Author Topic: The Beer Thread!  (Read 397962 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: The Beer Thread!
« Reply #750 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 02:14:52 »
i hope at least the pizza was tasty.

Touche, good sir. The pizza was mighty fine. Chicken and salami are a good combo.

It was great!  Thanks for the compliment.  I would have loved a pizza though.  Sometimes nothing beats some fresh hot pizza.  Definitely one of my favorite foods!  I hope you enjoyed it!

I hear ya, dood, and I most definitely did! Last night was one of those nights I just wanted something really heavy and hearty. Hit the sweet spot.

I'll have to give the salmon curry a shot sometime :) Thanks for the idea.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #751 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 06:50:25 »
I just want to bathe in this stuff.

IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #752 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 07:59:43 »
That salmon curry looks absolutely delish!!! Quite a fine meal you have there. Kinda jelly ~~~ :P

I happened to take a shot of my meal from last night too! No way near as high quality tho~

Half a large Dominos premium chicken and salami pizza with a Newcastle.

Show Image

This pizza is haunting my life!  I just caught up on this thread today and now I want a pizza...and a beer...

Offline tribade

« Reply #753 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 12:51:27 »
i hope at least the pizza was tasty.

Touche, good sir. The pizza was mighty fine. Chicken and salami are a good combo.

It was great!  Thanks for the compliment.  I would have loved a pizza though.  Sometimes nothing beats some fresh hot pizza.  Definitely one of my favorite foods!  I hope you enjoyed it!

I hear ya, dood, and I most definitely did! Last night was one of those nights I just wanted something really heavy and hearty. Hit the sweet spot.

I'll have to give the salmon curry a shot sometime :) Thanks for the idea.

Yeah man no problem!  It was actually quite a mild curry.  Here's the recipe I used:  http://slimpalate.com/salmon-curry-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free/

I had it with rice, but it would be great with naan as well.  Definitely needs a carb though with it.  And that pizza does look pretty damn delicious too.
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline tribade

« Reply #754 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 01:45:51 »
Had this lovely beverage tonight:

I am off my ass drinking that though. Geez I'm not used to that anymore. My local whole foods had their bi-annual 20% off beer today so I'm stocked up for a while  :cool:
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

Offline iri

« Reply #755 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 08:16:09 »
i forgot what that was exactly. it's a bavarian hefeweizen, 8.2%.

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #756 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 13:10:26 »
today's choice, brought to me by the wife:

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #757 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 15:46:50 »
It's not quite beer yet, but here's a picture from the New Glarus brewery from today. I got Lastpilot addicted to Spotted Cow.

Offline iri

« Reply #758 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 16:13:53 »
this one is from Barnaul.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #759 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 19:21:44 »
It's not quite beer yet, but here's a picture from the New Glarus brewery from today. I got Lastpilot addicted to Spotted Cow.

Need dat raspberry tart!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #760 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 21:03:07 »

Need dat raspberry tart!

OHMYGOD the raspberry tart was sooooo good!! I didn't know you wanted some! I should have asked.  :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #761 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 22:39:50 »
Speaking of New Glarus...

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #762 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:11:16 »

Show Image

How is the Serendipity?

I still have a bottle of the Belgian Red left from the case I bought the last time I visited my sister-in-law in Monroe. Need to drink that soon...

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #763 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 23:14:04 »

Show Image

Oh man does that look tasty.  How is it?  I am not usually into fruity beer, but if it is just a hint, it can be quite good. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #764 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 11:14:28 »

Show Image

That's it Hoff, I'm coming to your place...I love that beer, one of the few I've had from New Glarus, along with the Raspberry Tart:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #765 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 11:23:11 »
How is the Serendipity?

I still have a bottle of the Belgian Red left from the case I bought the last time I visited my sister-in-law in Monroe. Need to drink that soon...

This was my first time trying it, and I loved it.  Soooo many flavours in it, it's amazing...   :-*

Oh man does that look tasty.  How is it?  I am not usually into fruity beer, but if it is just a hint, it can be quite good. 

If you're not into fruity beer, this may not be for you.  It's sort of a cross between a beer and a wine.  I love it, but it's got lots of fruitiness so you may not be the biggest fan.  I'd say it's definitely worth a try though if you have the opportunity.   :thumb:

That's it Hoff, I'm coming to your place...I love that beer, one of the few I've had from New Glarus, along with the Raspberry Tart:

Please do come visit!  :P  Raspberry Tart, you say, eh?   :rolleyes:

Having the Tart on tap on the brewery grounds, along with a nice brat...  Oh my, that was quite a treat.   :-*

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #766 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 11:29:45 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 09:55:54 by esoomenona »

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #767 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 11:44:01 »
Please do come visit!  :P  Raspberry Tart, you say, eh?   :rolleyes:

Show Image

Having the Tart on tap on the brewery grounds, along with a nice brat...  Oh my, that was quite a treat.   :-*
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #768 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 18:45:18 »
This one's good too!  :D

Offline iri

« Reply #769 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 03:02:25 »
rouge de brussels and grimbergen dubbel.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #770 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:16:56 »
My new brew system got delivered last night... Much beer to follow...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #771 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:38:13 »

Show Image

YESYESYES this is so exciting.   ;D

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #772 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:46:29 »
jwaz was kind enough to give me a bottle of Rare Barrel's Fields Forever- A red sour aged in Oak barrels with strawberries. I made a fried rice dinner with a friend last night and shared it with him. It was damn tasty, even though I ended up serving the first glass slightly warmer than I would have liked. The second glass was an utter delight.

We definitely need to have a GeekHack meetup in Berkeley so we can repair to the Rare Barrel brewery and bar afterward.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #773 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 16:55:50 »
YESYESYES this is so exciting.   ;D

Yeah, I agonized for weeks on what to do for the system. I was waffling between the MoreBeer systems, or building one myself (which would have been a fun way to learn to weld), and then I stumbled upon this shop in Fort Collins called Ruby Street Brewing that does these systems. I got them to do a custom version of their 15 gallon system so that it was flat like their 40 gallon systems. I've been waiting (im)patiently ever since.

Sooooo glad I went with Ruby. This thing is a beautiful, beautiful beast. Now I just have to decide what my first brew should be on this system.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #774 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 21:13:56 »

Show Image

Thats awesome!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #775 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 22:55:53 »
Not my photo, but this is what I'm drinking tonight:

I don't think you can go wrong with Zywiec Porter.  It's fantastic for the price, giving many more expensive porters a run for their money.

And remember, it's pronounced ʒi-vee-etz

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #776 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 15:46:20 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 December 2014, 07:50:46 by Xowie »
RETIRED

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #777 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 01:38:54 »
Trying rogue for the first time
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #778 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:00:28 »
Not my photo, but this is what I'm drinking tonight:

Show Image

I don't think you can go wrong with Zywiec Porter.  It's fantastic for the price, giving many more expensive porters a run for their money.

And remember, it's pronounced ʒi-vee-etz

IMO this is what a porter should be, nice full body and perfectly toasted malt, my only qualm is that the abv is a little high for my taste as it seems to overpower the remaining flavors.
eh o well

Offline tribade

« Reply #779 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 21:03:01 »
Would you guys hate me for drinking cider today?   :))

(not my picture)

It's pretty good, actually.  Quite dry and bitter; just the way I like a cider. 

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #780 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:28:11 »
Super Bock master race!

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #781 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 02:16:06 »
6.0 abv.  First time I have ever been disappointed in a vanilla porter.  Has a very thin taste to it, closer to say a heavy lager.  Comes on softly with a fake vanilla taste and leaves with a stale mgd taste.  On the plus side, if you just drink the whole bottle at one time it is enjoyable, the problem seems to be the after taste, but it does go down smooth.  Seems I need to stick to stones version.

83311-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 December 2014, 02:18:00 by jackalope »
eh o well

Offline iri

« Reply #782 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 03:24:52 »
vanilla porter?! oh dear

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #783 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 06:58:03 »
look, these letters are funny!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #784 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 07:39:19 »
I have a lot of micro-brewery's in my town. If anyone wants to trade some beers.

If anyone has seen the Truman show with Jim Carey. The place they filmed that is right next to where I live and they have there own brewery. If anyone is interested in their beers.

Offline tribade

« Reply #785 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:08:57 »
I have a lot of micro-brewery's in my town. If anyone wants to trade some beers.

If anyone has seen the Truman show with Jim Carey. The place they filmed that is right next to where I live and they have there own brewery. If anyone is interested in their beers.

If you want I could probably ship a few Pliny the Elders to you if you're interested.  Or anything else from around these parts.  I don't really need any other beers but if someone is interested I could probably get a few bottles out here and there.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #786 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:10:30 »

If you want I could probably ship a few Pliny the Elders to you if you're interested.  Or anything else from around these parts.  I don't really need any other beers but if someone is interested I could probably get a few bottles out here and there.

Is this offer open to others as well?  :3

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #787 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:14:42 »

Let me put some links of the local brews here. There are actually a lot of brewery's. My favorite being McGuire's Raspberry Wheat.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #789 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:22:51 »

Not my picture and not super rare by any means but I thought I'd share one of my favorite beers that isn't an IPA.   :thumb:
null

Offline tribade

« Reply #790 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:23:21 »

Yeah the brewery is only 45 minutes away.  I'm in that area about once every other week.  Just let me know.

I should add that I'm in Sonoma.  Lagunitas, Bear Republic, 101 North, Drakes, Russian River.  There are too many to list these days. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:25:36 by tribade »

Offline tribade

« Reply #791 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 20:26:32 »
http://www.propsbrewery.com/Our_Beer.html

http://www.mcguiresirishpub.com/brewery.php

http://graytonbeer.com

Sweet!  I went a little bit overboard at the holidays  ;D so I'm taking it easy right now.  But we'll do a swap later at some point!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #792 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 23:13:04 »

Yeah the brewery is only 45 minutes away.  I'm in that area about once every other week.  Just let me know.

I should add that I'm in Sonoma.  Lagunitas, Bear Republic, 101 North, Drakes, Russian River.  There are too many to list these days.
Dear god! RR stopped distributing Blind Pig, so as much as I love Pliny, I'd love to trade for some Pig as well as Pliny! Anything from the San Diego scene that you like?
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #793 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 19:57:03 »
I haven't been to Russian River in months but I hear these days it's even more insanely busy than usual.

tribade: Have you been to Sante yet? It's worth the drive, I know people who go every weekend :))

edit:
MythicalWagyu: ISO: Vietnamese Speedway & Alpine's IPAs FT: RRBC everythaaang
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 January 2015, 20:00:30 by jwaz »

Offline tribade

« Reply #794 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 22:36:02 »

Dear god! RR stopped distributing Blind Pig, so as much as I love Pliny, I'd love to trade for some Pig as well as Pliny! Anything from the San Diego scene that you like?

I can definitely get Blind Pig, too.  I'll give you a holler as soon as I pick some up!

I haven't been to Russian River in months but I hear these days it's even more insanely busy than usual.

tribade: Have you been to Sante yet? It's worth the drive, I know people who go every weekend :))

edit:

Russian River just seems to get busier and busier I swear :(

I've actually never heard of Sante.  Is it the brewery in Capitola?  I'll have to check it out next time I go down that way!  Always looking for new things to try!

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #795 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 23:19:08 »
Trying rogue for the first time

I've got a bit more than half a case worth of that left. How'd you like it?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline drewba

« Reply #796 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 23:54:08 »
It's probably a little late in the day to be drinking a 14.9% beer but....yolo?

Offline iri

« Reply #797 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 05:52:37 »
It's probably a little late in the day to be drinking a 14.9% beer
it is better to drink it earlier?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline drewba

« Reply #798 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 08:37:40 »
It's probably a little late in the day to be drinking a 14.9% beer
it is better to drink it earlier?
:D I have a "no alcohol past 10PM" rule which I broke last night by drinking a beer at almost 12PM. But this morning I feel great, maybe the beer is to thank?

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #799 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 12:11:02 »
I'm out of Viet Speedway (Sadly missed the BA Vietnamese Speedway release too) but definitely overdue for a trip to Alpine - need more Nelson, Pure/Expo Hoppiness & Duet  :D
Definitely trying for the Beer Geek Speedway Imperial Oatmeal Stout with Kopi Luwak Coffee; will be buying the max allocation of four assuming I make it to the website in time  :p

I can definitely get Blind Pig, too.  I'll give you a holler as soon as I pick some up!

Awesome, I love the pig & pliny!

It's probably a little late in the day to be drinking a 14.9% beer but....yolo?

Show Image

Anytime is perfect for BCBS - you've already waited a year for it, right?!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More