Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2386371 times)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #3800 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:54:28 »
Kmac 2 set, not put together. Some guy on mechmarket is selling one for 365 and that seems absurd to me.
They sold for $400 brand new, so...
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Elocutive

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3801 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:57:27 »
Already put together ones go for less than that. Maybe I will pick it up though.
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #3802 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:58:38 »
Already put together ones go for less than that. Maybe I will pick it up though.
You're probably thinking of KMAC 1, 1.2 or LE. I haven't seen a KMAC2 assembled for less than $400.
github

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #3803 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:05:19 »
You're probably thinking of KMAC 1, 1.2 or LE. I haven't seen a KMAC2 assembled for less than $400.
Ah ok. Thank you for correcting me.

Wanting Skeldon

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3804 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:16:59 »
How much should I pay for a like new in box real force 23ub?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #3805 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:19:28 »
you can buy them new for 200 ish so mby 175?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3806 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 14:25:14 »

Oh shoot the guy wants 135...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3807 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 14:35:29 »

Oh shoot the guy wants 135...

Umm... I would insta-buy.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #3808 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 15:43:44 »
About how much are fully restored and bolt-modded Model Ms going for these days?
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3809 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 16:57:46 »
About how much are fully restored and bolt-modded Model Ms going for these days?

My knee-jerk reaction would be to say 10% less than un-restored and non-bolt-modded Model Ms but ezrahilyer would be the better person to ask. He has been far more successful than I in selling these.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3810 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 17:15:25 »

My knee-jerk reaction would be to say 10% less than un-restored and non-bolt-modded Model Ms but ezrahilyer would be the better person to ask. He has been far more successful than I in selling these.
Do you mean more? I'd say a little more than that though. A decent condition model m that would go for $50 would go for around $70 bolt-modded and fully restored
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #3811 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 21:15:05 »
how much is a Peacock G80-1000 with ANSI doubleshot?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3812 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 00:45:33 »
If you're talking about the ones I'm thinking of, the branding logo is all that is different from a regular 1000 model... so probably something like $75-85 for one in great shape.

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #3813 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 10:18:56 »
110 vintage black switches, lubed and stickered, how much is it worth?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3814 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 11:03:08 »
About $30.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3815 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 11:53:46 »
About $30.

Lubed and stickered I'd say higher than that.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3816 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 11:56:24 »
About $30.

Well he didn't accept my bid for 40-50$ and says they are worth more than 0.65 ea, cause they are rarer than newly made mx blacks...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3817 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 11:58:45 »
About $30.

According to some, lubing "ruins" the vintage blacks.  I wouldn't pay more than $0.30-0.35 a switch.  Lubing and  stickering is personal.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3818 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 11:59:41 »
About $30.

Well he didn't accept my bid for 40-50$ and says they are worth more than 0.65 ea, cause they are rarer than newly made mx blacks...

Yeah, sticker and lube adds quite a bit to the cost. Not sure if you've ever done that before, but it's quite labor intensive. I'd say $0.65/ea is a fair price. I don't think "vintage" adds anything to the price, though.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3819 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:03:39 »
About $30.

I believe we've had a rather long discussion about this before. Stickers are worthless. Lube, maybe. I'd say $45 top, if someone really wants them lubed. Around $30 is normal price for vintage blacks and I've seen $15 as customization fee in some deals.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3820 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:08:44 »
About $30.

I believe we've had a rather long discussion about this before. Stickers are worthless. Lube, maybe. I'd say $45 top, if someone really wants them lubed. Around $30 is normal price for vintage blacks and I've seen $15 as customization fee in some deals.

Stickers may be functionally worthless, but some people want them anyway. And the person doing the very labor intensive job of positioning each sticker on the switch deserves to be compensated for their time. I have most certainly charged extra for it when I have done builds, when people insisted on stickers, despite my recommendation not to get them.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #3821 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:42:54 »
About $30.

I would appreciate if you didn't twist my words;

I said that the vintage black switches are no longer in production, making them more rarer (less common) than the new cherry MX blacks currently in production.

I stated that I gauged my price for a new untouched cherry MX black to be at .65$ (taken from 7bit's thread on deskthority), with the vintage type of switch to be worth less than that, but more (vintage type of switch, however it's second hand) so the price increase/decrease is negated.

I also stated that I would not accept an offer of 30-40$ (which you now say is 40-50$ in this thread, again a lie). For reference, I paid $60 for these, so at least I would want to cover the cost and possibly making a return. I also lubed and stickered these switches myself, which again adds value to the switches.

Please learn how to read and interpret English before you try negotiating a deal with your low blow of an offer for the time and effort (and quantity) of switches that I have, and don't twist anyone's words just to make yourself look better.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3822 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:48:39 »
@justify: Really no need to be defensive. If you are offering the switches at $0.65/ea for 100 qty, I've already stated that is a fair price. This thread is simply a place to get opinions about the value of items.

In any value-added transaction, the value of something is what a buyer is willing to pay for it, and what the seller thinks is fair compensation for their labor, plus what they paid for the item originally.

in memoriam

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3823 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:50:05 »
Stickers may be functionally worthless, but some people want them anyway. And the person doing the very labor intensive job of positioning each sticker on the switch deserves to be compensated for their time. I have most certainly charged extra for it when I have done builds, when people insisted on stickers, despite my recommendation not to get them.

This is my opinion as well.  If I'm buying, I wouldn't value stickers any higher.  But if I'm stickering for someone else, I'll charge for it (it's the most obnoxious and time-intensive part of the entire keyboard (!)).   :confused:   In fact, I build everything for free, *except* I do charge for sticker jobs.  That's how much I want to not do them.  :))

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #3824 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:54:03 »
@justify: Really no need to be defensive. If you are offering the switches at $0.65/ea for 100 qty, I've already stated that is a fair price. This thread is simply a place to get opinions about the value of items.

In any value-added transaction, the value of something is what a buyer is willing to pay for it, and what the seller thinks is fair compensation for their labor, plus what they paid for the item originally.
Yeah thanks for that.

I don't mean to be defensive, it's just incredibly frustrating when a buyer twists my words to make me out to be some sort of mug, which i'm not. I would be happy to sell around that price, however Signature tried to get them off of me for $30-40 total.

I won't publish his pms because they're private messages, but what he posted in this thread doesn't reflect what took place behind PMs.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3825 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:33:30 »
About €25 shipped is a common price for a set of vintage switches at DT Marketplace; I've made several such deals.

A product+service combo is different from a product. One notable difference is whether the service has been requested, or not. For reference, czarek (FalbaTech) charges a €10 modification fee per board.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3826 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 13:33:51 »

Yeah thanks for that.

I don't mean to be defensive, it's just incredibly frustrating when a buyer twists my words to make me out to be some sort of mug, which i'm not. I would be happy to sell around that price, however Signature tried to get them off of me for $30-40 total.

I won't publish his pms because they're private messages, but what he posted in this thread doesn't reflect what took place behind PMs.
I stand by my Pms and I stand by my price point. I have nothing to hide but it's just unnecessary drama, I will just have to find another source of vintage blacks and you need to find another buyer. GLWS

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #3827 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 17:46:07 »
356CL dark grey edition

Wanting Skeldon

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3828 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 20:21:34 »
GH edition panavise, including 18" cross bar setup for PCB arms (no arms included), and 8"x18"ish steel plate primered, painted (rattle can) and bumpons installed under plate, with holes drilled, tapped, and proper length black oxide countersunk screws.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3829 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 21:12:54 »
356CL dark grey edition

A whole lot.

I'm pretty sure the rules are that they're not supposed to be sold outside of OTD but I could be wrong.

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #3830 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 21:13:33 »
356CL dark grey edition

A whole lot.

I'm pretty sure the rules are that they're not supposed to be sold outside of OTD but I could be wrong.
More or less than the 360c? Or about the same?

Wanting Skeldon

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3831 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 21:37:45 »
356CL dark grey edition

A whole lot.

Definitely more, I couldn't tell you exactly how much though.

Edit: Ok, after a little bit of digging, supposedly they have sold in China in the past for $1300+
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 21:49:59 by ComradeSniper »

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #3832 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 01:45:57 »
356CL dark grey edition

A whole lot.

Edit: Ok, after a little bit of digging, supposedly they have sold in China in the past for $1300+

1300 is like a car.

whats the going rate for a cheat/kmac2/356mini(non og case)?
figures in my head may be 1 year out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 01:48:04 by okooko »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3833 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 03:46:24 »
356CL dark grey edition

A whole lot.

Indeed, the price is around 1.3k, mostly cause the people from China can bring up prices big time :O

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3834 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 03:50:28 »

When I picked up my black 356mini...was around $650.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3835 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 04:01:31 »
Kmac 2 is around 400$  cheat around 350-370 356 mini is about 650-700. All these prices doesn't include shipping

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3836 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 07:08:36 »
How much are vintage blues per switch?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3837 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 07:22:30 »
How much are vintage blues per switch?
Sold some for €0.25 per switch this summer.

Offline Jimmy54669

« Reply #3838 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 08:53:55 »
Hi just received this Keyboard an Cherry G81-12100  got it from ebay it uses old MY cherry switches wantet to ask is it worth something ? i just bought it for the keycaps but unfortunately the keyscaps are not doubleshot but the hole think is in mint condition better said factory new
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 09:11:13 by Jimmy54669 »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #3839 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 09:17:32 »
Hi just received this Keyboard an Cherry G81-12100  got it from ebay it uses old MY cherry switches wantet to ask is it worth something ? i just bought it for the keycaps but unfortunately the keyscaps are not doubleshot but the hole think is in mint condition better said factory new
It's worth basically nothing. MY switches = worthless keyboard, lasered keycaps = worthless keycaps. Sorry.
github

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3840 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 09:19:15 »

Unfortunately, MY switches feel like typing on soggy newspaper, so it won't have much value.  :(  MY boards are usually just purchased for the keycaps, as you seem to have done, since a lot of them have double shot caps.  You can maybe still manage to sell it at a small loss to someone else, but I'm really not sure about that.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3841 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 09:22:45 »
Cherry G81 are worth next to nothing around here. Even though you only got lasered caps, they are still nicer than lasered caps that come stock on most other brands. If the stabilized keys have the standard mounting you might be able to sell the keyset for up to $30.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3842 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 09:58:46 »
how much is the Cherry G81-3000SAU keyset?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3843 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 10:51:45 »

Lots.  I thonk Photekq paid over $200 for the full keyboard.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3844 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 10:53:57 »

Just the keyset then? :)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #3845 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 10:57:03 »

Just the keyset then? :)
Yep! Cherry Dye-subs are pretty rare and command a high premium whenever they do pop up.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Jimmy54669

« Reply #3846 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 12:35:50 »
good that i only paid 10$ for the keyboard ya the stabilizer are some strange ones i never have seen before and this thing isnt working the finger scanner is glowing red, but the leds are only light up in Pc bios after that they off
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 13:13:36 by Jimmy54669 »

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #3847 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 12:05:26 »
How much is a full set of Raptor GID keycaps, a full set?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3848 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 12:12:24 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 11:02:18 by esoomenona »

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #3849 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 12:13:40 »
Oops, I meant a set of 16.