Author Topic: Several keys on keyboard non-functional, help?  (Read 787 times)

Offline guitarzann

Several keys on keyboard non-functional, help?
« on: Mon, 16 January 2012, 21:22:43 »
Hello,
Normally I would put an exclamation mark after that "hello" up there, but that's the problem. The 1-4 and 7-0 keys on my keyboard, not the num-pad ones, are non-functional, as well as the End and Page Down key. The story is that I was just a cleaning my keyboard, which is a ione Xarmor U9Plus, because it was pretty nasty. When, due to the cold weather here in central Canada making the air very dry and my own ineptitude in not unplugging the keyboard while assembling it, I managed to shock myself on my keyboard. Thinking nothing of it at the time, I continued to assemble my keys, only to find when I was done that these keys didn't work at all. More confusing, when I use the keyboard on the Microsoft "Keyboard Ghosting Demonstration", all of the noted keys are seen as perpetually active. I'm currently thinking that this indicates some sort of short caused by the static shock, but I want to get the expert opinion of you guys and want to see where to go from here, whether its repairable or I should start shopping. Thanks-exclamation mark-

Man, you never realize how much you use those keys until you can't.

Offline guitarzann

Several keys on keyboard non-functional, help?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 January 2012, 12:00:18 »
Well it sounds like I'm boned - gonna try my luck with ione support but if that falls through I guess I can sell the remnants to someone who wants some cheap mxblue switches or wants to fix it. I guess its back to membranes for a while...