I'm using an IBM Model M Keyboard (actually, I have two) for several years now. When connecting them to a PS/2 port, they are working totally fine. When using with an USB Adapter on new PCs (both Windows Vista and 7), I have sporadically the following problem:
* Suddenly, all keys which I press are send to the pc as a if the ctrl-key was pressed. For example, if I press m, then ctrl+m (carriage return) receives my pc.
* this happens mostly when typing fast (when I accidentially press between two keys, together with Shift and/or Ctlr)
* It happens mostly with 'slow applications', for exmple Eclipse, Firefox, etc.
* I had this problem with the last 3 pcs (which did not have a ps/2 port)
* I tried out 3 types of USB Adapter. The last (which I ordered especially for IBM keyboards) produces this problem less often.
* I have to shut down and to power on again (just restarting Windows does not help).
* It also happens with both IBM Model M keyboards.
Has anyone experienced the same problem? For me, it seems to be independend from the USB Adapter, from the Keyboard and the PC. Does anybody knows the reason and/or the solution?