Author Topic: [Shipping] Stainless Steel Poker Plate  (Read 121503 times)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
[Shipping] Stainless Steel Poker Plate
« on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 23:04:41 »
What you're ordering:
A 16 gauge (0.0625"), grade T304, 2b finished, laser cut, stainless steel poker plate. Plate design has been tested by alixinhzai, so a huge thank you to him for sending me the plate design. According to him this design should work with Cherry and Costar style stabilizers but since the material is .0625" it may be too thick to use Costar stabilizers since they require the plate to be .060".

Plate Design:
Blank:

Poker suit plate:

Finish Example:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Sample:

I did notice (Dan did too) that the plates are a bit warped/bent but it's nothing 5 minutes of hand bending/tweaking on a flat surface can't fix. I'm not sure if it was due to shipping, the deburring machine or something else.

Shipping:
I'll be shipping via USPS Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope. CONUS should be ~$5.30 plus whatever material I use to re-enforce the plates so they don't bend during shipping. I'm guess final shipping price will be ~$6.50

I'm not sure of international shipping yet. I'll be going to the post office to ask them directly since USPS online postage calculator is saying $17 which I don't think is right.

*** I gave the post office guy a standard 3 subject notebook since I'm thinking that's close to the final ship weight and dimension (close enough for an estimate). He said depending on how it's packed, ~$5.30 using the cheapest international shipping method. If I have to pack them in an envelope it might be more, so I might have to wrap them myself, which adds cost to the packing material. I'm tentively going to say that international shipping is $7.50, but that's subject to change.

I am NOT responsible for damaged goods. If you want them shipped differently, I'll see what I can do.

Time Frame:
Orders will be open today until 10/23, collecting payment between 10/23 - 10/31 and the order will be submitted on 11/1. The plates should be done by 11/15 for me to pick up during my Thanksgiving vacation. Shipping should commence short after 11/26.

I will not accept late payments and will not be extending the order. I will be buying three, keeping one and selling the other two at an increase price once all other orders have been shipped.

Payment:
Payment by Paypal only, +4% Paypal fee.

How to Order:
Fancy Order Form

If you need an order change/cancel PM me, simply posting here isn't enough

Change Log
*** 10/3 - International Shipping
*** 10/22 - Closing GB Sooner
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2014, 16:16:28 by The_Beast »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 October 2012, 13:06:55 by The_Beast »

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline balanar

Re: [Taking Orders] Stainless Steel Poker Plate
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 23:24:15 »
Hey I'd be in for one for sure and up to 3 if the shipping works out to be alright. Also, we are only getting the 2B finish? Is the other finish or rather raw form (#4 in the picture) available at all? I kinda like the original stainless steel look haha. I'd be in either way, just curious.

Edit: Filled in fancy form for one plate for now.
Edit 2: What is the weight on one of these? From experience, anything below 4lbs costs about $15 to ship to Singapore via First Class Airmail.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2012, 23:26:58 by balanar »

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 23:27:59 »
Hey I'd be in for one for sure and up to 3 if the shipping works out to be alright. Also, we are only getting the 2B finish? Is the other finish or rather raw form (#4 in the picture) available at all? I kinda like the original stainless steel look haha. I'd be in either way, just curious.

Edit: Filled in fancy form for one plate for now.

I'm super busy right now, I'm doing a aerial robotics competition this weekend so I'll try to get a real price of international shipping sometime next week.

2B finish only, the only reason that it's showing the #4 is for a comparison.

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 23:39:21 »
If it's possible to cut the plate out of acrylic I'll be in for two (depending on any price differences there may be).

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 23:42:06 »
If it's possible to cut the plate out of acrylic I'll be in for two (depending on any price differences there may be).

Yes I could but it won't be in this GB.

Offline DarkShot

• Professional Procrastinator
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 23:51:35 »
Just put an order in, already said I'd be in for one :D

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 23:57:20 »
Yes I could but it won't be in this GB.

Same situation as for those in the IC asking about TKL/other plates then?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 00:01:15 »
I might do a mix bag (aluminum, acrylic, Poker, Race, TKL.....) kinda GB later, after this GB.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 00:51:49 »
16gauge works with costar my phantoms spacebar uses costar and it works it just a tad tight and needed a bit of lube.

Offline balanar

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 00:58:38 »
I might do a mix bag (aluminum, acrylic, Poker, Race, TKL.....) kinda GB later, after this GB.

I could possibly help you get a quote for the acrylic version if you'd like Beast. I think I can get fairly good prices for acrylic products with exceptional quality. PM if you wanna discuss this.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:07:33 »
Dang I would get in on this if my poker's case didn't have a plate coming with it @_@. Raawr.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 01:14:45 »

I could possibly help you get a quote for the acrylic version if you'd like Beast. I think I can get fairly good prices for acrylic products with exceptional quality. PM if you wanna discuss this.

I think this guy only uses acrylic that he can source himself. I'll talk to him when I order these plates about more custom plate orders. This GB is to setup a rapport with him so I don't feel like a a-hole asking him questions every few days, ie become a paying customer instead of some guy emailing him for quotes

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 02:39:05 »
Acrylic at the same thickness as these metal plates is too weak to be of any support.  It may as well be not there at all.  My MX Mini has an acrylic case and an acrylic plate.  The plate is little less than 1/4" thick, maybe 5mm.  that is thick enough to be supportive.  At this thickness, you will also need to use PCB-mount stabs and have cut outs on the acrylic plate to accommodate PCB-mount stabs.  Plate-mount stabs (Cherry or costar) won't work, unless you trim them and glue them onto the thick plate.

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 03:23:52 »
Acrylic at the same thickness as these metal plates is too weak to be of any support.  It may as well be not there at all.
There goes that idea then, oh well.

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 05:47:46 »
I suggest the use of cardboards, thick cardboards as reinforcement. The phantom plate which is made of aluminum has trouble surviving the journey without.
I'm not sure whether this is feasible, but adding some curves at the top/bottom sides of the plate might improve the strength and reduce any tendency to bend. Most production plates have this feature if you open your plate mounted keyboard up.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 10:59:33 by kaiserreich »

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 07:05:35 »
I suggest the use of cardboards, thick cardboards as reinforcement. The phantom plate which is made of aluminum has trouble surviving the journey without.
I'm not sure whether this is feasible, but adding some curves at the top/bottom sides of the plate might improve the strength and reduce any tendency to bend. Most production plates has a slight bend if you open your plate mounted keyboard up.

I'm thinking of using 1/8" hardboard. It's basically MDF but with a much higher density and isn't super expensive (from the prices I've seen online)

Offline Batmann

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 07:26:53 »
I'm in for one, although I don't have a poker yet!
My brain doesn't seem to understand the "hide your wallet" advice you can read all over the welcoming threads..

...This GB is to setup a rapport with him so I don't feel like a a-hole asking him questions every few days, ie become a paying customer instead of some guy emailing him for quotes
pretty clever here imho

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 08:46:09 »
The plate is little less than 1/4" thick, maybe 5mm.

5mm is the exact distance between the PCB and the underside of the flange on the switch housing that rests on the plate in a standard plate mounted board.  So the PCB is helping support the acrylic as well.  That thickness of acrylic is pretty stiff, right up until you turn it into swiss cheese.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 08:50:06 »
Fancy Google form filled. In for 2 of these bad boys.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline zyth3x

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 10:42:15 »
In for one, thanks for doing this.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 10:44:45 »
Nice guys 11 orders in one day. We should have no problem getting to 20 orders but hopefully we get even more than that

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:15:33 »
Looking forward to this!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 12:28:42 »
In for two! Filled out the form, although by the time these are sent out I believe I will have moved. So I'll hopefully I can just message you when I know Beast.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:29:56 »
$17 is probably right for shipping to Canada using USPS priority, but try looking up USPS first class instead. It's what I always ask people to use because it's far more reasonable in terms of price. Just going to wait to see what shipping is before placing an order.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:45:03 »
God damn it. I just ordered one.

I don't know why.

I don't even have a poker. o_o;

STOP MAKING SHINY THINGS

Offline nebo

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:00:57 »
God damn it. I just ordered one.

I don't know why.

I don't even have a poker. o_o;

STOP MAKING SHINY THINGS
I'm in the same boat but I haven't ordered yet, my to buy list is too large:
this
GH60
KMAC
Poker
Thick gray/white blank caps

Offline Batmann

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:34:38 »
Thank you nebo and Cindori for making me feel less lonely!  :))

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:51:28 »
Good job guys, 20 plates in less than one day

keep it up ^___^

In for two! Filled out the form, although by the time these are sent out I believe I will have moved. So I'll hopefully I can just message you when I know Beast.

As long as I get paid on time, I'll hold the plates for however long you need me to while you move

$17 is probably right for shipping to Canada using USPS priority, but try looking up USPS first class instead. It's what I always ask people to use because it's far more reasonable in terms of price. Just going to wait to see what shipping is before placing an order.

It seems high because I ship rests for $15 and those weight more and are bigger in almost all dimensions. I'll do my best to check on Monday
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 18:09:42 by The_Beast »

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 20:03:53 »
Just fyi, Shipping to malaysia via 1st class or priority mail makes no difference. Unable to track it once it leaves the US

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 20:43:24 »
so here's a question maybe someone can answer for me...
i have a Poker, and i really like it, and i think having a plate would be awesome, but how do i do it once i get the plate?  Do i have to solder everything together then?  i would really like to get this, and add some much needed stability to this flimsy little thing (at least compared to my Filco :D).

sooo any help/response/explanation would be awesome :D
Filco MJ2 TKL | HHKB Type-S w/ MX Sliders

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 20:49:32 »
You have to desolder everything. The 7 LEDs and the 61 switches. Then you mount the switches on the plate. Then solder the switches to the PCB. Then solder the LEDs back into their positions in the respective switches. You can remove the switch tops without desoldering later, since the plate design supports it. You would just have to desolder the LEDs to swap those springs/stems under them.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Rumudiez

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 21:35:50 »
This should fit the Pure, right? I'll check that all the mounts line up, but would I already know that the Poker doesn't have a center screw--would it be possible to have that added? I'd definitely be in for one if that were the case.

Edit: Just remembered my short right shift key.. Maybe a Pure plate GB could come around in the future.
40% layout, anyone?

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 21:38:55 »
You have to desolder everything. The 7 LEDs and the 61 switches. Then you mount the switches on the plate. Then solder the switches to the PCB. Then solder the LEDs back into their positions in the respective switches. You can remove the switch tops without desoldering later, since the plate design supports it. You would just have to desolder the LEDs to swap those springs/stems under them.

thanks man!  i appreciate the response :p
sounds like i need to learn how to solder haha

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 21:52:08 »
This should fit the Pure, right? I'll check that all the mounts line up, but would I already know that the Poker doesn't have a center screw--would it be possible to have that added? I'd definitely be in for one if that were the case.

Edit: Just remembered my short right shift key.. Maybe a Pure plate GB could come around in the future.

Problem with doing this for the Pure is desoldering and resoldering all 62 backlighting LEDs in addition to all the switches. Much more of a PITA.

Yeah, it's not terribly hard, but it helps to practice (and to have decent equipment). As long as you've got all the switches desoldered and everything, you might as well lube and sticker them, as well. You did buy some of demik's switch stickers, right? :P Then mount the whole thing in an aluminum case from treble318, imsto, or oneproduct. :D Top off with PBT keycaps or some nice Cherry Corp doubleshots.

Edit: If you want a programmable controller as well, you'll just have to wait for the GH60 project.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 21:58:33 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 22:01:38 »

Problem with doing this for the Pure is desoldering and resoldering all 62 backlighting LEDs in addition to all the switches. Much more of a PITA.

Yeah, it's not terribly hard, but it helps to practice (and to have decent equipment). As long as you've got all the switches desoldered and everything, you might as well lube and sticker them, as well. You did buy some of demik's switch stickers, right? :P Then mount the whole thing in an aluminum case from treble318, imsto, or oneproduct. :D Top off with PBT keycaps or some nice Cherry Corp doubleshots.

Edit: If you want a programmable controller as well, you'll just have to wait for the GH60 project.

haha well i do have the aluminum case coming, and a valentine doubleshot set on its way...  no stickers :( but im gonna get some lube from EK, and i was thinking about trying to get some 45g springs for my Poker too cause i like Reds better then Blacks :p
all though! i want to try some Ergo Whites :p

Offline Batmann

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 02:37:14 »
Do you think this would fit a KBT Pure (without backlighting)?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 02:46:00 »
Do you think this would fit a KBT Pure (without backlighting)?

Without modification, no. The pure has a short right shift and a 1x1 fn key that makes this plate useless without modification since the poker has a "standard" sized shift. I've designed .060" stainless steel window cladding and the production team was NOT happy having to modify pieces to fit (it wasn't too many ^___^ but they complained about all of them). You can try to modify it but I make no promises that you'll be able to

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 03:04:28 »
hm, I am going to have to cancel my order if it doesnt fit pure. Hoping you will do a future buy for it :(

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 03:24:32 »
I can mod it for PURE if someone send me one PURE :)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 08:07:50 »
If you need an order change/cancel PM me, simply posting here isn't enough
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 09:54:07 by The_Beast »

Offline modulor

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 08:43:41 »
In for one...fancy form sent!  Thanks again The_Beast for making this possible ^-^

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 08:59:29 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:37:05 by esoomenona »

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 09:56:10 »
In for one...fancy form sent!  Thanks again The_Beast for making this possible ^-^

Np, I wanted a plate and would have gladly paid the $23 to get one. But I figured I might as well extend this to the community

Filled out the form. Don't have a Poker, but I might be interested in one sooner or later. I will definitely be in if you do the mixed bag GB for the Race and others. Also, I'm in the same boat as another where I will be moving. I know you said as long as the order is paid, it can be held until it can be shipped at a later time, so I will probably have to go that route with you. We can discuss that at a later time, I'm sure.

Yup, as long as you paid for the plate, I'll hold it for however long you need me to.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 09:59:55 »
Just submitted my order, and I'm already thinking I should do two in case I order another Poker.

Now it's time to start learning how to solder.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 10:01:18 »
Just submitted my order, and I'm already thinking I should do two in case I order another Poker.

Now it's time to start learning how to solder.

If you want another PM me with an update, just posting in this thread isn't enough for me to change or cancel an order. I won't be mad, I just need to know for sure

^____^

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 11:04:15 »
I'll send a PM if I decide to up the order.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 11:23:25 »
Submitted an order :)
if you want to get a poker, click here http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/kbc-poker-t3978.html :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 11:25:38 by tinlong117 »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 11:40:54 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 15:35:26 by esoomenona »

Offline nebo

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 17:20:45 »
Went ahead and got one now that there is a reasonable chance I can get my poker w/ blues. I haven't soldered anything since jr. high but how hard could it be?