Author Topic: [GB] Team Liquid engraved singles and Zerg Numpad  (Read 10966 times)

Offline Kronen

[GB] Team Liquid engraved singles and Zerg Numpad
« on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 15:15:33 »
Hi Geekhack!  New member here and I am firing up a groupbuy for some TL caps and a Zerg numpad cluster from WASD.

Zerg Numpad

TL Keycap
1388-0

Current Interest:

Zerg numpad: 3
Kronen
eNrageDSainT
projectD

TeamLiquid engraved single (in any color of your choosing): 4
Kronen x4

Available colors for the both sets:

black, white, grey, beige, blue, red, green, orange, yellow

Current price for keys:

Zerg:
2 buyers = 29.50 USD each
3 = 25  <----
4 = 23.25
5 = 22
6 = 21.17
10 = 17.80
20 = 15.02

TL engraved cap:

2 for 7.50
3 = 6.00  <---
5 = 5.00
10 = 3.50
25 = 2.00

Shipping:

As of now, I'm only planning on shipping to the CONUS with bubblemail at 3$ an order.  If you want me to ship international please specify that in the request and I'll work with you to research shipping options to your country.

To Order:

Please fill out the following form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHBGempMWWl1emJBQUR4QVlCSWR3UEE6MQ

Questions?  Post below or PM me!  Thanks!
---

Details on why the price for the zerg image fluctuates so much:

The zerg numpad requires a one-time 25$ image setup fee and the pressings are a dollar a key after that.  After 10 people sign on, the key + engraving drops to .90 a key; after 20: $.80 a key.

For the zerg image:
$25.00 setup is fixed regardless of sets:
1-9 sets, $17/per set
10+, $15.30
20+, $13.77
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 August 2012, 21:25:00 by Kronen »
Interested in some O-Rings? Try mine: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33329.0

fartq

Re: [IC] Starcraft 2 themed custom numpads and singles
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 15:42:31 »
for those prices you might want to check out SP's PBT dye sub pricing. that way you could get full color printing of the logo over the caps. there is a small keep out area at the edge of each cap, but the ability to do rgb printing might be worth the (potentially pretty minimal) extra cost.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 16:31:08 »
for those prices you might want to check out SP's PBT dye sub pricing. that way you could get full color printing of the logo over the caps. there is a small keep out area at the edge of each cap, but the ability to do rgb printing might be worth the (potentially pretty minimal) extra cost.

SP does not like making copyrighted things. You must of forgotten. = )

Other choices:
Imsto
qtan
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 16:34:22 »
Will those keys work with backlit keyboards? if so I'm in for a Terran Set :)

BTW : seems like my TL black key got popular right here ^^ (yes that key was mine (sold it to a GH Member))

Let me know (pm or whatever) for the keys :)
thanks a lot (and awesome board btw! I love the 4 keys with the Toss units! where did you get them from?)
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 July 2012, 16:36:15 by eNrageDSainT »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 16:58:17 »
I come back on what I said, I'll be in for a Toss one ^^ (as I switched not a long time ago), and do you still have the picture you used for those toss keys?

Offline Kronen

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 17:26:13 »
Certainly, let me get those up for you really quick.  I used GIMP to make the backgrounds transparent and went from there.  (Yes... I did steal your pic  :-[)  The other pic of the toss board was off the WASD website as one of their customer creations.

* zerg-board-cutout-final.xcf (44.99 kB - downloaded 150 times.)891-1893-2895-3

I'll ask but I'm pretty sure the ABS caps will show backlighting.  My plan was to go black keys with white engraving so the swarm symbol lights up blood red on my Shine :-).  I'll ask WASD what their experience has been with their keys and backlighting.

for those prices you might want to check out SP's PBT dye sub pricing.

Are those prices a bit steep?  Seemed reasonable enough considering the number of keys involved, but then again it's not dye-sub or color.  If I could get 1-2 other people interested in the Zerg set I'd jump on it.   Also, I'm pretty sure Ragnarok is looking at dye sub with SP.

As far as copyrights go, I'll let you know that I've contacted TL and Day9 about this project.  If we can get a [9] key or [J] key printed I'd order a couple extra and send them along to him as well.
Interested in some O-Rings? Try mine: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33329.0

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 17:33:54 »
I did the TL without asking them :( forgot about it :(

as I'm not a Zerg Player, I can still be interested by the Terran version if needed ^^

EDIT : ups! They look awesome but ... I ordered a tenkeyless keyboard T_T ... so unless you want to make this smaller and for the inser suppr block of keys, I won't take them T_T sorry, I'm sad cause it really looked awesome!
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 July 2012, 17:51:48 by eNrageDSainT »

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 22:15:37 »
Those are cool. I am still working on the spells/abilities hotkey set so don't worry about that, but the rest gets a thumbs up from me! I don't have a tenkey so unfortunately I don't get to enjoy the macro image that is probably my favorite design you have, but I might buy a couple to sell anyways. The Day [9] key should be something like the \| key so you can fit the whole legend in. Would be a great custom to do that doesn't end up on the esc row.

Offline Kronen

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 22:48:15 »
Dude, you'll get a much better product for the Day9 key.  If you want to pilfer that be my guest.  I love your idea of putting it on 1.25 or more key.  We could compress it to fit on the 9 or the J it woudln't be the same.

Too many people on GH roll TKL :-).  Was hoping to have one bite on the zerg set at least...

Offline Amo

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 00:37:26 »
I have a TKL as well, but I am interested in the Day9 key!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 03:01:29 »

SP does not like making copyrighted things. You must of forgotten. = )

Other choices:
Imsto
qtan
i did, completely. i don't know that qtan can do large dyesub runs. i think he just dyes the keys a solid color. imsto is an option though. he can be contacted through his vendor forum.

this is probably too ambitious a project for a first timer though. my suggestion is to stick to a day9 key, and find an experienced sponsor to help run the GB end. there are many of good options for sponsors, if you can provide them with solid communication with day9. i know more than a couple experienced GB organizers who would jump at the chance to make a day9 modifier :D (hashbaz, and tsangan for sure, but I know there are plenty more!)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 05:19:00 »
I'll bite on a zerg set. What keycap color you thinking of? White engraved?

And if Day[9] allows it, I'll be in for that as well. Just remember though he does have his own line of merchandise.  Also somehow should include the slogan be a better gamer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 July 2012, 05:22:33 by projectD »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 05:25:43 »
I'm actually thinking about buying a numpad (mechanical of course ... hum ... does that exist? ^^ someone can help me? I would like a black one ^^)

So actualy I would still be in (but not for the zerg one :-/)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 11:35:37 »
I'm actually thinking about buying a numpad (mechanical of course ... hum ... does that exist? ^^ someone can help me? I would like a black one ^^)

So actualy I would still be in (but not for the zerg one :-/)

yes they make 10key mechanicals
just how much you want to spend on one lol
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823166110
i believe that's MX blues
http://www.ergogeek.com/ione-scorpius-22-numeric-mechanical-keypad-ps-2--at-black.html
http://www.ergogeek.com/ione-scorpius-22-cherry-mechanical-key-switch-usb-keypad.html
this iOne looks like the same as Adesso but comes in beige or black

a little more expensive, there's Filco ones
http://www.amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-TenKeyPad-Tactile-Numberpad/dp/B000MGBPNI

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 11:40:33 »
I like it
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 11:59:26 »
well ok, count me in for a Terran one :D last word! :)

Offline Kronen

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 12:28:49 »
mkawa brings up a good point.  I am very inexperienced when it comes to organizing a groupbuy.  With that in mind I've decided to only sponsor/organize a groupbuy for the Zerg set, and (if there's desire) the engraved TeamLiquid technicolor caps.  The TL caps will be the easiest to make and look the best with WASD's setup.  While I think the Day9 cap would look nice on the yellow WASD cap engraved, the possibility of a double-shot Day9 cap is just too appealing.  :D

enraged, would you be interested in organizing the terran groupbuy?  We can keep interest posts current on the thread.  PM me and I'll give you the basic info get you in contact Weyman.  He's been very helpful with all of my questions!

ProjectD, yay another zerg!  While I'm thinking of going black with white engraving, you can choose any color from the pic at the bottom of this post.  The laser etching will look like the color shown (except for the black in which the current white etching is much sharper and brighter with less yellow tinge).  I'll also post some examples of multi-key setups to get a feel for their previous work.  Some are more effective than others patternwise. 

The colors shown apply also to the TL caps, with the engraving examples being at the bottom.  I'm probably going to get 4 total for the TL cap, in Black, red, blue, and yellow.... Might go more, maybe an orange....  Depends on whether I want to fill up my Ins-PgDn quadrant  :-[.

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 July 2012, 12:30:21 by Kronen »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 12:36:27 »
Well I would be interested in the Terran one, but as I'm the only one :( it's a bit sad :(

I loved the first picture with the keyboard full with custom keycaps.

a question, could you PM me (as it's maybe a bit out of subjets) with the way you did to get the picture of a race (like the Terran one) cut and on keycaps? (as I'm really bad for that snif) I don't know if I was clear or not ^^

Offline Kronen

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 12:49:26 »
PM'd and surreptitiously linked the file you asked for

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 14:51:33 »
i just foresee myself using the Red Alert keycap set for a while, so i'd want something that'll match it
white engraved would work, white with Red engraved outline would kickass imo lol

And i just like the Zerg design for the TKey, i myself play as Terran (lol terran nub), but id rock the zerg set =)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 15:05:27 »
the problem I have is the tenkeyless keyboard :( but ok ... I'm in for the zerg one! :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 16:36:27 »
oh and, THANKS for your PM ^^! I forgot to say you thx! ^^

EDIT : SO! how much are we for those Zerg keys? :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 August 2012, 09:07:42 by eNrageDSainT »

Offline Kronen

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 01 August 2012, 12:27:24 »
I'm going to get all my ducks in a row officially (asking moderators on this board, etc etc) and learn how to handle a group buy so that everyone is covered and has a paper trail.  I'm hoping to figure all that stuff out no later than Friday, organize a true GB thread for the zerg set and TL caps, then get orders in either before I leave for my marriage ceremony/honeymoon on August 14 or when I get back on the 24th.  I'll keep you posted!  Hopefully the administrator approved GB thread will be up before week's end.

With the 3 of us right now I'm anticipating the 25$ price point for the zerg set.  Probably 3bucks for shipping on top of that.  If you have anything else you want ordered from WASD you can throw it in and avoid multiple shipping charges.  I'm going to grab some textured caps for my 4, S and D keys, and some o-rings.  More people will reduce that 25 buck price further, but I doubt we'll get more than 10...  even if I open this up to TL people (which I'm hesitant to do...).  Thoughts on opening it up to TL?
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 August 2012, 12:29:25 by Kronen »

Offline Kronen

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 01 August 2012, 12:31:47 »
i just foresee myself using the Red Alert keycap set for a while, so i'd want something that'll match it
white engraved would work, white with Red engraved outline would kickass imo lol

And i just like the Zerg design for the TKey, i myself play as Terran (lol terran nub), but id rock the zerg set =)

Hmm I don't know what would work best with that cap set.  I wish they could laser etch white on red.... that'd be perfect for ya.  Maybe the red with black? or white with black?  Weyman suggested the black cap with the white lettering when I prompted him with the idea (but that could be because he wants to show off his new white engraving method :-) ).  Tough choice though.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 01 August 2012, 12:50:47 »
I would love it to be on black keys :( ^^ I'm wanting to order a space bar too from wasd :) with the logo of my team, but i'm a bit hesitant, not sure yet, so I'll probably not do it immediately (have to think a bit, and My GF is there for a week (and she starts to be mad at me spending my money on keyboards xD)) so I'll have to wait like minimum 1 week to "design" my space bar.

I would definitely open a thread on TL, I'm sure we could find some person there wanting this Zerg set (just don't post the others I think (as they look less good anyway)) so we could maybe lower the cost.

but it's your GB, so it's your decision ^^

cheers,
eNrageDSainT

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 01 August 2012, 18:54:02 »
WASD is a diff. profile key... so...

x_x

all these different profiles/shape between brands really get to me.

Offline Kronen

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 01 August 2012, 20:06:13 »
WASD is a diff. profile key... so...

x_x

all these different profiles/shape between brands really get to me.

That's definitely a worry for me too....  For the numpad thought I don't think having a different profile will matter so much because it's isolated and self-contained.  The same holds true for the ancillary Print screen through the arrow keys section... I'm not too bothered by profile mismatches there.

I'm worried about Ragnarok's SC2 groupbuy because I don't think I can deal with having SP profile next to my Filco profile on keys that I actually use in SC2...  it would throw me too hard...

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 11:55:57 »
Just get yourself a SP keyset... Having a BW currently I would need a ragnarok 104 blk red and tsangan 1.5x mods add on kit to be uniform.

Idk when that buy happened... was never really informed of it existing I just knew of the mod buy since ive been trying to get an add on kit off of tsangan in PMs since before they were made. Now i've just been ignored I take it.

When I was informed;
Quote from: hashbaz
The buy is being run on one of the Korean forums in coordination with tsangan.  I don't have a link but I talked to tsangan and he says you can get in if you want, but you'll have to be fast as he's putting the order in to SP today.  The buy is for "tsangan kits" which includes 1.5x mods among other things:

1 Spacebar 7x (Cherry)
2 Alt 1.5x
2 Control 1.5x
2 Diamond 1x (Row 4)
2 Star 1x  (Row 4)
1 Stepped CapsLock ( off center stemmed )  (Dolchbag + Capslock text)

They are white on black only, $10.44 per set + fees (legend fee/paypal/shipping).

Drop tsangan a PM here on geekhack and let him know how many you want ASAP.

So I did;
Quote from: Lu_e
Hello again!

I heard you are ordering 1.5x mods among other things. See hashbaz was looking to get 1.5x mods but then had to cancel them due to lack of demand. I'm hoping you haven't put in your order yet... please could I get a set?  If I can is 7x the only spacebar? if it is please I still would buy just for the mods...

Thank you,
Lou

Hi,

Yeah it comes as a kit so unfortunately I cannot separate it.

If you are interested I will get you the total for one set in a bit the order has been placed already so I will figure out the cost of 1 set + shipping to you

Quote from: Lu_e
Are these being made? Didnt get a reply before... very interested :)

I told you they were being made already lol and the order has been placed already

2 pm's since then... nothing. Pretty neat. Done with that.

Anyway, im gonna make a 1.5 mod thread in WASDs section because I would switch to some of their keys, even everything but the spacebar would be nice if I have to do it that way. But they dont make 1.5 mods.

Offline Kronen

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 12:36:48 »
Just get yourself a SP keyset... Having a BW currently I would need a ragnarok 104 blk red and tsangan 1.5x mods add on kit to be uniform.

I would be interested if they could get a SP kit that worked as well with backlights as my stock Ducky keys.  Until that time I'm not really in the market.  Currently, I'm thinking of checkering with a KBT Race white capset if I can get a hand on one. 

You're right though... for all the custom sets purchased on this site, SP seems to be the way to go if you get settled into it. 

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 05 August 2012, 14:35:34 »
Hey! What's up?!

What about those keys? do we forget them? or are we still going to order them?

Offline Kronen

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 05 August 2012, 15:09:46 »
Hey dude, my requests for guidance from multiple parties have gone largely ignored in the ensuing drama of the last couple days.  I'm a little frustrated, but not going to let this get me down.  Tonight I'll organize the post for the GB and we'll go from there.  Still very muchso interested in getting the keys made!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 05 August 2012, 15:11:48 »
Could you please then post the link here too for the GB? as my girlfriend is sleeping at my house for a few days, I don't really have the time to check the GB forum. So I can post That I want a Zerg one :)

thanks a lot! and keep it up!

fartq

Re: [GB] Team Liquid engraved singles and Zerg Numpad
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 00:26:03 »
i've been quite responsive to your pms, kronen. with only a few orders, i would suggest just uploading the SVGs and individually ordering from wasd. the price per person will be basically the same, and it will allow you to make a couple prototypes first :D

Offline Kronen

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 06:58:31 »
You and danielucf have been very helpful!! ;D  I do appreciate the help even if its the advice i need more than the advice i want, mkawa.  But you're right this buy is small potatoes largely.

If no bites come in from the ancillary TL posts I'm just going to order at the 25 price point and forget the TL caps.

fartq

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 09:10:05 »
good plan. when making new stuff, don't go whole hog immediately. make a few, cogitate, make a few more, cogitate a bit, then when you're absolutely sure you have something mass produceable, do it live.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 12:34:27 »
Well, when will you know when you will make the GB? i mean, how much .time will you wait for the TL post?

Offline TypoVampire

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 23:21:25 »
Bumping this as I want a Zerg Numpad too and want to get my own set orded. I am currently in contact with Kronen, and have pictures to show what it will come out as.

http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

If anyone is interested in getting some with me , the price will dramatically drop if we can get 2 - 3 people together. Post here or shoot me a message~

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 01:02:05 »
If anyone is interested in getting some with me , the price will dramatically drop if we can get 2 - 3 people together. Post here or shoot me a message~

Damn, it makes me want to get a 104 keyboard.  What's the ball-park figure for this Group Buy?

Is it out of PBT or ABS?

Definitely interested, in getting one.  Let us know when and how to proceed with this Group Buy especially in getting the Numpad although I have no idea of what a Zerg is........ignorant I know.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 September 2012, 01:04:26 by Elrick »

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 13:01:14 »
Locked for now, will potentially reopen/ move when the OP can post in GB's and if there is significant interest to do one.