Author Topic: Post your clacks!  (Read 7920715 times)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
Re: Post your clacks!
« Reply #8300 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 20:55:26 »
Maybe don't smash your finger onto it like that? I understand that it's probably loose, but judging from that video it's not a jumping frog toy...

I'm not hitting it any harder than you would in normal usage.  It's so loose that I don't even need a key cap puller to remove it and there's no resistance from the stem when I lift the cap off.  That makes me worry that it could pop off in transit somewhere or any other number of ways.  Clack does quality work, this one just slipped through QC and I'm worried about losing it.

If that's no problem to you, you can always trade me a tight stemmed Topre Clack for it in a color I like for it.

I guess it must be part of making a topre cap, all of my topre brobots have been super easy to come off. That is definitely a shame though.

I have 10 Topre CC's on my HHKB right now and all of them are tight. :P

Tight like spandex kid *hipster holds hand up for high five*
sell out and eat ass

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #8301 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 20:59:52 »
The stems on those blues are really loose for whatever reason; for example, I can fully lift my 4+ pound filco (with mx blacks) off the ground holding on to that green gasmask, but on these blues the gasmask launches. Half of those artisans flew off the keyboard doing that as well. I prefer keys that don't fit very snug anyway as I don't have to worry about damaging them with a keycap puller, my red click clack got some battle scars from a keycap puller once (I was able to fix them luckily)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8302 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:11:53 »

Crappy phone video sadness:

More
That's the fear all Clacks collectors have!!

I PMed CC to see if there's anything we can do, but haven't heard back from him.  Hopefully something can be done since it's such a sexy color.  If not, I may go the way of moose and try and transform it into a BS Clack.  It just sucks that it's a loose stem.  It's almost like the stem isn't long enough or something.

I haven't said the name of the person who traded it to me since I'm trusting it was ignorance on their part since they've been a good member of the community so far and I don't want to tarnish their reputation.

Nubs, I've had several loose stem CCs straight from clack himself. All topre. He's fixed them all for me no worries. That's why my mint green blank has a baby blue underside. #1ofakind

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8303 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:22:24 »
Nubs, I've had several loose stem CCs straight from clack himself. All topre. He's fixed them all for me no worries. That's why my mint green blank has a baby blue underside. #1ofakind

Yay!  So it's just the waiting game now of waiting to hear back from him.  I figured that would happen since I've heard others say the same thing.  The color of the Forgotten Red is just so awesome, so I'd love to have it solid without having to worry.  I honestly think it's just that the stem is a little too short and that causes it to not fit snugly.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8304 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:23:37 »

Yay!  So it's just the waiting game now of waiting to hear back from him.  I figured that would happen since I've heard others say the same thing.  The color of the Forgotten Red is just so awesome, so I'd love to have it solid without having to worry.  I honestly think it's just that the stem is a little too short and that causes it to not fit snugly.

Waiting game indeed! He's been busy these days it seems :( Hope he's doing well!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Post your clacks!
« Reply #8305 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:27:39 »

More

I PMed CC to see if there's anything we can do, but haven't heard back from him.  Hopefully something can be done since it's such a sexy color.  If not, I may go the way of moose and try and transform it into a BS Clack.  It just sucks that it's a loose stem.  It's almost like the stem isn't long enough or something.

I haven't said the name of the person who traded it to me since I'm trusting it was ignorance on their part since they've been a good member of the community so far and I don't want to tarnish their reputation.

My GirlDC pumpkin is similar to this except it doesn't touch the stem at all. You can put it on the switch by just sort of dropping it onto the stem and you cannot use the switch when it's on as just lifting your finger off the cap gently causes it to stick to your finger and fall off the stem. #PaintersTapeFix
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8306 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:29:31 »

More

My GirlDC pumpkin is similar to this except it doesn't touch the stem at all. You can put it on the switch by just sort of dropping it onto the stem and you cannot use the switch when it's on as just lifting your finger off the cap gently causes it to stick to your finger and fall off the stem. #PaintersTapeFix

YEA BUT URDUM

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #8307 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:31:24 »

More

YEA BUT URDUM
Some jerk bought it for me for Xmas last year. He had the nerve to put a big cock cap in the box it came in.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8308 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:32:17 »

More

YEA BUT URDUM
Some jerk bought it for me for Xmas last year. He had the nerve to put a big cock cap in the box it came in.

OH YA! That was brilliant!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #8309 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 22:41:08 »
I have some Topre CC that just slid into the stem smoothly. There's no resistance, they feel easy to fall off and yet they stay put. But, I imagine that the more I put and take them out of the board, the more the plastic skin will rub off each other and it will come a time it will be super loose. It's inevitable, isn't it? Especially when it is an old clack.

When I had issue with the Bro set (MX) modifiers fitting into the keyboard, some members suggested putting a tape on the stem. I tried that and it worked. Can't you do that on the Topre cc, nubbs?

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8310 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 02:05:05 »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8311 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 02:13:33 »
And profile pic updated.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8312 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 02:05:27 »

And profile pic updated.

excellent. :) 

i hope you are able to get your loose clack fixed!  i have one old topre skull that's pretty loose and will fall off the board if you even look at it funny.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #8313 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 14:25:27 »
So, I never thought to put my checkkeys on the windows keys, they just don't look right on f and j but they look a lot better on those keys.

Awesome collection, that ninbro or whatever it's called looks nice :D

Show Image

Them teeth imperfections

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #8314 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 15:40:31 »
So, I never thought to put my checkkeys on the windows keys, they just don't look right on f and j but they look a lot better on those keys.

Show Image

Them teeth imperfections
Need a click clack dentist up in here

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8315 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 15:54:22 »

Show Image

Them teeth imperfections

hehe.  i actually clean all of my clacks with a toothbrush when i get them. :)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8316 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 16:06:54 »

Show Image

Them teeth imperfections

What kind of tooth paste do you use? Anticavity?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8317 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 16:09:51 »

Them teeth imperfections

What kind of tooth paste do you use? Anticavity?

Only you can prevent Gum Rot :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8318 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 17:37:02 »

Show Image

Them teeth imperfections

How many hours does that take? :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #8319 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 23:09:04 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8320 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:00:15 »
The SSK has returned!  Now with RGB.

colors:  revenge red, good times green, globe blue
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:53:27 by naasfu »

Offline t2russo

« Reply #8321 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:05:08 »
Those shades of green and blue are to die for.  Wonderful.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8322 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:06:23 »
So that's where the other Good Times Green BS clack is! And what color blue is that? Looks like an F2 Blue.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #8323 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:07:05 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:21:03 by esoomenona »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8324 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:08:06 »
I think mine looks a little darker....although I'm not exactly having the best of days and my memory is a bit shot.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8325 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:31:22 »
Globe Blue, I'd wager.

Same, not nearly as dark as the RWB clack sets blue
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #8326 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:41:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

BS Clacks Rule!!!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8327 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:54:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Those look so good!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8328 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:56:19 »
It is Globe Blue. :)  I updated the post with the color names.  With my camera, Globe Blue always comes out looking like F2 Blue.  In person, it is more of a "faded" looking blue shade with some slight purple to it.

BS Clacks Rule!!!

Yes!  And so does this SSK!  :thumb:  I love it so very much.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8329 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 15:58:01 »
It is Globe Blue. :)  I updated the post with the color names.  With my camera, Globe Blue always comes out looking like F2 Blue.  In person, it is more of a "faded" looking blue shade with some slight purple to it.

Ok cool. I didn't think I was going that crazy yet lol.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #8330 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 16:04:29 »
The Globe Blue looks always different depending on the lighting, sometimes it's too violet, sometimes too bright. I tried to compare the Globe Blue with the IBM Pantone or CMYK color, under different light conditions. It can be totally different!

inb4 learn 2 white balance... :)

... ...

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #8331 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 21:34:14 »
BS Clacks Rule!!!

Yes!  And so does this SSK!  :thumb:  I love it so very much.

Yes on both accounts. Really hope we see some more
BS Clacks in the future.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Online frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #8332 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 03:00:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

colors:  revenge red, good times green, globe blue

sometimes i just aspire to be a burglar...

The Globe Blue looks always different depending on the lighting, sometimes it's too violet, sometimes too bright. I tried to compare the Globe Blue with the IBM Pantone or CMYK color, under different light conditions. It can be totally different!

inb4 learn 2 white balance... :)

Show Image

ehhhh nice photos!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8333 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 17:32:47 »
Very nice!

So jelly.

Much SSK.

Such Clack.

Wow!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #8334 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 11:38:20 »
How does globe blue compare to F2 blue?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8335 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 11:42:36 »

Globe, EK, and F2 look really close to me. I'd never will be able to tell unless there's a side-by-side. Maybe Globe is a touch lighter?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8336 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 11:43:03 »

F2 is a more washed out shade than Globe.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #8337 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 11:43:46 »

F2 is a more washed out shade than Globe.
Oh, thanks..

Offline Belfong

Post your clacks!
« Reply #8338 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 03:51:59 »
Globe Blue has a tinge of purple/indigo at certain angle. That makes it unique and beautiful. F2 blue is a little bit like sky blue.

Edit: pix
(left to right: Enviro (the base is Globe Blue), Historic Blue and F2 Blue)
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 03:55:46 by Belfong »

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #8339 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 05:32:47 »
Globe Blue has a tinge of purple/indigo at certain angle. That makes it unique and beautiful. F2 blue is a little bit like sky blue.

Edit: pix
(left to right: Enviro (the base is Globe Blue), Historic Blue and F2 Blue)
Show Image

Oh cool.
I like the way it looks. :)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #8340 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 05:38:00 »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Distilled

« Reply #8341 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 05:45:02 »

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #8342 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 06:36:18 »
Show Image

Mate that looks awesome!

Thanks man XD thanks to your trade I actually have another one to use with a 23UB with the same color keycaps :D
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Distilled

« Reply #8343 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 06:40:48 »
Show Image

Mate that looks awesome!

Thanks man XD thanks to your trade I actually have
Show Image

Mate that looks awesome!

Thanks man XD thanks to your trade I actually have another one to use with a 23UB with the same color keycaps :D

Now that would be a good looking desk. Glad your enjoying the cap :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8344 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 00:25:19 »
Got one of 0100010's cool BS keychains today. :)

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8345 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 00:35:52 »

Show Image

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

Looks great! I've got one on the way but I don't have any BS artisan caps to put on it. :'(
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8346 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 00:43:57 »

Show Image

Looks great! I've got one on the way but I don't have any BS artisan caps to put on it. :'(

Thanks. :)  The keychain came with a blank BS cap, which is still pretty awesome.  Clicking with this keychain is pretty addicting, haha. 

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #8347 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 15:03:48 »

Show Image

Thanks. :)  The keychain came with a blank BS cap, which is still pretty awesome.  Clicking with this keychain is pretty addicting, haha.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #8348 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 17:07:48 »
A few months ago, I traded my Drunken skull for something I can't care less about. I have been living with regret ever since, until I get it back today!

A close-up shot.

Playing with the light.

The two stars from last year's EK sale.

KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Belfong

« Reply #8349 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 17:31:27 »
Congrats for being able to get it back yicao! I think I know the feeling very well!