Author Topic: What's your smartphone ?  (Read 141092 times)

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
What's your smartphone ?
« on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 15:35:13 »
Hi guys !

I didn't see any thread of that genre before, so I'm introducing it (tell me if it already exists please) :

What's your smartphone ?

I don't know if we are many "swappers" here, because before becoming addicted to Mech. Boards, I'm addicted to swapping my Smartphone.
Here's my "background", starting in December 2009 approximately, with a keeping time of 2w to 4m per phone.

SE W810i -> Nokia 5800 -> i3Gs -> Moto Milestone -> i4 -> N900 -> Dell Streak -> Pixi Plus -> Nexus S -> Galaxy S II -> Samsung Omnia 7 -> Moto Defy -> Moto Atrix -> Pre 3 -> HTC Sensation -> Nokia N9 -> Galaxy Note -> Xperia S -> Back To N9 -> Back To N900 -> One X -> Galaxy Note 2 -> Back to One X -> Nexus 4 :p

And most of them are on my FlickR, into separate albums.

Anyone else who can't keep a phone for more than a few months ? :D

Post pic's, impressions, "backgrounds", whatsoever :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2013, 15:15:37 by Anynoupy »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 16:09:39 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 15:14:01 by davkol »

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 16:30:35 »
I'm not much of a swapper. I used all my phones for 3+ years until 2010. I've gone Nokia 5130 -> some cheap Android-based Huawei -> Nokia 5800 since then. I'd love to get a decent smartphone with good community support (Maemo/MeeGo/... or CyanogenMod), but I can't decide which one should I buy. I guess I'll just wait to see what Jolla comes with.
The N900 / N9 have an awesome community, and I could easily recommend them if you like to modify/etc your phone (if I wasn't really interested in some specific apps, not available on it, I would definitely stay with the N9 !).
Cyanogen is great too, but you haven't got that much modifications possibilities on an Androphone, that's for sure :)

Offline DarkShot

• Professional Procrastinator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:14:48 »
My phone history isn't anything glorious.

Some cheap Ericsson phone around '06 -> Somewhat cheap Samsung flip phone late '07 -> died, Samsung Omnia 2 late '09 (first taste of my own smartphone) -> Bold 9700 early '11 -> Galaxy SII Aug'11 -> Galaxy Note Nov'11

Still got the Note. Thing is pristine and I love the thing to bits. Easily the favorite all in one device I own. The Bold 9700 came close second when paired with an iPod Touch I had at the time. If I had cash to blow I'd trade up my OG Note for a Note II, however the Note does what I want perfectly for now and functions beautifully.

Not to mention the new phones that are coming out become increasingly infuriating with non-removable battery, storage, and other stupid gimmicks that I don't care about.

MHL? Bunating, give me my bloody microHDMI port.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:21:56 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 15:14:30 by davkol »

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:34:50 »
There's also the worst case scenario: dumbphone or Android.
You can't really go wrong with a Nexus brand phone if you do get an Android device.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:37:57 »
I still use a Nokia N800, so I know the community quite well. It's awesome. I wanted to get an N900, but I was on budget, and then... well, I was worried about battery life and dying microUSB connectors. So I waited for Meltemi. No luck with that. I've had a chance to use Dat N950 — it's a pity there were only few of them and only for developers. (...) So here I am, desperately awaiting the new phones by Jolla... or GTA04. There's also the worst case scenario: dumbphone or Android.
Yes, we can't thank Nokia right now, with their Lumias and WP7/8 bulls**t ...
Woh, I wish I could get my hands on a N950 anytime, but I don't even know if there are some in France.
That's a shame they didn't continue on their Maemo/MeeGo dev. and handsets.

My phone history isn't anything glorious.

Some cheap Ericsson phone around '06 -> Somewhat cheap Samsung flip phone late '07 -> died, Samsung Omnia 2 late '09 (first taste of my own smartphone) -> Bold 9700 early '11 -> Galaxy SII Aug'11 -> Galaxy Note Nov'11

Still got the Note. Thing is pristine and I love the thing to bits. Easily the favorite all in one device I own. The Bold 9700 came close second when paired with an iPod Touch I had at the time. If I had cash to blow I'd trade up my OG Note for a Note II, however the Note does what I want perfectly for now and functions beautifully.

Not to mention the new phones that are coming out become increasingly infuriating with non-removable battery, storage, and other stupid gimmicks that I don't care about.

MHL? Bunating, give me my bloody microHDMI port.
Right, the Note is quite a great "phablet" (I really dislike that term, but whatever). I'm more than impatient to get my Note 2. I didn't keep the first one that long (money problems ATM), but the screen was gorgeous, and that's when I really started to use my iPad less and less. (My mom was happy to get it though :p)

And as Google is restricting a lot these days (no more removable battery, no Micro-SD port, etc), it won't be better on those points. Samsung "stands up" against this, but they will more likely finish by not using Android on their devices anymore, I guess.
Still, there a very few handsets that have integrated Micro-HDMI ports ...

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:47:57 »
Right, the Note is quite a great "phablet" (I really dislike that term, but whatever). I'm more than impatient to get my Note 2. I didn't keep the first one that long (money problems ATM), but the screen was gorgeous, and that's when I really started to use my iPad less and less. (My mom was happy to get it though :p)

And as Google is restricting a lot these days (no more removable battery, no Micro-SD port, etc), it won't be better on those points. Samsung "stands up" against this, but they will more likely finish by not using Android on their devices anymore, I guess.

You're right it is. And when you get the Note II, you're going to love the hell out of it.

I bought the thing because it had top tier specs at the time and the largest, highest res screen. I'm not as irate about the banding issues that Note screens have, but otherwise I love it. I don't even use the S-Pen, I bought it for the screen size to read manga and watch anime on the go, and it does just that.
Until Diaz brought about 10bit encoding. But that's another story.
Because I got the International version at the time of release, everyone who wasn't really into tech didn't even know what a Note was as it hadn't come to North America till late late winter.

Everyone's reaction to it was hilarious every time.

The only thing I wish Samsung would have included in the Note would be the status LED. I really did miss it from my BlackBerry, and now that the Note II has it it's every bit more enticing.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:59:16 »

You're right it is. And when you get the Note II, you're going to love the hell out of it.

I bought the thing because it had top tier specs at the time and the largest, highest res screen. I'm not as irate about the banding issues that Note screens have, but otherwise I love it. I don't even use the S-Pen, I bought it for the screen size to read manga and watch anime on the go, and it does just that.
Because I got the International version at the time of release, everyone who wasn't really into tech didn't even know what a Note was as it hadn't come to North America till late late winter.

The only thing I wish Samsung would have included in the Note would be the status LED. I really did miss it from my BlackBerry, and now that the Note II has it it's every bit more enticing.
Yes, I definitely bet so ! :)

I used the S-Pen quite a bit, at the time I was trying to learn katakanas and hiraganas, as I had some time to learn Japanese, so it helped me to rehearse/write those[/do that again if I find some time.
I'm not the biggest fan of the design you'll ever find, as I'm not fond of the S3 and it looks just like a bigger S3. However the Gray version looks "classy" to me, so that's okay ;)

I guess you had some difficulties/high costs while importing it, right ?
I don't know when the II will be out in Canada, but I saw people over at XDA already importing it too.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:22:57 »

Yes, I definitely bet so ! :)

I used the S-Pen quite a bit, at the time I was trying to learn katakanas and hiraganas, as I had some time to learn Japanese, so it helped me to rehearse/write those[/do that again if I find some time.
I'm not the biggest fan of the design you'll ever find, as I'm not fond of the S3 and it looks just like a bigger S3. However the Gray version looks "classy" to me, so that's okay ;)

I guess you had some difficulties/high costs while importing it, right ?
I don't know when the II will be out in Canada, but I saw people over at XDA already importing it too.

Awesome. I'd love to learn Japanese, however the prospect of Kanji kills the interest.

See, I actually like the new design of the S III and therefore Note II. I find that single hand holding the Note for a while does cause my hand to be sore, but when I held the S III, it felt amazing, disregarding size and weight differences.

As for the cost aspect, I payed full price for it. $735 off Amazon, plus shipping fees, and a tasty $100 customs fee. But when all was said and done, it was worth it.

If I were to get the Note II I'd import it as well. I'd much rather have the International version than the crippled carrier versions.

Offline tcv

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 20:43:46 »
Samsung Galaxy S2.

For a long time I wanted the iPhone but after having an iTouch I'll probably stick with Android phones.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 21:27:30 »
I have a Droid Incredible 2 and still love it. It's the third smartphone I've owned, and the biggest sell on it is that the battery lasts about 40hrs without a recharge. That's with consistent use and WiFi always on. People never believe me when I tell them that. Those thieves over at Apple can suck it.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 21:47:26 »
I don't have a smart phone per-say. I have an HTC Evo that I run a custom ROM on for my music device. Much better than my slowly dying iPod touch with a half pixel dead screen and will no longer sync...

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 21:53:22 »
I got the HTC EVO 4g LTE which is the best android phone I ever had. I've need a HTC fan since day1(g1)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 21:56:21 »
Much better than the GS3 I hate that physical iPhone looking home button... almost like Samsung should be sued...oh wait...(I don't care for Apple)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Re: What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 21:58:47 »
Much better than the GS3 I hate that physical iPhone looking home button... almost like Samsung should be sued...oh wait...(I don't care for Apple)

They were sued for that button.

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 22:01:12 »
And the UI... damn Apple. What a load of junk. LoL!

Offline SpartanD63

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 23:59:51 »
My phone history is not all that amazing. A cheap LG "swively" phone (I cant remember the name / model but it was awesome), a Motorola Droid (original), a Samsung Fascinate (VZW Galaxy S 1) and then my current phone...
I currently have a Galaxy Nexus. I love how unique the design is and being a Nexus, even when Google drops support for it, there will still be updates. lol

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 00:48:34 »
Htc merge currently but i plan to upgrade once i can get an intel atom run win 8 phone from my service provider.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 01:03:03 »
I've been a big fan of the iPhone as long as it's jailbroken. Not liking iOS 6... really considering an android, so much more hackable! and I definitely need a bigger screen.

Offline Calade

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 04:55:46 »
I'm currently rocking an ancient Nokia N95 that is kept together by tape (for real). I promised myself years ago that I wouldn't get a new phone until they have LTE ones available here, and that took a bit longer than expected. But now finally the iPhone 5 is for sale here, and supposedly an LTE version of Note 2 is coming soon. I don't get it why they didn't just release an LTE Note 2 to begin with, but most likely going to buy that once it arrives.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 07:44:04 »
I've got a good old Motorola Droid 1.  It gets the job done...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Malphas

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 08:30:52 »
Huawei G300 on PAYG. Burner phones ftw.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 08:47:56 »
Galaxy Note.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 09:06:40 »
Android phones I've used:

Motorola Droid - good phone
Motorola Droid X - terrible phone
HTC Thunderbolt - good phone but bad battery life

All bought used from eBay.  I am off contract, with a grandfathered unlimited data plan.  I wait for the phones to get cheap, then I strike!  The best time is when a new hot phone comes out and everyone wants to upgrade.  Next I'll probably get the HTC rezound (HTC fanboy) then probably a Samsung Nexus, then whatever phone is the new hotness right now.

Offline thp777

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 07:26:11 »
htc touch>htc touch pro2>motorola droid razr

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 07:44:08 »

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Offline Viz

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 07:45:03 »
I currently use a Galaxy sII.
I'm considering installing cyanogenmod on it, any suggestions?

Offline modulor

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 08:26:54 »
My Droid quest has been:

HTC Eris - v. 1.6, essentially Verizon's version of the Hero, it was decent for the time but quite laggy and the battery was terrible
HTC Incredible II - v. 2.3, was good but loaded with Verizon crapware and got annoyed with SenseUI so I rootetd it to vanilla Gingerbread
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - v. 4.1, hands down the best Android phone I've used so far (though not caring much for Samsung)

Android and I share a birthday, and there is a rumor that Google will be releasing 5 new Nexus phones to celebrate it's 5th anniversary and the release of v. 5.0... probably just numerology rumors, but I'd like to see what the next gen Nexus devices have to offer...I can say I won't be going back to a non-Nexus device.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 08:09:01 »
I don't use a "smart" phone. I am not a sheep.

I have tried the Galaxy Note. The pen interface and built-in pen apps are horrible. It crashed a couple of times. The interface is slow: my 12 year old Palm Pilot is more responsive.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 08:12:58 »
Says the guy that doesn't use Facebook... :P Just kidding! I don't either. I think I could remember my login, but I seldom go on.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 09:06:39 »
Blackberry bold 9650, moto Droid 2 r2d2 edition, Samsung Droid charge, to Samsung galaxy s3. I really want the note 2 though....even though its really just a bigger s3

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 05:37:48 »
Many Androphones for you guys, that's funny because in France, there are mostly iPhones/Symbian phones, but Android is coming in force these last months, and we see more and more GS2 and GAce phones nowadays.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 08:39:19 »
Many Androphones for you guys, that's funny because in France, there are mostly iPhones/Symbian phones, but Android is coming in force these last months, and we see more and more GS2 and GAce phones nowadays.

Symbian is almost non-existant over here in North America. I'm assuming most mid-tier Android phones are popular with people who would like a new smartphone but would rather not pay the top tier premium I believe.

I like Apple's ecosystem, and had I bought into it I'd probably have an iPhone. That said, I didn't and wanted a very versatile device that I could make my own and do with it as I please. That is why I went with Android personally.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2012, 08:41:21 by DarkShot »

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 09:18:10 »
Symbian is almost non-existant over here in North America. I'm assuming most mid-tier Android phones are popular with people who would like a new smartphone but would rather not pay the top tier premium I believe.

I like Apple's ecosystem, and had I bought into it I'd probably have an iPhone. That said, I didn't and wanted a very versatile device that I could make my own and do with it as I please. That is why I went with Android personally.
Oh, okay. Well it tends to disappear here too, but as it conquered the low-cost mobile phones market for a long time, it's still well established there.

Apple's Appstore was clearly superior to Android's one for a few years, but those two are becoming quite equal in terms of apps (the games part is still better on iOs though IMO), and that's why I kept an iPad for the past year, and don't feel the need to use it anymore (apart of the tablet side of it, of course).

Offline mattrm

• matthewmoore.org.uk
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 09:43:37 »
HTC One X at the moment.  Previously had a Google Nexus S (not the Galaxy Nexus, just the plain ole Nexus), HTC Hero, Nokia e71.  The e71 was my favourite, lovely phone, great battery life, lovely solid feel.  At the time Symbian was quite good as well.

Offline rao2100

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:58:18 »
My phone history:
Siemens c25 -> Nokia 3210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 5210 -> Sony Ericsson k750i -> Sony Ericsson k750i -> Sony Ericsson k810i -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4S

Waiting for the new nexus phone to come out so that i can give my iPhone 4S to my wife. :)
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline tillertow

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 05:35:04 »
Iphone 4, and soon Iphone 5.

I get them free from my work, and i'm fine with the phone they picked for us
FS: 6Gv2 Key caps ISO/scandinavian:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36427.0

Offline mars-bar-man

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 07:56:21 »
I'll just list my phone history..

Siemens A50 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3220 -> Samsung D900 -> Nokia N78 (my first Smat(er) Phone) -> HTC HD2 -> Blackberry Curve 9300 (for 6 months when I broke my HD2, the BB was potentially the worst phone I've ever owned) -> Back to the HD2 after repairs -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy S3.
KBC Poker w. MX Blues

Offline Malphas

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:24:00 »

I have tried the Galaxy Note. The pen interface and built-in pen apps are horrible. It crashed a couple of times. The interface is slow: my 12 year old Palm Pilot is more responsive.
lol at people that can't adapt to new technology labelling everyone else as sheep to justify it.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 14:31:32 »
Eh. I still use a Droid Incredible, but it's not running stock roms anymore, ICS is just too awesome.

But I'm not sure what will happen once I'm no longer able to remove the battery from my phone (such as an upgrade). That's one of the best parts about my phone :( I might just stick with this one.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 20:46:41 »
I recently got my first smart phone, the Samsung Galaxy IIS running ICS.

The phone is pretty cool, and the display is truly awesome, although I   HATE   let me repeat   HATE   phones with buttons on the sides because I carry my phone in my pocket and everything always gets messed up. Also, in order to check whether or not the phone is ON, you have to press the OFF / ON button! WTF?

Otherwise most of the other stuff is just going to be a learning curve for me, I suppose.

The battery life is abysmal, I can be at 100% at 8:30am and be dead at 5:30pm even if I have not used it very much all day. Coming from a simple efficient cell phone that often went a week on a charge, that is hard to get used to.

My last complaint is that plugging in the Micro USB on the bottom to charge does not work 20%-30% of the time. Sometimes trying it up to 5 times eventually makes a connection, sometimes it does not.

So I take it out of the Otter case, pop off the back, remove and replace the battery, and, Presto, it charges perfectly every time.

Do any of you other Galaxy IIS users see these same problems?
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 October 2012, 20:49:01 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 21:25:42 »
Owh, the GS2 I had more than a year before had that sort of battery issues too, and that's mainly the reason why I swapped at that very moment, because apart of that, it was great ! But that's the worst battery life I've ever had on a smartphone ...

I don't know about your other problems, but I guess it's "just" the phone that's aging (My sister's GS does it too, its Micro-USB port gets buggy ...).

Well, I received my Note 2, and ... Gosh ! The screen is gorgeous :D
And the battery life is really great on it. I'm also enjoying the S-Pen again, you don't think you'd use it until you do, and then it becomes an habit to note things on it (little play on words there ... :p), instead of writing on my notebook I use to carry with me.
And that's a relief for me not to have Bluetooth issues anymore, as I had several "micro-stutters" with my One X ...

Offline Grimey

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 22:05:16 »
I've got a good old Motorola Droid 1.  It gets the job done...

Same here.  I haven't come across a phone on Verizon that I was willing to swap it out for.  CyanogenMod and some tender loving care and the beast has help up so far.
Erlang your pants off

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 23:03:41 »
Blackberry bold 9650, moto Droid 2 r2d2 edition, Samsung Droid charge, to Samsung galaxy s3. I really want the note 2 though....even though its really just a bigger s3

I remember the blackberry days.

Got a HTC EVO 4g LTE right now but thinking of going with the iphone 5 or S3(have more dev than the HTC.)

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 23:12:09 »

lol at people that can't adapt to new technology labelling everyone else as sheep to justify it.

I imagine he shakes a cane at children running across his yard, too (J/k)

I've been an android user since Android birth with the G1. G1->iphone3g->galaxy s->iphone4s->samsung galaxy nexus

I am, however, contemplating a move to win8 with either a nokia lumia920 or samsung ATIV S.

Offline älg

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 10:45:58 »
Nokia N900

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 16:39:57 »
Went to the Sprint store today and they blamed all my battery problems on Ice Cream Sandwich.

Said to expect an update soon to give me back some battery life.

Lame
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 17:22:23 »
I'd just root it and put on a minimalistic ROM fohat.digs, but that's just me.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 19:51:58 »

Look at this bad ass! No smart phone so he's not a sheep but a leader!

****, no Facebook either? How does it feel to be such a rebel?

Anyway, I have an iPhone that is on it's last life. I've gotten over the smartphone phase so not really looking at buying anything right now. I'll probably get another iPhone tho as I've spent too much money on these damn apps •_•
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.