Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 623643 times)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 10:31:42 »
As much as I love the Sensei and the Taipan, the DA 2013 might just be the most perfect mouse ever made.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 08:13:20 »
Can anyone comment on how glossy the RAT 7 Contagion is? I wanted the Albino (because it's matte...don't like glossy), but it appears they stopped selling them. If it comes to it, I could get the Red one.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline stonejoint

« Reply #502 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 03:40:45 »
After my zowie ams cover torn Ive send it for Rma and gettin zowie am fg for replacement. But I found cheap deathader black and ordered will arrive tonight.

Lets see why people like this mouse so much.
CM QFR Black Filco MJ2 Red
Vortex Poker 2 Brown

Offline calavera

« Reply #503 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 03:56:59 »
Used to be a G9x which was replaced by a CM Spawn. I have small hands so I can't stand mice like Logitech MX 518.

I want to replace it with the new Corsair M65 but can't quite figure out if the size will fit me.

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 09:23:58 »
I switched to SteelSeries Kana from Logitech g9x. I had to modify the switches since Kana has TTC switches. I absolutely hated them.
Changed them to Omron Japan switches.

I found g9x bit small for my hand, my hand size is like medium. Now i love Kana but u should modify it if you can't handle the stiff, clicky and hard to click.

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #505 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 09:28:57 »
Can anyone comment on how glossy the RAT 7 Contagion is? I wanted the Albino (because it's matte...don't like glossy), but it appears they stopped selling them. If it comes to it, I could get the Red one.

I think R.A.T mice are either love or hate.
Some ppl love it but some ppl hate it. It's also depends on your use of the mouse. Gaming?
And what kind of games do u play?

imo, glossy finish is worse than the matte finish.

I dun think it's worth it. over priced and the quality is actually not that good if u open the mouse.

I would rather use G9X.

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline Strelok

« Reply #506 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 09:29:17 »
Deathadder 3.5G
Most comfortable mouse I've ever used, but I sold mine with my desktop.

I use a ThinkPad Bluetooth mouse with my ThinkPad now, it's pretty nice.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #507 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 11:44:25 »

I think R.A.T mice are either love or hate.
Some ppl love it but some ppl hate it. It's also depends on your use of the mouse. Gaming?
And what kind of games do u play?

imo, glossy finish is worse than the matte finish.

I dun think it's worth it. over priced and the quality is actually not that good if u open the mouse.

I would rather use G9X.

I had the RAT 7, and I loved it. Hence my getting another one. Mine served for a good year with no major issues, and finally died to my fault. I had the matte black. I'm interested in the Red, which is only glossy, but I'd have to see exactly how glossy it is. It was totally worth it for me.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline stonejoint

« Reply #508 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 02:41:45 »
Deathadder is good. But I like shape and weight of zowie am more. Only cons is stiff switches if l can modify them with omrons itll be the beat mouse for me.
CM QFR Black Filco MJ2 Red
Vortex Poker 2 Brown

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #509 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 03:26:26 »
Been using a Feenix Nascita for the past couple of days.  Finally got it in after being on the wait list for a while.  I like it.  Is a rather large mouse, which is great though as I have big hands.  Not sure if it is worth the high price, but so far I am enjoying it.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #510 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 17:10:00 »
Been using a Feenix Nascita for the past couple of days.  Finally got it in after being on the wait list for a while.  I like it.  Is a rather large mouse, which is great though as I have big hands.  Not sure if it is worth the high price, but so far I am enjoying it.
Not worth it, just a rebranded OEM mouse with good marketing behind it from the looks of it.

Offline LifeIsGooD2

« Reply #511 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 20:05:09 »
how small is the zowie ec2 compared to the ec1 ? I love my ec1 but Im wondering if I would like the ec2 better ?

Offline Atakp

« Reply #512 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 20:38:13 »
how small is the zowie ec2 compared to the ec1 ? I love my ec1 but Im wondering if I would like the ec2 better ?

Here's a side by side of the ec1 evo on the left and the ec2 evo on the right

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #513 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 15:53:57 »
My Logitech G9x, I've been using it for a few years and still going strong.

Offline p.s.

• * Vendor
« Reply #514 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 16:10:45 »
Canada Computer has the G9X cod edition for $49.99 till the end of Feb. I just bought 2 for backups.
my vendor sub-forum for  selling all KBC, KBT, Vortex prodcuts: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34366.0

Offline gnubag

« Reply #515 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 19:04:02 »
i am still using my (i think) 7 year old MX518.
however i am thinking about getting the 2013 deathadder, but it is still super expensive for a student who invests in mechanical keyboards (lol)
also i have some bad experience with razer peripherals.

Offline LifeIsGooD2

« Reply #516 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 20:04:52 »
EC1 >>>>> deathadder and its not even close

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 22:17:01 »
The Nausica actually has high end internals. There's a review site somewhere where they popped it open and compared it with other mice with the same body. The only issue is you can't freakin' buy it anywhere, even on their own site.

Offline p.s.

• * Vendor
Re: Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 23:09:42 »
Last time I bought 2 mx518s and one of them died within 2 years. The other one is still serving well.

however i am thinking about getting the 2013 deathadder, but it is still super expensive for a student who invests in mechanical keyboards (lol)
my vendor sub-forum for  selling all KBC, KBT, Vortex prodcuts: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34366.0

Offline HWI

« Reply #519 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 00:27:10 »
Deathadder was my favorite mouse when I used palm grip.
Since switching to finger tip grip I have found the Spawn/Xornet shape to be my favorite.
Bottom Out Like A Boss
Razer BWU | Ducky DK-1087 | Noppoo Choc Mini | CM Storm QFR | KBT Race

Offline Rhinofeed

• Formerly nathaniel_h
    • Rhinofeed
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 19:10:15 »
I've been using the Corsair M60 a year now, and I'm enjoying it more than my old Logitech Performance MX Pro. (before the new version came out)

One thing is very clear: I find no use for wireless mice. They constantly have to be charged and the heavier weight due to the batteries is just not worth it.  The simple lightweight braided cable on the M60 doesn't get in the way.

Offline Chalky White

« Reply #521 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 00:28:18 »
Longtime Deathadder user that jumped shipped late 2012, picked up a SS Sensei although I was somewhat leery of the finish and ambidextrous design. The Sensei is a bit on the high side but definitely worth the premium

Offline Rhinofeed

• Formerly nathaniel_h
    • Rhinofeed
« Reply #522 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 00:47:18 »
If you have a grip style other than palm grip, ambidextrous designs tend to work out quite well I think. With my finger-tip grip and my tad bit larger than average hand size, ambidextrous designs fit perfectly for me.

Offline kboardvintage

« Reply #523 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 16:32:05 »

Mate try the g400. Same as the MX518 with an updated OPTICAL sensor and no prediction.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 17:27:19 »
Just picked up a G400 for FPS games. Should I worry about what surface I use it on? Currently using a Fellows black cloth mat (which seems to work fine with my Naga...)
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #525 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 19:20:56 »
Just picked up a G400 for FPS games. Should I worry about what surface I use it on? Currently using a Fellows black cloth mat (which seems to work fine with my Naga...)
Don't worry, should work fine on most surfaces.

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 20:12:30 »
I've been using a G700 for over a year.

I got annoyed with difference in feel between using it wireless and using it plugged in when charging. The cable that came with it was so thick it was terrible for trying to aim in FPS games. So I bought a very thin USB cable to use with it so it feels like wireless. I use it without the battery in it to make it lighter and put a small piece of electric tape over the flashing red light that indicates the battery is out. I don't even have the wireless receiver plugged in.

Those couple mods made it perfect. I do pretty decent in FPS games with it http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=Lunartuna
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #527 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 20:20:46 »
I have two G700's. Not a bad mouse - I actually got the G400 because it is considered one of the few mice without sensor flaws;

http://www.esreality.com/index.php?a=post&id=2024663
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline LifeIsGooD2

« Reply #528 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 20:56:28 »
I have a Ec1 evo white but I wouldnt mind trying another mouse because I havent tried much else besides deathadders

Is there any other nice Mice that do not need USB drivers ? I love that the EC1 has plug and play so when I go to a LAN I dont need to install anything

Offline dmbr

« Reply #529 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 15:28:08 »
G9x.

Perfect number of buttons with perfect placement, durability, and feel
 onboard memory
 excellent well-shaped, well-textured grips (I use the super wide-load i-grip)
 side scroll dual mode mouse wheel
 5700 dpi/1000hz polling rate/no prediction laser (the accel issues with this sensor only occur on soft pads--I prefer hard); great macro functionality
 on the fly dpi switching which can be bound to any key
 not too heavy, not to light
 durable, reliable overall build

I've tried many many well-reviewed mice and none have all of the above positives with such an absence of flaws.

Can't wait for the next iteration :)

Offline Shinx

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 16:27:49 »
I love my DeathAdder 3.5g, but I want to get started on a new mouse because if my current one goes out I don't want to buy a newer razer and deal with the god-awful drivers. I have no idea where to begin except I don't want any acceleration. Before a 20 page derail/slapfight happens, I actually do notice and care about the accel.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 17:53:08 »
I love my DeathAdder 3.5g, but I want to get started on a new mouse because if my current one goes out I don't want to buy a newer razer and deal with the god-awful drivers. I have no idea where to begin except I don't want any acceleration. Before a 20 page derail/slapfight happens, I actually do notice and care about the accel.
That rules out any laser sensor other than the PTE ones as all other laser sensors have hw accel, although if you're the type that notices the hw accel on laser sensors then I'm guessing you don't want PTE.
Quick list of mice to look at;
Logitech G400
Razer Abyssus
MS IME 3.0
Mionix Naos 3200
CM Storm Xornet

If you like the DA then the G400 and IME 3.0 are both worth a look, if you want a different shape I would recommend the Abyssus as you don't need drivers for it at all, although the shape of the Xornet has also gotten a fair amount of praise.

If you are interested in PTE the Razer Lachesis is the one you'd be looking at, but you said you didn't want Razer so that's out. The only non-Razer mouse with PTE I can think of atm is the R.A.T. mice, but I can't imagine that being the mouse for you.

Offline compgeke

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 19:53:26 »
I don't really do anything where I need an insane mouse, so I have a couple old ones I love.

1.) Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, the old grey ones with the red bottom.
And my daily use, as I find the drag of the cable on the desk annoying:
2.) Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0. I love it as it doesn't hurt my hand, batteries last around 3 months and it works.

Offline Shinx

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 16:50:41 »
That rules out any laser sensor other than the PTE ones as all other laser sensors have hw accel, although if you're the type that notices the hw accel on laser sensors then I'm guessing you don't want PTE.
Logitech G400
Razer Abyssus
MS IME 3.0
Mionix Naos 3200
CM Storm Xornet

If you like the DA then the G400 and IME 3.0 are both worth a look, if you want a different shape I would recommend the Abyssus as you don't need drivers for it at all, although the shape of the Xornet has also gotten a fair amount of praise.

If you are interested in PTE the Razer Lachesis is the one you'd be looking at, but you said you didn't want Razer so that's out. The only non-Razer mouse with PTE I can think of atm is the R.A.T. mice, but I can't imagine that being the mouse for you.

I can probably get a razer if I knew it didn't come with the god awful drivers. Also,the RAT mice looked amazing but I haven't been able to find anything regarding the sensors in them. I know the RAT 3 has a good sensor but I haven't been able to find anything about the other mice.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #534 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 17:42:04 »
Logitech G400
Razer Abyssus
MS IME 3.0
Mionix Naos 3200
CM Storm Xornet

I can probably get a razer if I knew it didn't come with the god awful drivers. Also,the RAT mice looked amazing but I haven't been able to find anything regarding the sensors in them. I know the RAT 3 has a good sensor but I haven't been able to find anything about the other mice.
The Abyssus doesn't need drivers, there are physical switches underneath for dpi and polling rate, and no side buttons to configure, so you don't really need drivers for anything. It's a great mouse, I adore mine.
I also have a R.A.T. 7, it's a cool mouse, but it uses the PTE laser sensor, which is the only laser sensor without hardware acceleration, although some find it lacking in other areas. I had problems with my first one, but I RMAd it and got the one with the upgraded sensor as a replacement, I've had no problems with that so far. It's a bit heavy though, so if you use low sensitivity and lift the mouse a lot then you might not like it all that much. Other than that, I've found that the features of the RAT have all been useful, rather than a gimmick like one might fear, although I don't think everyone agrees with me on that.

Offline Shinx

« Reply #535 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 20:11:16 »
Thanks for your help so far! Is there a way to tell which RAT 7 has which sensor? There's a store here that sells them physically and I can pick up and look at the box (and probably open them).

(Still may get the Xornet, that mouse looks leet as heck)

Offline Demofly

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 22:42:29 »
I've wanted to pick up a Xornet for a while now. But my Deathadder still works great for me since 2009.

I'll probably pick one up if I see it in the classifieds.
i5 2300 - 7870Ghz - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 21.5" Acer 1080p
HPE 87 MX Brown + Ducky PBT (purchased from Flip!) | Ducky 1087XM Xiang Min Black ALPS clones.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #537 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 04:29:13 »
Thanks for your help so far! Is there a way to tell which RAT 7 has which sensor? There's a store here that sells them physically and I can pick up and look at the box (and probably open them).

(Still may get the Xornet, that mouse looks leet as heck)
All RAT 7 should have the upgraded sensor, but you're still in doubt the easiest way to tell is to open the box and look at the box of spare parts; if it's a large metal tin it's the old model, if it's a modest size black plastic box it's the improved version. I also believe the packaging is smaller for the improved model, but unless you have the old packaging to compare it doesn't help a lot. Still, I doubt there'll be any of the old ones left.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #538 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 09:56:09 »
Steelseries kinzu and xai.
Its good to me have many sweat in hands. Puhaha

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline Shinx

« Reply #539 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 03:17:44 »
One last noob question but is the sensor in the Albino R.A.T 7 going to also be acceleration-free? I'll make up for my lack of content posting with pictures once I pick me mouse/R.A.T up.

Offline larryselina

« Reply #540 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 03:33:40 »
Logitech G9

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #541 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 14:21:21 »
One last noob question but is the sensor in the Albino R.A.T 7 going to also be acceleration-free? I'll make up for my lack of content posting with pictures once I pick me mouse/R.A.T up.
Yeah, all the R.A.T. 7 mice should have the PTE, the 9 does as well I believe, but I don't know what sensors they use in lower models.

Offline mechanisch

« Reply #542 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 23:50:01 »
Logitech G9

My main mouse is an original Logitech G9.  Many a mouse has come and gone on my desk, both good and bad, but I keep going back to "Old Faithful".  I've rarely had any product last so long and be so durable, much less a computer part.

Offline stingrae

« Reply #543 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 09:40:36 »
whoa wanting to make life a bit easier I took a risk and bought what the internet seemed to show as a good relatively unknown mouse with 5 buttons.

I give you my new favourite mouse (well almost), the genius(gx) maurus. It uses the same sensor as the Spawn/Recon/Savu/new RAT 3 etc. an optical avago 3090. The size is like perfect for my small hands. It is roughly the width of the abyssus and roughly the length too (the abyssus is slightly longer). The scroll wheel is smoother rather than tactile but it's not half bad. The top is a glossy plastic finish and the side is a rubberized grip not quite like anything i've felt. It is ambidextrous but it has thumb and pinky support which is pretty decent. Has a braided cord I don't really mind too much.

Pros:
Cheap I got mine for R379 -> £35
Omron main switches
5 buttons
450/900/1800/3500 dpi modes with sensitivity adjustment options
Macros
Good fingertip/palm hybrid mouse
Probably good for claw grippers
The mouse clicks are good
The LED can be switched off

Cons:
Skates the mouse skates scrape along my qck, I figure they will wear down but it's not like razer quality skates.../sad panda
Software: required a few restarts till I got it to actually give me the macros I wanted.
Not too sure on side buttons but they are easy to press
Position of side buttons is fine for the thumb button but the pinky is a bit hard to hit
I don't feel like it's as well built as the cm storm spawn which sadly just was too wide for me.
edit: it is heavier than the abyssus due to added weights not sure I agree with that decision also i'm guessing the screw is under the mousefeet so it's not easy to get the weights out unless you have replacement feet. I still love it though.

All in all I feel for it's price it is the mouse diamondback/krait/abyssus users should choose if their hands are small the RAT 3 with the same sensor is also pretty nice. This is what I wish the kana had been unfortunately I wont even try it because of the non-omron switches and the sensor issues (that have now mostly been solved). It's early days but it seems to be a pretty darn good find/buy. The skates are the worst part for sure...

//side note: I saw this mouse in the store just after I got my abyssus mirror(happy accident, I actually ordered a normal abyssus, I still like it though), I was intrigued because a friend said I should just get a Genius mouse. I checked out the data on the net and was surprised to see a fairly strong set of features. Guess my friend was right I should have got a genius mouse.

Edit: forgot to name mouse -_-
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 March 2013, 00:02:00 by stingrae »
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 09:52:10 »
I can tell you that logitech has probably the best mouse at the best prices. you can often get a good mouse at below $50 on amazon during sales .

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #545 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 12:53:04 »
whoa wanting to make life a bit easier I took a risk and bought what the internet seemed to show as a good relatively unknown mouse with 5 buttons.

I give you my new favourite mouse (well almost). It uses the same sensor as the Spawn/Recon/Savu/new RAT 3 etc. an optical avago 3090. The size is like perfect for my small hands. It is roughly the width of the abyssus and roughly the length too (the abyssus is slightly longer). The scroll wheel is smoother rather than tactile but it's not half bad. The top is a glossy plastic finish and the side is a rubberized grip not quite like anything i've felt. It is ambidextrous but it has thumb and pinky support which is pretty decent. Has a braided cord I don't really mind too much.

Pros:
Cheap I got mine for R379 -> £35
Omron main switches
5 buttons
450/900/1800/3500 dpi modes with sensitivity adjustment options
Macros
Good fingertip/palm hybrid mouse
Probably good for claw grippers
The mouse clicks are good
The LED can be switched off

Cons:
Skates the mouse skates scrape along my qck, I figure they will wear down but it's not like razer quality skates.../sad panda
Software: required a few restarts till I got it to actually give me the macros I wanted.
Not too sure on side buttons but they are easy to press
Position of side buttons is fine for the thumb button but the pinky is a bit hard to hit
I don't feel like it's as well built as the cm storm spawn which sadly just was too wide for me.

All in all I feel for it's price it is the mouse diamondback/krait/abyssus users should choose if their hands are small the RAT 3 with the same sensor is also pretty nice. This is what I wish the kana had been unfortunately I wont even try it because of the non-omron switches and the sensor issues (that have now mostly been solved). It's early days but it seems to be a pretty darn good find/buy. The skates are the worst part for sure...

//side note: I saw this mouse in the store just after I got my abyssus mirror(happy accident, I actually ordered a normal abyssus, I still like it though), I was intrigued because a friend said I should just get a Genius mouse. I checked out the data on the net and was surprised to see a fairly strong set of features. Guess my friend was right I should have got a genius mouse.

Is this the Genius Maurus? I've heard some good things about it from other sources.

For a really small Avago 3090 mouse, though, I think I'll stick with my Team Scorpion Zealot Jr.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline stingrae

« Reply #546 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 00:00:00 »
Is this the Genius Maurus? I've heard some good things about it from other sources.

For a really small Avago 3090 mouse, though, I think I'll stick with my Team Scorpion Zealot Jr.

It is sorry forgot to clearly name it :) and that team scorpion zealot jr. looks pretty cool =). I was surprised to see an old company like genius come up with a good quality gaming mouse.
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #547 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 20:34:54 »
Only mouse i've ever owned:
WMO 1.1a

Would probably like a IEM 3.0 seeing as its the same mouse with 2 thumb buttons.

Thinking of getting either a Razer Mamba or a Steel Series Sensei.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #548 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 22:03:04 »
Got a Nascita in the mail today. Ye shall be judged!

Offline noons

« Reply #549 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 10:39:27 »
I love my G500.. The price I paid for it helped as well, I think it was only $30 on sale on amazon. Very comfortable and great for gaming.
Tofu65 Turquoise Tealios | Drop ALT LP Alpacas | 2X Leopold FC750R MX Brown | KUL MX Brown w/Cherry Stab MOD | Leopold FC660C BLANK | REALFORCE 87U 45G | HHKB PRO2 | Leopold TKL MX RED | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX BLUE