Author Topic: Crowdsourcing my opinion: Should I sell my poker in favor of another filco?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline emptythecache

• out.
So right now I have a filco MJ2 TKL w/reds at home, and at work I use a poker with reds (and aluminum shell and pbt caps and all that), and I'm thinking about selling my poker in favor of another filco for work. I've gotten used to all the little quirks about the poker's layout, but I am sort of starting to question WHY I simply put up with those quirks. I'm a coder, so I use a lot of arrow keys, home, end, insert, delete, pg up and down, and the F keys. I also happen to miss right alt, but that's more because of personal shortcuts I've set up previously. Like I said I've gotten used to those being a key combination instead of just a key, but it would be easier in the long run to have a more normal layout. Is the coolness of the poker (which, come on. it's damn cool) worth the slight awkwardness? If I sold everything I have for my poker (including 2 aluminum cases), it's easily enough to buy TWO filcos (although I wouldn't, I'm very adamant on staying at one home keyboard and one work keyboard). Bearing in mind that I obviously know that its all a matter of personal preference and this is a ridiculous topic in general, what do you guys think?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Switch home and work keyboards?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline emptythecache

• out.
ehhh gaming on a poker feels weird too. It's an option, but I'm leaning more towards all TKL all the time.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
I have the same issue with my poker (arrow keys, page keys, etc), but I love the softness of the pcb mount as my hands seem to hurt less after many hours of writing. I admittedly bottom out a ton... especially since I type while standing.

Despite that, I am still debating on whether or not to trade the Poker in for a Filco with browns or reds just to see how I feel after a few thousand words. Other than the soft landing, I'd say the only real reasons to keep your poker would be if you need to save space, need something extra portable (I don't think a tenkeyless board is that much less portable at all), or you want to do a ton of switch-testing/swapping without soldering. Do you need it for any of those things? Any other reason you can think of that is beneficial to you keeping it?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.