Author Topic: My dad found some stuff while cleaning his apartment  (Read 10955 times)

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
My dad found some stuff while cleaning his apartment
« on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 21:58:19 »

I don't even remember doing it!... But it still sounds like me... In biology class no less... So technically I was "on-topic"...

He also found $850 worth of credits. The only reason he's cleaning at all is because of the inspection tomorrow.

Who else has any cleaning stories?

EDIT: Fixed the pic.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 21:00:06 by The_Ed »
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 22:02:24 »
Lol...get that framed
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 22:04:39 »
I have a framed piece of pipe that the janitor gave me after cutting my finger out of it. What kind of janitor frames stuff for you? He even put a piece of wood dowel inside so I couldn't do it again... I gotta go find that thing now...
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 22:08:01 »
you win life

/thread
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 22:13:24 »
little did your teacher know, you made that girl's night.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 22:16:43 »
Both me and my dad seem to remember something about 2 girls pretending to hump each other. And I guess I said something frowned upon... Hard to believe, I know...
R.I.P.ster

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 22:21:07 »
Quote from: The_Ed;617493
Both me and my dad seem to remember something about 2 girls pretending to hump each other. And I guess I said something frowned upon... Hard to believe, I know...

Was there 1 cup involved?

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 22:56:13 »
Had you just watched A Requiem for a dream?
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline audioave10

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 10:59:20 »
I'm sure we've burned any evidence of my younger years...
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 23:23:36 »
Quote from: MagicMeatball;617499
Was there 1 cup involved?

And then someone framed the cup.

« Last Edit: Thu, 21 June 2012, 23:30:56 by RiffRaff »

Offline harrison

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 08:28:10 »
Quote from: ekw808;617532
Had you just watched A Requiem for a dream?

ass2ass!  that would have been an interesting conversation though... was it a situation where  a teacher overheard you, or did this girl rat on you?  $850 of what kind of credits?

my parents have a few boxes of my old crap, but i know there's nothing that entertaining in them.
[work]ducky tiger dk-9008G2, cherry mx brown|logitech performance mx
[home]corsair k70 LUX RGB, cherry mx brown|logitech G700s

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 09:52:11 »
I don't remember anything but that it was in biology and 2 girls were pretending to hump each other... I wish I could remember what I said... I bet it was hilarious...

I can't find the plaque with the pipe...

$800 apartment credit, $50 card.

My school records have things that would SHOCK you to the point that you would say I'm lying. Some of the things I did do, and some of the things I didn't do. The things I didn't do people made up - but because it was believable from the things I did do they would take their word... The bastards had themselves a nice game of "make up the most elaborate hoax to get me in trouble"... The police know me by name...

My dad would have a hard time in the parent meetings. He had to keep himself from laughing at the things that I said. Funny is funny, but not to teachers and especially principals... My mom didn't think they were funny either...

I only opened 1 envelope and got that surprise. I wonder how many other envelopes got thrown out with better ones.

And yes, it was me who pissed in the garbage cans in "that" room. They could never prove it was me. I did that for weeks (if not months).
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 June 2012, 09:56:32 by The_Ed »
R.I.P.ster

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
Re: My dad found some stuff while cleaning his apartment
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 03:04:12 »
I don't remember anything but that it was in biology and 2 girls were pretending to hump each other... I wish I could remember what I said... I bet it was hilarious...

I can't find the plaque with the pipe...

$800 apartment credit, $50 card.

My school records have things that would SHOCK you to the point that you would say I'm lying. Some of the things I did do, and some of the things I didn't do. The things I didn't do people made up - but because it was believable from the things I did do they would take their word... The bastards had themselves a nice game of "make up the most elaborate hoax to get me in trouble"... The police know me by name...

My dad would have a hard time in the parent meetings. He had to keep himself from laughing at the things that I said. Funny is funny, but not to teachers and especially principals... My mom didn't think they were funny either...

I only opened 1 envelope and got that surprise. I wonder how many other envelopes got thrown out with better ones.

And yes, it was me who pissed in the garbage cans in "that" room. They could never prove it was me. I did that for weeks (if not months).
tell some more stories!

Offline calavera

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 03:27:21 »
came in here expecting some awesome vintage keyboard finds.

leaves entertained nonetheless.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 03:45:26 »
tell some more stories!

Don't let your eyes wander when you're bored in science class. They may accidentally land upon the thong being eaten by the fat chick's whale's asscrack in front of you. Causing you to come out of your daydreaming and scream a girly manly shriek of horror. At which time the entire class and teacher stop and look at you and ask what's wrong/if you want to contribute something.

Moral of the story - Pick a place to look, and keep it there.
R.I.P.ster

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:44:40 »
Did you go to a school in the 1900's? I went to an old fashioned public school and wouldn't have gotten an detention for that... Though I did once get a 'conduct card' for 'shenanigans'

Though alot of the funniest **** I did at schooli never got caught for
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:48:17 by baldgye »

Offline iri

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:49:40 »
Did you go to a school in the 1900's?
he went to school in 'murica!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:56:57 »

Ah, the land of being politically correct, corrupt politicians, and suing everybody and everything because it's your fault and not my own.
R.I.P.ster

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 05:21:31 »
Resolution : Detention
Start Date : 11/3/2008
End Date   :

I assume you escaped somehow...

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 05:23:33 »
Yea, you wouldn't get detention or something like that here either.

We did get in some minor trouble for drunkenly missing the curfew on our school trips to Vienna and Paris.

Getting kicked out of elementary school is a different story

Don't let your eyes wander when you're bored in science class. They may accidentally land upon the thong being eaten by the fat chick's whale's asscrack in front of you. Causing you to come out of your daydreaming and scream a girly manly shriek of horror. At which time the entire class and teacher stop and look at you and ask what's wrong/if you want to contribute something.

Moral of the story - Pick a place to look, and keep it there.
So, did you tell them the truth why you shrieked? :D
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 05:55:59 »

Ah, the land of being politically correct, corrupt politicians, and suing everybody and everything because it's your fault and not my own.
all this means nothing when you can buy cheap top loader washers!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 06:37:36 »

Is this really what you're missing most in Russia?  Ridiculous, but believable.
Model M 1391401 1989 || Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE || XArmor U9BL-S LED || CM Storm QuickFire Rapid

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 07:32:35 »
I don't even know what they are...

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 07:59:33 »
Model M 1391401 1989 || Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE || XArmor U9BL-S LED || CM Storm QuickFire Rapid

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 09:15:20 »
I only have one story like that.

So in middle school China, everyone is afraid of the teacher. cept a few of us that had parents overseas. This is because we know we could never REALLY be punished..

We all sat on flat benches with no backs in the class rooms.

One of my buddies wanted to go to the bathroom, but because he was part of the trouble makers crowd, the teacher didn't let him as punishment..  He looked at me, and I remarked, fu(k this *****...

So in the middle of MATH, he just took his pants off, scooted his ass off the back of the bench and started sh!tting.

I greatly regretted not stopping him as this was a hott summer month, and it smelled terrible..

The teacher started crying and didn't come back to the school for a month.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 09:33:58 »
So in the middle of MATH, he just took his pants off, scooted his ass off the back of the bench and started sh!tting.

This only confirms my suspicions
Show Image

ohh ok, I assumed they were talking about something else becasue... how could anyone actually care that much about which direction they put there washing into a washer...

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 10:08:22 »
I only have one story like that.

So in middle school China, everyone is afraid of the teacher. cept a few of us that had parents overseas. This is because we know we could never REALLY be punished..

We all sat on flat benches with no backs in the class rooms.

One of my buddies wanted to go to the bathroom, but because he was part of the trouble makers crowd, the teacher didn't let him as punishment..  He looked at me, and I remarked, fu(k this *****...

I greatly regretted not stopping him as this was a hott summer month, and it smelled terrible..

The teacher started crying and didn't come back to the school for a month.
my god... You must've had such a fun school life... Lucky b@stard!

Offline iri

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 15:02:05 »

Is this really what you're missing most in Russia?
sure. the country is that perfect.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 15:20:30 »

Honestly, I almost believe you.  When people are water skiing under horsepower (literally), with bikini babes idly watching it all unfold, we've come pretty close to paradise, no? :D

Also, apologies to Ed for the hijack.  I'd add something on topic, but I wasn't nearly as much of a badass in school as you were.

Offline Topre

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 16:50:01 »

Honestly, I almost believe you.  When people are water skiing under horsepower (literally), with bikini babes idly watching it all unfold, we've come pretty close to paradise, no? :D

Show Image

Also, apologies to Ed for the hijack.  I'd add something on topic, but I wasn't nearly as much of a badass in school as you were.

There's so much stuff wrong with that picture. Almost naked chick out in the winter. Man water skiing in very cold water. Guy on the horse is not wearing a seatbelt. Water skiing with a horse. The rope isn't even attached to the horse, the dude is holding it.

Offline iri

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 00:25:18 »
Guy on the horse is not wearing a seatbelt.
sure. every horse rider should wear a seatbelt in case airbag doesn't work.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 12:40:33 »
and always mix antifreeze with the water so it doesn't overheat. ;)

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 14:13:34 »
Was there something in that pic besides that girl's @ss?  I must've missed it.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Topre

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 21:33:41 »
and always mix antifreeze with the water so it doesn't overheat. ;)

I mix it with bleach to clean my engine.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 23:57:01 »
It's weird; I got a call from my high school last year; they were evidently disposing of all the photographs of people who had won academic awards-- they kept them on a wall in the office.

I graduated in 1999.  They actually had to find my current workplace phone (should be a ready Google though) to ring me.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 09:54:11 »
not my story but a kid in my grade went to a basketball game with a bunch of hamsters in his pocket and let them loose in the school.  the janitor found them over a period of a few days and brought them to the biology room where they lived there for a few weeks.  The kid had the balls to go to the teacher and ask for his hamsters back....

another kid took a **** in his hand and smeared it all over the 1 week old new imac g4s screen but i think he had mental issues...
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 13:39:58 »
not my story but a kid in my grade went to a basketball game with a bunch of hamsters in his pocket and let them loose in the school.  the janitor found them over a period of a few days and brought them to the biology room where they lived there for a few weeks.  The kid had the balls to go to the teacher and ask for his hamsters back....

another kid took a **** in his hand and smeared it all over the 1 week old new imac g4s screen but i think he had mental issues...

lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 15:02:15 »
Thread started 5 days after Rowdy joined.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 17:21:31 »
necro supreme :eek:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 17:53:33 »

Holy crap! Rowdy joined on my 60th birthday!

And he now has 20K posts?

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 18:45:27 »
Who finds this stuff?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 20:45:12 »
I found this thread in my basement...
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 21:53:12 »

Holy crap! Rowdy joined on my 60th birthday!

And he now has 20K posts?

A belated happy 60th to you, sir :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ