Author Topic: Truly Ergonomic Communication Oct 26, 2011  (Read 5126 times)

Offline Mackansson

Truly Ergonomic Communication Oct 26, 2011
« on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 01:04:49 »
Manufacturing

We are pleased to announce that we have fixed all Truly Ergonomic Keyboard manufacturing issues, and are preparing the remaining components for all pre-ordered Truly Ergonomic Keyboards. The component manufacturing is scheduled to be finalized by the first week of November.

Your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard is scheduled to be assembled in accordance with your specifications during the third week of November.

Shipping

The original plan was to transport all pre-ordered Truly Ergonomic Keyboards from the manufacturer facility to our warehouse in Vancouver by cargo ship. As this usually takes between 3 to 5 weeks, we have decided to transport them by Air, at our expense, reducing the transport time to only 3 to 5 days. They should arrive to our warehouse during the fourth week of November, allowing us to deliver your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard is following soon after.

Delivery Address

We will send you an additional email during the second week of November to verify your delivery address information.

We thank you very much for your on-going support during the manufacturing phase.
More specified dates than usual? I'm getting my hopes up again... (as usual)

Santa might bring a keyboard for christmas?!
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 October 2011, 01:11:13 by Mackansson »

Offline Gerk

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 10:02:00 »
Yep shockingly there's (almost) real dates in this one.  Of course it's not like they haven't missed real dates in the past, but we can only hope that Santa will deliver this time around ... only a year late.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Deofol

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 12:38:04 »
Meh, I don't even try to think about it anymore.

It will get here when it gets here. /sigh

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 12:50:08 »
Welly?
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 12:50:13 »
Ah, just like Blizzard's "It's done when it's done."

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 15:18:16 »
wellington1869:

Deofol:

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 16:13:17 »
^clever.

Offline Deofol

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 19:18:33 »
I took the pic of the beeker figure at work. :)

Not sure who wellington1869 is, but not me.

Offline sordna

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 20:08:55 »
Cool, it will be nice to see real reviews of this keyboard before the end of the year.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 27 October 2011, 07:28:36 »
Just waiting to hear that "unfortunately the plane that was shipping the keyboards crashed." ;D
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline jpc

RSI prevention recipe:[/B] Kinesis Contoured, Colemak layout, touch typing, Contour Design Rollermouse,  Logitech TrackMan Wheel, Logitech m570 trackball, "workrave" break timer software, "awesome" window manager, tenkeyless boards, cherry browns, Wang 724 with "ghetto green" ALPS, standing desk and/or comfy adjustable chairs, stress reduction, computer time reduction.

Fun non-ergonomic things: bolt modded Model M Space Saving Keyboards with new springs, Kensington Expert Mouse v7, Unicomp Endurapro, Northgates

Offline hemflit

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 06:03:14 »
Wow, transporting stock at their own expense? Classy and generous!

For a moment I was afraid they might go "we need to charge you more, because now we're paying for air freight to get you your keyboard sooner".

Offline shrap

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 16:13:47 »
The "at their expense" part just cracks me up - as if they're doing us a huge favor by delivering only 8 months late instead of 9 months late. Their writer needs a quick lesson in PR, it sounds like stilted corporate mumbo-jumbo (in accordance with my specifications? I sure hope so!) along with a dash of customer contempt.

Offline hoggy

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 16:20:01 »
Welly was a well known character around here but had the sense to escape when he could.  Known for his silenced endurapro and his, well, love of rubber domes (respect to him for speaking his own mind on the topic).
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0