Author Topic: Post your camera (PICTURES PLEASE!)  (Read 5533 times)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Post your camera (PICTURES PLEASE!)
« on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 19:14:14 »
Be creative on how you get a picture of your main camera and what you use with it, i.e. lenses, memory cards, hacks, tripods etc.

Here's mine:) Fujifilm AX550 that I got for Christmas. I combo it with an Eye-Fi and have my pictures go directly to Picasa. It's really nice to not be bound to a computer to have your pictures go up to the internet. :)

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:17:18 by SmallFry »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Post your camera (PICTURES PLEASE!)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 19:20:47 »
how do you like the eye-fi?

what services can you upload to? yeah i know i can google it but i'd like to hear your opinion on it.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 19:25:25 »
I really like mine, though it is very overpriced for the storage. I basically used my computer to setup the card, then disabled the images going to my rig, and just up to the internet. Hence why I've been posting a few more images as of late.
Also, rather than explaining (since I had no clue) I just went to the support page and found the supported upload sites for you.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 January 2013, 19:29:51 by SmallFry »

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 19:58:51 »
My baby: Pentax K-5 with 21mm pancake lens

My go-everywhere: Sony NEX-5n with 16mm pancake lens

The setup (taken with my potato: Samsung Galaxy Note 2)

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:00:40 »
One of my 3 SX-70, go instant photography!

Keyboardless

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:10:18 »
Not using that lens atm, haven't been to a track day in a while  :(

Have a 24-105 on it for the time being.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:15:13 »
mmmmmm 70-200 L glass, such an amazing lens :)
Keyboardless

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:21:51 »
mmmmmm 70-200 L glass, such an amazing lens :)

Great for panning and when its gets a bit dark.
My two zooms are plenty for me although I'd like a few primes in the future.

There was a pricing error for Graysonline who were supposedly selling 50 1.2, 85 1.2 & 35 1.4's for about 1k below rrp. I think around $350 ea, I missed it but my mate ordered about 15k worth and is waiting on either confirmation or cancellation...lol
If it goes through he probably just made himself 20k

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:26:40 »
85 1.2 is sweet i love that lens when i shoot wedding photography

but man that would be crazy if that order goes thru
Keyboardless

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 21:34:17 »
85 1.2 is sweet i love that lens when i shoot wedding photography

but man that would be crazy if that order goes thru

Yeah its a great wedding lens or a portrait on a full frame. The 50 1.2 is a much harder decision as the 1.8 is so cheap, really need to be dedicated to make the jump from 1.8 ->1.4->1.2.
I wouldn't mind a 16-35 II and a 24-70 if it had IS

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 22:18:30 »
Not my equipment when I shoot weddings so not my money hahaha

But as a everyday user yeah its hard to justify the jump in price from 1.8 ->1.4->1.2 i will have to agree with that

I used to love the 50 1.2 but i find the 85 much easier to shoot in a wedding scenario
Keyboardless

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 22:56:54 »

But as a everyday user yeah its hard to justify the jump in price from 1.8 ->1.4->1.2 i will have to agree with that

I used to love the 50 1.2 but i find the 85 much easier to shoot in a wedding scenario

Are you an expert in SX 70s? I bought 2 SX70 from Ebay, 1 the seller said that they never tested it and the other one was tested to be working, but I've never touched it yet, it's back in my hometown. I have the 1 that they never tested, and I tried it a few weeks back, and the film that came out was just 1 color, it's like not filmed properly, there are no images at all, just brown liquid'ish. Do you know what's wrong with it?
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 01:28:07 »

Are you an expert in SX 70s? I bought 2 SX70 from Ebay, 1 the seller said that they never tested it and the other one was tested to be working, but I've never touched it yet, it's back in my hometown. I have the 1 that they never tested, and I tried it a few weeks back, and the film that came out was just 1 color, it's like not filmed properly, there are no images at all, just brown liquid'ish. Do you know what's wrong with it?
Definitely not an expert haha I just love instant films of all kinds, but the SX70 has to be my favourite of them all, something about the design its just amazing.

Your issue is the film not the camera the chemicals on the film turned bad, what kind of film was it? Old Polaroid films or the new Impossible Project stuff? The Impossible Project ones used to have a lot of those brown spots issue when it was still in beta but its a lot better now but every so often it still does happen. Also be careful where you store your film it cant be too warm, its best to keep them in the fridge when its still in package.

If you are using old film just pick up some new ones and from the sound of it I think its fine.
Keyboardless

Offline iammbox

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 03:34:18 »
whats in my current bag:
5dmkii w/ bg-e6 grip
24-70 2.8
580exii
4x cactus v5 transceivers
chargers
hood
rs4 strap
giottos rocket air blower
batteries
power cord for alienbee b800

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 03:45:12 »

Very similar to what I've got =P

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 22:50:11 »
What is the air blower for? Defogging the lens?

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 22:52:00 »
What is the air blower for? Defogging the lens?

de-dusting :)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 22:54:20 »
Ah. I thought the lens was sealed while it was attached to the camera? I'm so confused. Hence why I use a crappy point and shoot. :P

Offline iammbox

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 01:10:57 »
theres a chance you might get dust when swapping lenses.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 05:16:54 »

Definitely not an expert haha I just love instant films of all kinds, but the SX70 has to be my favourite of them all, something about the design its just amazing.

Your issue is the film not the camera the chemicals on the film turned bad, what kind of film was it? Old Polaroid films or the new Impossible Project stuff? The Impossible Project ones used to have a lot of those brown spots issue when it was still in beta but its a lot better now but every so often it still does happen. Also be careful where you store your film it cant be too warm, its best to keep them in the fridge when its still in package.

If you are using old film just pick up some new ones and from the sound of it I think its fine.

I'm using the new impossible project. Do you know where can I get the old ones? We(me and my gf) actually used 2 of the film, one got stuck in the SX70 so we had to take it out, and we realize that the previous owner had glued the area where the film comes out together with the leather for some reason, so we fixed it somehow and took another picture and it came out brown liquidish. Do you know how to fix the glue area? We were actually looking for someone able to fix the camera for us. (My gf loves the SX70 a lot) Still no hope. :(
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline Tenkey

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 05:24:16 »
this thread somehow just makes me laugh

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 19:21:10 »
Nothing as fancy as the other ones, but here is mine:

Yes, it is pink.  My other half bought it, and then decided it was too slow for the action shots she wanted to take, so I inherited it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 19:35:43 »
Nice little mini tripod, what is it?

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 19:38:01 »
Nothing as fancy as the other ones, but here is mine:

Show Image

Yes, it is pink.  My other half bought it, and then decided it was too slow for the action shots she wanted to take, so I inherited it.

nice muscato, my missus loves the rose

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:04:24 »
Nice little mini tripod, what is it?

Dunno, picked it up at the $2 shop I think.  It has "MiCam" printed on it.

nice muscato, my missus loves the rose

Actually it was just the first box they grabbed at Dan Murphy's to put my vodka in :)

Now I keep magazines in it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:10:40 »
Yeah in my younger days I used to visit Dan Murphys about once a week and buy about 1-200 bucks worth of the most random stuff.
Probably the reason why I still have 10 bottles of vodka.
Speaking of vodka, that crystal head vodka bottle looks damn cool.

Back to camera stuff: Mini tripods are a great affordable buy. my manfrotto cost me about $400

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:59:20 »
It does, expensive though.  Large and small sizes available.  Also that coppery coloured squarish Absolute bottle is nice.

Offline compgeke

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 01:08:29 »
Here's my camera how you would typically see me carrying it:

And here's everything (including the stuff I leave at home):

Offline xredman

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 13:22:38 »
My equipment.