Author Topic: Logitech G110  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Wopian

• Why Hello There.
    • Bobstudios
Logitech G110
« on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 10:22:40 »
Hi guys, this is my first review so yeah...

My parents got me this keyboard for my 15th birthday - apparently they got it 4 weeks ago (a week before I mentioned about getting the Filco Majestouch 2 w/ WASD modified keycaps.

Ok, first off, looks: This keyboard actually looks sleek with the tall caps (not slim like so many other rubber dome gaming keyboards). The LEDS, although only limited between red, purple, blue and black varients look rather nice overal with 3 buttons to change to set colours from the program you need to download - also nice and easy to use. And with only one obvious branding logo on the keyboard (excluding the engraved logitech logo on the wrist rest) it's a very clean looking board.

Functionality: The wrist rest was a bit of a pain to attach, until I found out one of the clips wasn't attaching properly causing it to fall off when I placed it down. The keys are rather soft for a rubber dome and was unexpected at this. Keycaps are non-glary and a balance between smooth and grippy. As like most keyboards, the keys are positioned differently, mostly because of the G-keys which I keep pressing and making the windows fullscreen as that seems to be the default. Currently I press 'a' instead of 's' - quite annoying while typing this :P

The font used on the keycaps are easy to read and don't look ugly *cough*.

My only problem so far is the two ctrl keycaps are oddly shaped and the area in which I normal press the key just happens to not exist, as there is a corner cut off. The spacebar also seems to be making a sqeaking noise now.

Typing: Once I get around to working on one of my sites.

Gaming: Soon, whenever I manage to fit a quick session of something today. :)

Now for some lovely pictures of the keyboard.

The box.

Keys lit up blue - faint colours because it was taken with me blocking the light on the keyboard ;)

The 12 G-keys with the oddly shapped ctrl key.

Overal look of keyboard - minus the numberpad which got cut off :(

...and the numberpad with volume control.

My current workstation as of now with my trusty keyboard that's lasted me a good few several million key presses above. (Graphics tablet out of shot)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Re: Logitech G110
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 10:26:48 »
I used a G110 until I got my first mechanical keyboard. The G110 is definitely a higher quality rubber dome keyboard. The backlighting on it was soft and subtle, and the media keys were useful. However, as I don't game much anymore like I used to, I found the G keys quite useless.

For a rubber dome keyboard, it's great :)

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 03:37:41 »
I still remember my funny days playing bad company 2 with G110.
Bind Gkeys with like ... pull out ammo box, toss, change back to primary weapons. Bind messages like "give me &^% medic!!" or something. Even toggle crouch button? (didn't remember why).
And it's backlit, Gkeys, headphone jack are very helpful in my office too :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 February 2013, 03:39:28 by quake4mhg »

Offline Number_25

• http://www.keironoshea.info
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 10:55:03 »
Great review!

Offline kboardvintage

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 16:47:21 »
love the macro keys

Offline Wopian

• Why Hello There.
    • Bobstudios
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 18:18:54 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 03:55:43 »
Nice to see a youngster giving such a succinct review of a Logitech keyboard.

I'm not one of the "Destroy-all-Logitech-Keyboard's" brigade because I own a few of them myself and actually find them quite suitable for the tasks they are designed to do.

I was looking once at getting a G110, but after your review I might just buy one.  Just curious to see if their membrane tech has been modified much since the release of the G19, which I still love.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 14:31:28 »
Used a G15 before I got a mech to replace it for gaming and at home typing. Good board and lasted me many years, but yeah I found very limited use from the G keys esp. after switching to windows 7.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 14:31:49 »
snip
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Abacus1234

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 13:24:59 »
Yeah, very nice review. The Logitech G110 is a good rubber dome. I still have one which I take with me to my buddies houses when we all have time for a LAN for once.

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 14:44:37 »
He he my old one Keyboard i love it so much untill i got my first Mechas  :cool:
but it is still one of the best rubberdome Keyboards.
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R