Author Topic: Trent's Mega Sell Thread [Part 2!]  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Trent

• Trade Count: (0)
Trent's Mega Sell Thread [Part 2!]
« on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 23:44:51 »
For the TL;DR crowd: selling keyboards, paypal only, PM me with items interested, separate shipping containers for multiple items

Edit 8/17/12: Part 2 everyone!  I am listing them slowly but surely, for now I have two great boards for sale ready to be grabbed up by anyone who is looking to buy!

Hello all!  I am selling a variety of items that I got from a massive purchase of vintage keyboards.  This is part 2 of the sale.  A side note: the majority of the money of these sales will be going BACK into geekhack users by conducting other purchases on the classifieds.  There are a lot of boards that I am looking to buy.  A link to my WTB thread will be posted when I have completed it.

Payment Method
PayPal only.

A PayPal invoice will be sent to your email address.  Once it has been processed the order will be shipped within a couple days.

Shipping
For the time being, if you order multiple items I will have to ship them separately. I bought a lot of boxes from uline specifically for this purpose. If you do order multiple items they will be shipped on the same day (assuming you order them on the same day). I do not have any boxes that will fit more than one keyboard, but if the order is large enough I would investigate this! Items will be shipped via USPS Parcel Post to reduce shipping costs. Shipping internationally is expensive but will be done as per special requests.

Updates:
6/23/12 - Thread posted
6/25/12 - Laser keycaps sold, added three AEKII's to the list of for sale
8/17/12 - Corrected colors for new post-r00tw0rm attack color scheme, removed sold items, listed new ones!
8/20/12 - Chicony KB-5181 sold

Chicony KB-5181, Cherry MX Blues
$25 shipped CONUS (SOLD)

Eazy PC Zenith, YELLOW ALPS!
(Please note, that this seems to use the XT protocol and cannot be tested)
$Make me an offer!

Thanks for looking everyone!
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 August 2012, 15:21:13 by Trent »
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 23:48:25 »
For the record, the Chicony is definitely Futabas. I also recognize the switches on the Laser one, but I can't ID them off the top of my head. I'll check tomorrow.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline OddOne

Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 June 2012, 17:02:48 »
YGPM.
CM Quickfire Rapid   |   Rosewill RK-9000BR  |  CM Quickfire Rapid  |

Offline Trent

Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 June 2012, 19:10:28 »
Laser Keyboard has been sold.  All other items still available!
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 June 2012, 19:20:08 »
Shipping
For the time being, if you order multiple items I will have to ship them separately. I bought a lot of boxes from uline specifically for this purpose. If you do order multiple items they will be shipped on the same day (assuming you order them on the same day). I do not have any boxes that will fit more than one keyboard, but if the order is large enough I would investigate this! Items will be shipped via USPS Parcel Post to reduce shipping costs. Shipping internationally is expensive but will be done as per special requests.

Just as a helpful suggestion in case you do need to ship more than one thing, you could put one keyboard in each box, and then tape all the boxes together in a stack and send it as one package. Should save you a fair amount assuming it doesn't go over any size limitations for USPS parcel post.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline Trent

Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 June 2012, 19:55:02 »
Quote from: oneproduct;621235
Just as a helpful suggestion in case you do need to ship more than one thing, you could put one keyboard in each box, and then tape all the boxes together in a stack and send it as one package. Should save you a fair amount assuming it doesn't go over any size limitations for USPS parcel post.

I've seen many individuals attempt to do this at the post office, and every time they tell them that they are not allowed to do this.  I will ask them the next time I go though.
I hate fun

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 24 June 2012, 19:58:26 »
i have amazon prime and have been known to order stupid stuff of a given size that i need but should probably just go outside and buy in order to obtain a box of a given size for free. example: toilet paper.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 June 2012, 19:59:09 »
I don't see why this would be a problem. I had a few keyboards shipped to me from Singapore like this. Even if they didn't allow this, you could easily put some sort of wrapping around the multiple boxes and they would have no idea that they were in fact multiple boxes instead of just one larger one. Anyways GLWS.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline Trent

Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 25 June 2012, 21:47:47 »
One of the Model Ms has been listed on eBay -- link in the initial post
I hate fun

Offline False_Dmitry_II

Re: Trent's Mega Sell Thread
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 00:55:52 »
The problem with shipping that way would be asking. They can't stop you if you don't tell them you did it. Especially if you use brown paper to wrap it, not just obvious tape in suspicious places.

You also need to change the font in your first post, as it is now unreadable in this new default color scheme.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline hamza_tm

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 03:27:22 »
mate the images are huuuuge and without the detail to match the size - quite blurry. Maybe try making them smaller for ease of viewing?

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 15:48:14 »
Another thing, not to sound nitpicky, but that light blue font is nearly impossible to read on the light background. (for me at least)
I had to highlight the text just to read it. : (

EDIT: oopsy! I didn't really realize how old this thread is. Dx

Offline Trent

Re: Trent's Mega Sell Thread [Part 2!]
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 17 August 2012, 20:13:24 »
Another thing, not to sound nitpicky, but that light blue font is nearly impossible to read on the light background. (for me at least)
I had to highlight the text just to read it. : (

EDIT: oopsy! I didn't really realize how old this thread is. Dx

I made the proper edits and also have edited the items available.  It has been a long time since the thread was posted but I do indeed still have items available!  Will be adding a couple more as the days go on.
I hate fun

Offline Trent

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 15:21:45 »
The Chincony has been sold the but Eazy PC is still available.  Rare yellow alps!
I hate fun

Offline tgujay

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 19:39:08 »
Got the chickony, arrived well packed, holy crap is it a nice board for being 23 years old. Older than me haha thanks trent!
Gotta collect them all