Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2298033 times)

Offline gcb

Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #5500 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 22:50:53 »
replacement track point for my 60% tex yoda  :-\

not even mad it arrived broken since it will still take some time for me to assemble it all.

EDIT:

LOL only now looking at the pic after i posted it I realized that tex used those small white square foams that they probably got laying around for some other product or somehing to do a half assed job packing the keyboard in the box.  damn... if they had used a little more cardboard or packed it upside down it would all be fine...

« Last Edit: Fri, 17 October 2014, 22:53:47 by gcb »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5501 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 22:51:59 »
Some beard oil and beard combs.  **** is getting out of control. Time to sexify it.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #5502 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 23:01:59 »
Some beard oil and beard combs.  **** is getting out of control. Time to sexify it.
I need to do some reading on this, my beard is getting more and more homeless looking by the day.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5503 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 23:57:08 »

Show Image

Why did you get 4, are they different sensitivities or do you have 4 yodas?

Edit: Just checked massdrop, my mistake
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 October 2014, 23:59:12 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5504 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 00:01:36 »

I should probably look into this at some point.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #5505 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 06:12:01 »

Sounds like we're going to need a 'post your beards' thread soon!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #5506 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 06:24:35 »
A poker 2 with a beast_plate and a stock poker case! That's it guys, no more keyboard buying for me! (I don't like aluminum and metal case for some reason, which is good cause it saves me money)

Now on to caps!

Offline hammelgammler

« Reply #5507 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 06:39:37 »
I just bought a Leopold FC660C for 120€ incl.
It will be my first Topre Keyboard, the Realforce 87UB 55g will be ordered in a couple of days if i like the Leopold.
Sounds like a good deal to me. Some minor wear on the WASD keys, as there are laser etched, but i think 120€ is still not a bad price.

What do you think?

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #5508 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 22:55:54 »
...So I just got a used Realforce 104UW for a pretty solid price.  I half bought it to put the keycaps on the 104UB I have on the way, but would anyone actually buy a white board with black-on-dark-grey keycaps?  I mean, I shouldn't lose anything if I decide to just sell it as is but I'd really like to have white/grey on my black keyboard.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5509 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 23:01:58 »

I had to do it

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5510 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 23:07:44 »

I had to do it

+5,000   :thumb:

Offline Adopta

« Reply #5511 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 15:10:33 »
A Ducky Mini multi Color LED with Mx red switches.

Is really looking forward to finally receive this keyboard  ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 October 2014, 15:37:09 by Adopta »

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #5512 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 15:14:13 »
A Nexus 9 :D will be so awesome to use it with my JD40! :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5513 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 21:45:36 »
Esprit S3992-M00 and MY FIRST DOLCH BOARD :D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5514 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 23:28:36 »
Ducky Mini Dual LED Backlit Mech Keyboard Cherry Red - Grey, plus the carrying case. Will put banggood pbt white blanks on it.

Will get the year of the horse version if it comes to Oz - if the mouse function is sufficient for (traditional) mouseless keyboarding.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5515 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 23:35:42 »
50 clears and 5 tactile greys to finish my Lightsaver, now I just need to track down 62g springs so I have enough ergo clears.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5516 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 23:37:09 »
Ducky Mini Dual LED Backlit Mech Keyboard Cherry Red - Grey, plus the carrying case. Will put banggood pbt white blanks on it.

Will get the year of the horse version if it comes to Oz - if the mouse function is sufficient for (traditional) mouseless keyboarding.

Just out of curiosity, where did you order the Ducky Mini from?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5517 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 23:49:17 »

Actually, I have a mate living in San Diego who is coming to visit his mom in a couple days, so I ordered it from mechanicalkeyboards.com and had it sent to his place. Hence, I thought I would take advantage of saving on the shipping fees and getting it for sure. Just like we never got the ducky premier here, I didn't want to miss out on this beauty! 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5518 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 23:58:20 »

Actually, I have a mate living in San Diego who is coming to visit his mom in a couple days, so I ordered it from mechanicalkeyboards.com and had it sent to his place. Hence, I thought I would take advantage of saving on the shipping fees and getting it for sure. Just like we never got the ducky premier here, I didn't want to miss out on this beauty! 

Lucky you :)

PCCG actually has them listed as in stock right now!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5519 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 00:04:49 »

I know, but I couldn't risk waiting any longer, as they had stopped advertising them - making me wonder if they would ever come or not. Then when I noticed they had finally come back up for pre-order again there were no ducky mini cases up. Obviously, they had set aside enough for those hanging on, but didn't want to be sold out by every other 60% user out there with their poker 2s:

"We have just received word from the manufacturer that due to ongoing
production delays, our Ducky Mini shipment has been further pushed back to
late October.

As this is the third such delay we have experienced, we have temporarily
removed these from our website until we have received a confirmation that
our shipment has been dispatched.

If you would like to remove these items from your order for a full refund,
please log into your account and follow the prompts via the Request Change
or Request Cancellation buttons. Otherwise, we will keep you updated of any
further changes to the ETA."

;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 October 2014, 04:02:23 by BlackWidowMan777 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5520 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 04:11:44 »

I know, but I couldn't risk waiting any longer, as they had stopped advertising them - making me wonder if they would ever come or not. Then when I noticed they had finally come back up for pre-order again there were no ducky mini cases up. Obviously, they had set aside enough for those hanging on, but didn't want to be sold out by every other 60% user out there with their poker 2s:

"We have just received word from the manufacturer that due to ongoing
production delays, our Ducky Mini shipment has been further pushed back to
late October.

As this is the third such delay we have experienced, we have temporarily
removed these from our website until we have received a confirmation that
our shipment has been dispatched.

If you would like to remove these items from your order for a full refund,
please log into your account and follow the prompts via the Request Change
or Request Cancellation buttons. Otherwise, we will keep you updated of any
further changes to the ETA."

;D

I saw they were gone from their "preorder" list - I just assumed they didn't get anywhere near enough pre-orders to justify stocking them.  Their range has dropped quite a bit over the last couple of years.  Nice to see them actually in stock though.

Slightly back on topic, I have no idea what, if anything, I have in the mail, as I received a couple of eagerly awaited packages last week.

Soon I hope to have something Toxic and something Nuclear on their way.

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5521 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 04:20:19 »

[/quote]

Slightly back on topic, I have no idea what, if anything, I have in the mail, as I received a couple of eagerly awaited packages last week.

Soon I hope to have something Toxic and something Nuclear on their way.
[/quote]

hehe, i'm with u on something Toxic, also Ivan's black blank PBTs. Gotta get me some POMs hmmmm.....more POMs lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5522 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 04:30:42 »
hehe, i'm with u on something Toxic, also Ivan's black blank PBTs. Gotta get me some POMs hmmmm.....more POMs lol

I have not tried anything POM yet.

Yet ........

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5523 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 05:05:06 »

I have not tried anything POM yet.

Yet ........

Well, I bought into the "POMs are great 'specially on cherry mx reds 'hype'" and I tell you what.. they weren't a lying. They're a match made in heaven. I got the keycools I think.

http://www.offerany.com/p-38718181160-KEYCOOL-84-87-104-108-PBT-POM.html

Offerany seems to have gone down a bit of late. I have bought successfully b4 but now the standard of service has dropped some.

These are the sweet babies I got:

http://www.banggood.com/POM-84-Set-Blank-Key-Caps-Black-Keycaps-For-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-p-84082.html

Should have gotten more cos they're sold out now  :(.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #5524 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 18:01:47 »
Got a 107-key, full metal, IBM 4704, battleship-cruiser-sized board on the way from Cindy over at DT. Should be arriving tomorrow, I'm pretty excited.

After this one I think it's time to take a little keyboard buying break and save some money. I've got a collection I'm very happy with at the moment. The only thing I can see wanting is either a beamspring or if by some act of god a smaller Kishsaver comes up for grabs. Maybe MX Greens... oh and Clears... and Alps...

Crap.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #5525 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 18:45:43 »
Leopold low-profile keycaps. Coming from China though, so no doubt they've got lost in the mail.

forever waiting for keycaps.
你搞砸了

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5526 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:03:16 »
Crystal GON TKL

**** yes.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #5527 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:06:00 »
filco majestouch 2 tkl
2 binge caps
usb cable from pexon
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:13:50 by jackalope »
eh o well

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #5528 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 19:13:43 »
Crystal GON TKL

**** yes.

Nice be sure to post pictures when it comes in!

Offline Helterr

« Reply #5529 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:15:32 »
Leopold FC660M!
I've been trying to find one of these used in the US since the beginning of summer, then I discover geekhack, and find one in the classifieds for a great price with MX Clears!
WTB: Any Warmasters! Feel free to PM me!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5530 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:16:16 »
Leopold FC660M!
I've been trying to find one of these used in the US since the beginning of summer, then I discover geekhack, and find one in the classifieds for a great price with MX Clears!

Clears!  Good one!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5531 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:16:48 »
Leopold FC660M!
Aha, there you are :D

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #5532 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:16:58 »

Offline wes1099

• Technology and Dog Enthusiast
« Reply #5533 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:33:29 »

[Leopold FC660C]     [GON NeRD 60]    [Infinity Keyboard]    [ Model M Silver Label]
[Topre 45g Silent]     [Gateron Black]    [Cherry MX Black]     [Model Number 1390636]
                                                                                         [May 20, 1987]

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5535 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 20:35:36 »
apparently I'm supposed to get some gold springs soon

*cough* HOFFMAN *cough*

;) :-*

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5536 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:09:04 »
apparently I'm supposed to get some gold springs soon

*cough* HOFFMAN *cough*

;) :-*

i got my shipping notification last night, thanks bro
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #5537 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:09:30 »
Some more Murata Range artbooks, and maybe, maybe, maaaybe a Duck Viper, if tjcaustin built it already.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5538 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:16:25 »
a few more danbos. I just can't stop

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #5539 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:25:28 »
I should buy a danbo or 12.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline wes1099

• Technology and Dog Enthusiast
« Reply #5540 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 21:47:01 »
Vortex pbt back-lit is almost in the mail. Infinity keyboard kit should be in the mail in December, and I am sure I will find something else to order soon. What the heck is a danbo?

[Leopold FC660C]     [GON NeRD 60]    [Infinity Keyboard]    [ Model M Silver Label]
[Topre 45g Silent]     [Gateron Black]    [Cherry MX Black]     [Model Number 1390636]
                                                                                         [May 20, 1987]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5541 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 04:45:00 »
Ha!  I have something in the mail now!

Some keycaps from QWER.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #5542 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 14:25:09 »
...I'm sad.  I was just about to finally bite the bullet and order an HHKB, but I get a paypal error stating that it's not actually in stock when I go to pay.  Is that paypal being weird or is EK just slow to update their actual website?

now I'm going to go back to hemming and hawwing about the decision for who knows how long

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #5543 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 14:57:06 »
...I'm sad.  I was just about to finally bite the bullet and order an HHKB, but I get a paypal error stating that it's not actually in stock when I go to pay.  Is that paypal being weird or is EK just slow to update their actual website?

now I'm going to go back to hemming and hawwing about the decision for who knows how long

Tenso is always an option and might just come out cheaper depending on where you live. I'm not sure about getting a replacement though, as it won't be as easy as going through EK.

Offline gcb

« Reply #5544 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 16:42:38 »

Show Image

not even mad it arrived broken since it will still take some time for me to assemble it all.

EDIT:

LOL only now looking at the pic after i posted it I realized that tex used those small white square foams that they probably got laying around for some other product or somehing to do a half assed job packing the keyboard in the box.  damn... if they had used a little more cardboard or packed it upside down it would all be fine...

I finally got the replacement! and it had one part on the board left unpopulated... sigh... guess i'm now, again, waiting for the same part...

oh, and i can get on the beard thread. search amazon for "Beardsley Ultra Shampoo for Beards, Wild Berry" i can attest to its effectiveness. also, it does not have smell, but does have blueberry taste :D great for that mustache cleaning.

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
« Reply #5545 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 18:38:46 »
Poker2 will be here tomorrow. excited.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5546 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:22:23 »

That's normal with EK, I remember back when they had the colored blank sets listed as "in stock" on their site and I went to buy a couple, paypal said they were out of stock. :(

If you were going for the white blank one, Hcry's got a Type-S for sale for only a little bit more than you would've paid for a normal one from EK after shipping: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64515.0

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #5547 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:32:08 »
Hmm, that's rather tempting, though white isn't my first choice and I feel too casual for blank keys (granted, the black keys are pretty close to it but I would still have a reference as I learn to use a 60%).  Thanks for looking out though.

though i just realized, I could sell/trade the blank keys and get some printed ones....hmmhmm...
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 October 2014, 19:44:06 by a_ak57 »

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #5548 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 21:11:29 »
TKL hard case from Binge and an OTD 356mini v2! HYPE HYPE HYPE
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread