NEW USERS: READ THIS http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33429.0In the following, I refer to 'geekhack.org', meaning all owners, operators, moderators and administrators of this website, as 'our'. These rules limit our liability. By posting in this forum you agree that you have read these rules and you agree to abide by these rules and agree to the limits to our liability stated herein.
Further, these rules are subject to change, so please check this thread on every visit to this forum.1) Conflict resolution: CAVEAT EMPTOR. Moderators will not step in to mediate transactions gone bad. BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING/SELLING ON THIS FORUM! We accept no liability and will provide no services to buyers or sellers short of providing a forum for member to member transactions. We highly encourage buyers and sellers to reference their own feedback ratings (heatware, ebay, etc), and we highly encourage users to refrain from buying from or selling to anyone but senior members with a proven track record buying, selling and/or trading. CAVEAT EMPTOR: WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR LOSSES RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM POSTING IN THIS FORUM OR FOR ANY TRANSACTION RESULTING FROM A POSTING IN THIS FORUM.
2) No sales outside the Classifieds forum. If you can't post here because you're new, you also can't post your sale in another forum.
3) Please remember to state your location (country, state, etc.) when posting in Classifieds section.
4) If you wish to report something, please do so via the "Report to moderator" button. It's there for a reason. DO NOT pm moderator/admin regarding spam, profiteering, etc. Such pm will be completely ignored.
THESE ARE THE OLD FORUM RULES. At the moment, the entire forum is in a state of flux, and moderation will be extremely light (simply due to lack of moderator time and attention).
1) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in buying from a seller, STAY OUT OF HIS/HER THREAD. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action.
2) NO Bumping: Posts that consist of nothing but the word "bump", "ttt", "top", etc. are not acceptable posts, regardless of the forum. If you cannot think of a way to add useful information to a FS/WTB/FA thread, do not add a post to the thread. This new information does not have to be earth shattering, but each new post in a thread should add information to that thread. In addition, please allow 24 hours between posts to your own threads that are not responses to interested parties.
NOTE: as of June 2012, we will no longer give warnings before deleting bump posts. If you're wondering why your bump did not work, it is because we deleted it and you need to add content to your post. Thanks for your cooperation folks.
3) Thread Closure: To be fair to other sellers, please close your threads once both parties in a transaction have left iTrader feedback. When the sale has gone through, please leave the sale price in your thread. It allows people in the future to get an idea of the value of whatever it was you sold.
4) Method of Sale: We will not regulate method of sale. Instead, we encourage members to "vote with your dollars". If you don't like the method that a user is using to tell his or her item, don't buy it! Ignore it, and let the thread sink.
5) Conflict resolution: CAVEAT EMPTOR. Moderators will not step in to mediate deals gone bad. BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING/SELLING ON THIS FORUM! We accept no liability and will provide no services to buyer or seller short of providing a forum for advertisements and a method for buyer/seller feedback. On that note, we highly encourage buyers and sellers to reference their own feedback ratings (heatware, ebay, etc), in addition to iTrader.
Posts disobeying these rules may be subject to moderator action.
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A POST OR THREAD THAT YOU BELIEVE IS BREAKING THE RULES: please press the "report" button on the corresponding post, and explain your problem in the box provided. Do NOT post in the thread. The moderator team will consider your complaint and act accordingly.
If you wish to discuss these rules with other members, you may do so here: http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?31624-Classified-Forum-Rules-Discussion-Thread