Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1622599 times)

Offline BlueBär

Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR STABILIZERS)
« Reply #4050 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 07:23:09 »
Take it there's no further update?

Gh60-2015

Not sure which part of "waiting for stabilizers" you didn't understand, but we're waiting for stabilizers. If you want updates on that, check Ivans stab GB thread.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #4051 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 13:12:20 »
oh yea. i forgot about this buy. TJ is on it now eh? well thats good i guess.

man WFD really bailed on us?  that is surprising to me. i figured he would be back now and helping.  anywho i have faith in this. it isnt like you guys are named DrugER and in Korea.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4052 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 13:30:27 »
I still need the stabs total confirmed and paid so I can get the order finalized with GMK.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4053 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 13:43:15 »

man WFD really bailed on us?  that is surprising to me.

Isn't to me...

I still need the stabs total confirmed and paid so I can get the order finalized with GMK.

What's the best way to confirm stabs?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4054 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 09:23:25 »
It's something one of the buy runners needs to do (or a few other people that have the time really I suppose as long as there is a consensus). The way the order confirmation sheet is structured there is no easy way to run a total for stabs other than manually counting them.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 09:25:15 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4055 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 18:27:31 »
It's something one of the buy runners needs to do (or a few other people that have the time really I suppose as long as there is a consensus). The way the order confirmation sheet is structured there is no easy way to run a total for stabs other than manually counting them.

If someone can send me a copy of the sheet, I am sure I can write a python script to extract the numbers we need...

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #4056 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 20:06:21 »
If someone can send me a copy of the sheet, I am sure I can write a python script to extract the numbers we need...

I don't know if it exists in a better format but a spreadsheet with all the orders is on the first post. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AraAg2A1x5csdGhmV2xKd2h5SmZQUFFSa3ZSZ3BjWkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

It looks like the stab orders were just a free text area and mixed with keyswitch orders. Parsing them will be difficult.

EDIT:

Actually after looking at the sheet closer it would be impossible do this. Many of the orders are unclear. I suppose we could guess at them but I really hope whom ever sent out the invoices for this has some sort of record of who gets what stabs.  :-X
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 August 2014, 20:19:50 by xavierblak »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4057 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 22:08:18 »
If we can't get a script to do the work for us, I'm willing to sit down and count everything to get the numbers down just to get both this buy and Ivan's moving forward. 

At this point, I'd willingly give up my stabs since I'm getting some through Ivan and got some through WASD.  I just want to see this thing making progress instead of stagnating.

Offline xavierblak

« Reply #4058 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 22:45:47 »
If we can't get a script to do the work for us, I'm willing to sit down and count everything to get the numbers down just to get both this buy and Ivan's moving forward. 

At this point, I'd willingly give up my stabs since I'm getting some through Ivan and got some through WASD.  I just want to see this thing making progress instead of stagnating.

I'd be willing to do some of this work as well. But I've been hoping someone with the knowledge would step forwards with a list that was used to charge for the stabilizers. Ivan has anyone said they don't have a list or have they just not gotten back to you?

If we can't get that list, my thought was to create a copy of that google sheet with the needed columns and then share access with anyone who was willing to help out. Asking one person to process 300 orders would be rough but if we could spread the work around it would be more do-able.

Edit: Another option would be to email/pm everyone on that list with a form for them to re-enter their order in a way that could be easily parsed.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 August 2014, 22:48:30 by xavierblak »

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #4059 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 23:52:37 »
So I have this idea.

We split the spreadsheet into 10, having each spreadsheet a 30 orders each. We need 10 volunteers to count the spreadsheet and report back here. We need to define or clarify some terms though on the spreadsheet, like how many stabs in one 'set'.

I'm at work right now so can't actually count one spreadsheet though.

If this idea is good enough, one should reply with 'Mine - Spreadsheet Number(or filename)' and edit the post later with how many stabs.

Hope this helps. I would really love to get this pcb before christmas.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #4060 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 12:40:46 »
We split the spreadsheet into 10, having each spreadsheet a 30 orders each. We need 10 volunteers to count the spreadsheet and report back here. We need to define or clarify some terms though on the spreadsheet, like how many stabs in one 'set'.

If this idea is good enough, one should reply with 'Mine - Spreadsheet Number(or filename)' and edit the post later with how many stabs.

Won't be at work 'til tomorrow but I'm busy all day today, pretty sure. But by the end of the week I can have #10 counted up. Or somebody with more free time can jump in there...

So, not being in this buy, I've only been loosely following it. You just need a total count? I see in this file, 6.25 spacebar specified, sometimes separately from costar/cherry but clear enough what's meant.

Then there's entries with questions. Spacebar: hhkb (7?) / pure: (6.25 I guess?). Should I go with the number named or the layout requested (meaning a bit of research but I'm for that)?

Most just specify "a set" ... That's the number I plan on quoting, but I assume that would work out to be 4 2x + spacebar (just 4x if no spacebar specified)

Ideas? As requested I'll edit this one I've actually counted file #10 but what would be really cool, is the software widget equivalent of one of those hand-counters the librarians use when they're keeping track of questions-answered. "Aisle four, in the three hundreds." 'click' "No copies available." 'click' (counter now shows 002).

Does anybody know of such a widget? Need about five of them ... costar, plate-cherry, pcb-cherry, 6.25 wire, 7x wire ... what else will I run into?

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4061 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 16:22:30 »
Okay, I just pounded through the entire spreadsheet.  Sorry for not declaring that I would do so, but it was kind of a spur the moment deal.

Anyway, here's what I've counted:

Cherry PCB 6.25x : 115
Cherry PCB 7x : 47
Cherry Plate 6.25x : 130
Cherry Plate 7x : 92
Costar 6.25x : 94
Costar 7x : 22
Cherry 6.25x Wires : 8
Cherry 7x Wires : 25

Obviously, as mentioned before, the Costar stabs will be ordered as Cherry.  Additionally, as others have mentioned, there is a lot of ambiguity in some of these orders.  When a stabilizer length was not mentioned, I looked at the choice of plate and if it became obvious I filled it in as such.  If it was still not obvious, I defaulted to 6.25x.  This was very common for the Costar orders.  There were 48 orders that were not immediately obvious what stabilizer size to choose.

Here is my spreadsheet, for review.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4062 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 16:44:21 »
It will take more time, but a PM with an update for stabs might be the best. People might want to add more or less since it's been so long since the original order.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline pasph

« Reply #4063 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 17:06:06 »
It will take more time, but a PM with an update for stabs might be the best. People might want to add more or less since it's been so long since the original order.
This would mean reopen the stabs orders, send how many?  200-300 PMs?
Another 6 months?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4064 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 17:10:29 »
Okay, I just pounded through the entire spreadsheet.  Sorry for not declaring that I would do so, but it was kind of a spur the moment deal.

Obviously, as mentioned before, the Costar stabs will be ordered as Cherry.  Additionally, as others have mentioned, there is a lot of ambiguity in some of these orders.  When a stabilizer length was not mentioned, I looked at the choice of plate and if it became obvious I filled it in as such.  If it was still not obvious, I defaulted to 6.25x.  This was very common for the Costar orders.  There were 48 orders that were not immediately obvious what stabilizer size to choose.

Wow, Hoff. Thank you so much for doing that. I had started on it, but I've just been so busy at work the past few weeks, I hadn't had time to work on it at all. You da man, bro!!!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4065 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 17:11:38 »
Thanks Hoff.  I may run through it as well just to get a consensus on numbers.

Another 6 months?

And know that some people just won't respond and you'll then have to guess. 

No, it's best to just have a couple of people count and go with the highest count from each person's total.  That way you're covered and may have a couple of extras.

Hell, since WASD has Costar stabilizers now, it might be worth seeing if you can grab enough for all the orders that wanted them from WASD and submit the Cherry numbers.

We need to get this thing moving forward instead of sitting around and waiting for someone else to come up with an easy solution for how to fix the buy.  There are no easy solutions for the stabilizer problem.  No matter what, some people will be unhappy.  Lets just get an idea of what's needed, order extras, and move forward and hope everything works out correctly.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 September 2014, 17:13:20 by nubbinator »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4066 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 17:20:36 »
Much appreciated to those that offered and did count.  I just finished with totals a hair higher than hoffman and sent that to lysol to get a final price.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #4067 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 19:07:45 »
do address changes go to tj or jd? I sent a pm to jd and have not heard back. I was not sure where to send it.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4068 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 19:58:49 »
do address changes go to tj or jd? I sent a pm to jd and have not heard back. I was not sure where to send it.

Sorry about that, buddy. I've been slow to respond to PMs lately, but I'll forward it over to TJ for you.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4069 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 22:47:59 »

Sorry about that, buddy. I've been slow to respond to PMs lately, but I'll forward it over to TJ for you.

Thanks!

Offline agor

« Reply #4070 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 04:00:29 »
Thanks to all for counting!
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline vorn

« Reply #4071 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 04:13:36 »
Thanks to all for counting!

Yes, thanks to all who have been keeping the wheels moving! :)

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #4072 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 06:21:43 »

I know this is a bit late now, but IIRC, there was a specified "kit" or "set," and that kit was to be the definition of "one set," unless specified (such as with alternate spacebars).

Thanks Hoff.  I may run through it as well just to get a consensus on numbers.

Another 6 months?

And know that some people just won't respond and you'll then have to guess. 

No, it's best to just have a couple of people count and go with the highest count from each person's total.  That way you're covered and may have a couple of extras.

Hell, since WASD has Costar stabilizers now, it might be worth seeing if you can grab enough for all the orders that wanted them from WASD and submit the Cherry numbers.

We need to get this thing moving forward instead of sitting around and waiting for someone else to come up with an easy solution for how to fix the buy.  There are no easy solutions for the stabilizer problem.  No matter what, some people will be unhappy.  Lets just get an idea of what's needed, order extras, and move forward and hope everything works out correctly.

^this. Sometimes figuring out the best possible solution is even harder than just doing things "the hard way."

^Awesome! (and perfect example of what i just replied in response to nubbinator)

And, as mentioned at the top of my ginormous multi-quote: the process was initially intended to have a "default," and any variation from that default was to be specified by those placing the non-default order (such as alternate space bars or extra stabs).

Won't be at work 'til tomorrow but I'm busy all day today, pretty sure. But by the end of the week I can have #10 counted up. Or somebody with more free time can jump in there...

So, not being in this buy, I've only been loosely following it. You just need a total count? I see in this file, 6.25 spacebar specified, sometimes separately from costar/cherry but clear enough what's meant.

Then there's entries with questions. Spacebar: hhkb (7?) / pure: (6.25 I guess?). Should I go with the number named or the layout requested (meaning a bit of research but I'm for that)?

Most just specify "a set" ... That's the number I plan on quoting, but I assume that would work out to be 4 2x + spacebar (just 4x if no spacebar specified)

Ideas? As requested I'll edit this one I've actually counted file #10 but what would be really cool, is the software widget equivalent of one of those hand-counters the librarians use when they're keeping track of questions-answered. "Aisle four, in the three hundreds." 'click' "No copies available." 'click' (counter now shows 002).

Does anybody know of such a widget? Need about five of them ... costar, plate-cherry, pcb-cherry, 6.25 wire, 7x wire ... what else will I run into?
^As above. In accordance with the instructed ordering process, anyone who wanted anything deviating from defaults, was told repeatedly to specify it as such. There may have even been a stipulation that if you wanted more than one set, but less than two, you'd just have to get two sets and have leftovers.

But that problem has been fixed (and with "elbow grease" rather than theory-crafting and automation).

Much appreciated to those that offered and did count.  I just finished with totals a hair higher than hoffman and sent that to lysol to get a final price.
^Awesome!

So I have this idea.

Hope this helps. I would really love to get this pcb before christmas.

^Good idea! (despite the fact that Hoff nullified it like a champ!)

I hadn't logged in or even lurked in weeks; glad to pop in and see the wheels haven't fallen off. :)
Logitech G710+

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #4073 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 06:35:05 »

I am moving soon too, and I take it I might as well PM TJ directly, or do you both need the new address?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4074 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 06:40:58 »

I am moving soon too, and I take it I might as well PM TJ directly, or do you both need the new address?

Your order will be shipped by komar, so he's really the one who will need the updated address.

TJ is shipping North America orders, and komar is shipping the rest of the world. :)

in memoriam

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4075 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 08:33:17 »

Wow, thank you so much for this effort Hoffman  :thumb:

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4076 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 16:27:03 »

Your order will be shipped by komar, so he's really the one who will need the updated address.

TJ is shipping North America orders, and komar is shipping the rest of the world. :)

Would a mod please edit this somehow into the op?

Thanks again!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4077 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 16:33:12 »

Would a mod please edit this somehow into the op?

Thanks again!

It's there, you just have to read to the bottom of the post, under the "Logistics" heading.

Logistics
 Komar designed and will have the PCBs made, I designed and will have the plates made. Jdcarpe and I will manage orders, but all of us will have access to the spreadsheets. Jdcarpe and I tjcaustin will handle US and Canada assembly and distributions, komar will assemble and distribute for EU and the rest of the world (unless you have a personal request or already have prior arrangements). Main reason is because it’s no longer cheap to ship international from the US. Switches are from 7bit. Tjcaustin will collect money and invoice.

in memoriam

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4078 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 10:41:42 »
Stabs ETA is October.

Offline battletux

« Reply #4079 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 23:04:50 »
Stabs ETA is October.

:eek:

Would that mean, dare I say it, delivery by Christmas?

Offline kinruan

• SWAG=Specially Weaponized Asian Grandma
« Reply #4080 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 13:12:34 »
i have moved and changed my address. wondering if GB owner (no idea who is in charge now) has gotten my new address
If the world ends tomorrow, what should we have for dinner tonight?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4081 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 15:00:51 »
Stabilizers paid for and getting ready to be shipped to me.

Next will be me making a google doc for everyone to fill out for change of address just to CMA.

Offline vorn

« Reply #4082 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 00:18:46 »
Awesome news!! :thumb:

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
« Reply #4083 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 02:42:10 »
Good job!;)
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4084 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 02:55:38 »
<Insert Ron Paul it's happening meme>

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #4085 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 04:10:03 »

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #4086 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 12:13:37 »
Anyone with a spare pcb/ANSI 125 plate they don't want please pm me! Putting this here once you guys start receiving your stuff ! :-)

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #4087 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 13:21:38 »
Hooray!!
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline netdevil

« Reply #4088 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 02:05:00 »
Finally. This is great news!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #4089 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 18:17:57 »
Anyone with a spare pcb/ANSI 125 plate they don't want please pm me! Putting this here once you guys start receiving your stuff ! :-)

Probably me.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #4090 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 04:36:46 »
Hello,

I would like to join this GB and have an idea of what parts I want; are there any extras that I can buy, if not, will there be more opportunities to get the GH60 stuff?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #4091 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 05:35:48 »
Hello,

I would like to join this GB and have an idea of what parts I want; are there any extras that I can buy, if not, will there be more opportunities to get the GH60 stuff?
I highly doubt that you can get any extra stuff. This group buy has been going on for over a year. You can buy one on [CTR]ALT though.
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4092 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 05:44:44 »
I highly doubt that you can get any extra stuff. This group buy has been going on for over a year. You can buy one on [CTR]ALT though.

They don't sell the GH60.

You'll probably be able to get some PCBs from people who sell theirs after the GB ships.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4093 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 12:07:05 »
Hello,

Talk to mkawa, he was looking to do a round 2.

Offline jabar

« Reply #4094 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 19:40:36 »
tj, did you record my address change?
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4095 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 20:31:19 »
tj, did you record my address change?

Yes, but I'll be posting something over the weekend so that everyone can check, verify and modify orders if they aren't showing correctly, including addresses.

Offline p3lim

« Reply #4096 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 21:17:44 »
What are the LED options available on this board? Would love to do indicators based on the active layer or some other trigger through the firmware.

It has probably been answered before, but it's over 130 pages without a search option.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4097 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 00:04:46 »
What are the LED options available on this board? Would love to do indicators based on the active layer or some other trigger through the firmware.

It has probably been answered before, but it's over 130 pages without a search option.

I believe the LED options are pretty limited on this board.  I am not the right person to answer this, but I believe it only supports caps lock and the WASD cluster.  There might be a couple more leds, but not much more than that if I remember correctly...

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4098 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 05:42:08 »

I believe the LED options are pretty limited on this board.  I am not the right person to answer this, but I believe it only supports caps lock and the WASD cluster.  There might be a couple more leds, but not much more than that if I remember correctly...

It supports full backlighting but needs an extra module for that (should be programmable as well iirc).

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4099 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 08:42:00 »

It supports full backlighting but needs an extra module for that (should be programmable as well iirc).
Ya. I have heard about the extra module for full backlighting, but I didn't think it was fully tested and working yet. I am sure as people get their boards this will get ironed out pretty quickly.

Pardon my ignorance, by requiring 'an extra module', is that extra hardware or is it only an addition to the firmware somehow? Do you know how this 'module' is implemented?