly! stepped control/function/etc. are all about equal to me, just irks me to have to use caps lock

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 16:46:17 »
I am very into this. Love DSS. Love that olive mod color (the rest are great too). I could do a board with just that olive color.

The olive color definitely seems like a love-it-or-hate-it thing for many! I like how well it pairs with the rest of the colors, but there seem to be many who just dislike it outright.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 17:28:14 »
Absolutely loving this color way (though it seems many are finding it polarizing)! I would really like to see it in a KAM profile instead of DSS though.

Offline delet_d

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 18:25:28 »
love the olive. it pairs so well with the muted red to give an autumn leaves vibe

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 23:00:46 »
Absolutely loving this color way (though it seems many are finding it polarizing)! I would really like to see it in a KAM profile instead of DSS though.

Thanks! I don’t use a lot of uniform profile caps like DSA and KAM regularly, but that’s something I’ll keep in mind.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 22:41:31 »
We got a fantastic review today from MechMerlin!

And for the record, my hope is that the final price of the base kit will be closer to 130 USD plus shipping. I don’t have final official prices yet, though.

Sorry for letting this thread get so quiet!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 05:41:21 »
Will there be any changes to the kits?  I would love UK ISO in the base if possible.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 06:01:04 »
Will there be any changes to the kits?  I would love UK ISO in the base if possible.

That’s a possibility I’m considering.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 06:35:11 »

Great thank you and love the colours and design.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline herfalerf

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 19:40:14 »
The more I look at this, the more I like it.  It is just very soothing and warm.  This may be my first DSS set.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 23:41:04 »
I just caught this on MechMerlin's video and I absolutely love the colors. I'd definitely dip my toe into DSS with this set.

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 15:12:50 »

+1 for the ISO UK request, this set has a great colour scheme and it would be wonderful to add a DSS set to the collection.

Cheers,
 - bit-shifter

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 16:08:49 »
I am getting some kit quotes regarding ISO UK in base as well as F13 and R4 End.

I am also getting quotes for a Grey kit, a NorDe kit, and a small novelties kit.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 16:46:58 »
This is a very classical and pleasant colourway, very warm and autumnal, I like it more than I thought I would.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Re: [IC] DSS Late Harvest | GB April 12 - May 12
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 22:18:44 »
I need to update the initial post, but here are some quick notes.

New Vendors!

UK: Protozoa Studio
Singapore: HEX Keyboards
Chile: Fancy Customs
Ukraine: FunKeys

GB Dates!
April 12 - May 12

New Kits!
This is still a WIP, but I’m getting quotes for three child kits:
1) Grey mods (to optionally replace the colored ones in base)
2) NorDe support
3) Novelties

Now that we have an actual UK vendor attached, it’s very likely that UK ISO support will replace the US terminal ISO support currently in base.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
Re: [IC] DSS Late Harvest | GB April 12 - May 12
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 19:11:34 »
Great job, NoPun! Definitely interested in this set,
also would be the first DSS profile to buy!

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Re: [IC] DSS Late Harvest | GB April 12 | Updates
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 10:57:37 »
I have made several updates to both the Wordpress homepage and this Geekhack post.  In short, here's what's changed:

• The list of vendors was updated.
  • The contents of the base kit has been updated to include full UK support, F13, and R4 End.
  • Three child kits have been specified: Grey Kit, Spätlese Kit (NorDe), and Novelties Kit.
  • Estimated US prices (not final) have been posted.

If you haven't done so already, don't forget to visit the official homepage and fill out the survey!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
I have made several updates to both the Wordpress homepage and this Geekhack post.  In short, here's what's changed:

• The list of vendors was updated.
  • The contents of the base kit has been updated to include full UK support, F13, and R4 End.
  • Three child kits have been specified: Grey Kit, Spätlese Kit (NorDe), and Novelties Kit.
  • Estimated US prices (not final) have been posted.

If you haven't done so already, don't forget to visit the official homepage and fill out the survey!

Thank you for UK support in the base kit.  Much appreciated and I will be buying.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Another vendor to announce: I'm happy to share that KBDfans has joined on to be the China vendor for DSS Late Harvest!

Offline azzipa

love the olive! and i would love to see a shift colored Esc key if it’s not too late.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
love the olive! and i would love to see a shift colored Esc key if it’s not too late.

The novelties should get you something along those lines.

Offline azzipa

I saw that as a possibility. My problem is that novelties aren't my thing. I also resent being 'forced' to buy a kit for one key that typically is part of the base. So you do you, glwic/gb and I'll pass until I find something that better meets my needs.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key

I saw that as a possibility. My problem is that novelties aren't my thing. I also resent being 'forced' to buy a kit for one key that typically is part of the base. So you do you, glwic/gb and I'll pass until I find something that better meets my needs.

Fair enough, but for what it's worth, the novelties are intentionally inexpensive.  More importantly, though, the reason that accented Escape keys aren't part of the base is that this set is using an entirely different accent model from the standard Escape/Enter pattern.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 March 2021, 09:56:58 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline bas72

I absolutely love the color scheme. But being the noob that I am, I need to look into whether this will fit my upcoming keyboard. Work to do...

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
I absolutely love the color scheme. But being the noob that I am, I need to look into whether this will fit my upcoming keyboard. Work to do...

What board?

Offline bas72

What board?
Angel65! I think it would look awesome on the silver casing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key

What board?
Angel65! I think it would look awesome on the silver casing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It absolutely fits that board in its many possible configurations.  I've attached one potential layout mockup that would use Angel's WKL-style blockers and split backspace.

Offline bas72

I think it looks absolutely stunning. This will be the set I will use on my Angel! Thank you so much for taking the time to make a mockup!

Edit: typos
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 March 2021, 14:53:36 by bas72 »

Offline Benchiridion

Very interested, will probably pick up.