Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2295123 times)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #5250 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 20:17:59 »
My FC750R just arrived today, I love it! Definitely feel the difference between POM and thick PBT caps.

Show Image

Sup my long lost cousin

Unless that's a g402 in which case we aren't related anymore.
Massdrop are having issues getting the KC22s in stock from Massdrop. But hopefully I will get it it by the end of September :)

Here's to hoping they don't suck  :p

I don't really care about the Kalih switches that much. I had a play on one of the new Razer boards at I52 (the guys on the stand didn't know if they had the new switches in, and looked almost horrified when I pulled the Esc cap off to check) and they feel alright, and CPT Badass has reviewed a KC with Kalihs.

I just love KC too much to accept if it actually does suck though tbh. But I thought I would try out a numpad so I don't have to sacrifice so much on a POS...
I'm surprised you love KC so much.

Offline yuukou

« Reply #5251 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 20:23:49 »
Nope, it is a G502 ^-^

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5252 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 20:29:04 »
Should have the JD40 in the mail(shipping out tomorrow hopefully), as well as some blank pbt rgby modifiers. More stuff is about to ship though.

Offline Altis

« Reply #5253 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 20:48:47 »
Realforce 87UW 55g from EK en route.

I am sure looking forward to it!
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #5254 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:04:48 »
Massdrop are having issues getting the KC22s in stock from Massdrop. But hopefully I will get it it by the end of September :)
Hey everyone,We have just received some news about the keycaps for this keypad drop. We were originally informed that the keycaps would be POM plastic. Keycool has recently started to phased out the production for POM keycaps in favor of backlit ABS plastic caps, and they just found out they do not have any POM keycaps left in the inventory to support this order.Since POM is unavailable and no longer an option, we will be shipping the participants of this drop PBT keycaps instead at no extra charge. In the meantime, we are also doing everything we could to ensure the order will be ready as soon as possible.We'll updating again next Tuesday or sooner if something comes up.

Cheers

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5255 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:22:27 »
Hey everyone,We have just received some news about the keycaps for this keypad drop. We were originally informed that the keycaps would be POM plastic. Keycool has recently started to phased out the production for POM keycaps in favor of backlit ABS plastic caps, and they just found out they do not have any POM keycaps left in the inventory to support this order.Since POM is unavailable and no longer an option, we will be shipping the participants of this drop PBT keycaps instead at no extra charge. In the meantime, we are also doing everything we could to ensure the order will be ready as soon as possible.We'll updating again next Tuesday or sooner if something comes up.

Cheers

Oooooh, well that's nice of them ^_^
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #5256 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 23:23:36 »
Sleeved usb cable for my JD40(SmallFry) :)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5257 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 06:06:55 »
McMaster-Carr: nuts and bolts for a bolt mod

Unicomp: pivot plates/springs, key replacements, and RGB mods for said bolt mod

Mouser: diodes, leds, and resistors. Going towards future phantom build.

At least part of all of this should be here within 12hrs. According to the tracking pages it will all get here in that time. Looking forward to a busy day dedicated to a couple of full M's.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5258 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 06:50:51 »
Impatiently waiting for a BroSet from BunnyLake and a gold BroBot from Belfong

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #5259 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 06:54:25 »
So much awesome on the way.

One Ribbit, two KBKs, three Clacks, two aluminium cases, Penumbra set, NIB Cherry WoB set and a 60% Duck plate!

This should keep me satisfied for a LONG time.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5260 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 06:55:19 »

One Ribbit, two KBKs, three Clacks, two aluminium cases, Penumbra set, NIB Cherry WoB set and a 60% Duck plate!

I give you 1 week, tops.  :p

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #5261 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:00:23 »
Pink on White Vortex PBT doubleshots from clacktalk :)  Should be here tomorrow.
Gotta collect them all

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5262 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:03:41 »
More keyboard parts for keyboards I will probably never use.....*sigh*.....what's wrong with me?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5263 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:23:38 »

Yeah. And I have a Angry Summer set in MX on its way, a Bro set, one Jawless lit, one Dolly and two clacks - the fun part is the waiting and anticipating and checking the tracking app daily!!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5264 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 08:45:43 »

I give you 1 week, tops.  :p
I'm actually pretty satisfied with my collection now! I've got custom cases on all  three of my keyboards in use and four full Cherry sets. Will probably replace my Pures with Nerd60s but that can wait for the time being, got my GH60 back from repair today so I want to get some use out of that for at least a few months.

There is always the lure of more artisan caps but I dare say my luck has run out for a fair while considering I have six in the mail right now!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #5265 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 08:47:16 »
My PBT Leopold font facing black key caps are in the mail, can't wait!
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5266 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 09:48:02 »

Yeah. And I have a Angry Summer set in MX on its way, a Bro set, one Jawless lit, one Dolly and two clacks - the fun part is the waiting and anticipating and checking the tracking app daily!!

I really think the Gold BroBot will look killer with the BroSet

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5267 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 15:06:19 »
Just bought the best looking non-refurbished Apple M0110 I've ever seen. Must've been stowed away in a dark closet or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171448375509?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline ryhanson

« Reply #5268 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 20:02:11 »
My second Poker II. First one was standard black with MX Browns, it now has the Raindrop v2 set on it. My new Poker is a white one with Cherry MX Blues.

Offline Laki

« Reply #5269 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 21:14:23 »
Hello guys.

Got this bad boy for 5 euros and while google-ing i found your forum and decided to join.Only thing that is bad is that I dont have a DIN to PS2 adapter and I cant find one,but we will se,maybe i bump into one.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #5270 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 21:19:38 »
Hello guys.

Got this bad boy for 5 euros and while google-ing i found your forum and decided to join.Only thing that is bad is that I dont have a DIN to PS2 adapter and I cant find one,but we will se,maybe i bump into one.
Very nice pickup! Those look like doubleshot caps, hope they're still in pretty good shape!  :thumb:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Laki

« Reply #5271 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 21:23:45 »
Hello guys.

Very nice pickup! Those look like doubleshot caps, hope they're still in pretty good shape!  :thumb:

Well it looks like it has not been used,I dont know. Dude got it from Germany.Can you explain what doubleshots are? Something like MX switches right? Tnx for the answer.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #5272 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 21:44:04 »
doubleshot is a very durable way to make the letters on the plastic keycap that sits on top of the Cherry MX switches.

Offline Laki

« Reply #5273 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 21:52:36 »
doubleshot is a very durable way to make the letters on the plastic keycap that sits on top of the Cherry MX switches.

Tnx for response :) . Cant wait to get it.Would it be a sin if a painted it?Something like light blue?And caps too!Caps would be white i guess with nothing on them.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5274 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 21:53:20 »
Hello guys.

Well it looks like it has not been used,I dont know. Dude got it from Germany.Can you explain what doubleshots are? Something like MX switches right? Tnx for the answer.

Double shot is a way of creating legends on caps. You essentially have a cutout of the legends on a base cap and inject another material of a different color/material into the area for the legend. This makes it so that the legend stays on even as the caps wears down
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5275 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 21:55:10 »

Tnx for response :) . Cant wait to get it.Would it be a sin if a painted it?Something like light blue?And caps too!Caps would be white i guess with nothing on them.

Get some blank keycaps if you want to do your own painting. Either that or you might have better luck finding a set of caps in the colour you want

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5276 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 00:20:25 »
Hello guys.

Welcome to Geekhack!

AT to PS/2 adaptors can still be found - try eBay if you don't know anyone with a few lying around.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #5277 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 04:24:02 »
Two intelli78 hard keyboard cases for my JD40 and Poker II :D

Offline moukimokyu

« Reply #5278 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 08:27:18 »
Poker II (MX Clears from Massdrop - non-backlit). Expecting them either by the end of this week or start of next. Also my TEX acrylic case (from another MD GB) should arrive not too long after that...or thereabouts.
Also picked up a used Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 (wired version) for $10 + P&H on eBay. Happy to give it a go at that price.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #5279 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 09:56:36 »

I think the caps could be worth keeping as they are, just try to clean them a little.
you could get a cheap white set instead maybe.
but the case shouldn't be a bad idea to paint as it would look nice and new if you do? could be a cool project. and if you are planning on opening it up, it could be worthwhile to clean it and see what condition it is in! always fun to check.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #5280 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 09:58:03 »
SQUEE!

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 September 2014, 11:08:28 by Blackehart »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #5281 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 15:28:59 »
110 MX Clears
Gold and Silver switch stickers
G81-1800HAU NIB
Noxious Reaper
Sip Sockets
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5282 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 15:30:38 »
SQUEE!

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats man that looks friggen awesome!

110 MX Clears
Gold and Silver switch stickers
G81-1800HAU NIB
Noxious Reaper
Sip Sockets

Aww yeah, gold and silver on some customs. Those will definitely have some nice servicing pictures!

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #5283 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 08:39:37 »
A DSI modular keypad for Mac with MX Blues. A version with MX Browns exists, but it was more expensive.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5284 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 09:12:30 »
New tank for my ecig along with a couple coils and a 3 pack of pilot disposable fountain pens.  The one CBA sent me didn't like sitting in a hot car over the weekend.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #5285 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 09:44:46 »
 :-X MSI GE70 Apache Pro "gaming" laptop for work...

Offline SaySo

« Reply #5286 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 14:43:01 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:48:39 by SaySo »

Offline Altis

« Reply #5287 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 16:00:13 »
Finally got my 55g Realforce 87UW in the mail today.

So far, I quite like the feel and sound of the board. The build quality isn't as great as I hoped given the price, though. I'll have to post up a review once I get some miles on it.

I am glad I got tried Topre, and I'm even more interested to see how an FC660C or HHKB would feel in comparison with this.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline gooseta

« Reply #5288 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:00:35 »
pure pro and pulse sa keyset
WASD v1 with browns
Ducky Shine 3 TKL with blues and orange backlight
KBT Pure with greens
Leopold FC660M with blues
Spirit 87% with clears

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5289 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 21:50:13 »
http://kc-keycool.com/product.php?mod=detail&id=50

THIS IS COMING. I'M EXCITED.

**** the Kalih haters :D

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5290 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 21:52:25 »
http://kc-keycool.com/product.php?mod=detail&id=50

THIS IS COMING. I'M EXCITED.

**** the Kalih haters :D

They should have been pretentious like Razer and named that product "The Hydra"
So then people would say "Kailh Hydra" :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5291 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 21:57:34 »
I just think it looks cool as hell. When this arrives I will have all four sizes of Keycool (if they get their **** together and sort out the Massdrop KC22 order) two with Cherry and two with Kalih. If I don't like the Kalihs I will just swap the switches out.

But I just think it looks awesome...

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5292 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 22:36:46 »
My first candy corn blank! So excited :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5293 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 22:41:25 »

So I'm guessing this is a CC. And I'm wondering how many you have now. And I'm wondering if you will sell me one :'(

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5294 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 22:42:22 »

So I'm guessing this is a CC. And I'm wondering how many you have now. And I'm wondering if you will sell me one :'(
Yeah I traded one of my recent clacks from the sale for it, the hunt is finally over!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5295 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 22:43:43 »
so jelly :(

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5296 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 22:56:41 »

Congrats mate.  :D I saw one for sale the other day, but couldn't bring myself to spend the large amount of money it was priced at... One day I shall get one!  :p

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5297 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 22:56:49 »
so jelly :(
It'll happen man, I had exactly zero clacks like 5 months ago!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #5298 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 23:10:13 »
A Dell AT101W
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #5299 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 23:24:14 »
:-X MSI GE70 Apache Pro "gaming" laptop for work...

And I suppose that your work is testing games ? ;)
Don't tell my boss that...  :p