Author Topic: Headphone Thread.  (Read 1312960 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: Headphone Thread.
« Reply #1950 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 03:16:08 »
They have returned, and they are glorious.  I used a bit of 2-part urethane to fill the cable/plug gap.
Show Image

I have no clue what I'm looking at right now but those colors are giving me a boner; I want it.

Those are my CIEMs.  JHAudio JH13pros with a custom cable made by your's truly.

Cable - cryo stranded OCC copper, handbraided with white/orange/red mdpc-x sleeving.  Yes, it's as pretentious as it sounds.  Yes, I do sell these through mimic-cables.

I mostly bring this up because of Mad Lust Envy's recent comments that the MA900 is very similar in overall sound signature to the HD650, albeit with a much more vast soundstage.

The HD650 is not an HD600, I know; it's even considered worse in many ways due to the sound signature changes. But if the HD600 still has the soundstage deficiency, I'd consider that a major disadvantage against the SR-Lambda, especially for gaming. Binaural mixes need some space to do their thing well.

The HD800, on the other hand...I'll have to try that set out at some point, but being a set that costs $1,000+ by itself and is expected to be used with dedicated amplification, that puts it in the "too damn expensive" region for my tastes. Yes, I say this even as a Stax owner; it's what keeps me on Lambda-series sets instead of stepping up to Omega-series ones. (And if need be, I can learn to live with just the MA900.)

Check out thecableco.com if you want to demo high end gear without paying full price.

5% of retail gets you a two week rental, so those hd800s cost ~$100 (you pay shipping both ways).  If you decide you don't want them, you send them back and can use that 5% as a credit for anything in their inventory (other headphones, amps (that you can rent, too), cables and the like.)

Had I not found a stellar deal on the lcd2 I'm waiting on, I'd have more first hand experience.  I may still rent a pair of hd800s, lcd-3s and some high end grados (I know, not a fair comparison, but grado has done me extremely well recently as a company).
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2013, 03:19:36 by tjcaustin »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1951 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 03:34:59 »
They have returned, and they are glorious.  I used a bit of 2-part urethane to fill the cable/plug gap.
Show Image

I have no clue what I'm looking at right now but those colors are giving me a boner; I want it.

Cable - cryo stranded OCC copper, handbraided with white/orange/red mdpc-x sleeving.  Yes, it's as pretentious as it sounds.  Yes, I do sell these through mimic-cables.

mfw I googled these and they turned out to be $1k in ear phones... I want them more now but I know I'll never own one :))

Also, I sure do love me my mdpc-x :D

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1952 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 12:42:04 »
Show Image

mfw I googled these and they turned out to be $1k in ear phones... I want them more now but I know I'll never own one :))

Also, I sure do love me my mdpc-x :D

They're singularly the second best thing I put in my ear next to q-tips to keep them clean to ensure proper sound and headphone maintenance.

The good thing about JH is they start at $400 for good sounding stuff and go from there. 

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1953 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 13:08:01 »
Ignore this post see botton reply
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1954 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 13:08:30 »
You shouldn't put q tips in your ear. Says so on the box

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1955 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 13:41:20 »
You shouldn't put q tips in your ear. Says so on the box

They're bastards bc they obviously designed them purely to be put in the ear but put that warning there just so they can't be sued lol.

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #1956 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 15:17:40 »
Check out thecableco.com if you want to demo high end gear without paying full price.

5% of retail gets you a two week rental, so those hd800s cost ~$100 (you pay shipping both ways).  If you decide you don't want them, you send them back and can use that 5% as a credit for anything in their inventory (other headphones, amps (that you can rent, too), cables and the like.)

Had I not found a stellar deal on the lcd2 I'm waiting on, I'd have more first hand experience.  I may still rent a pair of hd800s, lcd-3s and some high end grados (I know, not a fair comparison, but grado has done me extremely well recently as a company).
Hmmm, can't seem to find the rental option. Doesn't help that their headphone section link gives me a 404.

Still, I'd consider it. Only problem is, they don't stock 6N6P/ECC99 tubes that I could spend that store credit on, and I've considered possibly doing that mod to my SRM-T1 some time down the line to turn it into a quasi-SRM-600LTD.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1957 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 15:26:18 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1958 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 21:06:01 »
DT770S HERE I COME

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1959 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 18:28:31 »
Got a pair of used hd600 today.  Good sound, but in the back of my head, I'm thinking that I've heard better out of my he400 and know my jh13pros walk 'em.  But that last one is an unfair comparison.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1960 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 14:24:37 »
Got the $12 cushion headband pads I bought a while ago at eBay. They look nearly the same as the DT 770 pad in the pictures, but they're much softer (and probably easier to damage as well) IRL. HD565s are super comfy now¹, and it's definitely an improvement in case of SR60s too, although I haven't had comfort issues in this case (except for weird clamping with standard cushion).

¹ The original padding was in disgusting shape after 15 years of use, and new wasn't available anymore. I'm too lazy to try to make the HD600 pad fit...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1961 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 17:13:22 »
So I spent about 2 hours or so reading about replacing the stock ear pads on the ATH-M50's... oh man is there quite the debate on there :)) The pleather ear pads on the M50 are nice and soft but do tend to get quite warm, enough to be uncomfortable with long use. So, I've been looking for replacements and the best fits seem to be the Shure 840 and 940, and Beyerdynamic 250 velour ear pads. However, the biggest debate seems to revolve around the change in sound and how some of them make the bass too strong or too weak. It makes sense that the stock ear pads are designed to be the best sounding for the M50's but do you guys have any experiences and recommendations?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1962 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 17:27:59 »
Bass... too strong? Unpossible.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1963 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 17:32:29 »
Bass... too strong? Unpossible.

:)) Well, I think the majority of the problem came with losing most of the bass because of sound leaking with non pleather ear cushions. People were semi-remedying the situation by placing tape and what not on the insides of velour pads but removing the stock pleather earpads would ultimately mess with the right balance of sound because the M50's were designed to be closed-ear hp's.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1964 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 00:47:35 »
Well my Crossfade LPs are falling apart now so I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of ATH-AD900Xs and a Schiit Magni. I'd really like to try out some Grados, since their sound seems to be exactly what I'd like, but I'd like to get something that I can wear all day comfortably, so I'm a little unsure about how the Grados will feel. Something tells me this won't be the only pair of headphones I purchase in the near future, so I'm not too worried about it  :))

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1965 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 01:00:23 »
Well my Crossfade LPs are falling apart now so I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair of ATH-AD900Xs and a Schiit Magni. I'd really like to try out some Grados, since their sound seems to be exactly what I'd like, but I'd like to get something that I can wear all day comfortably, so I'm a little unsure about how the Grados will feel. Something tells me this won't be the only pair of headphones I purchase in the near future, so I'm not too worried about it  :))

Join the tour and try a pair of grados for a week, then!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1966 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 01:26:12 »

Join the tour and try a pair of grados for a week, then!

Totally forgot about the tour. Just posted in the thread  :)

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #1967 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 01:30:13 »
Grados are painful.  You need "around ear" headphones if you're going to wear them all day, not "on ear".

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #1968 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 05:00:14 »
There's a reason I don't look at supra-aural headphones...I can't stand anything touching my ears for long. For that matter, I don't see how anyone else can tolerate it for extended periods of time.

The Sony MA900 is a strange exception to this, probably because the main circumaural pad provides most of the support. If that pad ring were thicker, the cushion in front of the driver wouldn't even be touching my ears.

Also, here's some surprising impressions from the don of the Stax Mafia himself:

Quote from: spritzer
The first few times I heard the HD800 it was all off some opamp garbage and they sounded terrible.  Give them a good amp and they truly shine...

Prior to the HD800 there wasn't a whole lot of choice out there.  Never liked the R10 all that much (too bloody colored), the HP1000 is a one trick pony and the comfort is horrible, HD600 is astounding for the price but a bit dull and that was it really.  A SR-Lambda or LNS more than holds its own against all of those.

Even he doesn't think too badly of the HD600, albeit not good enough to compete with vintage Lambdas.

Obviously, your mileage WILL vary; nobody agrees on audio equipment past a certain point.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1969 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 12:24:40 »
Grados are painful.  You need "around ear" headphones if you're going to wear them all day, not "on ear".

I'm going to disclose this first:  I'm not trying to be combative and in fact, that's what I'm attempting to avoid in general with this infusion of headphone talk to geekhack.

Actual reply:

To/for *you*.  The sr225i that I have that are in the tour have the L-cushions and I have worn them for 8 hours continuously with no discomfort.  I'm all for people telling other people their experiences, but let's not get into "need to"s or "have to"s and what not for other people's listening experiences.  Sound is subjective enough without it.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1970 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 14:08:57 »
Accidently posted this in the Headphone Amp/DAC thread. But my question remains:

...speaking of Grados, does anyone have a good mod for L-cushion style pads? The L-cushions I bought sound better than the S cushions or comfies. But the S-cush/comfies were way more comfortable for me. I've washed both with hair conditioner to soften it. And then I turned the L-cushions inside out and put them on the cans. That seemed to work great but I'll have to try wearing them for a few hours. Was wondering if people had any other ideas though.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1971 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 17:52:58 »
People have tried L-cushions upside down or covered with some sort of tape, I don't think it changes comfort though. It's rather about the material. Personally, I like it more than S-cushion, because my ears don't get so hot then.

Sigh, I want to try G-cushion some day.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #1972 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 19:11:10 »
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1973 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 19:46:35 »
Pity the fact I have to decide which 2 of this pile I'm keeping.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #1974 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:08:53 »
Show Image

Came pretty close to getting a lcd-2 or he-500 myself, ended up deciding on an Alpha Dog instead. Still need to pick out an amp.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1975 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 20:15:53 »
Show Image

Came pretty close to getting a lcd-2 or he-500 myself, ended up deciding on an Alpha Dog instead. Still need to pick out an amp.

At one point, I was contemplating keeping the IEMs, one of the open back set in that pic and getting something closed like alpha or mad dogs.  Then focal put out the new spirit pro line and I have a soft spot for the focal sound in general.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1976 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 10:43:00 »
Show Image

Damn, son. just sell them all and get LCD-3s :P

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1977 on: Thu, 03 October 2013, 13:01:39 »
Show Image

Damn, son. just sell them all and get LCD-3s :P

you shut your mouth.

<4

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #1978 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 17:22:57 »
Well my Crossfade LPs are falling apart now
You need "around ear" headphones if you're going to wear them all day, not "on ear".
@PointyFox
I think that that kind of 'around-ear'/on-ear generalization is a little misleading -- I own HE-500s, HD600s, & M-80s, and by comparison, the non-clamping featherweight of the M-80s @ 187grams is welcome relief -- from either the heavy HE-500s (500grams) or the clamping HD600s (260grams) -- when I get up & am walking around after several hours with my desktop setup.  With a lot of the big open-back models, no matter how well-distributed the pressure, it still feels more like 'on-head' after several hours.  The only generalization about all-day comfort that I would take seriously is that you need to switch up where you're applying the pressure in the general vicinity of the ear.  And yes, of the three, the longest I can go with, by far, is the M-80s.

@Comrade
Your Crossfade LPs didn't have the Steelflex headband implemented in the M-80s or M-100s -- if you bought them from an authorized dealer, have you considered using the "Immortal Life" program to get a 40% off coupon for any other model?  It definitely sounds like you would be eligible, and either 'M' model would be a huge step up in SQ from the LPs.  I consider it V-Moda's biggest marketing blunder that people think the Steelflex band is solely for durability -- it's a huge, huge plus for fit adjustment/customization & clamp minimization.  Not many headphones have that degree of fit alteration built-in as a calculated design feature.  Anybody that tells you they can wear their Sennheiser HD6*0 all day long is probably leaving out the fact that they had to relieve the clamp by bending the metal in the sliding mechanism, which is always a risky way to adjust a headphone.

Offline raspiguy

« Reply #1979 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 17:37:55 »
At one point, I was contemplating keeping the IEMs, one of the open back set in that pic and getting something closed like alpha or mad dogs.  Then focal put out the new spirit pro line and I have a soft spot for the focal sound in general.
Aside from one extra open back set, that's the exact lineup I'm working towards -- already have the HE-500 and HD600+Crack, and now need the CIEMs and Alpha Dog.  Wondering what model/ kind of amp you liked using with your HE-500s?

Show Image

What amps are you deciding between for the Alpha Dog?  I've been interested since the announcement but haven't done much research yet on potential pairings.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #1980 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 18:45:12 »
What amps are you deciding between for the Alpha Dog?  I've been interested since the announcement but haven't done much research yet on potential pairings.

Ended up getting a Violectric V100 used for a couple hundred off retail. I'll tell you how well it plays with the dog.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1981 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 18:45:44 »
Aside from one extra open back set, that's the exact lineup I'm working towards -- already have the HE-500 and HD600+Crack, and now need the CIEMs and Alpha Dog.  Wondering what model/ kind of amp you liked using with your HE-500s?

Show Image

I use a schiit asgard with everything.  My line up now is JH13pros/dx50 for portable and lcd-2/asgard for home listening.  I've got a pair of focal spirit professionals, but not sure if they're staying yet or not.  They sound great, just a little small for my head.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
« Reply #1982 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 18:57:40 »
Got the k702s yesterday and got the balanced adapters to use with my nfb-10es2 today. Not really liking the k702s. Kinda bright with a wide, but somewhat incoherent soundstage. Mids could be better as well, and is slightly lacking in the bass department.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1983 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 19:01:25 »
Got the k702s yesterday and got the balanced adapters to use with my nfb-10es2 today. Not really liking the k702s. Kinda bright with a wide, but somewhat incoherent soundstage. Mids could be better as well, and is slightly lacking in the bass department.

k702s are stupid picky on source I've found and not the easiest to drive, either.  When everything lines up, I like them, but it's not the easiest of things to do.

Offline SNF

« Reply #1984 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:47:01 »
I've used

1)Sony-7506

-My go to headphones, good price, good peformance

2)Sennheiser 280

-Sound is good, price is good but comfort level isnt that great for me, hurts after a while

3)Sennheiser HD-25ii

-Super light and great sound quality, the price tag is heavy however  :(

Offline angelic_sedition

« Reply #1985 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 16:59:59 »
Rocking a pair of pro dj 100s right now. Not the best headphones, but they are great for the price and come with a lifetime warranty (I've already had them replaced for free once).
QWERTY(104wpm) -> CarpalxQ(modded) -> Colemak(118wpm) -> Colemak-DH
Mouse less.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1986 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 17:47:11 »
Lost my Shure SE 215K's over the weekend  :(

I am a pretty sad panda because of it.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #1987 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:18:41 »
Are the Audio Technica ATH-T400 any good? It's currently on massdrop with the lowest price at $36.99.
Any feedback on its performance would be nice =D
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1988 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:35:46 »
Are the Audio Technica ATH-T400 any good? It's currently on massdrop with the lowest price at $36.99.
Any feedback on its performance would be nice =D

They're alright, but for that price tier, I'd say http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2 or http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-A1000-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0033PROOY/ref=pd_rhf_gw_s_t_5 would be a better option

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1989 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 19:45:38 »
Got these 2 days back! Thanks Demik for the awesome price! After a couple hours of testing, I must say, these are pretty awesome! I'm not much of an audiophile, so I can't give any detailed or accurate comparisons, but compared to my ATH-M50, the soundstage on these are great! I was wanting something for gaming and movies, which the M50s weren't so ideal for, and the A900X definitely fits that bill.  I only own the Fiios E6 amplifier, so I probably haven't been able to test the A900X to it's maximum potential but even with these, they sound very satisfying. Still have a great amount of testing that needs to be done though!

Also, the wing system is perfect for my huge head!!! Feels so good. I also wish the pleather on the the ATH-M50 was as good as the one on the M50s :))

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 19:52:29 by VesperSAINT »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1990 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 01:24:04 »
I also wish the pleather on the the ATH-M50 was as good as the one on the M50s :))

I see...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1991 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 01:27:21 »
I also wish the pleather on the the ATH-M50 was as good as the one on the M50s :))

I see...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :)) :)) :))

Mistakes were made lolol. Sorry, meant to say I wish the pleather on the M50s were as good and remained as soft as the one on the A900X :))

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1992 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 02:15:45 »

I see...

Mistakes were made lolol. Sorry, meant to say I wish the pleather on the M50s were as good and remained as soft as the one on the A900X :))

As a note, the velour pads for the srh940 fit well on the m50s and didn't seem to mess with the sound.  Plus quite comfortable.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1993 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 02:24:32 »

I see...

As a note, the velour pads for the srh940 fit well on the m50s and didn't seem to mess with the sound.  Plus quite comfortable.

Ooo really? I do have it saved in my amazon wish list because I read they were probably the best substitute for the M50s. I spent like hours reading on head-fi 10's of pages of threads about replacement velour pads for the M50s without any real concrete answers anywhere. All of them said you lose significant amounts of bass, and even messed with mids. I'll take your word for it and buy me a set in the near future! Thanks! Good to hear this from first hand experience. This would make the M50s two times better because my only complaint with the M50s is the hardened pleather pads. They're already awesome as is but this fix will make them absolutely amazing. *rubs hands together*

Just to make sure, they fit easily and safely on them, right? I would hate to buy a set for $25-30 and have them rip on me because I'm stretching them on :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2013, 02:29:41 by VesperSAINT »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1994 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 15:42:37 »

I see...

Ooo really? I do have it saved in my amazon wish list because I read they were probably the best substitute for the M50s. I spent like hours reading on head-fi 10's of pages of threads about replacement velour pads for the M50s without any real concrete answers anywhere. All of them said you lose significant amounts of bass, and even messed with mids. I'll take your word for it and buy me a set in the near future! Thanks! Good to hear this from first hand experience. This would make the M50s two times better because my only complaint with the M50s is the hardened pleather pads. They're already awesome as is but this fix will make them absolutely amazing. *rubs hands together*

Just to make sure, they fit easily and safely on them, right? I would hate to buy a set for $25-30 and have them rip on me because I'm stretching them on :(

If anything, they're slightly loose.

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #1995 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 16:01:12 »
Hey guys, just combobreaking, I'm still 100% satisfied with my Sennheiser HD600 :)
Sound is cool and everything, but another cool advantage which doesn't really get recognized is: You can use them anywhere. They are very portable and don't break easily because some cable being stuck under some book or anything. Build quality is awesome. Plus: They are open headphones and nevertheless you dont hear a thing from the outside. My girlfriend sat beside me in the Inter City Express (German highspeed train), where it's extremely silent. She read a book and didn't even hear me blasting Metallica at full volume (not that this would mean a lot on an iPod touch, but you get the idea).
Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1996 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 16:46:05 »
Hey guys, just combobreaking, I'm still 100% satisfied with my Sennheiser HD600 :)
Sound is cool and everything, but another cool advantage which doesn't really get recognized is: You can use them anywhere. They are very portable and don't break easily because some cable being stuck under some book or anything. Build quality is awesome. Plus: They are open headphones and nevertheless you dont hear a thing from the outside. My girlfriend sat beside me in the Inter City Express (German highspeed train), where it's extremely silent. She read a book and didn't even hear me blasting Metallica at full volume (not that this would mean a lot on an iPod touch, but you get the idea).

I wanted to really like the hd600 for this reason.  They're light and comfortable, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as the he400s I had at the time, let alone the lcd-2 or mad dogs I have now.  OTOH, the mad dogs are very similar in terms of lightness and comfort, so I'd call it a wash.

Offline 127001

« Reply #1997 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 17:11:07 »
Figured I'd share these here since most of the time people don't know what they are.
Here are my UE11 Pro's:

I know they're decadent but they make working in a data-center an absolute pleasure.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2013, 17:13:05 by 127001 »

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
« Reply #1998 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 17:13:23 »
Figured I'd share these here since most of the time people don't know what they are.
Here are my UE11 Pro's:
Show Image

I know they're decadent but they make working in a data-center an absolute pleasure.

The predecessor to the uerm... nice!

Offline 127001

« Reply #1999 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 17:19:09 »
The predecessor to the uerm... nice!

They are awesome. Worth the cost. If these break someday I'll definitely spring for the UE 18's