Author Topic: Phantom PLATES (shipping)  (Read 89724 times)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Phantom PLATES (shipping)
« on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 17:09:54 »
This is the official GB, carried over from the IC of these plates. They're $22/plate, in stainless steel with the top face finished in line graining. These plates are REQUIRED for the PCB to be mounted mounted on the case. The plate itself is compatible with Filco, PLU, and CM quickfire TKL cases. Every switch can be taken apart without desoldering, and it's compatible with both cherry and costar stabilizers.

ANS125 - Popular standard layout of mainstream keyboards. ANSI layout with 1.25x bottom modifiers and 6.25x space bar.

ANS150 - ANSI layout with bottom modifiers in 1.5x - 1x - 1.5x and 7x space bar. Popular with Cherry or Korean customs

ISO125 - ISO layout with 1.25x bottom modifiers and 6.25x space bar.

ISO150 - ISO layout with bottom modifiers in 1.5x - 1x - 1.5x configuration and 7x space bar.

NOTE ON THE FOLLOWING PLATES: there are a few more custom ones that I've added. There are no keycap sets with proper legends that will fully accommodate to these 4 new ones, not even a tsangan kit from SP. Only choice you really have is to get them from WASD, which only comes in ABS and lasered legends if you want a matching set. Otherwise you'll have to mix and match keycaps from different sets, so buy these plates with discretion. If you're unsure, think about also picking up a more standard plate, because there won't be a round2 for these plates.

PRF125 - Profosist's custom layout. Extra 2 keys in the function row, split L-shift key, split backspace, short Enter + 1x, short R-shift + 1x

HHK150 - jdcarpe's proposed layout. It's basically a HHKB layout with the extra function row keys that are specific to phantom PCB.

WFD125 - This is my personal favorite. It's based on ANSI, similar to a HHKB layout but has standard function row and 1.25 bottom modifiers. Easier compatibility with keycap sets.

RBD150 - Last one for our ISO fans. 1.50 modifiers, split backspace, and short R-shift with 1x function key.

There must be at least 150 total plates ordered for these price, and MOQ for each design is 15. For plates that don't reach 15pcs: They will either be canceled or if we're almost at 15, people from that plate's sub-group can buy up the rest and cost is split between the subgroup. I'll put an option in the order form that if it were be canceled, which plate you'd want the order to default to. If the 2nd preferred plate also gets canceled, you can either pick ANS125, ANS150, or cancel the whole thing. The only two design that well exceed the 15 MOQ are ANS125 and ANS150 based on the votes.
(example: You want a HHK150, the MOQ is not reached so your order will automatically default to WFD125. The WFD125 also doesn't reach 15 MOQ, so your order automatically defaults to ANS125).

ORDER FORM
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 April 2013, 19:20:12 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Re: Phantom PLATES
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 17:10:06 »
YOUR SUBMITTED ORDER

This is what line-grained will look like. Pretty much the same as brushed aluminum.

Other various finishes
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 January 2013, 01:01:21 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 17:32:34 »
Form(s) filled. :)

Should be for:

HHK150 x 2
PRF125 x 1
ANS150 x 1
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 17:40:37 »
Sorry to be stupid.  Perhaps I just forgot, but isn't the phantom board ANSI150 only?  What would you use the other plates for?

Offline Leewei

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 17:41:38 »
What if we ordered through TheProfosist?
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 17:41:49 »
Phantom PCB can be configured in any of these layout designs.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline pasph

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 17:42:44 »
For 2 plates we have to fill for 2 times the form?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 17:47:59 »
What if we ordered through TheProfosist?

He preemptively put the plates in his order form before the company got back to me with all the options on material, price, and surface finish that was finalized. These should override but I'm ironing out the details with him right now.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:03:38 »
$22 shipped?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:04:36 »

Also wondering about this, since I'm ordering two different plates.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:12:14 »
$22 shipped?
they are going to be shipped to me in bulk it seems

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:13:30 »
I'm asking if I order one, it will be to my door for $22? or will there be a shipping charge?

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:16:52 »
2 plates, fill it out twice. 4 plates, fill it out 4 times, etc.. This accounts for every plate, and it's easier to manage if a certain design gets cancelled then I'll know which plate it defaults to for that specific one ordered.
EDIT: nevermind, the form was changed so fill it out ONCE only.

$22 shipped?
$22 is picked up straight from the company. I don't think anyone is going to get plates alone, they'll be combined with whatever you're order from Profosist's GB. Whatever he charges extra, you'll have to ask him. It might be a tad higher for shipping to him or handling fees, but I do think $3 higher per plate is a bit much.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:12:35 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:24:57 »
2 plates, fill it out twice. 4 plates, fill it out 4 times, etc.. This accounts for every plate, and it's easier to manage if a certain design gets cancelled then I'll know which plate it defaults to for that specific one ordered.

$22 shipped?
$22 is picked up straight from the company. I don't think anyone is going to get plates alone, they'll be combined with whatever you're order from Profosist's GB. Whatever he charges extra, you'll have to ask him. It might be a tad higher for shipping to him or handling fees, but I do think $3 higher per plate is a bit much.
yes it was a bit much i agree and it could always be changed

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:26:45 »
as a note im shutting off the form and clearing it and completely redoing it. I will post when it back up and you wiill have to resubmit your order. sorry about the inconvenience.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:39:36 »
Ok since Profosist is managing most of the stuff, he wants the form to be done his way lol. I gave him access to everything so they're temporarily down until he's done.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:43:16 »
Ok since Profosist is managing most of the stuff, he wants the form to be done his way lol. I gave him access to everything so they're temporarily down until he's done.
yes i am changing the form so yo ucan order any amount of plates and to that it is easier to manage from our end using number and what not

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:03:54 »
The new form is up http://tinyurl.com/ads3tkc .  Sorry about changing the form after WFD already made it and put iit up but I think that this wil be much easier to use and manage, hopefully you understand.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:04:20 »
So if i entered in a plate order in Prof's group buy, that is now null and void and i need to fill out this one instead? or do i not need to fill this one out?

Offline pasph

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:12:11 »
Inflation is king! From $22 to $23 in less than 1 hour. :D
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
Phantom PLATES
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:13:04 »
Prof, your form has ANS125 and ANS150 twice. I think those second set are supposed to be ISO.

in memoriam

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:19:13 »
So if i entered in a plate order in Prof's group buy, that is now null and void and i need to fill out this one instead? or do i not need to fill this one out?
yes please enter here i will be pming and email everyone that ordered plates from me directly tonight about this

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:19:36 »
Prof, your form has ANS125 and ANS150 twice. I think those second set are supposed to be ISO.
fixed, thanks for catching that jdcarpe

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:20:35 »
Inflation is king! From $22 to $23 in less than 1 hour. :D
sorry but new plan is to have plates shipped from manufacturer directly to me which hopefully the 1$ per plate should cover

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:29:25 »
Flat rate shouldn't be a lot for 150 aluminum plates

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:31:25 »
manufacturer ships UPS, sorry I just though id save WFD the trouble of driving to get them.

o and at least in my parts and assembly GB i dont think we were any where near that 150 mark :(

Offline pasph

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:32:56 »
Filled

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:36:13 »
manufacturer ships UPS, sorry I just though id save WFD the trouble of driving to get them.

o and at least in my parts and assembly GB i dont think we were any where near that 150 mark :(

I'm so confused on to who is running plates. I'll just do it myself I guess

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:42:23 »

Offline metafour

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:43:24 »

Yeah, this is all getting really confusing REALLY fast. I just want the parts.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:43:43 »

WFD i think? maybe you iif they dont meet 15? idk im not in charge nor informed about that part sorry.

Offline Soulpyre

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:44:02 »
I'm also confused about ordering plates. If we order from WFD here, will the plates be shipped to TheProfosist, and then shipped from him to us? And are the ANSI 125/150 plates going to be the same price regardless of who we buy them from?
TX 1800 - 62g Clears
KMAC LE - GON's Nerd PCB 62g Clears
KPAD - 62g Clears
KBT Race - Browns, Ducky Shine 4 - Browns

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 19:52:17 »
If shipping wasn't such a pain in the ****, I'd run it. But I'm sure people want plates now not when I have time to run a GB. I also think I could do a better price that $22 or $23

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 20:01:53 »
I'm also confused about ordering plates. If we order from WFD here, will the plates be shipped to TheProfosist, and then shipped from him to us? And are the ANSI 125/150 plates going to be the same price regardless of who we buy them from?
dont buy any from me those will be canceled i will be sending something about that soon

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 21:25:04 »
I added lines for you second and third choices if you r plate gets cancel by WFD's request

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 21:42:13 »
Damn i really like WFD design, id go with the HHK layout also, sorry prof

ordered

2 x ANSI125
2 x WFD125

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 21:50:57 »
lol its cool BTW i better be able to get one of my own plate i need 4 so that should give us a good start

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 21:52:29 »
Damn i really like WFD design, id go with the HHK layout also, sorry prof

ordered

2 x ANSI125
2 x WFD125
order received

Offline Sai

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:01:37 »
so, WFD is building my phantom and i've no idea for the shipping address. should i just leave note in the comment section to send my plate to WFD?
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:03:27 »
so, WFD is building my phantom and i've no idea for the shipping address. should i just leave note in the comment section to send my plate to WFD?
yes but i still need your shipping address though in is specific spot

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:26:50 »
So let me get this straight:

If we ordered from Prof originally....all orders will say intact minus the plates.  So if you ordered switches, plates, LEDs, & stabilizers from Prof you do not need to resubmit the entire order...you only need to resubmit the order for plates?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:33:01 »

If we ordered from Prof originally....all orders will say intact minus the plates.  So if you ordered switches, plates, LEDs, & stabilizers from Prof you do not need to resubmit the entire order...you only need to resubmit the order for plates?
yes thats correct sorry about all of this im am updating my GB with this info as well
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:50:33 by TheProfosist »

Offline Sai

Phantom PLATES
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:33:43 »
yes but i still need your shipping address though in is specific spot

alright. that clears me now.
will fill out the form when iget home
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline metafour

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:41:54 »

yes thats correct sorry about all of this im am not updating my GB with this info as well

You are not?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:50:45 »

yes thats correct sorry about all of this im am not updating my GB with this info as well

You are not?
oops idk how that got there my bad

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:52:34 »
form just got updated with a field for shipping destination if you filled out the form before i added this please let me know what you want. I will try to pm/email these people also.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:55:24 by TheProfosist »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Phantom PLATES
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:59:03 »
This is a rough GB

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Phantom PLATES
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:59:31 »
Not complaining, jus commenting! Thanks for all your hard work, guys :)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:59:57 »
I apologize for all the confusion and shouldn't have passed on all this for someone else to handle. I'll now be handling everything, including the logistics as well. I'll take the orders, pick up the plates myself, package and ship out everything. I'll find time for all this. Directly from me is still $22 per plate. If all you need is the plate, then I will be the one shipping it to you.

Profosist however, is still having his own GB running for all other parts, so if you ordered stuff from him, I'm shipping some plates to him to go along with his stuff. I think there were about 40 people that filled out his form. I'm also making the custom spacebar wires in both 6.25x and 7x, so you can get it directly from me or along with his stuff.

Again, sorry for the mess in these first two pages.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 23:04:30 »
Cool beans...submitted my plate order.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)