Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 285953 times)

Offline Den441

Re: Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #700 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 03:03:17 »
Artisan is definitely my favorite. They treated me right in 2011 by sending me a couple Kai g2 prototypes. These were their old hard mats, they took a few years of abuse from me so now they are retired. Going for the white SHIDEN next.

Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #701 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 03:25:24 »
I still hate cleaning mousepads though.
Those white streaks ugh.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #702 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 10:36:35 »
Those white streaks ugh.

Since I have cats, I use these and find that they work well to keep them clean in general

Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #703 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:05:58 »
I use an Icemat, and I have to wipe it off basically every other second because if even just one molecule of anything attaches to the bottom of my mouse, it will feel and sound like finger nails scratching on a chalkboard.

But it's really pretty, so I can't stop using it.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #704 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 23:08:30 »
Those white streaks ugh.

Since I have cats, I use these and find that they work well to keep them clean in general

Show Image

I find that the white stuff is more than just skins cells, oil, grease and whatnot

I also lint roller and it doesn't really wor against the white streaks.

Maybe it's also just part of the mat itself sometimes. That or it just doesn't go away.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #705 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 04:24:01 »
I use an Icemat, and I have to wipe it off basically every other second because if even just one molecule of anything attaches to the bottom of my mouse, it will feel and sound like finger nails scratching on a chalkboard.

But it's really pretty, so I can't stop using it.

You have to remove the OLD plastic/teflon feet and replace it with fiber based feet.  It's like a material type of woven-fuzz which has adhesive that sticks easily to your mouse-bottom.

Then you can easily use your Icepad, that's what I've done with a G500 and it works beautifully regardless of how much dust, skin and bodily fluids exist upon it  ;) .

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #706 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 04:14:18 »
I use a steelseries 9HD. Helps me a lot as my table has many holes, and it allows me to glide faster too.
Have been using for about a year and a half now. Only drawback is you do not know whether it is dirty or not, and you can't really soak it in water as it is one of those hard mouse pads.

Offline usno_oj

« Reply #707 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 07:03:11 »
I currently have the Puretrak Stealth and the Razer Goliathus Speed (Medium)
Both cloth mousemats are great and track amazing.
Some things to consider: Puretrak doesn't have anti-fray stitching like the Goliathus, but it is thicker and also an inch wider.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #708 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 08:04:37 »
Qck+ no need for anything else.  Soft and huge, like my... uh nevermind.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #709 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:28:49 »
Qck+ no need for anything else.  Soft and huge, like my... uh nevermind.

You mean it should be HARD and STIFF like an ........... Icemat  8) .

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #710 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 09:51:09 »
Not all things are supposed to be hard and stiff… I mean, you're sexist!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #711 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:14:00 »
Been using an Artisan Hayate Soft for about ~1.5 months now. It's a wonderful mousemat and it just simply reaks of quality. I like it a lot more than my previous mousemats (QPAD CT, QCK Heavy, QCK Mass, Tekmat, Razer goliathus speed and Razer goliathus control). It doesn't move at all on my desk, the glide is great, it doesn't feel harsh to the touch, I just love it. Makes me want to try out other Artisan pads, though. :P
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #712 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 10:44:48 »
the hayate is among the best, you'll probably be disappointed with the others if you like the soft/smooth feel of it :p
Raiden would be the only one that is even smoother, but it's reaaaally fast and incompatible with a lot of mice.

Offline Jericho25

« Reply #713 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:11:13 »
Hey guys, new here!

Has anyone used/has experience with the Glorious Extended mouse mat?
http://www.pcgamingrace.com/collections/extended-mouse-mats/products/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-mat

It has some pretty good reviews on Amazon, but its cheaper on their website. It looks pretty similar to the Goliathus but only $14.99.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #714 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:18:19 »
Been using a Maxtill G2-Pad for over two months now and it's easily the best hard mousepad I've ever used. Fast, quiet, and smooth with just a hint of texture. Doesn't get cold like aluminum pads and doesn't get permanently dirty like textile pads. I'm super happy with it and look forward to years of use :]

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #715 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 23:42:36 »
Hey guys, new here!

Has anyone used/has experience with the Glorious Extended mouse mat?
http://www.pcgamingrace.com/collections/extended-mouse-mats/products/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-mat

It has some pretty good reviews on Amazon, but its cheaper on their website. It looks pretty similar to the Goliathus but only $14.99.

Buddy had one that started to unravel on the side.  He said he might've caught it on the corner of his board or something, he's not sure.  It eventually unraveled quite a bit and he followed my lead and bought a hayate.  I used it a few times when I visited and it seemed really slick/slippery.  I liked it for FPS but pretty much hated it when I was playing League/Dota 2 or any sort of RTS.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #716 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 09:00:31 »
I must know... is there any 35+ cm glass mousepad available that has the same quality as the Icemat? preferrably thinner but the thickness of Icemat would be OK with me.
I was playing with my friend's Icemat a little (the 1st gen. so tiny) and I miss the feel of it so bad. :p

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #717 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 10:19:00 »
Speaking of Icemat, would A3050, A3090 or 3310 track on an Icemat 2? I've found only scarce and conflicting information so far.

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #718 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 10:23:00 »
I just bought a Corsair MM200 mat yesterday, simply because it was the best thing Best Buy had in the store I went to.  I am using it in conjunction with a Razer DeathAdder which I'm not terribly happy with and will probably return.  The pad seems nice but is overly large for my needs.  Is anybody else using this and think it's a good one?  I really don't have much experience with mats - since optical mice came out I've pretty much just used used no pad, but I must admit this Corsair feels a lot nicer - particularly as it's *just enough* light padding under where my wrist wrests on it while using the mouse, and it makes using the mouse smooth and silent, which wasn't the case when grinding a mouse against the (cubicle laminate) desk surface.  Actually after reading this thread I'm attracted to the idea of an XXL pad that would fit under my keyboard as well, mainly for aesthetics but also because when I do reach for the mouse I tend to hit the edge of the pad on the way with my wrist or shirt sleeve which may cause fraying eventually.  Is there any XXL pad with stitched edges?

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #719 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 10:44:47 »
Speaking of Icemat, would A3050, A3090 or 3310 track on an Icemat 2? I've found only scarce and conflicting information so far.

I haven't tried 3310 but 3090 works, just lowers max speed a bit IME. might not work with Zowie mice though, that have really low LOD.
will have to try my KPM on an Icemat some time.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #720 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 13:11:43 »
Please do. If I decide to take it, I'd like to be ready for possible future upgrades.

Offline gooseta

« Reply #721 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 14:46:25 »
Using an XFX warpad with a steelseries QCK
WASD v1 with browns
Ducky Shine 3 TKL with blues and orange backlight
KBT Pure with greens
Leopold FC660M with blues
Spirit 87% with clears

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #722 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 20:40:49 »

I haven't tried 3310 but 3090 works, just lowers max speed a bit IME. might not work with Zowie mice though, that have really low LOD.

I've got an all Black l-1 and it works nicely with FK1, Rival, G502, Mionix mice and even the old WMO series.  Hence it's a really good surface for any input device regardless of any type of sensor.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #723 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 22:13:02 »

I've got an all Black l-1 and it works nicely with FK1, Rival, G502, Mionix mice and even the old WMO series.  Hence it's a really good surface for any input device regardless of any type of sensor.

nice! do you think you could do some max tracking speed tests of the Mionix / Rival / FK1 (3310 sensor ones) for us?
it will take me a while to try my friend's Icemat so would be nice if you could do it instead... :p
thanks!!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #724 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:38:29 »
There's a big difference between the black and clear one AFAIK though.

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #725 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 20:10:06 »
I've used several cheapo mousepads, the Razer Destructor, and QCK+. I would use the Destructor for laser mice, back when I used a mamba.

Otherwise, for everything else I've either used cheap mousepads (although they weren't big enough) and the QCK+ that I am currently using.

If I could use any mousepad I would probably go with the Artisan Hien, but for half the cost I got a qck+ and have been satisfied for the most part.

One problem that has developed is a certain area doesn't detect well, I probably just need to clean it.
Friends Don't Let Friends Get Friends Haircuts...

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #726 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 11:32:52 »
So I bought an XXL mousepad from Glorious PC Gaming Race.  It's a full 3 feet wide, more than necessary even for the largest of keyboards and a mouse.  However this means you can attain a nice symmetrical look on your desk, and put something else on the left.  Sometimes I consider getting a trackball and using it on the left side of the keyboard.  For now my desk looks like this:

The one thing I didn't like from the start was the large logo printed on the bottom right corner, so in actual use I have turned it upside down and put a coaster and tea cup over the top of the logo.  Problem solved:

The logo is actually nicely done, it's a rubberized laminate which I expect is pretty durable.  However, if you run into it with your mouse, you will feel a noticeable drag as the mouse feet get a lot more resistance from the rubber than the rest of the pad.

TL;DR: It's a great deal for the price, and I don't see myself replacing this any time soon!

The surface is not as smooth as the Corsair MM200 I replaced - it doesn't feel quite so nice when your wrist drags on it but isn't bad.  It feels more coarse up-and-down than left-and-right, and this can also be felt and heard when dragging the mouse.  Also I find that my pinky fingernail snags on it a bit as I use the mouse.  Not enough to be a problem, just a minor annoyance.  And I should cut my fingernails anyways.  The coarseness difference between pads is really not enough to be a concern, and the Corsair pad is also coarser-feeling up-and-down versus left-and-right.

The stitched edges are nice.  The Corsair (which cost $5 more and is a third of the size) was already starting to fray on the most contacted edge area after 2 days.  I wish the stitching was done with a nicer type of thread as I question the durability of this loose nylon threading over time, but it's surely a nice step up, and the price is right.

The edges are curled a bit from being rolled up, as you can see evidence of in the last picture.  I tried reverse-rolling them but they persist.  I will leave some books sitting on them overnight tonight and if that fails, I'll use a hair dryer.  This is just a minor annoyance as well, and a natural consequence of this pad being thicker than the Corsair, which I definitely appreciate as it makes it more comfortable.  All in all for a foam-backed nylon mat, this is a great choice!  I'll be returning the Corsair and keeping this one.

Purchase links: direct | amazon
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 September 2014, 11:34:25 by caseyandgina »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #727 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 15:27:26 »
Found a decent deal on Mionix Propus 380, although it was a bit too large for my tray… but then the worst happened, when I didn't expect it, my Roccat Savu didn't track on it almost at all, while A3050 mice were fine. O_o

Offline Shiftshape

« Reply #728 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 04:25:06 »
I just stack all my custom Artisan pads on top of each-other to attain MLG level mouseage.

Offline BossBrew

« Reply #729 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 16:08:33 »
Artisan Hayate is the best mousepad of all time for me personally. Paired with the Zowie FK1, I have achieved pure bliss when gaming.

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #730 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 17:03:30 »
Does anyone know if putting a cloth mousemat (which has rubber in it for grip to the desk) in a washing machine would work?
I have a Perixx DX-2000 XXL, and it's beginning to get quite grubby :(.
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline BossBrew

« Reply #731 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 17:13:14 »
Does anyone know if putting a cloth mousemat (which has rubber in it for grip to the desk) in a washing machine would work?
I have a Perixx DX-2000 XXL, and it's beginning to get quite grubby :(.
I put my old PureTrak Talent into the washer and it was a huge mistake. I think you are better off taking a cloth and soap to it then let it dry naturally to be safe.

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #732 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 11:13:42 »
I have a Perixx DX-2000 XXL, and it's beginning to get quite grubby :( .
I put my old PureTrak Talent into the washer and it was a huge mistake. I think you are better off taking a cloth and soap to it then let it dry naturally to be safe.
Thanks! I'll do that instead.
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline elitemav

« Reply #733 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 06:37:54 »
Ive used some razer mousepads I didnt like much. my favorite cloth mouse pad was the Steelseries QCK Heavy but I prefer hard pads I used a Razer Manticore before the pad I am using now which is a Func 1030 XL version 2 and I use the control side and love it.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #734 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 07:06:17 »
Finally joined the Icemat master race!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #735 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 17:49:16 »
Where do you even find icemats nowadays?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #736 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 18:42:03 »
Local forum. Great price too, because the bottom side is spray painted.

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #737 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 22:10:00 »
Anyone know of a good cloth gaming mousepad with a wrist rest?  Preferably one where the wrist rest is not too thick.

Offline sobe

« Reply #738 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:08:57 »
Where do you even find icemats nowadays?

*edit*

NVM, thought they still sold them under their SteelSeries brand. Guess they stopped selling those too.

I've been pretty happy with my PureTrak Talent though. Smoother than the QcK Heavy it replaced.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:10:47 by sobe »

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #739 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:11:52 »
Except you missed the big blue button which says "NO LONGER SOLD" on the page.

And besides, the original Icemat's were made in Denmark I believe. I have a v1 Icemat which I still use.

Never mind, you just edited  ;D
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:13:29 by ynrozturk »
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline sobe

« Reply #740 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:24:33 »
I loved my Icemat when I still had one (the damn thing lasted for 8 years or so if I remember right, before being eaten in a house fire, lol). Great little pads.

And yea, I saw the page, I thought they still sold them :/

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #741 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:28:53 »
I really wanted an icemat back when I was using hard mats.

Offline elitemav

« Reply #742 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 16:57:52 »
This is what I am using it also has a chord clip to hold the cable in place its pretty awesome because there is no drag and the mouse just feels wireless. Func 1030XL with the control side. its perfect size too I have my Zowie FK1 on 400dpi 100% of the time and in game settings are really low and I have plenty of room to move in any direction. I've tried many soft and hard pads and this is by far my favorite.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #743 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 19:41:39 »
I use an Artisan Hien XSoft L.  I really like the surface, it truly is a hard/soft hybrid.  But I still can't really say if it's worth the money over a cloth pad. 

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #744 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 21:46:39 »
Func 1030XL with the control side. its perfect size too I have my Zowie FK1 on 400dpi 100% of the time and in game settings are really low and I have plenty of room to move in any direction. I've tried many soft and hard pads and this is by far my favorite.

Don't forget this surface is really easy to clean and keep dust free, just about all the Artisan Pads have fine polyester weave that traps all dust within itself and is far harder to remove the dust devils.

Always buy something that is easy to clean and can be kept for years, to use with all sorts of input devices.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #745 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 08:23:07 »
Ive used some razer mousepads I didnt like much. my favorite cloth mouse pad was the Steelseries QCK Heavy but I prefer hard pads I used a Razer Manticore before the pad I am using now which is a Func 1030 XL version 2 and I use the control side and love it.
+1
Love it

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #746 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 17:39:20 »
I have a cheap plastic surface mouse pad that I got sometime in the past. Hopefully I can pick up Corsair's extended mouse mat soon before the one with the old sails logo sells out and all they have is the "Corsair Gaming" Tramp Stamp logo. I want an extended mouse mat because I like the large coverage it has (I can put my keyboard and mouse on it) which may provide some cushioning when I type on my keyboard.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline deadpool

« Reply #747 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 04:39:02 »

Been using the XXL Ripper for 6months-1year and love it. Have a small desk so it covers 90% of the area. Only negative is that it gets somewhat stained from water glasses etc. but a quick clean with a damp cloth solves that, and it makes for a great coaster ^-^ Also quiets mx blues (a bit) hahaha

Offline feizor

« Reply #748 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 04:48:40 »
I wanted to get an Artisan but based on Elrick's ravings about the Roccat Hiro, I couldn't help but pick it up when I saw it on sale. I gotta say it's pretty much perfect.
Tracks well, doesn't get dirty and very durable! This thing will last for years.

Offline .Bryan

« Reply #749 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 17:42:25 »
I've been using a Steelseries Qck on top of a Perrix DX 1000 and I enjoy it. Been contemplating on whether I should pick up the Qck+ for the extra size. It's just to bad Steelseries stopped selling the NP+. I prefer my mousepads with a good amount of friction. I like them fighting my every movement  ;D