I've just been introduced to the trackball world recently and I have been going nuts over different ones for the past couple months. Here is what I have found so far (keep in mind this is my opinion):
- Logitech M570 - Great trackball but only for basic computer use. It doesn't work well for gaming or image editing because the thumb just isn't as precise as the pointer finger.
- Logitech TrackMan Marble (newest) - Works really well and it's inexpensive. My only dislikes were the lack of scrolling and the Trackball was to small.
- Logitech TrackMan Marble FX - GREAT Trackball for its day. It's comfortable, good size Trackball, and it very accurate. Cons are that all the buttons don't work with newer OS's, it has a ps2 connection, and it doesn't work so well for gaming.
- Microsoft Trackball Explorer - This Trackball was comfortable, has newer drivers for Win 7, and you could customize the buttons. I didn't personally like it because it felt cheap. One big upside to this Trackball is there are a lot of spare parts and companies who will fix it up for you.
- Kensington Slimblade - I am in love with this Trackball. It's smooth, buttons feel and sound nice, good software, the scrolling is awesome, and it works really well for gaming. The only problem I have with this Trackball is the price. If you get lucky you can find a new in box one for cheap on Ebay otherwise you are stuck paying $85 to $120 somewhere else.
Next up on my list is going to be a CST-LtracX. I emailed a couple companies on if they were going to get anymore of these in stock and they informed me that the laser used in the LtracX is no longer in production and CST hasn't been able to find a viable replacement for it. Therefore they are discontinuing that model line. So if anybody out there wants to get rid of there CST-LtracX feel free to PM me.
On a different note I want to thank user All the Fire for informing all of us on the size of Trackball used in the Slimblade. Unfortunately in my case it was a little to late that I came across this post. I just ordered a 2 1/8" Aramith 8 ball off ebay. I did hop onto the boadingballs.com site and found one ball left in the 55mm size.http://www.baodingballs.com/yellow_jade_baoding_balls.html