Author Topic: Post your Milestone posts here  (Read 750603 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Post your Milestone posts here
« Reply #2150 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:13:18 »
Somehow I hit 4k and didn't even notice.

I still want a cookie.

Congrats :)

But you have a Maker badge!  So very few people have those ;)

Yeah, but no one has a cookie.

No-one has a slice of cake either :p

A slice of cake would be awesome.

I was kinda thinking about this for 10K members, in contradistinction to the fabled black and orange star.

I would go for that!

But then trying to decide between a slice of cake, and a black star with orange border :confused:

Unless it was a black slice of cake with orange icing, and gray something somewhere ........
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #2151 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:14:11 »
I just noticed I am getting close to a thousand  :eek:

Nothing compared to Rowdy though. Holy cow.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2152 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:17:03 »
I was kinda thinking about this for 10K+ post members, black slice of cake with orange icing, and gray something somewhere ........

Yes please.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2153 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:17:06 »
I just noticed I am getting close to a thousand  :eek:

I hope you're not calling me a cow :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2154 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:18:12 »
I just noticed I am getting close to a thousand  :o

I hope you're not calling me a cow :p

Well you are the most prolific poster currently  :))

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2155 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 16:09:11 »
A holy one. I do believe in some cultures that sort of thing would be considered a compliment.
 ;D.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 September 2014, 17:20:02 by Grim Fandango »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2156 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 17:40:30 »
SpAmRaY 22.498 per day
rowdy 16.974 per day

:p

A holy one. I do believe in some cultures that sort of thing would be considered a compliment.
 ;D.

In that case I thank you :) :cool: :)) :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2157 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 18:26:09 »
Tacticalstache 6.202 per day

Oh I broke 6

when did that happen...
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #2158 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 18:41:54 »
SpAmRaY 22.498 per day
rowdy 16.974 per day

:p

;D.

In that case I thank you :) :cool: :)) :p

crawling my way towards 500

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2159 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 18:43:32 »
Tacticalstache 6.202 per day

Oh I broke 6

when did that happen...

:))

It is still wondered whether we could have a top to posting rate on the stats page.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2160 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 19:48:12 »
700! :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2161 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:03:16 »
SpAmRaY 22.498 per day
rowdy 16.974 per day

:P

But yours is going up and mine is going down! ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2162 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:05:09 »

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2163 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:42:38 »
This is my 1k post.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2164 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:43:03 »
Except to forum is going haywire and does not register half my posts, including that one.

EDIT: Or this one for that matter. I guess I am stuck at 999.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2165 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:46:27 »
Except to forum is going haywire and does not register half my posts, including that one.

1000 now - congratulations!

Enlightenment!!

Posts in Off Topic and a few other areas don't count, by the way :p

Are you going to request a star?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2166 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:49:00 »
Grats, Grim!

One day...I shall have my pink star.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2167 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:49:28 »
1k here I am Wahoo!

Damnit Grim, you beat me here  :))

So, cyan or pink star?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2168 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:50:12 »
Pink hands down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2169 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:50:37 »
1k here I am Wahoo!

Damnit Grim, you beat me here  :))

So, cyan or pink star?

Congratulations and enlightenment to you too!

Star blah blah blah ...

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2170 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 02:00:03 »
Pink hands down.

Yea I'm thinking pink too.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2171 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 02:01:44 »
Pink hands down.

Pink would imply that you are exquisite, whereas cyan would imply that you are esteemed.

Such choice!

Very indecision.

So star.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2172 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 02:08:04 »
Pink hands down.

Pink would imply that you are exquisite, whereas cyan would imply that you are esteemed.

Such choice!

Very indecision.

So star.

Great advice!
I have decided.
I want to be a space dandy!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2173 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 14:04:00 »
I'm on Tenten (1010) ~ A palindrome!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2174 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 14:12:17 »

1000 now - congratulations!

Enlightenment!!

Posts in Off Topic and a few other areas don't count, by the way :p

Are you going to request a star?

They all count just don't all increase the number under your avatar :P :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2175 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 15:09:52 »

Um, not sure how to tell you this, but a palindrome is something that reads the same backwards and forwards.  1010 backwards is 0101, which is subtly different :p

Congrats anyway :)

Actually I'm not sure they do.

If I have so many off topic posts, then why doesn't "off topic" appear in my stats, in the "Most Popular Boards By Posts" bit?

According to those stats, I post the most in "keyboards", then in "geekhack media", then in "keyboard key caps".  The rest are (relatively) insignificant.  All posts are recorded in your post history, but many don't contribute to any stats.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2176 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 15:29:55 »

Um, not sure how to tell you this, but a palindrome is something that reads the same backwards and forwards.  1010 backwards is 0101, which is subtly different :p

If I have so many off topic posts, then why doesn't "off topic" appear in my stats, in the "Most Popular Boards By Posts" bit?

According to those stats, I post the most in "keyboards", then in "geekhack media", then in "keyboard key caps".  The rest are (relatively) insignificant.  All posts are recorded in your post history, but many don't contribute to any stats.

That's why I had to specify TenTen  :p .. okay fine I'll return when I hit 1111 or something.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2177 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 16:46:45 »

They all count just don't all increase the number under your avatar :p :D

Probably too much of a drag on the server to keep up the stats for the off topic section  :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2178 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 17:43:33 »

They all count just don't all increase the number under your avatar :p :D

Probably too much of a drag on the server to keep up the stats for the off topic section  :))

GH used to :))

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2179 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 16:46:10 »

I post a lot.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #2180 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 16:51:36 »
Show Image

I post a lot.

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I JUST SCREENSHOTTED IT TOOOO, but I guess I didn't have to :P

Congrats, bb <3

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #2181 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 08:05:40 »
Show Image

I post a lot.

Congrats on 10K! :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2182 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 03:38:23 »
Show Image

I post a lot.

Congratulations!

Welcome to what I shall call, for want of a better term, the club.

You should now have reached true enlightenment ;)

Thank you for your Simple Questions thread - that, possibly above all others, has helped so many people!

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #2183 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:12:37 »
1234! :thumb:

76691-0

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2184 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:26:18 »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2186 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:41:05 »
Gratz infiniti!

Also, 3.6k.

Ehh, not a big one... not screenshot worthy...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2187 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 10:55:27 »
Show Image

I post a lot.

Mmmmm, I like that picture...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2188 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:15:22 »

(Attachment Link)

One! Two! Three! Four!
Who do we appreciate...or?

infiniti!!

Congratulations :)

Gratz infiniti!

Also, 3.6k.

Grats :)

Does this have any particular significance for you?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2189 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 11:51:01 »

(Attachment Link)

One! Two! Three! Four!
Who do we appreciate...or?

infiniti!!

Congratulations :)

Gratz infiniti!

Also, 3.6k.

Grats :)

Does this have any particular significance for you?
Not really. Just that it's an aesthetically pleasing number (it ends in 00).
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2190 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:10:11 »
500!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2191 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:13:07 »
Not quite :(

Posts in off topic don't count :p
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2192 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:15:01 »
Not quite :(

Posts in off topic don't count :p
Brb

EDIT: Fixed!
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:19:57 by FrostyToast »
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2193 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 19:25:27 »
500!
Show Image

Is 500 now, anyway.

Congratulations!

Half way to enlightenment ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #2194 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 09:27:55 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2195 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 16:35:46 »

Congratulations!

What is the significance of 515?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2196 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 16:37:25 »
it's a palindrome?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2197 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 16:50:07 »

Offline iri

« Reply #2198 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 16:57:19 »
It's a palindrome, it starts and ends with 5,and it looks like sis, which is first three letters of the Russian word meaning "a boob". Anything else, good sirs?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2199 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 16:58:09 »
It's a palindrome, it starts and ends with 5,and it looks like sis, which is first three letters of the Russian word meaning "a boob". Anything else, good sirs?

The Russian word reference says it all - thank you :D