Author Topic: Post your Poker!  (Read 1024557 times)

Offline kekstee

Re: Post your Poker!
« Reply #1450 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:37:36 »
Indeed. Normally I don't like the look of that silver one too much, but with those keycaps it's perfect.

Already posted it in the gb thread, but I'll just leave it here as well:

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1451 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:41:11 »
Indeed. Normally I don't like the look of that silver one too much, but with those keycaps it's perfect.

Show Image

I like your style! (GH60 with caps and case)
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #1452 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:44:35 »

Show Image

Those grey keycaps go perfectly with that case. I'd love some for my QFR. Where did you get them?

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #1453 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 12:31:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome, now I'm jealous of both the red and titanium finish

Offline kekstee

« Reply #1454 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 13:42:31 »
@The_Beast \o

Show Image

Those grey keycaps go perfectly with that case. I'd love some for my QFR. Where did you get them?
Sherrys GMK set, sold on originative.

So, just the classic thick Cherry DS caps basically. I went for it since I plan to split backspace into ` and \ on my GH60. It was either wrong legends, blanks, or some mixing from different Cherry layouts (PO has the 1u \). Glad I went down that road, the Ti case looks great with the creamy grey Cherry caps.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1455 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 14:00:52 »

Show Image

I would do filthy things for that setup right there.

Offline RapidCancel

« Reply #1456 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 14:24:09 »
Congrats Rapid. I've heard a lot of good things about that keyboard. You make a great choice for your first mechanical.

Thank you!  I've been typing like mad on it just to hear the clacks from the mx blues :)  It's also my first 60% so I'm still trying to get used to having to use a second layer to access other keys.  Lastpilot informed me that you are the one to ask about poker related things.  Would I be able to remap the arrow keys to the right FN, PN, CTRL and Shift keys instead of using WASD?

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1457 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 19:43:32 »
Just ordered my Poker II from mechanicalkeyboards.com, woot! MX Brown, and also comes with a blank space bar. Perfect.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1458 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 20:00:17 »
Just ordered my Poker II from mechanicalkeyboards.com, woot! MX Brown, and also comes with a blank space bar. Perfect.
'
Congrats!!! I think you're really gonna enjoy it! It didn't take me long at all to get used to the layout, plus you're gonna open up so much room on your desk!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1459 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 20:09:13 »
Thanks! I have a MX Blue board at home, and I bought this one for work since some people complained about the noise, and I type a lot. I'm sure the layout will be fine. So stoked! Can't wait to play around with different caps and such  ;)
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline KaLam1ty

« Reply #1460 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 22:54:58 »
All of these Hammers are making me regret not picking one up. I'm always so unsure of whether or not
I could be spending those bucks on something else.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #1461 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 05:18:28 »
Best poker ever
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1462 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 06:20:01 »

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #1463 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 06:23:02 »
Got my Hammer case finally. Due to the semi-reflective surface, Titanium color are looking silver/gold/dark silver depends on the light source.

The case's built is rock solid and typing blue on it gives me a whole new experience.

LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #1464 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 12:23:18 »
Got my Hammer case finally. Due to the semi-reflective surface, Titanium color are looking silver/gold/dark silver depends on the light source.

The case's built is rock solid and typing blue on it gives me a whole new experience.

Looks really nice
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1465 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 16:14:59 »
Added the Hammer 60% Aluminum case anodized in Titanium to my Poker X with MX-Blacks. More details on the case here.

Matching USB  Cable by cpkey, on Flickr

Details
   - DIY Poker X PCB
   - iMav aluminum plate
   - Cherry MX-Black switches
   - Cherry MX-Dark Grey switches (for spacebar, ~ and backspace)
   - Lubed with Krytox
   - Black Korean Switch Stickers
   - Clear flat-top LEDs modded to sit lower in the switch
   - Round 3 key caps with flipped spacebar
   - Hammer 60% aluminum case anodized in titanium
   - Pexon MPDC Grey USB cable

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1466 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 17:32:25 »
Added the Hammer 60% Aluminum case anodized in Titanium to my Poker X with MX-Blacks. More details on the case here.

Show Image

Details
   - DIY Poker X PCB
   - iMav aluminum plate
   - Lubed with Krytox

Mashby, I don't know how you do it, but every new Poker photo from you is a work of art!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1467 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 18:25:27 »
Mashby, I don't know how you do it, but every new Poker photo from you is a work of art!

Coming from you, artist extraordinaire, that is a massive compliment. Thank you!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1468 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 18:28:15 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline panpipe

« Reply #1469 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 18:41:43 »

Show Image

Details
   - DIY Poker X PCB
   - iMav aluminum plate
   - Lubed with Krytox

I need those Round 3 caps so bad. It looks soooooo good.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1470 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 20:09:55 »

Here is my Poker2, I wanted an ali case but it's just too much a stretch for me, so I decided to modify the plastic case. The bottom is vinyl dyed white, I would like to paint the edge of the circuit board black too. Hope to add some leds (and keycaps!) in the future :)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That looks simply amazing. I want to do that to mine once I get it. Did you just remove the case? Not interested in painting the bottom. I love how industrial it looks. Badass.

Offline dave23

« Reply #1471 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 02:54:33 »
That looks simply amazing. I want to do that to mine once I get it. Did you just remove the case? Not interested in painting the bottom. I love how industrial it looks. Badass.

Thanks! I used a small hack saw and carefully cut the sides off of the case, then used some fine sand paper to gently smooth the edges (since the pic I have used a black felt marker to blacken the edge of the pcb, looks great!). If you do it, be very careful when cutting the left and right sides, there is no room for error (you can easily cut to far into the case and take off too much). I cut the front and back first to make the sides a little easier to take off. Don't bother with the vinyl dye, it's dam fiddly and not worth the effort imho.

Offline Martyn.T.Howells

« Reply #1472 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 07:29:14 »

Liking the Hammer case alot;D
Steelseries 6gv2 MX Black   Filco Majestouch2 TKL MX Blue   Poker II MX Red   HHKB PRO 2

Offline Martyn.T.Howells

« Reply #1473 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 07:32:25 »

Show Image

Details
   - DIY Poker X PCB
   - iMav aluminum plate
   - Lubed with Krytox

love the key cap colour scheme you got going on there!;D
Steelseries 6gv2 MX Black   Filco Majestouch2 TKL MX Blue   Poker II MX Red   HHKB PRO 2

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1474 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 12:29:52 »

Thanks! I used a small hack saw and carefully cut the sides off of the case, then used some fine sand paper to gently smooth the edges (since the pic I have used a black felt marker to blacken the edge of the pcb, looks great!). If you do it, be very careful when cutting the left and right sides, there is no room for error (you can easily cut to far into the case and take off too much). I cut the front and back first to make the sides a little easier to take off. Don't bother with the vinyl dye, it's dam fiddly and not worth the effort imho.

Awesome, thanks for the tips  :thumb:

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1475 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 12:59:22 »
Here is mine.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Poker 2 pcb with mx blacks.

Qtan imported poker 2 "RF" key caps. (Blue and grey)

Hammer poker case. (Silver)

Very nice. How did you go about buying these keycaps? Groupbuy, website order?

I could be wrong, wait for another reply, but i think these are the keycaps.

http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/pbt-key-caps-87-104-full-set/poker-2-replacement-caps/lid=36275361

I am not 100% sure of the quality as they are dyed white caps and some reports of uneven coloring.

Cheers, thank you.

I think the gray ones have stolen the thunder momentarily.

Yes. I got the key caps from qtan's vendio site.

They are labeled as the RF caps.

The pictures on the website make them look like they are a dark blue and dark grey color. But, as you can see from the pictures, they are lighter in color.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1476 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 13:01:39 »
Question:

I have a smudge on my aluminum case that won't come out. Someone suggested using WD40 to get it out. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1477 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 15:21:38 »
WD-40 should be safe on metal, but it will definitely get everything dirty quickly--make sure to only use a tiny amount and have a paper towel ready to clean asap.  WD-40 is good for cleaning glue-type residue, like sticky stuff remaining from paper and plastic labels.  I don't know what type of stain is on your case, however--if it's actual damage to the finish, WD-40 will not help.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1478 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 17:34:47 »
WD-40 should be safe on metal, but it will definitely get everything dirty quickly--make sure to only use a tiny amount and have a paper towel ready to clean asap.  WD-40 is good for cleaning glue-type residue, like sticky stuff remaining from paper and plastic labels.  I don't know what type of stain is on your case, however--if it's actual damage to the finish, WD-40 will not help.

Now I'm kinda scared.

Truthfully, the smudge is in a spot where you won't notice it unless you really try to look for it. You notice it when there are no caps installed. The caps create a reflection that makes the smudge harder to see.

I'll leave it. It could have been worse.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1479 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 17:44:03 »
A lot of people think WD-40 is for lubrication.  It's actually a cleaning oil.  That's why people who foolishly use it on their bike chains end up with crappy bikes.  It cleans off the grease and the chain grinds the finish off and then rusts.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1480 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 17:53:46 »
A lot of people think WD-40 is for lubrication.  It's actually a cleaning oil.  That's why people who foolishly use it on their bike chains end up with crappy bikes.  It cleans off the grease and the chain grinds the finish off and then rusts.

It is for lubrication..that's their selling point..

What does WD-40 Multi-Use Product do?
WD-40 Multi-Use Product fulfills five basic functions:
1. LUBRICATES: The product's lubricating ingredients are widely dispersed and tenaciously held to all moving parts.
2. PENETRATES: WD-40 Multi-Use Product loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts.
3. PROTECTS: The product protects metal surfaces with corrosion-resistant ingredients to shield against moisture and other corrosive elements.
4. REMOVES: WD-40 Multi-Use Product gets under dirt, grime and grease. Use it to remove gunk from tools, equipment and vehicles. WD-40 Multi-Use Product in liquid form (e.g., gallon) also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of excess bonding material.
5. DISPLACES MOISTURE: Because it displaces moisture, WD-40 Multi-Use Product quickly dries out electrical systems to eliminate moisture-induced short circuits.

Actually you can use WD-40 on bikes...they have what is called WD-40 BIKE

Myth: WD-40 Multi-Use Product is not really a lubricant.
Fact:
While the “W-D” in WD-40 stands for Water Displacement, WD-40 Multi-Use Product is a unique, special blend of lubricants. The product’s formulation also contains anti-corrosion agents and ingredients for penetration, water displacement and soil removal.

Myth: WD-40 Multi-Use Product should not be used on bike chains.
Fact:
While WD-40 Multi-Use Product it is not a grease, it is formulated with strong lubricating oils and other ingredients, and is a terrific product to use for bike maintenance. It does not attract dirt or moisture to metal surfaces – just be sure to wipe off any excess WD-40 Multi-Use Product before riding.

For long-term lubrication and other specialized bicycle maintenance needs, check out WD-40® BIKE. Developed specifically for cyclists and mechanics, this high-performance line of bicycle care products is sure to become a mainstay in the toolboxes of bike mechanics for decades.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 September 2013, 18:03:03 by elton5354 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1481 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 19:04:31 »

^ This.  Although numerous sources say lubrication, it does not say that on the front of the can (at least not the last time I looked).

I use it for loosening stuck metal parts, but I would use oil to properly lubricate them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #1482 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 20:00:03 »

^ This.  Although numerous sources say lubrication, it does not say that on the front of the can (at least not the last time I looked).

I use it for loosening stuck metal parts, but I would use oil to properly lubricate them.

You're all wrong.  It's a water displacer.  Water Displacer.  WD.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1483 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 20:03:26 »

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-05/st_whatsinside

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1484 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 21:02:07 »

This link confuses me. It seems like it is a lubricant and displaces water.

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #1485 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 22:50:22 »

This link confuses me. It seems like it is a lubricant and displaces water.
I'm the one that cleaned the water mark on the hammer case with WD40, it should be safe, just apply a minimum amount of that and wipe it off immediately.
LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD

Offline Sai

« Reply #1486 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 02:15:17 »
i can say my poker will stay like this for a while. i am really liking the hammer case. it is just solid .  :thumb:
(sorry for potato pic)

- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1487 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 02:40:54 »
i can say my poker will stay like this for a while. i am really liking the hammer case. it is just solid .  :thumb:
(sorry for potato pic)

Show Image

Holy crap that clack
 :thumb:
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #1488 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 02:58:24 »
I had a candy corn clack once ... But the postman ate it :( then afterwards he wanted fresh breath and ate my Mint wasd clacks too. :( :(
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #1489 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 03:05:46 »
(sorry for potato pic)

The cyrillic set goes so well with that hammer.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1490 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 06:34:58 »
I had a candy corn clack once ... But the postman ate it :( then afterwards he wanted fresh breath and ate my Mint wasd clacks too. :( :(

postmen are an evil bread, one day, they shall be punished ;)

Offline panpipe

« Reply #1491 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 07:29:13 »

They should be sliced or toasted.

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #1492 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 08:57:04 »

Show Image

Show Image

I want that GH60 PCB badly - I need it in my life.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #1493 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 13:54:13 »

I think there's a postman out there somewhere with an EPIC clack collection.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline tbc

« Reply #1494 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 01:46:25 »

Here is my Poker2, I wanted an ali case but it's just too much a stretch for me, so I decided to modify the plastic case. The bottom is vinyl dyed white, I would like to paint the edge of the circuit board black too. Hope to add some leds (and keycaps!) in the future :)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

um....why are metal 'baseplate cases' not more common?  that's the most awesome look ever.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #1495 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:16:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

um....why are metal 'baseplate cases' not more common?  that's the most awesome look ever.

aren't they similar to "vicki" cases?

Offline tbc

« Reply #1496 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 11:24:41 »
link?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #1497 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 14:26:50 »
Finally got around to put the hammer down:

This thing is a god damn tank now.

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
« Reply #1498 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:29:37 »
I just love those hammer cases, imo the best 60% case around

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1499 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:36:15 »
(sorry for potato pic)

Show Image

Perfection on all ways!