Author Topic: Steelseries siberia v2 questions  (Read 5440 times)

Offline LEGITBALLIN

Steelseries siberia v2 questions
« on: Sat, 03 December 2011, 18:20:45 »
i watched a couple of videos on the steelseries siberia v2s and they seem pretty good but i have a couple questions to anyone who knows anything about them
is it worth the price?
are there any common or even uncommon problems with them?
are they comfortable?
does it come with the steelseries usb soundcard thing?
is there a better headset for the money?
thanks.
V-tec just kicked in yo\'

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 03 December 2011, 23:49:21 »
I've got a pair myself. And i love them.

IMO definitely worth it.
I haven't run into any problems.
They are comfortable, but For me it gets a bit painful after like 6+ hours of them on (that goes for any headphones...).
The usb thing is an option i think, it costs more. Mine came without.
Dunno about better headsets for money.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Saviant

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 December 2011, 00:41:54 »
I agree with hazeluff, they are an excellent quality headset. I had to sell mine unfortunately as I wear glasses and over a short period of time they were giving me migraines from squeezing on my glasses frames.

Offline byFd

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 December 2011, 03:57:36 »
doesn't it come in different colors? best part about :D
White Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless MX Browns
White Noppoo Choc Mini MX Reds
KBC Poker X MX Reds

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 December 2011, 09:46:09 »
Quote from: byFd;463802
doesn't it come in different colors? best part about :D

It does, and you can choose between USB/3.5mm jacks. (USB invites driver problems, don't do it)
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 05 December 2011, 01:38:48 »
It's better to get a AD700 or HD555.
AD700 - if you game more than listening to music and watching movies
HD555 - if you listen to music and watch movies more than gaming
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline CanadaRox

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 09 December 2011, 01:03:17 »
I'd stay away from these.  One of my friends just got his third pair back from RMA's this week and this morning it wouldn't play out of one ear.  You are better off just getting a set of headphones and getting a mic separately.  Less parts to get damage, and you will generally get better components for each.
Das Keyboard | KBC Poker | Phantom [WIP]

Offline Balgrog

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 15:51:24 »
I have a pair of these and love them. They have incredible sound, and are extremely comfortable. I have big ears and they still are completely over and around the ear for me. This is extremely nice because if you wear glasses, you ear is not pressed against them at all. I have worn these for 5-6 hours at a time and never had comfort issues with them, and the mic sounds great also. I REALLY recommend them!

Offline keyboardnoob

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 20:15:59 »
I got my hd 555 a year ago and..

Best purchase I've ever made, the sound quality is outstanding even coming from the motherboard's soundcard. AD700 is a good as well as the grados.

Basically it's like comparing logitech rubberdomes backlit keyboards ( siberia ) to filcos/realforce ( hd555, ad700, grado sr-60i or 80i )
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2011, 21:16:15 by keyboardnoob »
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline Creizai

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 December 2011, 01:46:59 »
Or you could buy the *Real* version of the headphones

AGK K701

Quote from: squarebox;464337
It's better to get a AD700 or HD555.
AD700 - if you game more than listening to music and watching movies
HD555 - if you listen to music and watch movies more than gaming

I agree with this I would also like to add the M50 too

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P62ND6/ref=asc_df_B000P62ND61828589?smid=A3M2O3U6L5DL0B&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B000P62ND6

Offline Henry Allen Venture

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 09:03:31 »
I'm pretty happy with mine. The sound quality isn't excellent, but its plenty good enough. You could probably get better sounding headphones (perhaps some that have been mentioned above) for the same price, that may not have the microphone. For example, I have a pair of Marshall Majors, which I use with my iPod, and they sound much better, for about the same price.

The mic works really well, and just slides back up out of the way when you don't need it. The volume control on the cable is great, and also has a mute mic switch which is handy.

The headset is really comfy. I can wear them for ages, even with glasses. My Majors give me a really bad headache after an hour or so, but these are fine. There headset itself has a really short cable, but there's an extension lead if you need to go behind the desk to your PC. I think the cord that is attached to the headset is still a bit short, though. Its a pain to use with an iPod, for example.

As hazeluff said, if you're going to buy these, go for the ones that don't use USB. Then you've got no worries about drivers, and you can use them with anything, rather than just the computer (and maybe PS3/X360?).

Overall, I reckon they're pretty good. If I had to put a number to it it'd be a 7.5/10, I guess.
Current collection:
Filco Majestouch 104-Key, w/ MX Browns
IBM Model M 52G9700
Leopold FC200R, "white" w/ MX Clears
Ducky DK9008S \'Shining\', white backlit w/ MX Blues
Cherry G80-3494(LCYUS-2), w/ MX Reds for Portal Mod

Not mine, but I\'ve got access to:
Filco Majestouch Linear R Limited Edition, w/ MX Reds
Filco Majestouch 2 \'Ninja\' Tenkeyless, w/ MX Blues
Leopold FC500R, w/ MX Browns

Offline uobballplaya

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 16:26:19 »
Quote from: Saviant;463759
I agree with hazeluff, they are an excellent quality headset. I had to sell mine unfortunately as I wear glasses and over a short period of time they were giving me migraines from squeezing on my glasses frames.

Really? I wear glasses as well and I don't have any problem with comfort with the headset. The only hassle I have is when I readjust or take my glasses off, I need to take off my headphones and put them back on.

Offline Playtrumpet

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 18:45:02 »
Good sound quality. Not very soundproof which is actually perfect for me because people are always interrupting me and I like to be aware of things outside my headphones.

With my macbook I can't get the mic to work since apparently Macs don't supply power. I'm hoping I can find a way to use my preamp w/phantom power to get it to work.

I wear glasses, but I don't feel pressure against my head. The earpieces are slightly smaller/shallower than I would love, so I have to adjust after a little to keep my ears comfortable.

Otherwise, good, lightweight headphones.
Dvorak