Author Topic: Photo Contest!  (Read 126841 times)

Offline KeyPop

• www.KeyPop.net [키팝.net]
    • KeyPop.net
Photo Contest!
« on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 01:46:03 »
Giving away money for your pictures of our keycaps!
There are a few exceptions to the rules.
1. POST your pictures in this thread rather than emailing it to us!
2. You may not enter in both the subscriber's contest(or reddit) and the GH contest! Choose one!
3. Multiple submissions allowed but you are required to choose only 1 in the final submission.
4. Enjoy!

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
Re: Photo Contest!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 13:38:05 »
Disappointed...
Almost $35 worth of free money for a picture and zero submissions with 3 days left. 
:\

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 13:41:43 »
Disappointed...
Almost $35 worth of free money for a picture and zero submissions with 3 days left. 

how does one distinguish between "keypop.net keycaps" and keycaps produced by signature plastics

i found this thread by checking the "unread" threads

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 13:42:22 »
Im sorry but i dont have any of your keycaps...

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 13:44:55 »
Disappointed...

how does one distinguish between "keypop.net keycaps" and keycaps produced by signature plastics

As long as the picture contains keycaps that are listed on our website it is fair game!
Come on guys! If there is only 1 submission by the end of the contest, that means that individual wins the 1st Place prize by default.

No need to apologize ;]
This contest is completely optional. We'd just like to give geekhackers an opportunity for free keycaps.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 13:50:05 »
Disappointed...

As long as the picture contains keycaps that are listed on our website it is fair game!
Come on guys! If there is only 1 submission by the end of the contest, that means that individual wins the 1st Place prize by default.

No need to apologize ;]
This contest is completely optional. We'd just like to give geekhackers an opportunity for free keycaps.

Oops...I sent my pictures in through email before I saw this thread. Can I still post mine here?

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 13:54:14 »
Disappointed...

No need to apologize ;]

Oops...I sent my pictures in through email before I saw this thread. Can I still post mine here?
You can only participate in one category of the contest. You can choose to participate in the Geekhack portion(Post pictures here), the Subscriber's portion(email to News@KeyPop.net), or Reddit(email to News@Keypop.net with reddit screename in title)

If you have already submitted your pictures, no worries you have already been entered in the drawing. If you would like to switch your submission to the Geekhack category feel free to contact us!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 14:02:45 »
Disappointed...

No need to apologize ;]

You can only participate in one category of the contest. You can choose to participate in the Geekhack portion(Post pictures here), the Subscriber's portion(email to News@KeyPop.net), or Reddit(email to News@Keypop.net with reddit screename in title)

If you have already submitted your pictures, no worries you have already been entered in the drawing. If you would like to switch your submission to the Geekhack category feel free to contact us!

I'll take my chances in the subscriber's portion since I literally just got the email saying I was entered. Thanks for doing the contest. I'll have to pay more attention to your GH subforum next time you guys run one.

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 14:20:30 »

Select your keycap sir!

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 14:36:43 »
Show Image

Select your keycap sir!

Our first submission!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 17:09:16 »
Just got my first order today. Thank you for shipping it so fast!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 19:42:32 »
Free bump, guys... that's free money right there and you guys love to take photos. come on lol. I'm submitting through email borrowing a buddy's camera.
I love Elzy

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 19:45:34 »
Free bump, guys... that's free money right there and you guys love to take photos. come on lol. I'm submitting through email borrowing a buddy's camera.

Much thanks! So far 3 submissions! Taking a photo only takes a minute! The nicer the photo the higher chance you have of winning!

Keep in mind multiple submissions allowed! Didn't like the last photo you took? Take another one! 

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 19:57:26 »
I have no interest in winning, but I should take some photos for keypop :) Hopefully this weekend I'll be feeling up to it!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 21:56:37 »
My first idea was this one: Ship of Fools Keycaps

But my daughter jumped in the water before I could get a better shot.

So my official entry is the following: Basking in the Aussie Sunshine

About 37 degrees outside at the moment - the keycaps were hot to the touch when I had finished.

My other KeyPop keycaps would have been invited along, but they have been in the mail since late November - should I be worrying?

Edit: They arrived today :)  A bit too late to get into that pic, I might see if I can setup another photo, but my other half has other plans.  "Basking in the Aussie Sunshine" stands as my entry for now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 January 2013, 00:44:31 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 22:28:05 »
My first idea was this one: Ship of Fools Keycaps

Show Image

But my daughter jumped in the water before I could get a better shot.

So my official entry is the following: Basking in the Aussie Sunshine

Show Image

About 37 degrees outside at the moment - the keycaps were hot to the touch when I had finished.

My other KeyPop keycaps would have been invited along, but they have been in the mail since late November - should I be worrying?

I think we have a winner. My photos pale in comparison to these two. Great job Rowdy!

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 22:30:32 »
If only I had some caps from you guys.
Id bring out the 85 1.2 and bokeh the crap out of it.

It sure is hot down under...luckily in an air conditioned environment

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 22:31:36 »
We'll see - there is still a couple of days or so to go :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mickd

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 00:32:03 »
Apparently it's going to be 43 degrees tomorrow.. It also reached 43 where I am a week ago too. By the way, love those photos :)

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 00:40:58 »

Pretty simple, but the caps look excellent on their own :)
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 00:45:42 »
Apparently it's going to be 43 degrees tomorrow.. It also reached 43 where I am a week ago too. By the way, love those photos :)

We have 24 forecast for tomorrow, much nicer.  My other half has plans for the morning, at least.  Might has to see if I can collect all my KeyPop keycaps together, now the new 16 have arrived, and take a group photo :)

Good luck mate!
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 January 2013, 00:58:13 by rowdy »

Offline djmattm

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 04:48:04 »
Here's my try, sorry for the terrible quality, only got cellphone potatocamera....
Title: Happiness
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2013, 08:02:17 by djmattm »
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Stealth Edition

Offline mickd

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 07:53:00 »
Here's my submission. If I didn't get home at midnight today I would have probably gone into the garden to find a nicer flower :)

11685-0

This is one of the other ideas I had, but it didn't turn out as well as I hoped. Hopefully you guys still enjoy it!

11687-1

Both taken using a potato.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:13:51 »
I like the Cube one :)

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 14:15:55 »
Wish I had a DSLR so I could actually take quality photos xD
Oh well, here is my poor attempt at showing the beauty of these 'caps from KeyPop!
Says I can enter the contest as many times as I like, so I'll just post all my potato pics  in this album:/
Link to Album: http://imgur.com/a/aeZsB
Final Chosen Picture:
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2013, 19:13:51 by razorsharpgears »
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline mickd

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:26:27 »
I like the Cube one :)

Haha, maybe I should change my submission around then ;) It was the first idea I had but I lacked a few more unique keys with the same colours to stick on. Some earlier pictures I took which I didn't post had the top layer completely covered in white and yellow keys too =)

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:29:38 »
The contest is supposed to be over :O
But no winner has been decided yet I guess.

Show Image

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:34:06 by razorsharpgears »
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:35:11 »
The contest is supposed to be over :O
But no winner has been decided yet I guess.

Show Image

Our apologies. It may take us a day or two to organize the winnings. We are currently running this contest on 3 fronts :] We'll try our best to give you guys the results soon!

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:36:01 »
No problem ^_^
Take your time, just looking forward to the results xD
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:43:28 »
No problem ^_^
Another new avatar?! AAAHHHHHH
What are we gonna do with you razor....
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:45:17 by KangarooZombies »
Having a bad day?

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:48:21 »
No problem ^_^
Haha, found this while browsing, thought I'd give it for a spin...
Oh, and no more ketchup for you xD
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:52:23 »
No problem ^_^
The teary eyes and broken ketchup was starting to get to me...
Having a bad day?

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:03:24 »
No problem ^_^

Understandable. At least in this pic, he hasn't broken the ketchup bottle yet, and is thus still happy XD
But I like the Tux-Pika.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:14:43 »
No problem ^_^
Show Image

Understandable. At least in this pic, he hasn't broken the ketchup bottle yet, and is thus still happy XD
But I like the Tux-Pika.
Have we derailed this thread enough yet?  :/
Having a bad day?

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:32:31 »
No problem ^_^
Show Image

But I like the Tux-Pika.
Have we derailed this thread enough yet?  :/
Probably :\
On a side note, my original avatar is back up :3
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 01:01:16 »
Guys! Guys! I won 4th! My potato actually won something! Thanks James :D
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link