Author Topic: Phantom PLATES (shipping)  (Read 90020 times)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Phantom PLATES (shipping)
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:18:22 »
Still looking for a ansi125 plate, please let me know. : (
inteli has a point..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #351 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:19:00 »
I may have an extra ANS150 plate or two once I receive my plates...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Rendom

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 02:22:31 »
Sigh. I guess that will do. I really dislike 150 layout because of the need to hunt a tsangan kit.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 02:32:34 »
yeah I might want to get rid of my 125+pcb too... once I get it. I'm totally in 60/65% right now.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 03:05:31 »
yeah I might want to get rid of my 125+pcb too... once I get it. I'm totally in 60/65% right now.

Please let me know when you do. : (
QFR - MX Blue

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 07:51:57 »
I am also interested in a ANSI 125 plate, and if possible pcb too. Anyone who wants to sell theirs PM me Thanks.

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #356 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 11:24:08 »
Yeah sometimes this week for most of them. But I need to straighten out which plates go where, and it's a mess right now. People have been selling orders and it no longer goes to original owner. Then I have to figure out which ones stay with me, goes to bavman, ship directly to buyers, or whether to send any to profosist or not. I cannot contact that guy to confirm anything or get payment he's owed me for a while now.

Any updates? If we ordered a plate and pcb we're waiting for the plates to be shipped to bavman and then he'll ship them both to us?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 18:43:39 »
I've had most of them for a while. Waiting for Beast to send me the rest so I can ship it directly, or to bavman. I already have a spreadsheet on exactly where each plate will be sent, or whether they will be combined with PCB or not.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 18:44:27 »
I've had most of them for a while. Waiting for Beast to send me the rest so I can ship it directly, or to bavman. I already have a spreadsheet on exactly where each plate will be sent, or whether they will be combined with PCB or not.

They'll be shipped tomorrow pending that PM I sent you.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 07:01:20 »
Why didn't Beast just ship to Bavman??

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
« Reply #360 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:14:14 »
Looks like I missed out on this, oh well, need it TKL anyway... I'm in for round two if we can get a TKL version
| KB Paradise V60 Maias Quiet Click | Realforce 55gram 87U | MiniTouch (Ivory Hua-Jie) | Poker II | IBM Model F | Unicomp Ultraclassic | Dell AT101W (Black Alps) | WASD Code (Clear) |
Dvorak Only Zone

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:18:29 »
Looks like I missed out on this, oh well, need it TKL anyway... I'm in for round two if we can get a TKL version

Huh? The Phantom is indeed a TenKeyLess design...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Permeability

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:24:16 »

Huh? The Phantom is indeed a TenKeyLess design...

He is probably confused because the plates look like they support a number pad, but that is just to support a Quickfire TK style of layout if im not mistaken.
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #363 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 02:26:53 »
I got the rest of the plates from Beast. The box felt like it weighed 200 pounds. This thing was dragged all the way from the main office, up my stairs. Lazy-ass deliverer didn't want to carry it up my stairs :/

Plates that Beast sent have slight curves, so you'll have to unbend them before installing the PCBs. There are about 50, so I don't have time to unbend them myself before shipping, but it should only take you 5 min. I'll get to shipping these out in the next week. There are about 140 total.

Offline Sai

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 02:44:29 »
ahaha. good news. finally my phantom is going to be finished. :D
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Rendom

« Reply #365 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 03:28:27 »
I got the rest of the plates from Beast. The box felt like it weighed 200 pounds. This thing was dragged all the way from the main office, up my stairs. Lazy-ass deliverer didn't want to carry it up my stairs :/

Plates that Beast sent have slight curves, so you'll have to unbend them before installing the PCBs. There are about 50, so I don't have time to unbend them myself before shipping, but it should only take you 5 min. I'll get to shipping these out in the next week. There are about 140 total.

So they are all bended?  :-\
QFR - MX Blue

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #366 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 06:48:30 »
They just have a slight curvature to them from going through the time saver in only one direction. It's really no big deal to straighten them out before you install your switches.

in memoriam

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #367 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:04:01 »

Knowing this anyone want to sell me their Ans125?  ;D
CM QFR | WASD V1 | Flico MJ2 LE Blue | Ducky 78 | Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE  |Phantom |
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #368 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 07:33:16 »

You guys know that the phantom parts are open source, right?  You can just have one made up for you any time you want.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #369 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:07:31 »

You guys know that the phantom parts are open source, right?  You can just have one made up for you any time you want.

By who?
QFR - MX Blue

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #370 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:36:26 »

By who?

Find someone local to you with a laser cutter. The drawing files are out there.

in memoriam

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #371 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:03:43 »

By who?

Find someone local to you with a laser cutter. The drawing files are out there.

do you by chance know where they located?

I've searched but couldn't find them, maybe I'm bad with the techno lingo, but not sure what it would be called.
CM QFR | WASD V1 | Flico MJ2 LE Blue | Ducky 78 | Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE  |Phantom |
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #372 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:09:32 »

I've searched but couldn't find them, maybe I'm bad with the techno lingo, but not sure what it would be called.

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/phantom-custom-keyboard-group-buy-closed-t1411-180.html

in memoriam

Offline Rendom

« Reply #373 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:12:42 »

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/phantom-custom-keyboard-group-buy-closed-t1411-180.html

cant seems to open the files after unzipping them  :-\
QFR - MX Blue

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #374 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:23:09 »

cant seems to open the files after unzipping them  :-\

they open fine in autocad.....what are you trying to open them with?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:29:17 »
I have a 1.25 plate + PCB + teensy. If this has not yet been shipped to me (which I suspect) you can have the whole order flipped to you.

I'm totally in for 60% right now, I don't need another TKL.

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 14:50:37 »
I've contacted a laser shop and they are asking for the thickness... as i don't have CAD I'm unsure what to answer. Can someone help me out with this?

Sorry to hijack this thread.  :-[

I have a 1.25 plate + PCB + teensy. If this has not yet been shipped to me (which I suspect) you can have the whole order flipped to you.

I'm totally in for 60% right now, I don't need another TKL.

Who is this directed to?
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 14:51:56 »
I've contacted a laser shop and they are asking for the thickness... as i don't have CAD can someone help me out with this?

1/16in if you are in the usa. 1.5mm would be better though since it's closer to costar specs.
github

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #378 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 14:57:17 »
I've contacted a laser shop and they are asking for the thickness... as i don't have CAD can someone help me out with this?

1/16in if you are in the usa. 1.5mm would be better though since it's closer to costar specs.

Thank you.
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 14:58:59 »

Thank you.
Sorry - I was a little vague. It is 0.06" on the costar spec sheet. However, it's hard to find sheets of this thickness. Try to get 1.5mm if you can, but I've heard it's hard to get this in the USA. 1/16" is easy to find and will also work okay, however you might need to sand it down to get costar stabilisers to fit.
github

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #380 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 15:25:11 »

Thank you.
Sorry - I was a little vague. It is 0.06" on the costar spec sheet. However, it's hard to find sheets of this thickness. Try to get 1.5mm if you can, but I've heard it's hard to get this in the USA. 1/16" is easy to find and will also work okay, however you might need to sand it down to get costar stabilisers to fit.

but if i have Cherry Stabs would that matter?
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #381 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 15:27:13 »

Thank you.

but if i have Cherry Stabs would that matter?
Oh, in that case I don't think it matters too much. Any of the three thicknesses will work. Just get whatever is cheapest/most readily available.
github

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 15:46:16 »
Most places carry 1.5mm / 0.06".  It doesn't matter so much.  For example, the KMAC comes with a pretty thin plate... more like 1.0mm.

By the way, you can definitely get your parts made just for you (I do it regularly these days) however you will find that it is way more expensive than the group buy prices.  Economy of scale.  I probably should have mentioned that in my previous comment.

Offline eRadicatedZomBiE

• It's OK, I'm A Doctor.
« Reply #383 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 16:35:18 »
Most places carry 1.5mm / 0.06".  It doesn't matter so much.  For example, the KMAC comes with a pretty thin plate... more like 1.0mm.

By the way, you can definitely get your parts made just for you (I do it regularly these days) however you will find that it is way more expensive than the group buy prices.  Economy of scale.  I probably should have mentioned that in my previous comment.

Yea, I assumed that from the beginning, I'm trying to buy a plate so i can finally start building this thing...

also, Matt3o, I don't want to step on anyone's toes but if you're willing to sell your "spot" for the plate send me a PM and we'll work it out.
Ergodox

My WTB Thread

Offline Rendom

« Reply #384 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 23:00:35 »

Yea, I assumed that from the beginning, I'm trying to buy a plate so i can finally start building this thing...

also, Matt3o, I don't want to step on anyone's toes but if you're willing to sell your "spot" for the plate send me a PM and we'll work it out.

Let me buy the whole thing. : (
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #385 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 01:55:27 »
I'm selling all or nothing :)

I still have to understand if my order has been shipped... and who is actually responsible for shipping it :) I made my order months ago and I'm a bit lost at this point

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #386 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 02:19:05 »
So apparently there were a few order transfers without letting me know. I'm not a mind reader you know. When I have to track down who to properly send it to, it slows things down.

Attachment below will show you where your plate and PCB will go. You can see it's a tad complicated, but I have to account for everyone, and where everything will go. I sent this same spreadsheet to bavman.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #387 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 02:24:27 »
ahem... why isn't my name there? Does it mean that it has already been shipped?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #388 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 02:26:46 »
There are many tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet, your name should be there.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #389 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 02:31:28 »
my bad, I thought "search" would search across tabs.

anyway I don't want to make things complicated for you. I'll sell my stuff when I get it.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #390 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 05:55:58 »
So apparently there were a few order transfers without letting me know. I'm not a mind reader you know. When I have to track down who to properly send it to, it slows things down.

Attachment below will show you where your plate and PCB will go. You can see it's a tad complicated, but I have to account for everyone, and where everything will go. I sent this same spreadsheet to bavman.

It's all good on my side  :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #391 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 06:48:36 »
If anyone does want to get rid of their order now, later or whatever I'm interested in getting an ANSI125 plate and the pcb kit with teensy kit. Or any/all other pieces and parts.

I've had a few people offer me their extras but nothing has been finalized yet, hoping to hear back from a few people.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #392 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 06:52:45 »
If anyone does want to get rid of their order now, later or whatever I'm interested in getting an ANSI125 plate and the pcb kit with teensy kit. Or any/all other pieces and parts.

I've had a few people offer me their extras but nothing has been finalized yet, hoping to hear back from a few people.

Let me know if there's any extra. I'd really want a set.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #393 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 06:54:53 »

which plate are you wanting? Or are you just looking for the pcb kit.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #394 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 07:03:04 »

125 and kit : )
QFR - MX Blue

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #395 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 07:12:25 »

125 and kit : )

Ok I'll keep an eye out and if I end up with extras I'm sure we could work something out.

Offline jabar

« Reply #396 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 10:44:02 »
WFD, sent you a PM about a plate transfer.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #397 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 11:58:42 »
If you don't have Excel like me, here is an online reader with already parsed Excel sheet: https://sheet.zoho.com/view.do?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgeekhack.org%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D39410.0%3Battach%3D22430

WFD, what's the status on the German package? Why am I listed there with a question mark?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #398 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 12:02:43 »
WFD, I sent you a couple PMs so far about my plate coming direct to me, but it still shows as going to bavman on the spreadsheet. Sorry to be a bother, but it should come to me.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #399 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 15:20:35 »
This is the official GB, carried over from the IC of these plates. They're $22/plate, in stainless steel with the top face finished in line graining. These plates are REQUIRED for the PCB to be mounted mounted on the case. The plate itself is compatible with Filco, PLU, and CM quickfire TKL cases. Every switch can be taken apart without desoldering, and it's compatible with both cherry and costar stabilizers.

ANS125 - Popular standard layout of mainstream keyboards. ANSI layout with 1.25x bottom modifiers and 6.25x space bar.
Show Image

I would very, very much like to pick up one of these plates, is this GB still open? My apologies in advance, I'm still a GH noob.
ANS150 - ANSI layout with bottom modifiers in 1.5x - 1x - 1.5x and 7x space bar. Popular with Cherry or Korean customs
Show Image

ISO125 - ISO layout with 1.25x bottom modifiers and 6.25x space bar.
Show Image

ISO150 - ISO layout with bottom modifiers in 1.5x - 1x - 1.5x configuration and 7x space bar.
Show Image

NOTE ON THE FOLLOWING PLATES: there are a few more custom ones that I've added. There are no keycap sets with proper legends that will fully accommodate to these 4 new ones, not even a tsangan kit from SP. Only choice you really have is to get them from WASD, which only comes in ABS and lasered legends if you want a matching set. Otherwise you'll have to mix and match keycaps from different sets, so buy these plates with discretion. If you're unsure, think about also picking up a more standard plate, because there won't be a round2 for these plates.

PRF125 - Profosist's custom layout. Extra 2 keys in the function row, split L-shift key, split backspace, short Enter + 1x, short R-shift + 1x
Show Image

HHK150 - jdcarpe's proposed layout. It's basically a HHKB layout with the extra function row keys that are specific to phantom PCB.
Show Image

WFD125 - This is my personal favorite. It's based on ANSI, similar to a HHKB layout but has standard function row and 1.25 bottom modifiers. Easier compatibility with keycap sets.
Show Image

RBD150 - Last one for our ISO fans. 1.50 modifiers, split backspace, and short R-shift with 1x function key.
Show Image

There must be at least 150 total plates ordered for these price, and MOQ for each design is 15. For plates that don't reach 15pcs: They will either be canceled or if we're almost at 15, people from that plate's sub-group can buy up the rest and cost is split between the subgroup. I'll put an option in the order form that if it were be canceled, which plate you'd want the order to default to. If the 2nd preferred plate also gets canceled, you can either pick ANS125, ANS150, or cancel the whole thing. The only two design that well exceed the 15 MOQ are ANS125 and ANS150 based on the votes.
(example: You want a HHK150, the MOQ is not reached so your order will automatically default to WFD125. The WFD125 also doesn't reach 15 MOQ, so your order automatically defaults to ANS125).

ORDER FORM

Topre REALFORCE