Author Topic: Keyboard links/resources  (Read 6615 times)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Keyboard links/resources
« on: Tue, 21 August 2007, 01:39:12 »
Post your favorite keyboard vendors, fan sites, care-and-feeding guides, etc in this thread.  

Vendors
Das Keyboard - The blank keytop keyboard that seems to be all  the rave lately.  These use Cherry's gold-plated mechanical switches.  Dubbed "the keyboard that clicks".

Unicomp Keyboard Products - The supposed successor to the IBM/Lexmark keyboard kings.  According to their website, they purchased Lexmark's keyboard technology from them in 1996.

Clicky Keyboards - THE place to get the real deal.  Great source for all things Model M.  (it's where I purchased my beloved 84-key space saver)

PFU Systems - Home of the legendary Happy Hacking line of keyboards.  I purchased my Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional here...arguably (by ME) the best keyboard in existence.

Fan sites/blogs
ModelM.org - TYPE HARD OR GO HOME.  Model M fan site.  Some links appear to be broken (forum down) and I wasn't able to register my beloved spacesaver here, but I'm going to keep checking this site in the hopes that it sees a revival.  :)

Care and Feeding of an IBM Model M - Title says it all.  Good resource for disassembling and cleaning your Model M.  

IBM Model M USB upgrade - USB-i-fy your Model M!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Keyboard links/resources
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 06:40:01 »
Things sure have changed, but geekhack is still around!! Thanks to iMav for his part in keeping it here  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 August 2013, 10:36:49 by SpAmRaY »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 06:50:27 »
The ultimate necro bump?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:20:20 »
had to beat spamray at his own game... :))

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:21:00 »
had to beat spamray at his own game...

necro'ed

I didn't want to re-necro a thread I already necro'd ;)

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:22:09 »
had to beat spamray at his own game...

necro'ed

I didn't want to re-necro a thread I already necro'd ;)

true...

well this has been fun. :D
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 09:18:41 »
Things sure have changed, but geekhack is still around!! Thanks to iMav for his part in keeping it here  :thumb:

For all the noobs. :spam:

Offline Crapbag

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 10:12:52 »
Dead links.