Author Topic: Opening a plate mounted switch?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline IlikeGravy

Opening a plate mounted switch?
« on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 00:19:16 »
So I'm trying this meth hood on a blue switch, but I can't seem to pop the damn top off. It's really starting to frustrate me, and I feel like throwing my filco out the window. How is this guy doing this?

Offline iBro

Re: Opening a plate mounted switch?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 00:41:46 »
"This plate is a custom mounting plate."
Unicomp Space Saver (buckling spring) Silicon Graphics (dampened cream alps) KBC Poker (ghetto reds)

Offline IlikeGravy

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 00:48:01 »
I'm retarded...

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 01:10:52 »
Yeah you'd need to desolder the switch on your filco.

Check out the GB section, there's a custom plate being made for filco to be able to swap switches without having to solder.

Offline IlikeGravy

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 01:36:29 »
Gosh, I bought some white pom keycaps off of ebay and and they fit extremely tight, and I tried to remove one and broke one of my switches... And I don't have a soldering iron.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 02:45:49 »
Next time wiggle it while tugging on it with increasing pressure. Some new caps and stems are very tight on each other, so you can't just yank them off or it rips the switch off with it.

Offline iBro

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 13:26:01 »
Next time wiggle it while tugging on it with increasing pressure. Some new caps and stems are very tight on each other, so you can't just yank them off or it rips the switch off with it.

Unicomp Space Saver (buckling spring) Silicon Graphics (dampened cream alps) KBC Poker (ghetto reds)

Offline iBro

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 13:27:01 »
Gosh, I bought some white pom keycaps off of ebay and and they fit extremely tight, and I tried to remove one and broke one of my switches... And I don't have a soldering iron.

I would look online for a soldering iron, I don't think that they are that expensive.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
Opening a plate mounted switch?
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 03:15:03 »
So I'm trying this meth hood on a blue switch, but I can't seem to pop the damn top off. It's really starting to frustrate me, and I feel like throwing my filco out the window. How is this guy doing this?

<---- This guy, right here.