Author Topic: Portal Style Keyboard (Need Advice)  (Read 3256 times)

Offline telepete

• Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo.
Portal Style Keyboard (Need Advice)
« on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 19:55:12 »
This is a mod I've been thinking about recently. I got started today but I imagine it'll be a while before I can get the rest of the caps. I'll post some updates as the rest comes together. This first part will be useful for Rosewill owners who struggle with the board quality to logo ugliness ratio. I have discovered that a product called "Plasti Dip" does a really good job coating plastic. This stuff is more "rubber in a can" than it is paint. I find normal spray paints can easily look cheap or spray on uneven. Keep in mind that Plasti Dip is $25 per can where I live and it pretty much took a whole can of white to do the frame. Now with the frame coated I wanted to get the appropriate keys but I have come to a complete stop. Dye doesn't do a good job on keys most of the time (don't kid yourselves) and when it does, it doesn't last (seriously, don't kid yourselves). I'm going to order a black PBT set and I already have the correct yellow keys (in PBT). I'm having a hard time finding the necessary blue keys and I haven't even attempted to source the red ones yet. Hopefully I'll end up with all coloured  PBT on this board. I'll take any advice you guys have on the "Aperture" logo (where to get it, how to apply it etc.). I have no idea how I'm going to do it but obviously it'll go where the "Rosewill" was and not on the left like the keyboard from the game. So basically, "Where can I find some blue keys for a numpad?" and "How would you do the logo?"
Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?