Author Topic: Clack Info Thread  (Read 284504 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Clack Info Thread
« on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:44:11 »
This thread is not the Clack Therapy thread. Please go there or elsewhere to vent. I would really appreciate this thread to stay true to the OP, even if I have been insanely lazy about updating it.

Mashby has making these really awesome lists lately. So I thought I’d ride his coat tails and do something similar. I also stole his idea of making a GH Click Clack Wiki page. Check it out!

Clacks are pretty popular on GH. But us newbies don’t really get a lot of info on them. All of a sudden, we see a 3D going for $300 and we think it might be worth it. Well before you do that, maybe you can get some info here.

Edit on 10/8/13: The prices and colors here might be a little outdated. The "price guide' is about a 6 month window from October 2012 to April 2013. Keeping track of all the prices is too much work for one person. Also, the colors in this thread and the Wiki may not be complete. I will be updating/consolidating the two threads when the new Wiki rolls out.

Edit on 12/7/13: Finally getting around to updating the information. A better explanation of the different ClickClack keycap types is now available.

Edit on 8/28/14: I have not followed second hand Clack prices for a while. I don't follow them anymore and have adjusted the OP accordingly. Please refer to the Pricing Thread or the Price Check Thread for more information. Also a quick Google search of the Classifieds or elsewhere will show a good amount of pricing information.

TABLE OF CONTENTS (ToC)

1) What are Clacks?
2) How are they made and where can I buy one of these Clacks
3) Will they fit/match my [fill in the blank] keyboard?
4) Retail Price of a Clack
5) Colors
6) Specialty Caps
7) Secondhand Market Prices

What are Clacks? (ToC)
Officially called ClickClack keycaps, they are created by the user Click Clack who also has an account named Clack Factory. Other names for they caps are "Clacks", "CCs", "Click Clacks", and even "Clarks". They are novelty caps that fit on the Function/Escape row, arrow cluster, or WASD cluster. The caps have three different designs; they come in the form of a raised skull, an etched/infilled leaf, and blank. They come in a variety of colors and can fit different types of keyboards (MX, Topre, etc). More details can be found below.

How are they made and where can I buy one of these Clacks? (ToC)
You can buy them from EliteKeyboards (EK), from ClickClack himself in his GH vendor forum, or from the GH classifieds section. The most famous of his sales are his 4Grabs sales. Periodic updates into ClickClack's cap making work can be found in his Head's Up thread.

Most of the current cap makers hand pour their caps into silicone molds. Bro Caps has a 6 part metal mold to make his BroBot V2 caps. It has been rumored that ClickClack may have an injection molding machine but it's very possible he hand pours his caps. The running joke is that he's cool dude (true) who has a lot of gnomes (who knows??), and that he carves them with his gnomes. So even though we all know Clacks are Gnome-carved, ClickClack tries to throw us off his scent. (From the Post Your Clacks thread.) The current best guess is that the caps have a mold that is either injection molded or hand poured, then ClickClack hand finishes them.

Are 3D mx triple shot or do they have painted eyes?
I believe that they are painted.
nope =)
They are triple molded and are semi-opaque.

Now that's interesting :O
Or is it?  =P

Back to Table of Contents

Will they fit/match my [fill in the blank] keyboard? (ToC)

Clacks are made in the follow 4 stem types:

Cherry MX (From mkawa)

Topre

Bucking Spring (From JwasZ)

Alps (From Ripster)

Clacks then come in the following flavors (thanks to esoomenona for the help):
  • Skulls
  • Blanks
  • Clusters
  • Topre Function (fn) Caps
  • Gumrot
  • 4:20
  • Rare or limited editions

1)   Skulls can come in a single color, transluscent/see through (aka trans), bi-color, or tri-color. The transluscents can now be found in a glow-in-the-dark hue as well as the standard colors such as transluscent red. Bi-colors usually come in two types: a solid color with different colored eyes (Mr. Friday, Nightowl) or have a different face color (Drunken Skull, Skeletor). Tricolor skulls are usually split into three colors. The body has one color, the face has another, and the eyes have a third (such as the original or OG tri-color or Salute). Other tri-colors have a body with layered colors (Candy Corn skull) or mis-matched eyes (3D).
More

Example of single colored and bi-color skulls (Hack Orange, Revenge Red, Hardcore White, and Ionospheric Blue are all single colored skulls; the green Mr. Friday is a bi-color. Photo borrowed from snoopy.

Examples of bi-color and tri-color skulls. Photo borrowed from eth0s.

Computer-Lab-in-Basement’s Noct skull, it glows in the dark!

2)   Blank Clacks are non-skull caps that come in single, double (such as Oktoberfest), or triple colored layers (such as Julysicle). There are also Splats, which are blanks but have a bloody splatter image on them. Splats aren’t layered.
More

Dubsgalore’s Julysicles

Dustinhxc has a Candy Corn blank on his 1.

Formerly jcrouse’sBloodshot splats.

Prototype Paint Ballin’ splat. Owner wishes to remain anonymous.

3)   Clusters are Blank Clacks that come in a set that fit on the WASD or arrow clusters. They have their own ClackFactory profile, which I believe is between OEM and Cherry.
More

Formerly jcrouse’s WASD and arrow clusters.

4)   Topre function caps are caps that fit on the HHKB function location in the proper profile.
More

sth’s HHKB with Oktoberfest fn cap

5)   For Halloween 2013, there was an EliteKeyboards sale with this new cap style from ClackFactory. It looks like an ogre or troll instead of the old standard of skulls and blanks. Gumrots come in MX and are solid. GummyRots are MX and Topre and come in a translucent color.
More

HendyZone’s MX Gumrot.

6)   These keycaps have a marijuana leaf on them. There are two types of leaves: O’ Natural and Toast. O’ Natural is more like the original leaf. Toast is a simplified more bold pattern. Then there are four color variations:
  • Sticky – Solid color with an engraved leaf
  • Sticky Icky – A bi color cap: the body has one color with an engraved leaf infilled with a different color
  • Sticky Icky Icky – A bi color cap: the body has one color, the engraving has the same color and isn’t infilled. Then the leaf is another color.
  • Good Times – a tri colored cap: the body has one color, the engraved infilled outline a second, and the leaf itself a third
More

From ClackFactory’s 4Grabs, examples of Sticky and Sticky Icky Icky. In the first picture, 1 shows the O’ Natural leaf. 2 is Toast.

7)   ClackFactory has done a lot of different caps and many different materials. He’s done everything from the Deskthority Award’s Wingnut cap to swappable magnetic fridge stems for his caps.
More

Wingnut caps are prizes for the annual Deskthority awards. That picture is from the 2013 awards.

Detachable magnetic MX Clack adapter.

I should also say that some of the Clacks used to come in sets. For example Nightowl, T2 Terminator, and I think the black/red splats came from a set called Bloodshot. ClickClack's cryptic explanation can be found here.

Retail Price of a Clack (ToC)
How much is a clack going to cost me? Here's some pricing from 2013.

This is from danielucf in the What we got in the mail thread. He’s a cool dude with a lot of info.
Out of curiosity how much were the CC's? I want to know a baseline resale price people think is a good deal so I don't get ripped off. Thanks.
If you sell or buy at their retail price which has been between $14-34, roughly, you will not be ripped off. I believe single colors have been $14-24 depending on if it was straight from Clack Factory, or a little more if it was from elitekeyboards. Tri-colors are more in the upper range like $26-34. Obviously anything above retail is profit, and how much you want to profit during resale is up to you.

So these prices are from EK or from Clack when he sells them. ClickClack will sell them direct in his 4Grabs sales. He’ll also do random sales like this laser charged sale which was for a MX Black Vader cap. In the EliteKeyboards sales, he’ll do a lottery. You register your information and if you get picked, EK will send you an invoice.

Now if you want to take your chances in the classifieds… (Thanks to jdcarpe! This was also posted in the What Did You Get in the Mail Thread.  Also a cool dude.)
We could start a new thread just for this discussion, but the average prices they have been going for lately, i.e. market value, not retail (and charitable sellers notwithstanding) are these:

Solid colors $3o-110+
Tri-colors $120-150+
Rare/limited $200-250+

That's what you could expect to pay when buying them at auction or from a seller who paid those prices for them.

If you are patient, people sometimes give them away for free, or sell them at cost. Or sell them at a personal loss, to try and do something nice for someone.

Now if we want to go back in time a little, we can find more pricing. The pricing below is a bit dated but it's from Clack's 4Grabs Sale Thread. This means these are retail prices are directly from ClickClack himself. You can see how pricing changed over the course of ten months: from December 2011 to September 2012. I'm not sure if a Hack Orange is worth more than a Milk Blue. It might be a judgement call. (I'll update if I can find more info.)

2011 Pricing

2012 Pricing

Colors (ToC)

Now that we have an idea of what we can expect/want to pay, we have a more important question: What color clack should we get? Now Clack has a listing of all the colors he’s made. But I have an issue with the list: There’s no pictures! Don’t panic. Also, I've unearthed a little picture that might help to explain some of his color names:

If you ever wondered why it was called P1 Purple or T2 Terminator. This is why. ClackFactory has a master list/grid and that's how he plans it. This is the only pictures I've been able to find of this. I don't have a full matrix to post.

Reaper’s Picture. Borrowed from the Post Your Clack Thread.

Now onto your regularly scheduled pictures.

Q = Original EK Tri Color Skull
W = Salute
E = 3D
R = Candy Corn Tri Color Skull
T = Jack o’ Lantern
Y = P1 Purple
U = Vader
I = Candy Corn non-Skull
A = F2 Blue
S = Tickle Me Pink (Confirmed here)
D = Concrete Mint Green
F = Hack Orange
G = Painful Red (Confirmed here)
H = Revenge Red
Z = 420 (Don’t know the color name)
X = 420 (Don’t know the color name)
C = 420 (Don’t know the color name)
V = Mint Gum Green
B = Mr. Friday
N = Depth Black

DanGWanG’s Picture from the same thread as above. They are all single color skulls.

1 = Revenge Red (Same as H from Reaper’s picture. Left is MX, Right is Topre, Confirmed here)
2 = Painful Red (Same as G from Reaper’s picture) (Confirmed here)
3 = F2 Grey (Confirmed here)
4 = Depth Black (Left is MX, Right is Topre)
5 = Milk Yellow*
6 = Yolk Yellow (Confirmed here)
7 = Orangesicle (Confirmed here)
8 = Candy Corn Tri Color Skull (Same as I in Reaper’s Picture)
9 = Milk Pink (Confirmed here
10 = Tickle Me Pink (Same as S in Reaper's Picture)
11 = See #1
12 = Jack o’ Lantern (Same as T in Reaper’s Picture)
13 = Mint Gum (Confirmed here)
14 = Guac
15 = ??
16 = 3D Tri Color Skull
17 = Milk Blue*
18 = Original EK Blue (Confirmed here)
19 = P1 Purple (Confirmed here)
20 = P1 Purple (Same color as 19 but different stem I think)

A combination of non-skull single color and single color skull Clacks from Tsangan. An explanation of the profiles can be found here.
21 = Midnight Indigo (Confirmed here. I still think it looks like Midnight Blue from the 4Grabs thread but I'll concede  :p)
22 = Juice Yellow
23 = Machine Green (Sorry Tsangan but your guess of Army Green might be wrong! But Clack himself ID'd this in his 4Grabs. Maybe there's 2 names?)
24 = Chartreuse/Toxic Green (Yes it has 2 names according to 4Grabs)
25 = Octopink (Same as Reaper's S and 10)
26 = Candy Corn (Same as Reaper's I)

From ekw808.
27 = Salute (Same as Reaper's W)
28 = 3D (Same as Reaper's E)
29 = ??? (Purple and White? These are Skeletor)
30 = Milk Purple (Confirmed here)

From Turbo Slaab. Skipping the Clacks I have ID'd already.
31 = Julysicle
32 = Hardcore White
33 = EK Grey (Confirmed here)
34 = Oktoberfest

Found this wonderful picture from DanGWanG. Going to borrow it; the original post was found here. You can find him at his blog.

For more detailed color information, please check out the Click Clack Wiki page

Specialty Caps (ToC)

AA = Ducky Quack (From here)
BB = Dark Ducky Quack (From the same thread as above)
CC = Ripster's Red Vader (From here. There is also a black Vader. I'll update when I find a picture I like.)
DD = sixty's Custom Clack (Sixty is a member on Deskthority, pic found here)
EE = Litster's Wingnut from the 2012 DT awards.
FF = Donut clack (Not sure if it's real, found it in Clack's Gallery. Posted mainly for Halverson and rowdy ^_^)

Some transluscent prototype caps from ClickClack. Sixty posted these pics here. (Thank you noisyturtle for the info!)

Purple prototype caps! Noisyturtle gave me the link but I think it might've been from Clack's subforum.

Pricing on the second hand market (ToC)
Second hand market prices can be discussed in the Clack Valuation Thread. Please keep the pricing discussion there.

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 April 2018, 15:12:43 by trizkut »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Clack Info Thread - Please Help Me ID Some Colors!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:44:35 »
Now here’s where I need help. The question marks and the comments mean I need some help. If you could tell me what the color names are, I’d be very grateful. And please let me know if any info I have is wrong or can be added to. I’ll update as I get more info.

When I feel like the OP has a pretty good amount of colors, I plan on migrating the info to the GH wiki. There is now a page I'm happy with over at the GH Wiki with some of the info from this thread. If I borrowed your picture, you'll definitely get credit in the wiki article. If you help ID a color, I'll give you credit in my article.

And thanks to anyone who has helped with ID's so far  :D

Oh and my favorites? I like the skulls.  Skeletor, Salute, and the GH Tricolor. I really love the tri-colors. And single colors? P1 Purple, Octopink, and Ionospheric Blue.

If you're curious about the Table of Contents, I used the BBCode Manual provided by mkawa. Thanks kawa!

* = Guess, Waiting for confirmation (Someone says yes that's the name or I see a few of the same guesses for the same cap)

------------------------------------------------
This post is also reserved for more pics.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 March 2013, 08:27:23 by CPTBadAss »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:47:57 »
Ooh wow, you've really been hauling on this stuff. :) I think the Y in Reaper's photo is from the P1 sale, IIRC.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:48:43 »
Also,sorry for the double post, but they have been made in ALPS.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:58:34 »
Cross reference to here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24466.msg713021#msg713021

Good luck, you'll need it!!11!!!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:58:57 »
From my pic:

D = Concrete Mint
V = Mint Gum (Green)

Hope that helps.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:01:09 »
Ooh wow, you've really been hauling on this stuff. :) I think the Y in Reaper's photo is from the P1 sale, IIRC.

I finished my other project so I decided to do this one  :D

Cross reference to here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24466.msg713021#msg713021

I linked that but thank you for adding the msg tag. I haven't figured out how to tag individual posts in a thread yet.

From my pic:

D = Concrete Mint
V = Mint Gum (Green)

Hope that helps.  :)

You posted awesome pictures to use, helped a lot already =)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:03:24 »
I'll have to find Kisakuku's pictures... we could get a TON of colors out of that, plus they're convieniently sepersted into MX and Topre. There's also the Wingnut clack from the DT awards. Though you will NEVER be able to buy one.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:05:38 »
I'll have to find Kisakuku's pictures... we could get a TON of colors out of that, plus they're convieniently sepersted into MX and Topre. There's also the Wingnut clack from the DT awards. Though you will NEVER be able to buy one.

I'm not even sure if I'll ever get one as it is so it's all good. I saw that Wingnut cap though, it was awesome. If I can find the pic I'll post it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:07:25 »

I linked that but thank you for adding the msg tag. I haven't figured out how to tag individual posts in a thread yet.

Oops, sorry, didn't see that.  I skimmed through the older posts a bit too quickly.

Basically you just click the title just above where it says "Reply #7 on: ...".  That will give you the direct link to that individual post.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:09:02 »

Oops, sorry, didn't see that.  I skimmed through the older posts a bit too quickly.

Basically you just click the title just above where it says "Reply #7 on: ...".  That will give you the direct link to that individual post.

Genius. So useful. Thanks rowdy

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:22:18 »
You posted awesome pictures to use, helped a lot already =)

Pfft...  my potato cam?   :)   Oh and that A is an F2 blue (not Ionosphere blue which btw, I'm still looking for one).
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:28:25 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:23:37 »
Hi CPTBadAss

Let me know if you want me to start putting this info in the wiki :)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:27:40 »
Hi CPTBadAss

SmallFry mentioned this to me. I figured I was going to get some more colors ID'd and then try and add them myself. I have another picture or two I want to ID. As well as the jcrouse pic that I used. I'll PM you for help when I'm done?

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:36:22 »
I've heard "Q" in Reapers pic being called Skeletor. But I'm not sure if that's the real name.

Also, are you sure all those blacks are depth blacks? There's other blacks floating around that aren't "depth". I don't know what the regular black is called. Maybe someone could chime in?
Looking for CC's!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:37:48 »
That isn't a Skelator, its an original EK tri-color

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:38:37 »
Hi CPTBadAss

SmallFry mentioned this to me. I figured I was going to get some more colors ID'd and then try and add them myself. I have another picture or two I want to ID. As well as the jcrouse pic that I used. I'll PM you for help when I'm done?
Yeah just let me know. I'm not a wiki expert but i have added a decent amount of info.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:39:23 »
Also, in jcrous' pictures, some of his wasd sets have matching arrow sets. That's what those are.
Looking for CC's!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:39:51 »

Skeletor is Purple with Yellow Face and Black eyes I think right? I know I saw one and was DROOLING over it. I know it has some form of purple in it...

I've heard "Q" in Reapers pic being called Skeletor. But I'm not sure if that's the real name.

Also, are you sure all those blacks are depth blacks? There's other blacks floating around that aren't "depth". I don't know what the regular black is called. Maybe someone could chime in?

Unsure of all the black colors. Clack's list is a bit confusing but I'm trying my best to figure it out.

Also, in jcrous' pictures, some of his wasd sets have matching arrow sets. That's what those are.

Thanks. Is there a difference between them besides the profile? Are they engraved or anything?
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:42:31 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:41:46 »
I think 7 is orangsicle
17 milk blue
19/20 P1 purple
13 mint green
6 yolk yellow
10 octopink

Those are all my guesses, can't really confirm them without DW

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:42:22 »
5,6,7 - yolk yellow, orangsicle, hack orange?
Looking for CC's!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:43:43 »

I think 7 is orangesicle, since it looks similar to the yellow on candy corn, not darker than the orange on it.
5 could be a milk yellow?

Also, we need some pics of the metallic and translucent caps. How about Ripsters red Darth Vader(I think he has that one)?

Oh can't forget the Deskthority Wingnut caps made by CC himself. Silver and gold.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:45:37 by Halverson »

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:44:35 »

I think 7 is orangesicle, since it looks similar to the yellow on candy corn, not darker than the orange on it.

I did notice that after I posted.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:46:18 »

Skeletor is Purple with Yellow Face and Black eyes I think right? I know I saw one and was DROOLING over it. I know it has some form of purple in it...

Unsure of all the black colors. Clack's list is a bit confusing but I'm trying my best to figure it out.

Thanks. Is there a difference between them besides the profile? Are they engraved or anything?

Now that you mention it, I do recall skeletor having purple....

No engraving, just profile for the arrows.
Looking for CC's!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:50:56 »
Hi CPTBadAss

Yeah just let me know. I'm not a wiki expert but i have added a decent amount of info.

sth, my bad. I didn't realize only people with accounts could update the wiki. You're more than welcome to add the info.

Everyone else, I'll update these and put a note on them saying we're waiting on confirmation.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:52:25 »
Hi CPTBadAss

sth, my bad. I didn't realize only people with accounts could update the wiki. You're more than welcome to add the info.

Everyone else, I'll update these and put a note on them saying we're waiting on confirmation.
Cool no harm no foul. I just dont want to go adding things to the wiki without asking the people actually compiling the info  :cool:

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:55:12 »
I'll occasionally add stuff too sth.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:56:02 »
I'll occasionally add stuff too sth.

If you want to start doing the CC stuff that is fine with me. I have my hands full formatting the GH keys page right now  but it shouldn't take too long. PM me if you wanna coordinate it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 01:07:45 »
Not forgetting the rumoured donut Clack either :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Clack Info Thread - Please Help Me ID Some Colors!
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 01:09:51 »
Not forgetting the rumoured donut Clack either :)

Sadly, that ones gone...I ate it :p

Offline durainello

• Free cheap and fast International shipping solution to fellow Singaporean.
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 01:54:54 »
Is there any milk blue made for Topre?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 06:54:04 »
Is there any milk blue made for Topre?

From what I've seen, there are a ton of Topre Clacks around. I'm sure there are. Solid color skull Topre seem like one of the most common types of Clacks.

Offline jcrouse

Re: Re: Clack Info Thread - Please Help Me ID Some Colors!
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 07:26:42 »

Never say never :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 07:27:24 »

Turbo, Clack's Gallery has a picture of Skeletor.

It's so awesome. I'll add it to the OP as well.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 19:40:20 »
Updated the thread with some more info. Still need some help though!

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 22:53:39 »
I often get confused because sometimes the Guac skull looks similar to the Chartreuse, especially when you see Dan's collection. Perhaps it's the lighting?

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 00:05:15 »
I often get confused because sometimes the Guac skull looks similar to the Chartreuse, especially when you see Dan's collection. Perhaps it's the lighting?
They aren't similar in anyway, except that they are both a shade of green
Keyboardless

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 00:09:50 »
They aren't similar in anyway, except that they are both a shade of green

Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 04:16:55 »
Close enough, he says, who is unlikely to every own two to compare, never mind just seeing someone else's photos of them.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 05:14:18 »
wasnt there a red vader and a boob clack

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 05:19:06 »
wasnt there a red vader and a boob clack

Red Vader is ripsters. I believe it was back when CC took custom orders.
Looking for CC's!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 06:01:12 »
these two should probally be mentioned;

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 06:24:31 »

Which one do you think is Chartreuse?

And that meme made me lol Turbo.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 February 2013, 06:28:22 by CPTBadAss »

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 09:35:17 »

#4 on CC's image vs #14 on Dan's image in the first post

Sometimes I think its like MDPC sleeving. The shade comes out different depending on the lighting.

... or it's just me :confused:

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 13:10:47 »
I don't think its the same, from the lighting in Dan's picture it everything looks the way its suppose to be

Chartreuse is very unique and bright in its own way compared to the other skulls
Keyboardless

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 14:11:03 »
I don't think its the same, from the lighting in Dan's picture it everything looks the way its suppose to be

Chartreuse is very unique and bright in its own way compared to the other skulls
Show Image

what profile are those on the second row? and are they topre?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 14:52:35 »
Perhaps special FN keys for his HHKB?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 14:54:46 »
my thoughts exactly.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Re: Clack Info Thread - Please Help Me ID Some Colors!
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 14:55:36 »
my thoughts exactly.
He forgot to include his Julysicle then :P. He has an FN Julysicle.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 15:18:22 »
Yeah that Fn key is pretty boss