Author Topic: Ultratec Superprint SP4425 Text Printing Telephone System TTy  (Read 2883 times)

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
Ultratec Superprint SP4425 Text Printing Telephone System TTy
« on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 21:36:15 »
I found this in the trash at work.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49360[/ATTACH]

I call it, "Cherry MX Clear stem donor" for my Poker.  :-)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 49361[/ATTACH]
There are a bunch of them on eBay for arround $25.00 including shipping.  I don't know if that's cost effective though.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2012, 04:32:45 by megnin »
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 21:47:48 »
When I try to open the attachements all I see is: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline REVENGE

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 02:42:47 »
It's ok, the white on black doubleshots are authentic Cherry corp. Somebody posted about this thing recently.
◕ ‿ ◕

Offline megnin

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 04:38:33 »
The keys look pad printed, but all of them but the space bar are 1x1; Shift, Backspace, Return included.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 05:21:07 »
It'll be nice if you can turn the matrix part of the PCB into a tiny keyboard.

Offline megnin

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 06:39:27 »
Damn, that would be cool.  It's 2 inches shorter than a Poker or HHKB.  I wouldn't know where to begin to do it myself though.  My electronics skills are limited to occasionally replacing a bad capacitor in a power supply.  It would also need to have some sort of case or base made for it.

It would make an awesome little keyboard, though.  In addition to the normal 2nd layer FN mappings like numbers to function keys, the "SK left" key could be mapped to the Windows key, the "GA right" key could be "Alt" and the right Shift key would have to be the "FN" key.  There's no backslash so the "/,"  key could be mapped to "|\".

Would it be even remotely feasable or affordable?  I'd be willing to put maybe $250.00 into it, including case, if it were possible.  Maybe a little more for Bluetooth and USB capable.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 09:51:25 »
I got a few of those Minicom IV, all of them were MX blacks with the white on black Cherry keycap, which I am selling 1 set of. I looked at the pcb, it would be some work make functional computer keyboard I thought. Also mine were wrecked, seems the VFDs had meltdowns on all the ones I had, all charred and the case was all warped around them... I thought it would have been cool to put like a pico itx system inside it, ala an Apple IIe style mini system.

The one you have looks like Chinese Cherry copy, not clears. The minicom IV are definitely the better ones to look for if you want one of these things for harvesting.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 20:58:50 »
Quote from: megnin;584710
Damn, that would be cool.  It's 2 inches shorter than a Poker or HHKB.  I wouldn't know where to begin to do it myself though.  My electronics skills are limited to occasionally replacing a bad capacitor in a power supply.  It would also need to have some sort of case or base made for it.

It would make an awesome little keyboard, though.  In addition to the normal 2nd layer FN mappings like numbers to function keys, the "SK left" key could be mapped to the Windows key, the "GA right" key could be "Alt" and the right Shift key would have to be the "FN" key.  There's no backslash so the "/,"  key could be mapped to "|\".

Would it be even remotely feasable or affordable?  I'd be willing to put maybe $250.00 into it, including case, if it were possible.  Maybe a little more for Bluetooth and USB capable.

Without the case, it should be plenty cheap. Just a teensy. You do need to reverse the matrix and edit the firmware of the teensy controller people been using around here. Case would probably run the cost up. DIY out of wood would probably be the cheapest route.