Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2600431 times)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #3500 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:42:30 »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #3501 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 05:13:40 »
In preparation for Halloween - this is dedicated to dustin :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3502 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 16:16:04 »
Very nice :)

The black case contrasts nicely with the CandyCorns.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3503 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 16:17:35 »
Of course rowdy is the first to comment on the super cool yellow keyboard
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3504 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 16:21:42 »

Notice how I didn't explicitly mention the yellow keycaps?

Just ignore that I offered to buy them on the other thread :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3505 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 16:22:18 »

Notice how I didn't explicitly mention the yellow keycaps?

Just ignore that I offered to buy them on the other thread :p

hue hue hue
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3506 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:10:11 »
DSC00506.jpg by tjcaustin, on Flickr

DSC00507.jpg by tjcaustin, on Flickr

Offline feizor

« Reply #3507 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:12:40 »
Show Image

Show Image

Wow those novatouch sliders are appearing on all of the topre boards!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3508 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:13:02 »
^ And the line between FC660C and FC660M blurs slightly ...

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3509 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:14:05 »
I'm debating putting olivetti and cmyk on it instead of that, but I dunno.  I've been messing with keyboard custom stuff for a couple hours now.  Kinda tired.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #3510 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:33:24 »
Show Image

Show Image

Did something happen to the insert key slider?  It looks depressed in both pictures.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3511 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:35:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

Did something happen to the insert key slider?  It looks depressed in both pictures.

I think I have the dome pinched or something.  Not worth unscrewing a billion screws to find out atm.  It isn't interfering with use anyways

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3512 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:38:20 »
Show Image

Show Image

What's the size of the spacebar? 6 unit? And how does Novatouch slider feel on FC660 compared to the original?
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #3513 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:39:16 »
Show Image

Show Image

I think I have the dome pinched or something.  Not worth unscrewing a billion screws to find out atm.  It isn't interfering with use anyways

Oh, that shouldn't be too bad to fix then.  I like the look of the Leo with those caps.  Just curious, are you now using the Leo caps on the Novatouch?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3514 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 18:40:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

What's the size of the spacebar? 6 unit? And how does Novatouch slider feel on FC660 compared to the original?

Sliders feel the same and yeah, it's typical topre spacebar size, 6u.  Until today, I had a white spacebar that would have worked, but I put it on an hhkb I traded.

Show Image

Show Image

Oh, that shouldn't be too bad to fix then.  I like the look of the Leo with those caps.  Just curious, are you now using the Leo caps on the Novatouch?

Yeah, the leo caps are on the novatouch now. 

DSC00508.jpg by tjcaustin, on Flickr

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3515 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 20:30:32 »
Sliders feel the same and yeah, it's typical topre spacebar size, 6u.  Until today, I had a white spacebar that would have worked, but I put it on an hhkb I traded.

Interesting. I should consider doing that mod to my HHKB. Thanks for your reply!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #3516 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 17:54:08 »

no going back

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3517 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 17:55:10 »
Sorry to spam all the threads:  :p

« Reply #3518 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 21:25:25 »
Damn, these last couple pages are a hard act to follow...I'll add some more 660 content  :cool:

HHKB caps  :)

They fit perfectly, matching profile and everything!

Looking for blank red Escape and possibly Caps Lock keys, and a Brobot v2 in some kind of black or red/black or black/orange scheme. Then this board is officially done :D

The keepers: 660C/Blank 660M/Blues

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3519 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 02:41:22 »
Show Image

no going back

MMMMM eff me... those are some beautiful angles on your spacebar there. The Topre Gods would be proud of you.

Sorry to spam all the threads:  :p
Show Image

Simple yet fun! :)

Damn, these last couple pages are a hard act to follow...I'll add some more 660 content  :cool:

HHKB caps  :)

Show Image

They fit perfectly, matching profile and everything!

Show Image

Looking for blank red Escape and possibly Caps Lock keys, and a Brobot v2 in some kind of black or red/black or black/orange scheme. Then this board is officially done :D

I always wished I had a blank 660C to do that!!! So beautiful to see it in front of me, instead of in my memory and photoshop mockups!

Thank youuu for these photos. It looks absolutely splendid.

Do you think you could do just the alpha, spacebar, and  insert & delete all blank white (including number row), and keep the rest blank black??? Of course you can keep \| black too because that was what I was kind of wanting to do... and incorporating my red or lime green blanks for ESC and arrow cluster... ****... this is making me want to pick up another 660C...

Also, you're doing the spacebar right ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 October 2014, 02:43:39 by VesperSAINT »

Offline TheBinary

« Reply #3520 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 13:14:45 »
Crappy photo, though I finished my 88UB.
Dental Banded, Lubed Stabs, 45G Uniform, 87UB ANSI Alphas, 88UB ISO Mods, Yellow ISO Mods, Orange Mimic Cable.
Also, you can see my lovely JP.  :cool:

Show Image

Show Image

Nice one bro! Looks good.

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #3521 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 14:04:07 »
Modded my Pro JP into a variable silenced with purple stems  :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3522 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 14:05:20 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

that reaper is SICK

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3523 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 14:06:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful! :) I bet it sounds amazing!

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #3524 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 14:06:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

that reaper is SICK

I'll take some clear shots next time ;)

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #3525 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 14:09:53 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful! :) I bet it sounds amazing!

It sounds mellow and smooth

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3526 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 15:46:09 »
So I am going to lube up my Type S soon, I have seen Bro's photo around the internet of lubing the sliders, but some people also recommend lubing the stems. Thoughts? What seems to work best for you guys?

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #3527 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 15:49:34 »
So I am going to lube up my Type S soon, I have seen Bro's photo around the internet of lubing the sliders, but some people also recommend lubing the stems. Thoughts? What seems to work best for you guys?

I would follow this guide:
http://www.mechblog.org/

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3528 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 16:22:21 »

So he recommends lubing the plungers too, how do you do that?

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #3529 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 16:30:35 »

Looks like we are both working on the same thing right now. Recently got a type-S and bought some lube from CtrAlt store. Looking to follow Bro's guide as well. Haha
sell out and eat ass

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3530 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 16:33:40 »

Looks like we are both working on the same thing right now. Recently got a type-S and bought some lube from CtrAlt store. Looking to follow Bro's guide as well. Haha

Haha, I got my lube from there too, just arrived on Friday so I might try and lube the board tonight. Can you link the guide? I just saw a picture with some arrows.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #3531 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 17:49:24 »
@byker - nope cannot find the guide with the lube spots highlighted, may have to stalk his posts  :(

moonlighting
sell out and eat ass

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #3532 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 17:54:35 »
@byker - nope cannot find the guide with the lube spots highlighted, may have to stalk his posts  :(

Show Image

moonlighting

sexy pic
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3533 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 18:41:13 »

Show Image

moonlighting

Sexy halloween :D

Here ya go.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3534 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 20:38:02 »
and what about the plungers dustin? Is it worth lubing them, if so how and where?  :)

I am a bit of a noob at this!  :p

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3535 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 21:11:02 »
and what about the plungers dustin? Is it worth lubing them, if so how and where?  :)

Sorry cant input, Ive only done those slider spots that Bro told me to do. :)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #3536 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 05:43:59 »

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 05:47:24 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #3537 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 09:22:18 »
Show Image

This is my favorite looking topre board I have seen in a while. That clack>
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #3538 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 10:26:39 »

That's my guide linked above, glad my ramblings helped someone! In reference to the posts above regarding plunger lubing; I lubed my JP using Bro's method of lubing the two 'slider rails' that Dustin has linked a picture illustrating, as it seemed to be by far the most popular method being suggested. After doing this though I personally found the difference to be very minimal. I had seen someone else ages ago recommend lubing the plungers too, so when I lubed my JP again and my Type-S I did both the slider rails and the plungers. I found it to be much better and wouldn't ever just lube the slider rails personally. In regard to 'how' - I just lubed right around the cylindrical part of the plungers if that makes sense.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3539 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 10:30:33 »

I've done it. Don't waste the lube on it. Makes the board slightly quieter, other than that, no benefit to feel in my experience.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #3540 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 10:45:39 »
I've done it. Don't waste the lube on it. Makes the board slightly quieter, other than that, no benefit to feel in my experience.

I was just about to do it too... :confused:

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #3541 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 11:09:12 »
Show Image

Wow, how do I take such nice photos? :(

Offline skuko

« Reply #3542 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 11:10:55 »
Finally got around to taking some pictures of my new baby. Was a gift to myself for my new job:

Show Image

i need this exact board, but it's almost 300 euro from keyboardco.com, including shipping. that is way too much.

any suggestions how to get it without having to sell a kidney?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #3543 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 11:20:27 »
Finally got around to taking some pictures of my new baby. Was a gift to myself for my new job:

Show Image

i need this exact board, but it's almost 300 euro from keyboardco.com, including shipping. that is way too much.

They cost should cost around 210 USD or 160 Euros from elitekeyboards. I realize your country isn't listed on the countries they ship to but it might be worth asking them if they would. (They say you can contact them if you aren't on their list of countries they ship to)

They ship to austria, croatia and hungary so maybe they could add slovakia.

Offline skuko

« Reply #3544 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:05:54 »

Show Image

They cost should cost around 210 USD or 160 Euros from elitekeyboards. I realize your country isn't listed on the countries they ship to but it might be worth asking them if they would. (They say you can contact them if you aren't on their list of countries they ship to)

They ship to austria, croatia and hungary so maybe they could add slovakia.

thanks for the tip, wrote them a mail.

edit: got an answer, but unfortunately EK doesn't mark the merchandise as gifts and does not lower the value, so essentially if i add the VAT and import fee to the EU, i would pay the same as if i bought it from keyboardco, roughly 270 euro. that is way too much.

my last option would probably be a proxy, who could repack the board and send it to me with a lower value slip and as a gift.

any volunteers please? :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 17:17:14 by skuko »

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #3545 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 20:11:06 »

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #3546 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 20:12:28 »
Show Image

2 caps lock>1 caps lock  :))

Looking great! I love White/Pink two tone.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3547 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 20:40:14 »
Show Image

Mmmmmmm strawberry ice cream :D

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3548 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 21:28:21 »

More

My hhkb's I got 2 weeks ago
picture of the white hhkb come out bad
looks great on my set up

Now I need some clacks to pretty up my girl
which I could've won today but nooo EK and CF are not going to let that happen.

now i got a fc660c today testing it out right so far its okay
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 November 2014, 21:35:06 by appleonama »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3549 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 21:31:51 »
Show Image

:thumb:

that looks awesome I might do this to mine

I wish I could find pink blanks tho